Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
How'd you make it through the tornadoes over the weekend? Please check in Toplef10How'd you make it through the tornadoes over the weekend? Please check in 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

How'd you make it through the tornadoes over the weekend? Please check in I22gcj10How'd you make it through the tornadoes over the weekend? Please check in 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
How'd you make it through the tornadoes over the weekend? Please check in Toplef10How'd you make it through the tornadoes over the weekend? Please check in 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

How'd you make it through the tornadoes over the weekend? Please check in I22gcj10How'd you make it through the tornadoes over the weekend? Please check in 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Joann's fabric bankruptcy
by has55 Yesterday at 9:13 pm

» Senseless Banter...
by OhioGardener Yesterday at 12:11 pm

» Fire Ring / Round Raised Bed Planter
by donnainzone5 Yesterday at 11:47 am

» Galvanized Fire Ring for Rhubarb Raised Beds?
by OhioGardener Yesterday at 10:34 am

» Happy St. Patrick's Day
by Scorpio Rising 3/17/2024, 5:54 pm

» Kiwi's SFG Adventure
by KiwiSFGnewbie 3/17/2024, 4:58 pm

» N & C Midwest: March and April 2024
by Scorpio Rising 3/16/2024, 12:16 pm

» Prefab compost question
by sanderson 3/14/2024, 11:40 pm

» New gardener from Santa Fe NM
by Turan 3/14/2024, 2:06 pm

» Compost bins: Open vs. closed
by OhioGardener 3/13/2024, 5:48 pm

» Heat Mat Temperature Test
by sanderson 3/13/2024, 1:31 am

» Bokashi
by OhioGardener 3/12/2024, 5:37 pm

» Happy Birthday!!
by Scorpio Rising 3/11/2024, 10:28 am

» What are you eating from your garden today?
by Scorpio Rising 3/10/2024, 8:38 pm

» Why I love Oregano in the garden.
by OhioGardener 3/10/2024, 8:16 am

» Comfrey
by OhioGardener 3/9/2024, 6:07 pm

» Sealing Barrels Flowers Struggling-Need Ideas
by Turan 3/9/2024, 3:09 pm

» Hello again from a slightly different part of Central PA!
by sanderson 3/9/2024, 1:46 pm

» Chicken manure compost
by Oopsiedaisy 3/8/2024, 7:56 pm

» Chinese Broccoli
by sanderson 3/7/2024, 10:28 pm

» Heat Mat Lifespan
by Scorpio Rising 3/7/2024, 9:33 am

» Now is The Time To Take Seed Inventory
by OhioGardener 3/6/2024, 4:36 pm

» Mark's first SFG
by sanderson 3/5/2024, 10:55 pm

» Greetings from a haggard mom
by sanderson 3/5/2024, 2:32 am

» Drip Irrigation question
by HDNoviceGardener_CA 3/4/2024, 9:50 pm

» Recommended store bought compost - Photos of composts
by sanderson 3/2/2024, 8:20 pm

» raised bed quanders
by OhioGardener 3/1/2024, 7:32 pm

» N&C Midwest January & February 2024
by OhioGardener 3/1/2024, 7:15 am

» Seeds 'n Such Leap Year Sale
by sanderson 2/29/2024, 1:42 pm

» Horsey poop
by MrBooker 2/29/2024, 10:56 am

Google

Search SFG Forum

How'd you make it through the tornadoes over the weekend? Please check in

+7
Weatherkid
FarmerValerie
BackyardBirdGardner
middlemamma
staf74
HPartin
dizzygardener
11 posters

Go down

How'd you make it through the tornadoes over the weekend? Please check in Empty How'd you make it through the tornadoes over the weekend? Please check in

Post  dizzygardener 4/18/2011, 2:09 pm

I hope everyone in the region made it through the tornadoes ok. Please check in and let us know you are ok.

Thanks!
dizzygardener
dizzygardener

Female Posts : 668

Back to top Go down

How'd you make it through the tornadoes over the weekend? Please check in Empty Re: How'd you make it through the tornadoes over the weekend? Please check in

Post  HPartin 4/18/2011, 2:18 pm

We were just missed. There were tornadoes all around us in every directions; two were within 3 miles from us. We feel quite blessed to be missed. I know one family who was completely wiped out. The only thing left of their house is their foundation. Luckly, they were at another family member's house for dinner.

Heidi
HPartin

Female Posts : 120

Back to top Go down

How'd you make it through the tornadoes over the weekend? Please check in Empty Re: How'd you make it through the tornadoes over the weekend? Please check in

Post  staf74 4/18/2011, 2:24 pm

Everything ok in my neck of the woods.....just ! Had very scary black cloud cover and swirling low clouds clearly trying to rotate and angrily turn into funnels but it blew through.

On a positive note, my rain barrels are full !!!
staf74
staf74

Male Posts : 554

Back to top Go down

Post  middlemamma 4/18/2011, 2:48 pm

I had nightmares about this all nightafter I watched and read a bunch about it on the internet.

What members (posting) do we know of that we need to hear from?

Let's put our heads together and make a list. Maybe we could PM some?

Just really would like to make sure everyone is ok. Thing is, if someone is dealing with damage or worse the forum will be the last thing on their mind understandably.
Let's think good thoughts for everyone.
middlemamma
middlemamma

Female Posts : 2264

Back to top Go down

Post  BackyardBirdGardner 4/18/2011, 4:00 pm

All good in the STL. We were just north of the trouble on Saturday. A little happened across the Mississippi, but it was very isolated here. Hope all of you in the Carolinas came out ok.
BackyardBirdGardner
BackyardBirdGardner

Male Posts : 2727

Back to top Go down

Post  dizzygardener 4/19/2011, 8:26 am

We still have yet to hear from some folks.

The ones I can come up with are

buttaflie143 in Raleigh NC
Utbmom in SE VA
Kiwirose in durham nc
Ralitaco in hampstead NC
Chopped Liver MM in Central NC
MTman1849 in Lexington NC

I'm sure everything is ok and they are just a bit too busy to check in. I hesitate to send PMs.

It sure would be nice to hear from them though...
dizzygardener
dizzygardener

Back to top Go down

Post  FarmerValerie 4/19/2011, 8:55 am

I keep one eye on the weather at all times, there are more storms coming. We here in NE TX should get hit about 6PM tonight. For those of you east of us, watch your local weather, please, these storms will again head east to the coast.
FarmerValerie
FarmerValerie

Female Posts : 1611

http://www.rocksinmygarden.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Weatherkid 4/19/2011, 10:54 pm

I didn't even realize it, but on Saturday night at around 8:00pm there was a tornado about 4 miles from our house. We weren't affected at all, thankfully. I only saw it in the paper on Monday night. :!:
I think it was very localized and it tore the roof off a winery.

I'm very grateful to have been unscathed by this series of storms.... we didn't even lose power at all!!

I also heard of some more tornados in the area around northern Virginia, but I can't confirm those.

Weatherkid
Weatherkid
Weatherkid

Male Posts : 58

Back to top Go down

Post  madnicmom 4/19/2011, 11:01 pm

Take cover all midwestners, just saw all of cincy area is under tornado watch and the storms are in IN down thru MO. Hope everyone stays safe.
madnicmom
madnicmom

Female Posts : 567

Back to top Go down

Post  buttaflie143 4/19/2011, 11:03 pm

dizzygardener wrote:We still have yet to hear from some folks.

The ones I can come up with are

buttaflie143 in Raleigh NC
Utbmom in SE VA
Kiwirose in durham nc
Ralitaco in hampstead NC
Chopped Liver MM in Central NC
MTman1849 in Lexington NC

I'm sure everything is ok and they are just a bit too busy to check in. I hesitate to send PMs.

It sure would be nice to hear from them though...

I'm so sorry not to have checked in sooner, but yes we have been busy. My family is very thankful that the storm passed over us because we all know of many who lost everything including life, not just in NC, but across the nation. I would like to say that the love and concern shown in the forum is absolutely wonderful. You guys are the best!!!! Have we heard from everyone so far?
buttaflie143
buttaflie143

Back to top Go down

Post  middlemamma 4/19/2011, 11:11 pm

We have only heard from you buttaflie.

Chopped Liver logged in today but didn't post. Hopefully we will here from others soon.

What about Kimbertangleknot? Would she have been in the path? She is in Charlotte NC.
middlemamma
middlemamma

Female Posts : 2264

Back to top Go down

Post  buttaflie143 4/19/2011, 11:22 pm

There is the possibility. The tornadoes were nothing like we have ever experienced. They tracked from the southern part of the state up to VA, you could actually see their paths as the news reported them. My oldest son started crying when I started prepping him and my twins for what would we do if we needed to take cover and my husband was at work in Smithfield/Selma right off of -I95 and there was a tornado gunning directly for him also. It was insane. We didn't realize how much devastation had occured around us and how close to us until Monday morning, the tornado literally wiped out houses and businesses less than 5 min. away from us in all directions. The crazy thing is that NC hadn't had an actual tornado "warning" since 1984. I pray Kimber is ok.
buttaflie143
buttaflie143

Back to top Go down

Post  buttaflie143 4/19/2011, 11:24 pm

FarmerValerie wrote:I keep one eye on the weather at all times, there are more storms coming. We here in NE TX should get hit about 6PM tonight. For those of you east of us, watch your local weather, please, these storms will again head east to the coast.

I will continue to keep you in my prayers.
buttaflie143
buttaflie143

Back to top Go down

Post  dizzygardener 4/19/2011, 11:25 pm

Buttaflie,

Thanks for checking in. I'm glad to hear you made it through. I'm still keeping positive that the others made it too. They are probably just busy...
dizzygardener
dizzygardener

Back to top Go down

How'd you make it through the tornadoes over the weekend? Please check in Empty We are fine.

Post  WardinWake 4/19/2011, 11:26 pm

Howdy Folks:

We heard the tornado pass us but did not realize what is was until the next day when someone else said it sounded like a long thunder roll just before it hit the Zoar Baptist Church in Deltaville, VA 5 miles from here. Our county has about 11,000 folks living here year round (more in the summer) and we lost 28 houses totaled and 21 with very heavy damage. One co-worker was at a party with 60 people and they were making so much noise that they did not hear the tornado when it hit the church 1/4 mile away! A Mr. Waldon, 80, was in his bed and his wife was on the floor when the tornado hit their house. It demolished the home except where the bed was. He had a small cut on one leg and his wife was uninjured. He stated he had two baseball caps on his bed posts that did not even move. No major injuries here, but, in the next county over 3 were killed and Page Middle School and many school buses are lost. I work two miles from the school and we did not even get much wind.

God Bless, Ward and Mary.
WardinWake
WardinWake

Certified SFG Instructor

Male Posts : 935

Back to top Go down

Post  FarmerValerie 4/19/2011, 11:45 pm

We were missed this evening, the storms went right above us. I'm glad you checked in Buttaflie!

We had a storm go through a few years ago, I told my kids to go get a jacket and set it by the door, and put their shoes on, my husband had our only vehicle and my daughter asked if we were going some where....
FarmerValerie
FarmerValerie

Female Posts : 1611

http://www.rocksinmygarden.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

How'd you make it through the tornadoes over the weekend? Please check in Empty tornado check in

Post  thebaums 4/19/2011, 11:46 pm

We were lucky here in the greater Tulsa, OK, area. For the most part all we had were high straight winds, hail and heavy rain. There were warning and watches all around us, but we were lucky. Unfortunately, there are all to many across the state and nation that were not as lucky. For all who have lost property and/or friends, the prayers and thoughts of my family go out to you all.
thebaums

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down