Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
Western Mountains and High Plains: What's Your Weather Like? - Page 7 Toplef10Western Mountains and High Plains: What's Your Weather Like? - Page 7 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

Western Mountains and High Plains: What's Your Weather Like? - Page 7 I22gcj10Western Mountains and High Plains: What's Your Weather Like? - Page 7 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
Western Mountains and High Plains: What's Your Weather Like? - Page 7 Toplef10Western Mountains and High Plains: What's Your Weather Like? - Page 7 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

Western Mountains and High Plains: What's Your Weather Like? - Page 7 I22gcj10Western Mountains and High Plains: What's Your Weather Like? - Page 7 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Onions. Walk on?
by sanderson Today at 6:02 pm

» Bokashi
by OhioGardener Today at 8:13 am

» New to SFG and in Virgina
by sanderson Today at 1:38 am

» Compost bins: Open vs. closed
by Scorpio Rising Yesterday at 10:38 am

» Recommended store bought compost - Photos of composts
by sanderson 3/26/2024, 5:56 pm

» 6 metal trellis frames
by docachna 3/25/2024, 4:31 pm

» N & C Midwest: March and April 2024
by Scorpio Rising 3/24/2024, 3:01 pm

» What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today
by OhioGardener 3/24/2024, 1:28 pm

» Senseless Banter...
by OhioGardener 3/23/2024, 6:02 pm

» Joann's fabric bankruptcy
by neefer 3/23/2024, 12:33 am

» New gardener from Santa Fe NM
by CantersVary 3/22/2024, 7:50 pm

» Kiwi's SFG Adventure
by KiwiSFGnewbie 3/22/2024, 5:07 pm

» Heat Mat Temperature Test
by OhioGardener 3/22/2024, 2:09 pm

» Victory Garden Reboot
by Scorpio Rising 3/22/2024, 11:53 am

» Mark's first SFG
by sanderson 3/22/2024, 11:43 am

» Commercial (bagged or bulk) compost question
by Mikesgardn 3/21/2024, 7:09 pm

» Think Spring 2024
by Scorpio Rising 3/20/2024, 10:34 am

» Fire Ring / Round Raised Bed Planter
by sanderson 3/19/2024, 4:51 pm

» Galvanized Fire Ring for Rhubarb Raised Beds?
by OhioGardener 3/18/2024, 10:34 am

» Happy St. Patrick's Day
by Scorpio Rising 3/17/2024, 5:54 pm

» Happy Birthday!!
by Scorpio Rising 3/11/2024, 10:28 am

» What are you eating from your garden today?
by Scorpio Rising 3/10/2024, 8:38 pm

» Why I love Oregano in the garden.
by OhioGardener 3/10/2024, 8:16 am

» Comfrey
by OhioGardener 3/9/2024, 6:07 pm

» Sealing Barrels Flowers Struggling-Need Ideas
by Turan 3/9/2024, 3:09 pm

» Hello again from a slightly different part of Central PA!
by sanderson 3/9/2024, 1:46 pm

» Chicken manure compost
by Oopsiedaisy 3/8/2024, 7:56 pm

» Chinese Broccoli
by sanderson 3/7/2024, 10:28 pm

» Heat Mat Lifespan
by Scorpio Rising 3/7/2024, 9:33 am

» Now is The Time To Take Seed Inventory
by OhioGardener 3/6/2024, 4:36 pm

Google

Search SFG Forum

Western Mountains and High Plains: What's Your Weather Like?

+19
JocyMc
plantoid
donnainzone5
johnp
Lillyz
efirvin
Triciasgarden
llama momma
mschaef
yolos
camprn
landarch
ryan
walshevak
Turan
Goosegirl
msmare
cheyannarach
RoOsTeR
23 posters

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Western Mountains and High Plains: What's Your Weather Like? - Page 7 Empty Re: Western Mountains and High Plains: What's Your Weather Like?

Post  mschaef 5/9/2013, 4:34 pm

I live in the upper part of this area and we had been having wonderful weather up in the 70's. Really wish I could get out in the garden but the community garden doesn't open for another week...man thats a long time Sad .
mschaef
mschaef

Female Posts : 598

Back to top Go down

Western Mountains and High Plains: What's Your Weather Like? - Page 7 Empty Re: Western Mountains and High Plains: What's Your Weather Like?

Post  Triciasgarden 5/9/2013, 6:44 pm

That is a long time to wait mschaef! Can you sneak in under the fence? rofl
Triciasgarden
Triciasgarden

Female Posts : 1634

Back to top Go down

Post  cheyannarach 5/10/2013, 11:30 am

funny post

SNEAK in!! Love it!!

I think it's finally spring in the hills, it's always nice when the snow turns into rain! My peas came up and still waiting on the rest!!
cheyannarach
cheyannarach

Female Posts : 2037

Back to top Go down

Post  mschaef 5/10/2013, 2:28 pm

Thats a great thought but since its on a military base I pretty sure sneaking under any fence here would be very bad news. Evil or Very Mad They tend to frown on things like that.
mschaef
mschaef

Back to top Go down

Post  Lillyz 5/14/2013, 6:54 pm

wow, was it just about 2 weeks ago that it was snowing? High so far is 85. Decided on shopping therapy instead of working in the garden today. Will get around to watering the veggie garden as soon as the shade hits that part of the yard.
Lillyz
Lillyz

Female Posts : 128

Back to top Go down

Post  Triciasgarden 5/14/2013, 7:51 pm

92 degrees yesterday, 85 today! I was sure enjoying the weather in the 70s. It is supposed to be cooling down day by day and we should get some rain by the weekend, hopefully.
Triciasgarden
Triciasgarden

Back to top Go down

Post  RoOsTeR 5/14/2013, 10:18 pm

Lol. Yeah, I'm not really sure what happened to spring. It went from winter to summer in a matter of days. What a Face We too are supposed to get back down to some cooler temps, thank goodness! There was no acclimating period at all. affraid

Western Mountains and High Plains: What's Your Weather Like? - Page 7 Logo-111
I am my gardens worst enemy.
RoOsTeR
RoOsTeR

Male Posts : 4316

Back to top Go down

Post  Turan 5/14/2013, 10:35 pm

It has been in the 80s last few days. Yesterday the wind howled. It blew apart my greenhouse kit. We had gotten it half built and then put cross ropes and ties and bracing to hold it. It made it through 12 hours and then went pluey.
Today was gorgeous. I stayed home from work today(because the machinery broke yesterday and we are waiting for parts. Monday sucked). My boys and I rebuilt the greenhouse and put a wooden frame that is screwed into the aluminum frame in key points. It still needs a roof, but the ridge pole is in. I hope the wind keeps it down to a low roar tonight.

Find more about Weather in Belgrade, MT
Click for weather forecast
Turan
Turan

Female Posts : 2616

Back to top Go down

Post  Lillyz 5/14/2013, 11:20 pm

Turan,

I think you sent the wind here. It started howling about 20 minutes ago.

Lilly
Lillyz
Lillyz

Back to top Go down

Post  Turan 5/14/2013, 11:32 pm

Sorry..... Sad

Find more about Weather in Belgrade, MT
Click for weather forecast
Turan
Turan

Female Posts : 2616

Back to top Go down

Western Mountains and High Plains: What's Your Weather Like? - Page 7 Empty today's weather

Post  Sweetmama 5/14/2013, 11:43 pm

Hot here in western Nebraska! 93 today!

Sweet Mama Smile
Sweetmama
Sweetmama

Female Posts : 35

Back to top Go down

Post  Lillyz 5/23/2013, 9:05 pm

Been in the mid 70s to low 80s all week. This is my kind of weather!!
Lillyz
Lillyz

Back to top Go down

Post  RoOsTeR 5/23/2013, 9:14 pm

We were fairly chilly today. The days have been nice, but the night time temps have been dipping into the lower 40's the last few nights. I love these temperatures and this time of year, but I have plants that need to go out to the garden like right now!!! We are supposed to be warming up a bit after today. We've also had some wind.... Embarassed

RoOsTeR
RoOsTeR

Back to top Go down

Post  Triciasgarden 5/23/2013, 11:42 pm

Same here Rooster! I am liking the cooler weather because I have so much to do outside still.
Triciasgarden
Triciasgarden

Back to top Go down

Post  JocyMc 5/30/2013, 2:03 pm

It's supposed to get in the high 60's today and get warmer into the weekend. We have a wind advisory for this afternoon. 20 to 40 mph winds. I'm putting the netting back around the boxes. I'll keep them open at the top so it doesn't get to hot but the tender plants need to be protected from the wind.
JocyMc
JocyMc

Female Posts : 17

Back to top Go down

Post  RoOsTeR 6/1/2013, 10:51 am

Ugh, WIND!!! We've had high winds for 3 days now and everything I've got outside is taking a beating. I had some tomato plants waiting to be planted outside hardening off. I don't know if they'll make it or not. GO AWAY WIND Evil or Very Mad

RoOsTeR
RoOsTeR

Back to top Go down

Post  mschaef 6/2/2013, 5:40 pm

I think that the sun might actually make it out this week. It has been raining and icky out for way too long that my pepper and tomatoes look like they are going to croak sunny come visit and stay a while please, pretty please with a cherry on top.
mschaef
mschaef

Back to top Go down

Post  Triciasgarden 6/3/2013, 11:32 am

Rooster, I hope your wind has gone away by now and your tomatoes will make it!

Mschaef, I hope you get your sun and it stays! Grow tomatoes and peppers! Your little guy in your Avatar is so cute!

We have had beautiful weather and I still don't have all of my transplants out in my beds. I have been amending beds since they are the way old way of making MM and trying to get my compost to finish up. One may be ready by this week!?
Triciasgarden
Triciasgarden

Back to top Go down

Post  donnainzone5 6/3/2013, 11:37 am

We had a light frost last night, which wasn't predicted. Highs today should be between 75 and 79F.

I think I'll start keeping a chart, including predicted and actual temps for Accuweather, Wunderground, NOAA, Weather Channel's Farm Forecast, home, and actual, just to compare accuracy.
donnainzone5
donnainzone5

Certified SFG Instructor

Female Posts : 2660

http://www.amway.com/DonnaKBecker

Back to top Go down

Post  Triciasgarden 6/3/2013, 11:49 am

Donna you sure are ambitious! I hope your garden did ok with the light frost.
Triciasgarden
Triciasgarden

Back to top Go down

Post  donnainzone5 6/3/2013, 12:22 pm

How does one reconcile ambitious with lazy?

Anyway, I just checked the garden. There are no further asparagus shoots yet, but the potatoes seem to have survived. I don't yet have anything in that isn't pretty hardy.

However, I do want to finish my last two SFG beds this week and get those tomatoes, corn, beans, and squash in! Not to mention a few other things....
donnainzone5
donnainzone5

Certified SFG Instructor

Female Posts : 2660

http://www.amway.com/DonnaKBecker

Back to top Go down

Post  cheyannarach 6/3/2013, 1:02 pm

We just got back from a camping trip and the last two days we were stuck in the cabin! It was too windy to do anything, ugh! It was still fun though, instead of the kids getting to swim they got to play in the showers, lol, I am just lucky they are young enough for that to work as entertainment! But we caught some walleye and catfish before the wind set in!
cheyannarach
cheyannarach

Female Posts : 2037

Back to top Go down

Post  mschaef 6/3/2013, 1:14 pm

sunny He didn't stick around starting raining again yesterday evening. Still raining this morning and boy did it get cold. I thought rain coat would be good but my kids were freezing and wished I had let them bring the winter coats on the errands. Dang weather!!!!!!!
mschaef
mschaef

Back to top Go down

Post  JocyMc 6/3/2013, 3:38 pm

sunny has been visiting for the past few days and the winds finally died down. it was a little chilly this morning but in the 50's. I foolishly left my coat at home. Half way to work I was really missing it.
JocyMc
JocyMc

Back to top Go down

Post  JocyMc 6/6/2013, 2:47 pm

We've had beautiful days in the high 70's for the past few days. Nights have been equally as nice. I finally took the netting off my boxes and everything is looking healthy. I picked my first radish yesterday and today I'm planning on having some of the red and leaf lettuce for dinner.
JocyMc
JocyMc

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next