Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
doin' the "happy about rabbit poop" dance Toplef10doin' the "happy about rabbit poop" dance 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

doin' the "happy about rabbit poop" dance I22gcj10doin' the "happy about rabbit poop" dance 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
doin' the "happy about rabbit poop" dance Toplef10doin' the "happy about rabbit poop" dance 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

doin' the "happy about rabbit poop" dance I22gcj10doin' the "happy about rabbit poop" dance 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Ohio Gardener's Greenhouse
by OhioGardener Today at 3:36 pm

» N & C Midwest—May 2024
by OhioGardener Today at 3:16 pm

» Greetings from Southport NC
by sanderson Today at 4:36 am

» In the news: Biosolids in Texas.
by sanderson Today at 4:19 am

» Rhubarb Rhubarb
by Scorpio Rising Yesterday at 7:57 pm

» What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today
by Scorpio Rising Yesterday at 7:55 pm

» Complicated mixed up bunny poop!
by jemm Yesterday at 7:24 pm

» Mark's first SFG
by markqz 5/4/2024, 12:08 am

» question about the digital tools from the sfg site.
by OhioGardener 5/2/2024, 4:50 pm

» Assistance Needed: Sugar Snap Peas Yellowing and Wilting
by Scorpio Rising 5/1/2024, 8:24 pm

» OMG, GMO from an unexpected place.
by sanderson 5/1/2024, 1:57 am

» N & C Midwest: March and April 2024
by Scorpio Rising 4/29/2024, 1:30 pm

» Lovage, has anyone grown, or used
by OhioGardener 4/29/2024, 12:27 pm

» New to SFG in Arlington, Tx
by sanderson 4/26/2024, 3:13 pm

» Soil Blocks: Tutorial In Photos
by OhioGardener 4/25/2024, 5:20 pm

» Manure tea overwintered outside - is it safe to use?
by Mhpoole 4/24/2024, 7:08 pm

» Advice on my blend
by donnainzone5 4/24/2024, 12:13 pm

» Senseless Banter...
by OhioGardener 4/24/2024, 8:16 am

» What do I do with tomato plants?
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 4/23/2024, 1:36 am

» Kiwi's SFG Adventure
by sanderson 4/22/2024, 2:07 pm

» Sacrificial Tomatoes
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 4/22/2024, 10:36 am

» From the Admin - 4th EDITION of All New Square Foot Gardening is in Progress
by sanderson 4/21/2024, 5:02 pm

» Seedling Identification
by AuntieBeth 4/21/2024, 8:00 am

» Happy Birthday!!
by AtlantaMarie 4/21/2024, 6:56 am

» Three Sisters Thursday
by sanderson 4/20/2024, 5:25 pm

» Recommended store bought compost - Photos of composts
by sanderson 4/20/2024, 3:08 pm

» Compost not hot
by Guinevere 4/19/2024, 11:19 am

» Maybe a silly question but...
by sanderson 4/18/2024, 11:22 pm

» Hi from zone 10B--southern orange county, ca
by sanderson 4/18/2024, 12:25 am

» Asparagus
by OhioGardener 4/17/2024, 6:17 pm

Google

Search SFG Forum

doin' the "happy about rabbit poop" dance

+4
lonewolfrissy
Lindacol
Lavender Debs
curio
8 posters

Go down

doin' the "happy about rabbit poop" dance Empty doin' the "happy about rabbit poop" dance

Post  curio 3/2/2012, 9:03 am

I found a way to put the word out asking for various kinds of manure, and it has paid off already! bounce

I put a post on the Yahoo group Olyreusables (used to be Freecycle) asking for rabbit droppings or composted/semi composted horse or goat manure.
So far I have two sources of rabbit droppings lined up... for all I want FREE! cheers

I suggest that if you haven't already, check out "Freecycle" for your area. I've used it a lot for giving away items we no longer need or extra plants from landscaping design changes or divisions, but hadn't thought about using it for this sort of thing before.

I'm still looking for the horse or goat stuff, but feel confident I'll find it somewhere someday.
curio
curio

Location : Maritime Pacific Northwest zone 8A/B with ugly heat scale

Back to top Go down

doin' the "happy about rabbit poop" dance Empty Re: doin' the "happy about rabbit poop" dance

Post  Lavender Debs 3/2/2012, 9:15 am

Great, simple tip Jan. I've never used freecycle before, didn't want more stuff, but this sounds awesome. (who but gardeners think this way? In some circles it is considered sick..but me? I like getting bags of dirt and poo for valentines day)
Lavender Debs
Lavender Debs

http://songs-of-coming-rain.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

doin' the "happy about rabbit poop" dance Empty valentines and other gifts

Post  curio 3/2/2012, 9:19 am

I've gotten 10 yards of bark for Valentines Day and 10 yards of compost/topsoil mix for Mother's Day on more than one occasion. Birthday and Christmas are peppered with gift cards to Home Depot, with Christmas always bringing two tickets to the Seattle Garden show.
I LOVE useful gifts... and for someone who isn't "into" the latest fashion, it's nice when people take the time to think about what the person REALLY wants.
curio
curio

Back to top Go down

doin' the "happy about rabbit poop" dance Empty Re: doin' the "happy about rabbit poop" dance

Post  Lindacol 3/2/2012, 11:30 am

Around here Craigslist is better than Freecycle. I've scored lots of good stuff there ranging from free to very low prices.
For the garden I got security screen doors to use as bases for my beds , 3 heavy ones for $50 total, a bunch of bags of peat, worm castings & vermiculite for $50( worth about $100), a large metal wagon(practically brand new) for $20. Last month I scored free cow manure, partially composted and I am in that area monthy so will carry a shovel & bags to pick up some each time. There are nearly always listings for free horse and goat manure but I have my own goat manure factories and have friends with horses.
Lindacol
Lindacol

Back to top Go down

doin' the "happy about rabbit poop" dance Empty Good idea!

Post  lonewolfrissy 3/2/2012, 4:26 pm

We have a pennysaver that comes in and there's always free horse manure. I can't wait to get stuff together to get my garden going!
lonewolfrissy
lonewolfrissy

Female Posts : 150

Back to top Go down

Post  TN_GARDENER 3/2/2012, 5:56 pm

I saw a posting on CL this week from a guy offering free chicken manure. Said he was cleaning out his coop and you could also have the bedding material.

Horse manure is often listed. Lots of folks would love you to haul it all, but I had great luck with getting just what I needed.

I suspect all it might take is a simple "looking for manure" on these sites to get the phone ringing.
TN_GARDENER

Back to top Go down

doin' the "happy about rabbit poop" dance Empty SCORE!!!

Post  curio 3/2/2012, 6:27 pm

I'm really stoked right now. The gal with the rabbit manure also has chickens and is going to save the bedding/manure from their chicken shed for me.
AND... someone else with a rib injury is willing to trade rabbit and alpaca manure to someone for raking leaves for her own compost bin. I'll rake leaves for alpaca manure... you betcha!! bounce
curio
curio

Back to top Go down

Post  TejasTerry 3/2/2012, 9:22 pm

curio wrote:I'm really stoked right now. The gal with the rabbit manure also has chickens and is going to save the bedding/manure from their chicken shed for me.
AND... someone else with a rib injury is willing to trade rabbit and alpaca manure to someone for raking leaves for her own compost bin. I'll rake leaves for alpaca manure... you betcha!! bounce

Thats cool.You could stand out on a street corner in a big city with a sign that says " I'll rake leaves for allpaca manure"...lol J/k

I found llama and rabbit poo on CL. The guy was gonna sell me the llama poo, but then after talking to him for a while, he ended up giving it to me for free. Bunny poo was free and an on-going source if I need it. Told her I'd bring some tomatoes when they were ready.
TejasTerry
TejasTerry

Female Posts : 160

Back to top Go down

doin' the "happy about rabbit poop" dance Empty For Rabbit manure. Contact me.

Post  BristolJen 6/9/2012, 7:21 pm

I keep quite a few rabbits so always have compost. Contact me if you would like some in the Bristol area.
x
BristolJen
BristolJen

Back to top Go down

Post  subsonic 6/9/2012, 7:52 pm

BristolJen wrote:I keep quite a few rabbits so always have compost. Contact me if you would like some in the Bristol area.
x
compost? I apply it direct it does not burn and is the best fertilizer I have ever used
I do the dance, yea
subsonic
subsonic

Male Posts : 66

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down