Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
Western Mountains and High Plains: What's Your Weather Like? - Page 5 Toplef10Western Mountains and High Plains: What's Your Weather Like? - Page 5 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

Western Mountains and High Plains: What's Your Weather Like? - Page 5 I22gcj10Western Mountains and High Plains: What's Your Weather Like? - Page 5 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
Western Mountains and High Plains: What's Your Weather Like? - Page 5 Toplef10Western Mountains and High Plains: What's Your Weather Like? - Page 5 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

Western Mountains and High Plains: What's Your Weather Like? - Page 5 I22gcj10Western Mountains and High Plains: What's Your Weather Like? - Page 5 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» New to SFG in Arlington, Tx
by sanderson Today at 3:13 pm

» Soil Blocks: Tutorial In Photos
by OhioGardener Yesterday at 5:20 pm

» Manure tea overwintered outside - is it safe to use?
by Mhpoole 4/24/2024, 7:08 pm

» Advice on my blend
by donnainzone5 4/24/2024, 12:13 pm

» Senseless Banter...
by OhioGardener 4/24/2024, 8:16 am

» Rhubarb Rhubarb
by sanderson 4/23/2024, 8:52 pm

» What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today
by OhioGardener 4/23/2024, 1:53 pm

» What do I do with tomato plants?
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 4/23/2024, 1:36 am

» N & C Midwest: March and April 2024
by Scorpio Rising 4/22/2024, 4:57 pm

» Kiwi's SFG Adventure
by sanderson 4/22/2024, 2:07 pm

» Sacrificial Tomatoes
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 4/22/2024, 10:36 am

» From the Admin - 4th EDITION of All New Square Foot Gardening is in Progress
by sanderson 4/21/2024, 5:02 pm

» Seedling Identification
by AuntieBeth 4/21/2024, 8:00 am

» Happy Birthday!!
by AtlantaMarie 4/21/2024, 6:56 am

» Three Sisters Thursday
by sanderson 4/20/2024, 5:25 pm

» Recommended store bought compost - Photos of composts
by sanderson 4/20/2024, 3:08 pm

» Compost not hot
by Guinevere 4/19/2024, 11:19 am

» Maybe a silly question but...
by sanderson 4/18/2024, 11:22 pm

» Hi from zone 10B--southern orange county, ca
by sanderson 4/18/2024, 12:25 am

» Asparagus
by OhioGardener 4/17/2024, 6:17 pm

» problems with SFG forum site
by OhioGardener 4/16/2024, 8:04 am

» Strawberries per square foot.
by sanderson 4/16/2024, 4:22 am

» What are you eating from your garden today?
by sanderson 4/16/2024, 4:15 am

» April is Kids Gardening Month!
by sanderson 4/15/2024, 2:37 pm

» Creating A Potager Garden
by sanderson 4/15/2024, 2:33 pm

» Butter Beans????
by OhioGardener 4/13/2024, 5:50 pm

» Companion planting
by sanderson 4/13/2024, 4:24 pm

» First timer in Central Virginia (7b) - newly built beds 2024
by sanderson 4/13/2024, 4:16 pm

» California's Drought
by sanderson 4/10/2024, 1:43 pm

» Anyone Using Agribon Row Cover To Extend The Growing Season?
by sanderson 4/8/2024, 10:28 pm

Google

Search SFG Forum

Western Mountains and High Plains: What's Your Weather Like?

+19
JocyMc
plantoid
donnainzone5
johnp
Lillyz
efirvin
Triciasgarden
llama momma
mschaef
yolos
camprn
landarch
ryan
walshevak
Turan
Goosegirl
msmare
cheyannarach
RoOsTeR
23 posters

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Western Mountains and High Plains: What's Your Weather Like? - Page 5 Empty Re: Western Mountains and High Plains: What's Your Weather Like?

Post  donnainzone5 4/10/2013, 10:22 pm

When weather and/or climate are cooling, things tend to be drier.
donnainzone5
donnainzone5

Certified SFG Instructor

Female Posts : 2662

http://www.amway.com/DonnaKBecker

Back to top Go down

Western Mountains and High Plains: What's Your Weather Like? - Page 5 Empty Re: Western Mountains and High Plains: What's Your Weather Like?

Post  RoOsTeR 4/15/2013, 10:33 am

I left Loveland about 530 this morning to about an inch and a half of snow. Working up in Ft Collins, we are literally getting hammered. I'm looking at about 4 inches just since I got herea couple of hours ago! It's coming down affraid

Western Mountains and High Plains: What's Your Weather Like? - Page 5 Logo-111
I am my gardens worst enemy.
RoOsTeR
RoOsTeR

Male Posts : 4316

Back to top Go down

Post  donnainzone5 4/15/2013, 11:22 am

Light snow here in Bend, with a covering on the ground.

Apparently, my new garden belongs in the Western Mountains and High Plains forum. This city specifically is listed as belonging in that area.

May I still post as an honorary PNW member?
donnainzone5
donnainzone5

Certified SFG Instructor

Back to top Go down

Post  cheyannarach 4/16/2013, 12:49 pm

Glad they are coming up for you GG! Happy to share!

Donnainzone10, no way Jose, you are strictly limited to posting here from now on Western Mountains and High Plains: What's Your Weather Like? - Page 5 950477 ..... Wink Just kidding!

Rooster, I think you sent it my way now, started snowing this morning and are supposed to get around a foot!
cheyannarach
cheyannarach

Female Posts : 2037

Back to top Go down

Post  Goosegirl 4/16/2013, 1:05 pm

cheyannarach wrote:Rooster, I think you sent it my way now, started snowing this morning and are supposed to get around a foot!

And then you are sending it on to me! 6-10" possible tomorrow.

lots o
Goosegirl
Goosegirl

Female Posts : 3435

Back to top Go down

Post  donnainzone5 4/16/2013, 1:07 pm

After yesterday's 1" of snow melted, we had quite a hailstorm, albeit with small hailstones. It was enough to whiten the ground again.

Then, the hail turned to snow. There was about 3/4" on the ground this morning.

Perhaps it's a good thing I haven't yet planted my asparagus or potatoes. However, I MUST get those carrots in the MM by tomorrow, or else!
donnainzone5
donnainzone5

Certified SFG Instructor

Back to top Go down

Post  cheyannarach 4/16/2013, 1:25 pm

Goosegirl wrote:
cheyannarach wrote:Rooster, I think you sent it my way now, started snowing this morning and are supposed to get around a foot!

And then you are sending it on to me! 6-10" possible tomorrow.

lots o

Well you know what they say April "showers" bring may flowers!

Hail makes me cringe, it's like a four letter word to me! I just got my german butterball seed taters today and my asparagus has been shipped so I don't know how it's going to work out with all this snow to get my mounds tilled up and ready to plant!
cheyannarach
cheyannarach

Back to top Go down

Post  donnainzone5 4/16/2013, 1:44 pm

Then what does April snow bring? Could this portend another year without summer?
donnainzone5
donnainzone5

Certified SFG Instructor

Back to top Go down

Post  cheyannarach 4/16/2013, 1:50 pm

Summer better come!! Here we usually have May Showers and June flowers! I can't wait to get to play in the dirt everyday!!
cheyannarach
cheyannarach

Back to top Go down

Post  donnainzone5 4/16/2013, 1:58 pm

In 1816, a huge volcanic eruption, coupled with a solar (Dalton) minimum, resulted in The Year Without Summer. From what I understand, we're approaching a solar maximum, although it is expected to be somewhat a "mini-maximum." Solar cycles do play a role in climate. If I remember correctly, solar activity is supposed to drop off soon.

Lest we not forget, the Greenland ice melt seems to affecting the Atlantic currents, as well, the ones that typically warm Europe.
donnainzone5
donnainzone5

Certified SFG Instructor

Back to top Go down

Post  cheyannarach 4/16/2013, 2:02 pm

Wow! That's crazy, where was the volcano? What's solar minimum and solar maximum?
cheyannarach
cheyannarach

Back to top Go down

Post  donnainzone5 4/16/2013, 2:25 pm

The 1816 eruption was of Mt. Tambora in the Dutch East Indies

Solar maxima and minima refer to sunspot activity. Some solar minima (e.g., Maunder and Dalton Minima) are associated with colder climate and/or mini-ice ages.

donnainzone5
donnainzone5

Certified SFG Instructor

Back to top Go down

Western Mountains and High Plains: What's Your Weather Like? - Page 5 Empty Re Western Mountains Mountains and High Plains: Whats Your Weather Like??

Post  Lillyz 4/16/2013, 9:27 pm

we have had high winds since yesterday. They closed I-25 for a little while because of the dust (all that topsoil blowing away). The state patrol led some of the traffic through it. Really hazy, reminds of the ash from the forest fires last summer, but the weather man has been predicting snow/rain. We really need the moisture, in any form.

Supposed to be meteor showers if its clear. http://earthsky.org/astronomy-essentials/everything-you-need-to-know-lyrid-meteor-shower

Lillyz
Lillyz

Female Posts : 128

Back to top Go down

Post  cheyannarach 4/17/2013, 4:41 am

Thanks Donna! I love learning! I am hoping that never happens again. Is it bad that I am a closet Doomsday prepper waiting for Yellowstone to blow....
cheyannarach
cheyannarach

Back to top Go down

Post  RoOsTeR 4/17/2013, 7:19 am

Lillyz, sorry you haven't been getting any of this site down south. Its a little later than I like, but I'll take moisture however we can get it at this point.

RoOsTeR
RoOsTeR

Back to top Go down

Post  plantoid 4/17/2013, 7:45 am

donnainzone10 wrote:Then what does April snow bring? Could this portend another year without summer?

The overcoat & thermals back out the wardrobe . Wink
plantoid
plantoid

Male Posts : 4096

Back to top Go down

Post  RoOsTeR 4/17/2013, 7:49 am

plantoid wrote:
donnainzone10 wrote:Then what does April snow bring? Could this portend another year without summer?

Lol. +1! Western Mountains and High Plains: What's Your Weather Like? - Page 5 3170584802

RoOsTeR
RoOsTeR

Back to top Go down

Post  cheyannarach 4/17/2013, 11:09 am

RoOsTeR wrote:
plantoid wrote:

Lol. +1! Western Mountains and High Plains: What's Your Weather Like? - Page 5 3170584802

Sooooo True!! Razz
cheyannarach
cheyannarach

Back to top Go down

Post  Triciasgarden 4/17/2013, 3:28 pm

We are supposed to have a hard freeze tonight. It is cold right now but sunny most of the time. I have a bed of potatoes planted (about four days ago) and covered with weed cloth as a quick hopeful deterrent to the ferrel cats until I get something else set up. I am thinking that I will have to cover the potatoes with an additional sheet or blanket. I have a bed of lettuces, spinach, onions, beets, radishes and peas planted and I think I have to cover those tonight also. I have two grandkids spending 11 days with me and I sure am kept too busy. They are very good but I am not sleeping good because of pain, which doesn't help. Thankfully one son still lives with me and helps quite a bit when he is home.
Triciasgarden
Triciasgarden

Female Posts : 1634

Back to top Go down

Western Mountains and High Plains: What's Your Weather Like? - Page 5 Empty Re Western Mountains Mountains and High Plains: Whats Your Weather Like??

Post  Lillyz 4/17/2013, 8:09 pm

Yay!!! We have been getting rain mixed with snow almost all day. This is the most moisture Ive seen this winter. Thank you Lord!!
Lillyz
Lillyz

Female Posts : 128

Back to top Go down

Post  RoOsTeR 4/17/2013, 8:24 pm

Good to hear Lillyz Western Mountains and High Plains: What's Your Weather Like? - Page 5 3170584802 I'm happy you're getting some moisture down there too

RoOsTeR
RoOsTeR

Back to top Go down

Post  Turan 4/20/2013, 10:56 pm

These storms has brought our snow pack up into the 90% range. Its weird though, I have not had any mud this spring.

Today was supposed to be rain and wind all day but it was actually pretty nice out. Tomorrow is supposed to be cold and lots of snow again. We will see....

Find more about Weather in Belgrade, MT
Click for weather forecast
Turan
Turan

Female Posts : 2620

Back to top Go down

Post  RoOsTeR 4/21/2013, 10:25 pm

You guys ready for more snow here along the front range? They're calling for another round of 6-12" Monday into Tuesday What a Face

RoOsTeR
RoOsTeR

Back to top Go down

Post  donnainzone5 4/21/2013, 11:19 pm

Has anything like this happened before? It's nearly May.

I heard a rumor from a neighbor today that the temp is supposed to reach 18F tonight. Of course, the weather websites are saying high 20s to low 30s.... Who knows?
donnainzone5
donnainzone5

Certified SFG Instructor

Back to top Go down

Post  Turan 4/21/2013, 11:45 pm

It was been snowing a smattering all day and is supposed to get more serious tomorrow. Tomorrow tonight we are looking at a low of 10. I hope those asparagus roots are covered enough.

Yes, donna, this is within the realm of normal for April and May. Last year was strange with its early warmth and then deep late cold.

Find more about Weather in Belgrade, MT
Click for weather forecast
Turan
Turan

Female Posts : 2620

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next