Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
Cookies, posting, etc. Toplef10Cookies, posting, etc. 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

Cookies, posting, etc. I22gcj10Cookies, posting, etc. 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
Cookies, posting, etc. Toplef10Cookies, posting, etc. 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

Cookies, posting, etc. I22gcj10Cookies, posting, etc. 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Spring Flowers
by OhioGardener Today at 8:52 am

» What do I do with tomato plants?
by SMEDLEY BUTLER Yesterday at 8:53 pm

» N & C Midwest—May 2024
by OhioGardener Yesterday at 7:14 pm

» Ohio Gardener's Greenhouse
by OhioGardener Yesterday at 7:02 pm

» What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today
by OhioGardener 5/17/2024, 4:09 pm

» Compost not hot
by OhioGardener 5/17/2024, 8:05 am

» First timer in Central Virginia (7b) - newly built beds 2024
by flossy21 5/16/2024, 5:34 pm

» Help me correct my mistakes for next year please
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 5/16/2024, 4:46 pm

» Cabbage worms
by sanderson 5/16/2024, 1:34 am

» Complicated mixed up bunny poop!
by plantoid 5/14/2024, 7:20 pm

» They don't call 'em garden BEDS for nothing.
by sanderson 5/12/2024, 2:34 am

» Birds of the Garden
by OhioGardener 5/7/2024, 8:26 pm

» Greetings from Southport NC
by sanderson 5/6/2024, 4:36 am

» In the news: Biosolids in Texas.
by sanderson 5/6/2024, 4:19 am

» Rhubarb Rhubarb
by Scorpio Rising 5/5/2024, 7:57 pm

» Mark's first SFG
by markqz 5/4/2024, 12:08 am

» question about the digital tools from the sfg site.
by OhioGardener 5/2/2024, 4:50 pm

» Assistance Needed: Sugar Snap Peas Yellowing and Wilting
by Scorpio Rising 5/1/2024, 8:24 pm

» OMG, GMO from an unexpected place.
by sanderson 5/1/2024, 1:57 am

» N & C Midwest: March and April 2024
by Scorpio Rising 4/29/2024, 1:30 pm

» Lovage, has anyone grown, or used
by OhioGardener 4/29/2024, 12:27 pm

» New to SFG in Arlington, Tx
by sanderson 4/26/2024, 3:13 pm

» Soil Blocks: Tutorial In Photos
by OhioGardener 4/25/2024, 5:20 pm

» Manure tea overwintered outside - is it safe to use?
by Mhpoole 4/24/2024, 7:08 pm

» Advice on my blend
by donnainzone5 4/24/2024, 12:13 pm

» Senseless Banter...
by OhioGardener 4/24/2024, 8:16 am

» Kiwi's SFG Adventure
by sanderson 4/22/2024, 2:07 pm

» Sacrificial Tomatoes
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 4/22/2024, 10:36 am

» From the Admin - 4th EDITION of All New Square Foot Gardening is in Progress
by sanderson 4/21/2024, 5:02 pm

» Happy Birthday!!
by AtlantaMarie 4/21/2024, 6:56 am

Google

Search SFG Forum

Cookies, posting, etc.

+4
UnderTheBlackWalnut
pattipan
BackyardBirdGardner
littlejo
8 posters

Go down

Cookies, posting, etc. Empty Cookies, posting, etc.

Post  littlejo 8/31/2011, 9:18 pm

I do not see a place to put questions/concern, about the website. I thought about "How to do things on the forum" but that is not available to me.

The cookies won't save for me. I did a security update, and chose not to set cookies that would collect my physical address, etc. Did I mess up? I don't really care who has my address, I need more junk mail:lol: Also, the emotion that I put here came out as 'lol" help even if it's just me! Cookies, posting, etc. 601593 Jo Ann

Last edited by littlejo on 8/31/2011, 9:23 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : emotions)
littlejo
littlejo

Female Posts : 1575

Back to top Go down

Cookies, posting, etc. Empty Re: Cookies, posting, etc.

Post  BackyardBirdGardner 8/31/2011, 9:52 pm

littlejo wrote:I do not see a place to put questions/concern, about the website. I thought about "How to do things on the forum" but that is not available to me.

The cookies won't save for me. I did a security update, and chose not to set cookies that would collect my physical address, etc. Did I mess up? I don't really care who has my address, I need more junk mail:lol: Also, the emotion that I put here came out as 'lol" help even if it's just me! Cookies, posting, etc. 601593 Jo Ann

You're not alone tonight. Same exact thing happening to me. For future, this can also go in "feedback" if you can see that subforum. No worries.
BackyardBirdGardner
BackyardBirdGardner

Male Posts : 2727

Back to top Go down

Post  pattipan 8/31/2011, 10:37 pm

For the last week or so, I've had to log in every time I close Firefox and re-open it again. Very frustrating and I never had to do that before. I was wondering if it was the latest update with Firefox (my current FF version is 6.0). I haven't changed any settings.

So are we thinking it's a forum glitch?

pattipan
pattipan
pattipan

Female Posts : 808

https://squarefoot.forumotion.com/gallery/personal160.htm

Back to top Go down

Post  BackyardBirdGardner 8/31/2011, 10:50 pm

It could be related to the same "glitch" Boffer keeps telling me is with the forum hosting company or whatever. Who knows. But, yeah, it's a little annoying. And, I'm on IE, so it's not just a FF thing.

I still think it's Boffer messing with us. Wink
BackyardBirdGardner
BackyardBirdGardner

Back to top Go down

Post  UnderTheBlackWalnut 8/31/2011, 11:51 pm

Dang - it must be my night to stick up for Boff!! hyper My "day job" that keeps me in vermiculite is that I work for a statewide online high school. So, first of all, some of the new versions of the browsers are giving those of us in the tech field, fits. I'm not super familiar with Firefox 6.0 and it's glitches yet, but IE 9.0 is killing me. I know in IE 9.0 there is a compatibility mode you can set to try to back it up to be compatible to 8.0.

Secondly, yes, security can mess with cookie settings. The problem is (just like in real life) not all cookies are bad. Smile Some websites set cookies so that they can remember who you are and when you were logged in and how you are coming back. As an experiment, I might go ahead and allow cookies just for a short while and see if you experience any change in performance of the forum. In my school, we usually have to have our users allow cookies or things just don't work as well.

Pattipan - is your Firefox set to delete temporary files, clear browsing data and clear cookies every time you close it? If it is, then that could be a reason why the website never "remembers" you, when it did in the past.

OR.....it could all be a forum "glitch" - I've actually assigned "gremlins in the system" as the reason for certain helpdesk requests I just couldn't explain. I've seen some of the forumotion stuff and trust me, we should send Boffer a great big virtual thanks for dealing with all that fun. Smile

Hang in there - I'm sure it'll all be straightened out in time. I know the technology can be really frustrating, but sit back and look at the garden and not the leaves....isn't it amazing that we can all be across the vast US and in so many other countries and share common knowledge and stories within seconds? How many of us EVER thought that would happen on a daily basis when we were kids? It's kind of amazing when you really think about it. Makes the glitches a little easier to deal with... Smile
UnderTheBlackWalnut
UnderTheBlackWalnut

Female Posts : 559
Location : Springfield (central), IL, on the line between 5b and 6a

Back to top Go down

Post  middlemamma 9/1/2011, 1:18 am

These things seem to pop up from time to time and to random people...although Pattipan I think the glitches really like you!LOL

Honest honest honest...it's hard enough to keep this place running without adding glitches in for fun!! ROFL.

And forumotion is a PITA...

All that said I think auto updates are our worst enemy on this stuff sometimes. If your PC is auto updating itself then you come in one day and voila! everything is different and causing issues with your saved passwords etc.
middlemamma
middlemamma

Female Posts : 2264

Back to top Go down

Post  UnderTheBlackWalnut 9/1/2011, 1:34 am

...and see the gremlins heard me...because I was in Chrome on the forum and popped over to Firefox to work on a problem in an online classroom for a while...then came back to Chrome and had been logged out...wondering if there is a new "timeout" on the site because earlier I tested by just closing the browser and going back to squarefootgardening.org and coming back to the forum and I did not have to re-login...this behavior is almost more like a "timeout" after a certain length of time?... Smile
UnderTheBlackWalnut
UnderTheBlackWalnut

Back to top Go down

Post  Lindacol 9/1/2011, 1:42 am

UnderTheBlackWalnut wrote:...and see the gremlins heard me...because I was in Chrome on the forum and popped over to Firefox to work on a problem in an online classroom for a while...then came back to Chrome and had been logged out...wondering if there is a new "timeout" on the site because earlier I tested by just closing the browser and going back to squarefootgardening.org and coming back to the forum and I did not have to re-login...this behavior is almost more like a "timeout" after a certain length of time?... Smile

Same thing is happening to me today. I have IE. It is very frustrating. I've had to log in about 6 times today even though the automatic login box is checked.
Lindacol
Lindacol

Back to top Go down

Post  BackyardBirdGardner 9/1/2011, 8:37 am

Well, I had no idea we had so many "techies" on the forum. I think the explanations are great.

But, to me......Boffer = Gremlin. And, I suppose it will always be that way here. (Besides, I haven't started trouble with him in awhile....he's due.) Razz
BackyardBirdGardner
BackyardBirdGardner

Back to top Go down

Post  UnderTheBlackWalnut 9/1/2011, 2:20 pm

BackyardBirdGardner wrote:Well, I had no idea we had so many "techies" on the forum. I think the explanations are great.

Well I secretly have this theory that SFG appeals to us pseudo-techies...it's like this fantastic mix of planning/math/logic with the opportunity to really get away from a computer screen and be in nature...that and probably the fact that we were comfortable finding and joining the forum in the first place. Smile
UnderTheBlackWalnut
UnderTheBlackWalnut

Back to top Go down

Post  boffer 9/1/2011, 2:54 pm

Did I show up at the right time? It's working fine for me in FF, IE, and Chrome. tongue
boffer
boffer

Male Posts : 7392

http://boffer.us/

Back to top Go down

Post  BackyardBirdGardner 9/1/2011, 2:56 pm

It's fine now. I just never mentioned it because I like driving you nuts.
BackyardBirdGardner
BackyardBirdGardner

Back to top Go down

Post  gwennifer 9/1/2011, 3:00 pm

Well I secretly have this theory that SFG appeals to us pseudo-techies...it's like this fantastic mix of planning/math/logic with the opportunity to really get away from a computer screen and be in nature...that and probably the fact that we were comfortable finding and joining the forum in the first place. Smile

I agree!

And speaking to the topic, I also had to re-login each time I've come back to the site, last night and again this morning.
gwennifer
gwennifer

Certified SFG Instructor

Female Posts : 1414

http://www.bluekeypm.com

Back to top Go down

Post  boffer 9/1/2011, 3:11 pm

backyardbirddoodoo wrote:But, to me......Boffer = Gremlin. And, I suppose it will always be that way here. (Besides, I haven't started trouble with him in awhile....he's due.) Razz

It's fine now. I just never mentioned it because I like driving you nuts.

Cookies, posting, etc. Sorcer10

You were right: I see gremlins in your future.

boffer
boffer

Male Posts : 7392

http://boffer.us/

Back to top Go down

Post  littlejo 9/1/2011, 8:12 pm

It seems to be working fine now. Must be winter arriving early, gremlins!
littlejo
littlejo

Female Posts : 1575

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down