Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
Help!  Red Circles on Hands after Gardening Toplef10Help!  Red Circles on Hands after Gardening 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

Help!  Red Circles on Hands after Gardening I22gcj10Help!  Red Circles on Hands after Gardening 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
Help!  Red Circles on Hands after Gardening Toplef10Help!  Red Circles on Hands after Gardening 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

Help!  Red Circles on Hands after Gardening I22gcj10Help!  Red Circles on Hands after Gardening 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Joann's fabric bankruptcy
by has55 Yesterday at 9:13 pm

» Senseless Banter...
by OhioGardener Yesterday at 12:11 pm

» Fire Ring / Round Raised Bed Planter
by donnainzone5 Yesterday at 11:47 am

» Galvanized Fire Ring for Rhubarb Raised Beds?
by OhioGardener Yesterday at 10:34 am

» Happy St. Patrick's Day
by Scorpio Rising 3/17/2024, 5:54 pm

» Kiwi's SFG Adventure
by KiwiSFGnewbie 3/17/2024, 4:58 pm

» N & C Midwest: March and April 2024
by Scorpio Rising 3/16/2024, 12:16 pm

» Prefab compost question
by sanderson 3/14/2024, 11:40 pm

» New gardener from Santa Fe NM
by Turan 3/14/2024, 2:06 pm

» Compost bins: Open vs. closed
by OhioGardener 3/13/2024, 5:48 pm

» Heat Mat Temperature Test
by sanderson 3/13/2024, 1:31 am

» Bokashi
by OhioGardener 3/12/2024, 5:37 pm

» Happy Birthday!!
by Scorpio Rising 3/11/2024, 10:28 am

» What are you eating from your garden today?
by Scorpio Rising 3/10/2024, 8:38 pm

» Why I love Oregano in the garden.
by OhioGardener 3/10/2024, 8:16 am

» Comfrey
by OhioGardener 3/9/2024, 6:07 pm

» Sealing Barrels Flowers Struggling-Need Ideas
by Turan 3/9/2024, 3:09 pm

» Hello again from a slightly different part of Central PA!
by sanderson 3/9/2024, 1:46 pm

» Chicken manure compost
by Oopsiedaisy 3/8/2024, 7:56 pm

» Chinese Broccoli
by sanderson 3/7/2024, 10:28 pm

» Heat Mat Lifespan
by Scorpio Rising 3/7/2024, 9:33 am

» Now is The Time To Take Seed Inventory
by OhioGardener 3/6/2024, 4:36 pm

» Mark's first SFG
by sanderson 3/5/2024, 10:55 pm

» Greetings from a haggard mom
by sanderson 3/5/2024, 2:32 am

» Drip Irrigation question
by HDNoviceGardener_CA 3/4/2024, 9:50 pm

» Recommended store bought compost - Photos of composts
by sanderson 3/2/2024, 8:20 pm

» raised bed quanders
by OhioGardener 3/1/2024, 7:32 pm

» N&C Midwest January & February 2024
by OhioGardener 3/1/2024, 7:15 am

» Seeds 'n Such Leap Year Sale
by sanderson 2/29/2024, 1:42 pm

» Horsey poop
by MrBooker 2/29/2024, 10:56 am

Google

Search SFG Forum

Help! Red Circles on Hands after Gardening

+2
dizzygardener
pattipan
6 posters

Go down

Help!  Red Circles on Hands after Gardening Empty Help! Red Circles on Hands after Gardening

Post  Guest 6/1/2011, 7:49 pm

I went out and did some gardening today (I don't use gloves), clipping off sprouts, etc. Then a while after I came in, I noticed a red circle on one palm of my hand and then about 3 on the other. All I could find when I googled these was ringworm?? Has anyone ever had this and what is it? Any treatments?? Thanks!

Help!  Red Circles on Hands after Gardening 006-1

Help!  Red Circles on Hands after Gardening 007-1
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Help!  Red Circles on Hands after Gardening Empty Re: Help! Red Circles on Hands after Gardening

Post  pattipan 6/1/2011, 7:57 pm

Homekeeper wrote:I went out and did some gardening today (I don't use gloves), clipping off sprouts, etc. Then a while after I came in, I noticed a red circle on one palm of my hand and then about 3 on the other. All I could find when I googled these was ringworm?? Has anyone ever had this and what is it? Any treatments?? Thanks!

Were you by any chance pushing in metal rebar stakes without gloves? If that's it, then my advice is get yourself some gloves. Smile

If that's not it, then you should consult your doctor.

pattipan
pattipan
pattipan

Female Posts : 808

https://squarefoot.forumotion.com/gallery/personal160.htm

Back to top Go down

Help!  Red Circles on Hands after Gardening Empty Re: Help! Red Circles on Hands after Gardening

Post  dizzygardener 6/1/2011, 8:11 pm

Are there raised bumps to go with the rings? Are they itchy? If so, those look like flea bites or hives to me.

+1 on contacting your doctor.
dizzygardener
dizzygardener

Female Posts : 668

Back to top Go down

Post  camprn 6/1/2011, 8:20 pm

+1 on gloves, even thin cotton ones. It looks like you have a few good sized blisters there.
camprn
camprn

Forum Moderator Certified SFG Teacher

Female Posts : 14169

https://squarefoot.forumotion.com/t3574-the-end-of-july-7-week

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 6/1/2011, 9:03 pm

pattipan wrote:

Were you by any chance pushing in metal rebar stakes without gloves? If that's it, then my advice is get yourself some gloves. Smile

If that's not it, then you should consult your doctor.

pattipan

No, but now that I think of it, I was pushing in tacks but only with
my fingers and thumb I think - I don't remember using my palms to do it. The lath
boards didn't fit our garden bed, so I rigged some yarn, secured with
tacks to make "square" dividers. So there is a chance it could be the tacks LOL - but they are still there and its been hours. However, my right hand is starting to fade a bit.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 6/1/2011, 9:08 pm

Ok, you guys I feel so stupid lol Rolling Eyes I showed hubby the pics I took 2 hours ago of my hands and then he looked at them now and said they are almost gone. He said it had to be the tacks - I must have pressed them in with my palms on some and not realized. Not sure how to delete a post but sorry....looks like it isn't anything but tack impressions, I hope!! Help!  Red Circles on Hands after Gardening 889526
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  camprn 6/1/2011, 9:12 pm

Ahh, live and learn, it's all part of the ride. I am glad your hands are better!! Very Happy
camprn
camprn

Forum Moderator Certified SFG Teacher

Female Posts : 14169

https://squarefoot.forumotion.com/t3574-the-end-of-july-7-week

Back to top Go down

Post  retired member 2 6/1/2011, 11:42 pm

LOL! Sounds EXACTLY like something I would do and then post about! Dorks rule! Look at all the posts you got??!!
retired member 2

Female Posts : 100

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 6/2/2011, 12:10 am

clb58 wrote:LOL! Sounds EXACTLY like something I would do and then post about! Dorks rule! Look at all the posts you got??!!

You calling me a dork!? affraid lol! Ya, this was so funny - I was telling a friend about it, how I wrote a HELP! post on a garden forum and then later realized it was just a tack impression hahah. She had a good laugh at my expense.

Thanks for everyone that replied! It's good to know others are there in our time of need. Hubby was going to the store to get me some medication for my "supposed ringworm" until I realized what it could be. Help!  Red Circles on Hands after Gardening 889526
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  jymarino 6/2/2011, 10:07 am

I'd count it as just another funny story to tell the grandkids, or neices and nephews, or the neighbor, or the dog....

My oldest dc, at a whole 9.5 yo, would have noticed my error right away and let me know all about it. Then she would have been the first to tell Daddy when he got home, even though I would have sworn her to secrecy. Then, 3 years later, she would still be talking about how Mommy thought she had some fatal disease after she leaned too hard on some tacks in the garden. You are lucky you were the one to tell the story b/c the tale would have gotten bigger if a child were telling it!
jymarino

Back to top Go down

Post  dmsandlin 6/2/2011, 11:10 am

Hmmm...Palmar tackitis.

It has a nice "ring" to it, don't you think? Razz
dmsandlin
dmsandlin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 6/2/2011, 12:41 pm

dmsandlin wrote:Hmmm...Palmar tackitis.

It has a nice "ring" to it, don't you think? Razz

Help!  Red Circles on Hands after Gardening 889526 Now that was funny!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 6/2/2011, 12:45 pm

jymarino wrote:I'd count it as just another funny story to tell the grandkids, or neices and nephews, or the neighbor, or the dog....

My oldest dc, at a whole 9.5 yo, would have noticed my error right away and let me know all about it. Then she would have been the first to tell Daddy when he got home, even though I would have sworn her to secrecy. Then, 3 years later, she would still be talking about how Mommy thought she had some fatal disease after she leaned too hard on some tacks in the garden. You are lucky you were the one to tell the story b/c the tale would have gotten bigger if a child were telling it!

LOL, sounds like my daughter - she is 7 and said that she saw me pressing down the tacks with the palm of my hand, even though I don't remember.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  jymarino 6/2/2011, 4:46 pm

Wow, I am very impressed! Isn't it great how things can be so much more interesting when there is a big name attached. Even when the name is totally made up. Smile
jymarino

Back to top Go down

Post  dmsandlin 6/3/2011, 10:00 am

I work with 2nd year medical students, so I hear lots of big names. I even understand a few of them. If this was med school, it would be called Homekeeper's Disease after the one who discovered it.
dmsandlin
dmsandlin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down