Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
Its avatars, not posting that's the issue Toplef10Its avatars, not posting that's the issue 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

Its avatars, not posting that's the issue I22gcj10Its avatars, not posting that's the issue 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
Its avatars, not posting that's the issue Toplef10Its avatars, not posting that's the issue 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

Its avatars, not posting that's the issue I22gcj10Its avatars, not posting that's the issue 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» What are you eating from your garden today?
by OhioGardener Today at 4:44 pm

» Spring Flowers
by sanderson Today at 4:12 pm

» What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today
by sanderson Today at 4:10 pm

» What do I do with tomato plants?
by SMEDLEY BUTLER Yesterday at 8:53 pm

» N & C Midwest—May 2024
by OhioGardener Yesterday at 7:14 pm

» Ohio Gardener's Greenhouse
by OhioGardener Yesterday at 7:02 pm

» Compost not hot
by OhioGardener 5/17/2024, 8:05 am

» First timer in Central Virginia (7b) - newly built beds 2024
by flossy21 5/16/2024, 5:34 pm

» Help me correct my mistakes for next year please
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 5/16/2024, 4:46 pm

» Cabbage worms
by sanderson 5/16/2024, 1:34 am

» Complicated mixed up bunny poop!
by plantoid 5/14/2024, 7:20 pm

» They don't call 'em garden BEDS for nothing.
by sanderson 5/12/2024, 2:34 am

» Birds of the Garden
by OhioGardener 5/7/2024, 8:26 pm

» Greetings from Southport NC
by sanderson 5/6/2024, 4:36 am

» In the news: Biosolids in Texas.
by sanderson 5/6/2024, 4:19 am

» Rhubarb Rhubarb
by Scorpio Rising 5/5/2024, 7:57 pm

» Mark's first SFG
by markqz 5/4/2024, 12:08 am

» question about the digital tools from the sfg site.
by OhioGardener 5/2/2024, 4:50 pm

» Assistance Needed: Sugar Snap Peas Yellowing and Wilting
by Scorpio Rising 5/1/2024, 8:24 pm

» OMG, GMO from an unexpected place.
by sanderson 5/1/2024, 1:57 am

» N & C Midwest: March and April 2024
by Scorpio Rising 4/29/2024, 1:30 pm

» Lovage, has anyone grown, or used
by OhioGardener 4/29/2024, 12:27 pm

» New to SFG in Arlington, Tx
by sanderson 4/26/2024, 3:13 pm

» Soil Blocks: Tutorial In Photos
by OhioGardener 4/25/2024, 5:20 pm

» Manure tea overwintered outside - is it safe to use?
by Mhpoole 4/24/2024, 7:08 pm

» Advice on my blend
by donnainzone5 4/24/2024, 12:13 pm

» Senseless Banter...
by OhioGardener 4/24/2024, 8:16 am

» Kiwi's SFG Adventure
by sanderson 4/22/2024, 2:07 pm

» Sacrificial Tomatoes
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 4/22/2024, 10:36 am

» From the Admin - 4th EDITION of All New Square Foot Gardening is in Progress
by sanderson 4/21/2024, 5:02 pm

Google

Search SFG Forum

Its avatars, not posting that's the issue

5 posters

Go down

Its avatars, not posting that's the issue Empty Its avatars, not posting that's the issue

Post  EatYourVeggies 1/10/2012, 12:36 pm

I need a tutorial and a practice area to change or add an avatar. This forum is kicking my booty Sad
EatYourVeggies
EatYourVeggies

Male Posts : 155

Back to top Go down

Its avatars, not posting that's the issue Empty Re: Its avatars, not posting that's the issue

Post  genes 1/10/2012, 12:40 pm

thinking

you cant see fred in the chair?
genes
genes

Back to top Go down

Its avatars, not posting that's the issue Empty Re: Its avatars, not posting that's the issue

Post  RoOsTeR 1/10/2012, 12:48 pm

You can practice all you want in your profile.

Its avatars, not posting that's the issue Logo-111
I am my gardens worst enemy.
RoOsTeR
RoOsTeR

Male Posts : 4316

Back to top Go down

Its avatars, not posting that's the issue Empty I tried and I tried....

Post  EatYourVeggies 1/10/2012, 1:36 pm

the only way I was finally able to get fred in my avatar was with help from boffer, who placed the picture for me. Everytime I tried, I would click on browse, find the avatar I want to use on my computer, click save there and then click save again in the forum/profile/avatar/window, but when I do, it clears the window, leaving no URL and no picture. I don't have any idea why, I've never had an issue with avatars before, on other forums and boffer was able to do it from that end....just weird, but I'm open to suggestions or links for a tutorial. If you're truly patient, even a step by step description/reply, but I'm affraid (don't be skeeeeer'd) to try again and end up with no avatar again. Sad
EatYourVeggies
EatYourVeggies

Back to top Go down

Post  Goosegirl 1/10/2012, 2:03 pm

EatYourVeggies wrote:the only way I was finally able to get fred in my avatar was with help from boffer, who placed the picture for me. .........If you're truly patient, even a step by step description/reply, but I'm affraid (don't be skeeeeer'd) to try again and end up with no avatar again. Sad

What I had to do was save my avatar as a picture on my computer and then when I hit Browse I chose my computer file and it worked.

GG/Mrs. Taz
Goosegirl
Goosegirl

Female Posts : 3435

Back to top Go down

Post  RoOsTeR 1/10/2012, 2:08 pm

Find the image on your computer. Click OPEN. It should then show the url just to the left of the browse button. Hit save and it should be a done deal. You can always use an image sharing site too like image shack or photobucket. And I saw you reference Doc Holiday in another thread...one of my all time favorite lines and movies Its avatars, not posting that's the issue 53366

RoOsTeR
RoOsTeR

Back to top Go down

Post  EatYourVeggies 1/10/2012, 2:15 pm

nKedrOoStEr wrote:Find the image on your computer. Click OPEN. It should then show the url just to the left of the browse button. Hit save and it should be a done deal. You can always use an image sharing site too like image shack or photobucket. And I saw you reference Doc Holiday in another thread...one of my all time favorite lines and movies Its avatars, not posting that's the issue 53366

So far, I've done everything mentioned by yourself and others as its the norm for loading an avatar on a forum, but I'm not having any luck. Just for kicks, in a few minutes I'm even going to delete all of my cookies and restart my computer.

As for the quote from Doc Holiday, Tombstone is one of my favorite movies as well. From the same movie, my all time favorite quote was from Wyatt Earp when he said, "Tell 'em I'm coming and I'm bringin' hell with me"
EatYourVeggies
EatYourVeggies

Back to top Go down

Post  RoOsTeR 1/10/2012, 2:19 pm

"Wyatt, you are an oak."

Very Happy

Sounds like you're covering the bases. Sometimes our software is just wonky too. Boffer probably still has your image and I can always get it too if need be. Either way, we can get it back on for you if you still have issues. Maybe try the image sharing option if you haven't already. My resources are somewhat limited here at work to be of much help now. I can't see smilies or avatars. I can look more into it this evening when home if need be.

RoOsTeR
RoOsTeR

Back to top Go down

Post  EatYourVeggies 1/10/2012, 2:35 pm

nKedrOoStEr wrote:"Wyatt, you are an oak."

Very Happy

Sounds like you're covering the bases. Sometimes our software is just wonky too. Boffer probably still has your image and I can always get it too if need be. Either way, we can get it back on for you if you still have issues. Maybe try the image sharing option if you haven't already. My resources are somewhat limited here at work to be of much help now. I can't see smilies or avatars. I can look more into it this evening when home if need be.

Thank you very much. I hate having anyone needing to hold my hand, especially on something this straight forward, but have now restarted my computer after dumping caches, cookies, etc. I'm going to try to change my avatar and if I crash and burn, may contact you later this evening as I really need to get onto another project, or two...or a hundred. Wink
EatYourVeggies
EatYourVeggies

Back to top Go down

Post  EatYourVeggies 1/10/2012, 2:50 pm

EatYourVeggies wrote:
nKedrOoStEr wrote:"Wyatt, you are an oak."

Very Happy

Thank you very much. I hate having anyone needing to hold my hand, especially on something this straight forward, but have now restarted my computer after dumping caches, cookies, etc. I'm going to try to change my avatar and if I crash and burn, may contact you later this evening as I really need to get onto another project, or two...or a hundred. Wink

Okay, tried again with the same result. Was going to delete my existing avatar again, but don't want to have nothing, so for now Fred stays. Let me ask this of Admins or anyone who might know...is it possible I'm not able to change or add an avatar due to only being on the forum for less than 24 hours? I received a note earlier, more of a warning really, as I attempted to send an e-mail thanking boffer for his help. It was in red font and toward the top of the page, stating something to the affect of, not able to send or download external links until after being a member for a week....just another thought?
EatYourVeggies
EatYourVeggies

Back to top Go down

Its avatars, not posting that's the issue Empty Okay.....Who's the wise guy?

Post  EatYourVeggies 1/10/2012, 5:41 pm

So frustrated, despite many kind folks advice, I took a break from trying to fix my avatar dilema and went on to another pressing issue (taking a nap). I log back in and decide to have another go at it, and its like there was never a problem. Shocked
Did an Administrator feel sorry for me and flip a switch or over ride something? What ever it was, thank you. Very Happy
EatYourVeggies
EatYourVeggies

Back to top Go down

Post  Lindacol 1/10/2012, 5:51 pm

EatYourVeggies wrote:
So frustrated, despite many kind folks advice, I took a break from trying to fix my avatar dilema and went on to another pressing issue (taking a nap). I log back in and decide to have another go at it, and its like there was never a problem. Shocked
Did an Administrator feel sorry for me and flip a switch or over ride something? What ever it was, thank you. Very Happy

So it your avatar supposed to be a white square with what looks like a 12 x 12 black grid on it? That is what I see? Just wondering.......
Lindacol
Lindacol

Back to top Go down

Post  EatYourVeggies 1/10/2012, 6:04 pm

Lindacol wrote:
EatYourVeggies wrote:

So it your avatar supposed to be a white square with what looks like a 12 x 12 black grid on it? That is what I see? Just wondering.......
Yes lindacol, it was one of several ideas or avatars I'm playing with and its a square foot on top of that Wink
EatYourVeggies
EatYourVeggies

Back to top Go down

Post  RoOsTeR 1/10/2012, 6:19 pm

Glad it's working for you Laughing

RoOsTeR
RoOsTeR

Back to top Go down

Post  EatYourVeggies 1/11/2012, 5:10 am

nKedrOoStEr wrote:Glad it's working for you Laughing

Me too and I appreciate the help and suggestions I received.
EatYourVeggies
EatYourVeggies

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down