Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
never, ever try fish fetilizer in the house Toplef10never, ever try fish fetilizer in the house 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

never, ever try fish fetilizer in the house I22gcj10never, ever try fish fetilizer in the house 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
never, ever try fish fetilizer in the house Toplef10never, ever try fish fetilizer in the house 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

never, ever try fish fetilizer in the house I22gcj10never, ever try fish fetilizer in the house 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Spring Flowers
by OhioGardener Today at 8:52 am

» What do I do with tomato plants?
by SMEDLEY BUTLER Yesterday at 8:53 pm

» N & C Midwest—May 2024
by OhioGardener Yesterday at 7:14 pm

» Ohio Gardener's Greenhouse
by OhioGardener Yesterday at 7:02 pm

» What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today
by OhioGardener 5/17/2024, 4:09 pm

» Compost not hot
by OhioGardener 5/17/2024, 8:05 am

» First timer in Central Virginia (7b) - newly built beds 2024
by flossy21 5/16/2024, 5:34 pm

» Help me correct my mistakes for next year please
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 5/16/2024, 4:46 pm

» Cabbage worms
by sanderson 5/16/2024, 1:34 am

» Complicated mixed up bunny poop!
by plantoid 5/14/2024, 7:20 pm

» They don't call 'em garden BEDS for nothing.
by sanderson 5/12/2024, 2:34 am

» Birds of the Garden
by OhioGardener 5/7/2024, 8:26 pm

» Greetings from Southport NC
by sanderson 5/6/2024, 4:36 am

» In the news: Biosolids in Texas.
by sanderson 5/6/2024, 4:19 am

» Rhubarb Rhubarb
by Scorpio Rising 5/5/2024, 7:57 pm

» Mark's first SFG
by markqz 5/4/2024, 12:08 am

» question about the digital tools from the sfg site.
by OhioGardener 5/2/2024, 4:50 pm

» Assistance Needed: Sugar Snap Peas Yellowing and Wilting
by Scorpio Rising 5/1/2024, 8:24 pm

» OMG, GMO from an unexpected place.
by sanderson 5/1/2024, 1:57 am

» N & C Midwest: March and April 2024
by Scorpio Rising 4/29/2024, 1:30 pm

» Lovage, has anyone grown, or used
by OhioGardener 4/29/2024, 12:27 pm

» New to SFG in Arlington, Tx
by sanderson 4/26/2024, 3:13 pm

» Soil Blocks: Tutorial In Photos
by OhioGardener 4/25/2024, 5:20 pm

» Manure tea overwintered outside - is it safe to use?
by Mhpoole 4/24/2024, 7:08 pm

» Advice on my blend
by donnainzone5 4/24/2024, 12:13 pm

» Senseless Banter...
by OhioGardener 4/24/2024, 8:16 am

» Kiwi's SFG Adventure
by sanderson 4/22/2024, 2:07 pm

» Sacrificial Tomatoes
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 4/22/2024, 10:36 am

» From the Admin - 4th EDITION of All New Square Foot Gardening is in Progress
by sanderson 4/21/2024, 5:02 pm

» Happy Birthday!!
by AtlantaMarie 4/21/2024, 6:56 am

Google

Search SFG Forum

never, ever try fish fetilizer in the house

+2
BackyardBirdGardner
Patty from Yorktown
6 posters

Go down

never, ever try fish fetilizer in the house Empty never, ever try fish fetilizer in the house

Post  Patty from Yorktown 3/23/2011, 8:53 pm

Today I forgot one of the lessons I learned about starting seeds last year. Never, ever use fish fertilizer in the house, especially if you made the mix two weeks ago. I had to try that. It took a full cycle on the bread machine and open windows/door to make the house smell better. My poor lettuce has been banished to the garage. I guess it will get a quick hardening off session, so it can go live happily in the garden.

Patty in stinky Yorktown
Patty from Yorktown
Patty from Yorktown

Back to top Go down

never, ever try fish fetilizer in the house Empty Re: never, ever try fish fetilizer in the house

Post  BackyardBirdGardner 3/23/2011, 9:03 pm

My brother and I used to use stink bait the few times we went catfishing (fish emulsion smells exactly the same). I never liked it....nor the concept of catfishing. Sitting around all night waiting and waiting was just not my idea of fishing. For those that fish, I'm more of a cast'n'crank guy that can go all day long. But, I digress.

My brother used to call that stuff "sweet smelling pate (pah-TAY)." He, of course, was being overly sarcastic. That junk just doesn't wash off your hands!

One day, on a river with my grandfather, my brother (about 9 years old and thinking he knew more than the old man) tried to trick our grandfather into baiting the hooks. He said we like to use our top secret "sweet smelling pate." My grandfather acted as though he "took the bait." He reached into the bag and inhaled a HUGE whiff of the stuff (did I mention he was the toughest salt I ever knew?) He immediately started to stagger this way and that.....teetering on the brink of consciousness.

He comes up and says, "Wow, that stuff makes me dizzy. Now, that's a great feeling if you like turning in circles on the playgrounds in the park." My brother jumps at the chance and says, "Oh wow...I love doing that." And, he stuck his whole face in the bag and started up a huge whiff of his own. Gramps quickly shoved his face right down into the gook.

Gramps says, "Son I weren't born yesterday. And, for that, you get to smell it for three days, son. Next time you try and trick Grandpa, maybe you'll remember that he don't trick easy."

We spent the rest of HIS life trying to catch that old bird.....and never really did. I miss that guy...he taught us a ton!

Sorry, had to share.
BackyardBirdGardner
BackyardBirdGardner

Male Posts : 2727

Back to top Go down

never, ever try fish fetilizer in the house Empty Re: never, ever try fish fetilizer in the house

Post  staf74 3/23/2011, 9:11 pm

never, ever try fish fetilizer in the house 889526

Thanks for sharing.....rites of passage to boyhood involving wise ole grandpa always warm the heart and soul.
staf74
staf74

Male Posts : 554

Back to top Go down

Post  acara 3/23/2011, 9:50 pm

Patty from Yorktown wrote:Today I forgot one of the lessons I learned about starting seeds last year. Never, ever use fish fertilizer in the house, especially if you made the mix two weeks ago. I had to try that. It took a full cycle on the bread machine and open windows/door to make the house smell better. My poor lettuce has been banished to the garage. I guess it will get a quick hardening off session, so it can go live happily in the garden.

Patty in stinky Yorktown

Oh boy ... do I know that lesson.

Even the "fresh stuff" is fairly .....aeromatic?

..... and the "deodorized" on the label ...... COMPLETE false advertising ..... unless you've recently cleaned your nostrils with a red-hot poker.
acara
acara

Male Posts : 1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Goosegirl 3/23/2011, 9:54 pm

acara wrote:..... and the "deodorized" on the label ...... COMPLETE false advertising ..... unless you've recently cleaned your nostrils with a red-hot poker.

Obviously from the same advertizer as 'odorless' garlic capsules! (burp!)
Goosegirl
Goosegirl

Female Posts : 3435

Back to top Go down

Post  Ha-v-v 3/23/2011, 10:53 pm

acara wrote:..... and the "deodorized" on
the label ...... COMPLETE false advertising ..... unless you've recently
cleaned your nostrils with a red-hot poker.

Obviously from the same advertizer as 'odorless' garlic capsules! (burp!).

Im over here dying !!! lolol or like the fish oil pill !!! lololol lol!
Ha-v-v
Ha-v-v

Female Posts : 1123
Location : Southwest Ms. Zone 8A (I like to think I get a little bit of Zone 9 too )

Back to top Go down

Post  Patty from Yorktown 3/24/2011, 7:04 am

Thanks for the sympathy. You all have made my morning.

Patty from Yorktown
Patty from Yorktown
Patty from Yorktown

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down