Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 7 Toplef10What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 7 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 7 I22gcj10What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 7 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 7 Toplef10What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 7 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 7 I22gcj10What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 7 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» New to SFG in Arlington, Tx
by sanderson Today at 3:13 pm

» Soil Blocks: Tutorial In Photos
by OhioGardener Yesterday at 5:20 pm

» Manure tea overwintered outside - is it safe to use?
by Mhpoole 4/24/2024, 7:08 pm

» Advice on my blend
by donnainzone5 4/24/2024, 12:13 pm

» Senseless Banter...
by OhioGardener 4/24/2024, 8:16 am

» Rhubarb Rhubarb
by sanderson 4/23/2024, 8:52 pm

» What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today
by OhioGardener 4/23/2024, 1:53 pm

» What do I do with tomato plants?
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 4/23/2024, 1:36 am

» N & C Midwest: March and April 2024
by Scorpio Rising 4/22/2024, 4:57 pm

» Kiwi's SFG Adventure
by sanderson 4/22/2024, 2:07 pm

» Sacrificial Tomatoes
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 4/22/2024, 10:36 am

» From the Admin - 4th EDITION of All New Square Foot Gardening is in Progress
by sanderson 4/21/2024, 5:02 pm

» Seedling Identification
by AuntieBeth 4/21/2024, 8:00 am

» Happy Birthday!!
by AtlantaMarie 4/21/2024, 6:56 am

» Three Sisters Thursday
by sanderson 4/20/2024, 5:25 pm

» Recommended store bought compost - Photos of composts
by sanderson 4/20/2024, 3:08 pm

» Compost not hot
by Guinevere 4/19/2024, 11:19 am

» Maybe a silly question but...
by sanderson 4/18/2024, 11:22 pm

» Hi from zone 10B--southern orange county, ca
by sanderson 4/18/2024, 12:25 am

» Asparagus
by OhioGardener 4/17/2024, 6:17 pm

» problems with SFG forum site
by OhioGardener 4/16/2024, 8:04 am

» Strawberries per square foot.
by sanderson 4/16/2024, 4:22 am

» What are you eating from your garden today?
by sanderson 4/16/2024, 4:15 am

» April is Kids Gardening Month!
by sanderson 4/15/2024, 2:37 pm

» Creating A Potager Garden
by sanderson 4/15/2024, 2:33 pm

» Butter Beans????
by OhioGardener 4/13/2024, 5:50 pm

» Companion planting
by sanderson 4/13/2024, 4:24 pm

» First timer in Central Virginia (7b) - newly built beds 2024
by sanderson 4/13/2024, 4:16 pm

» California's Drought
by sanderson 4/10/2024, 1:43 pm

» Anyone Using Agribon Row Cover To Extend The Growing Season?
by sanderson 4/8/2024, 10:28 pm

Google

Search SFG Forum

What are you eating from your garden today?

+77
professorm
Ginger Blue
Judy McConnell
StrongAsMeat
walshevak
No_Such_Reality
lopez
ralitaco
GrowRunner
MrBooker
littlejo
Zmoore
FeedMeSeeMore
p14shooter
landarch
BeetlesPerSqFt
bigdogrock
countrynaturals
littlesapphire
CotheK
WindAndVane
Swilliams0416
reynajrainwater
Mimi2
donnainzone5
greatgranny
Scorpio Rising
MackerelSky
kauairosina
Goosegirl
Marc Iverson
CapeCoddess
CitizenKate
Dadoo
vortex
trolleydriver
Mikesgardn
mschaef
hokie_paw
mollyhespra
momvet
NanSFG
Rahab222
bbroomm
nosmok
TinySpock
Razed Bed
quiltbea
Triciasgarden
Dunkinjean
sfg4uKim
steve638
NAR56
martha
Cajun Cappy
Windmere
AtlantaMarie
dstack
southern gardener
plantoid
johnp
cyclonegardener
audrey.jeanne.roberts
Kelejan
sfgteachers
Turan
GloriaG
Cherbear
Denese
floyd1440
yolos
llama momma
FamilyGardening
herblover
meatburner
brainchasm
camprn
81 posters

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 7 Empty Re: What are you eating from your garden today?

Post  sanderson 4/1/2015, 10:11 pm

John, Very nice of you.

Find more about Weather in Fresno, CA
Click for weather forecast
sanderson
sanderson

Forum Administrator

Female Posts : 21547

https://connect.xfinity.com/appsuite/#!!&app=io.ox/mail&

Back to top Go down

What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 7 Empty Re: What are you eating from your garden today?

Post  TinySpock 4/2/2015, 2:30 pm

I harvested my first radishes on Sunday March 29, 2016 - very hot and spicy!

What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 7 Wildfl11

This morning, a green smooth with my Chard

What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 7 Violas12
TinySpock
TinySpock

Female Posts : 81

Back to top Go down

Post  TinySpock 4/2/2015, 2:31 pm

Smoothie!  I type too quickly!
TinySpock
TinySpock

Back to top Go down

Post  CapeCoddess 4/2/2015, 3:47 pm

Ha, I originally read it as smoothie. Your SFG is fantastic! Look at that chard! How old it is?

CC
CapeCoddess
CapeCoddess

Back to top Go down

Post  Triciasgarden 4/2/2015, 5:57 pm

Beautiful beds! I love the idea of a TT just two feet wide! It seems a perfect distance across!
Triciasgarden
Triciasgarden

Female Posts : 1634

Back to top Go down

Post  TinySpock 4/2/2015, 7:44 pm

Triciasgarden wrote:Beautiful beds!  I love the idea of a TT just two feet wide!  It seems a perfect distance across!

Tricia, it was my handyman's suggestion, as the wood pieces came in 8 ft lengths.  It was easier for him to build them.  They are perfect!   I'm keeping him pretty busy, building TT's, a 2 x 8 ground level box, lugging bags of Mel's Mix.  I even asked him to MOVE the planted TT 3 ft. to the east - a couple of blocks were in the shade - and he did!  He and his nephew picked it up - it wasn't easy but they did it!  I need two more TT's, I think that should do it, LOL.  For now . . . .  

I'd love to see pictures of your garden! flower
TinySpock
TinySpock

Back to top Go down

Post  AtlantaMarie 4/3/2015, 8:37 am

Those are really nice, TinySpock!  Please make sure to tell your handyman! 

Could be the start of a whole new business for him...  :-)
AtlantaMarie
AtlantaMarie

Certified SFG Instructor

Female Posts : 5602

http://www.defensivespecialties.com

Back to top Go down

Post  TinySpock 4/3/2015, 1:10 pm

CapeCoddess wrote:Ha, I originally read it as smoothie.  Your SFG is fantastic!  Look at that chard!  How old it is?

CC

I planted a 6-pack of Chard about 7 weeks ago.  It does look nice.  Something's eating the leaves though.  I can't see anything on the leaves or their undersides.
TinySpock
TinySpock

Back to top Go down

Post  CapeCoddess 4/3/2015, 1:28 pm

TinySpock wrote:
CapeCoddess wrote:Ha, I originally read it as smoothie.  Your SFG is fantastic!  Look at that chard!  How old it is?

CC

I planted a 6-pack of Chard about 7 weeks ago.  It does look nice.  Something's earing the leaves though.  I can't see anything on the leaves or their undersides.

Probably time for the nightly flashlight hunt for slugs. Ick.  Or put a dish of beer in there and see if you 'catch' any.

To get back on topic, this morning I ate some baby sprouts from thinning my kale, lettuce & collard seedlings.

CC
CapeCoddess
CapeCoddess

Back to top Go down

Post  Goosegirl 4/13/2015, 8:19 pm

Made fried rice tonight using some green tops from my Egyptian Walking Onions.  They are about 8 inches tall already, so it is time to start snipping!
Goosegirl
Goosegirl

Female Posts : 3435

Back to top Go down

Post  yolos 4/13/2015, 8:23 pm

Salad with 7 different varieties of lettuce and the leaves from a baby Bok Choy.
yolos
yolos

Female Posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  nosmok 4/13/2015, 8:37 pm

Several varieties of Romaine lettuce that over wintered and some Nantes and purple Dragon carrots in my salad.
nosmok
nosmok

Male Posts : 55

Back to top Go down

Post  llama momma 4/13/2015, 9:01 pm

Had the first 1/2 dozen purple passion asparagus.
llama momma
llama momma

Certified SFG Instructor

Female Posts : 4921

Back to top Go down

Post  CapeCoddess 4/14/2015, 10:31 am

A few fresh baby kale leaves in my smoothie this morning! I love you 
CC
CapeCoddess
CapeCoddess

Back to top Go down

Post  llama momma 4/14/2015, 12:29 pm

It finally happened this morning.  A 6-1/2 ounce serving of lightly steamed, then lightly sautéed home grown mostly purple passion asparagus and a little Jersey Giants, in a small amount of garlic cream sauce with 2 farm fresh scrambled eggs.  I think my life is complete. sfg smile 

Thank You Mel Bartholomew!

What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 7 Unname16
llama momma
llama momma

Certified SFG Instructor

Back to top Go down

Post  bbroomm 4/14/2015, 7:47 pm

I made a salad with 8 ingredients.  5/8 were stuff I grew.  Everglades tomatoes (yum), scallions, cucumber, arugula, sprouts.
So satisfying. (chicken, spring mix lettuce and mushrooms in case you were wondering.)
bbroomm
bbroomm

Female Posts : 70

Back to top Go down

What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 7 Empty Eating

Post  Rahab222 4/15/2015, 1:28 am

Lettuce.  But it's on the verge of bolting and getting a little bitter.  Houston already has temperatures in the upper 80's and low 90's.  I started planting for spring in February.
Rahab222
Rahab222

Back to top Go down

What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 7 Empty Mesclun Mix

Post  Razed Bed 4/15/2015, 4:23 pm

Today, my wife and I bought salads from the salad bar at Whole Paycheck, except we did not get any lettuce.  We used our Mesclun Mix in our containers, and we filled up both salads without looking like we put a dent in the containers.

The rain and cooler temperatures have worked to our advantage for once.  We had two days between 85 and 90, but our containers were moved into the shade those days.
Razed Bed

Male Posts : 243

Back to top Go down

What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 7 Empty Salami

Post  plantoid 4/15/2015, 6:46 pm

Today I ate some home made salami ...no I didn't grow it in the beds but it did contain home made minced dried garlic granules and some tiny 1.5 " long red  ground up chilli peppers that did come from them along with two slightly rounded dessert spoons of Salami cure .  

I only put in a small pinch of the dried ground up peppers & sneezed worse than the dog who decided to walk in to the Kitchen to see what I was doing with the pound of coarse minced pork.  I rubbed it in the mince along with the dried garlic and then put it through the mincer  a second time to truly incorporate it using a smaller plate /die .

Filled the natural sausage skins ( sheep intestine )  to give me three nine inch long salami and put them outside in the air dryer for 29 days.   Weight loss was almost exactly 30% so they have dried nicely .

I tested it this lunch time it's a bit of a light texture , in that it is not the normal hard fatty looking salami you get in the shops .. I'm still alive and haven't thrown 10 hrs later on , so it appears to be OK.

The only problem is that I smell like a Frenchman due to the stronger than usual home grown  garlic & I've had to check my underwear several times since lunch time just in case the chilli has burnt right through me.

I don't recall what variety the chilli is for the seedling came from a supermarket potted plant last year.... but , " Boy Oh boy , is it hot or what ?

I'm sowing three of the dried seed I kept aside from last year sometime tomorrow , to see if it  is  still as hot when it's harvested in September ...
plantoid
plantoid

Male Posts : 4096

Back to top Go down

Post  llama momma 4/20/2015, 5:59 pm

Last night we had various roasted vegetables that included fresh cut purple passion asparagus. It's the only thing I can harvest right now.
llama momma
llama momma

Certified SFG Instructor

Back to top Go down

Post  yolos 4/20/2015, 6:08 pm

From last years harvest - Pink Eye Purple Hull peas and Silver Queen corn on the cob.
yolos
yolos

Female Posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  CapeCoddess 6/16/2015, 4:26 pm

Collard green & strawberry smoothie for breakfast today! What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 7 00211

Plus sugar snap & snow peas for snacking.
What a Face
CC
CapeCoddess
CapeCoddess

Back to top Go down

Post  NAR56 6/16/2015, 4:42 pm

I picked Tomatoes, Cucumbers, and Pole Beans yesterday. The Pole Beans have been growing like crazy lately. I guess they like all the rain and humidity we have been getting lately.

What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 7 Pole_b10

Ryan
NAR56
NAR56

Back to top Go down

Post  llama momma 6/16/2015, 4:59 pm

Just picked the last of the snow peas.  Been picking dill leaves from volunteers and the older volunteers have new flowering heads.  Picked a few blueberries.  Strawberries done, just a couple here and there. I wish the rain would stop!  All 125 garlic scapes picked and now things should be drying down over the next few weeks.  Please cooperate with me  Mother Nature!
llama momma
llama momma

Certified SFG Instructor

Back to top Go down

Post  donnainzone5 6/16/2015, 5:01 pm

For lunch today, I had nearly the last of the spinach, along with the requisite protein sources and some fruit.

Dinner will feature asparagus from the garden, to accompany fresh salmon.  I'll probably add some yellow crook-neck squash from the freezer with some fresh thyme. And I'm about to snip some lettuce and Asian greens for a salad.
donnainzone5
donnainzone5

Certified SFG Instructor

Female Posts : 2662

http://www.amway.com/DonnaKBecker

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next