Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 3 Toplef10What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 3 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 3 I22gcj10What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 3 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 3 Toplef10What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 3 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 3 I22gcj10What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 3 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» New to SFG in Arlington, Tx
by sanderson Today at 3:13 pm

» Soil Blocks: Tutorial In Photos
by OhioGardener Yesterday at 5:20 pm

» Manure tea overwintered outside - is it safe to use?
by Mhpoole 4/24/2024, 7:08 pm

» Advice on my blend
by donnainzone5 4/24/2024, 12:13 pm

» Senseless Banter...
by OhioGardener 4/24/2024, 8:16 am

» Rhubarb Rhubarb
by sanderson 4/23/2024, 8:52 pm

» What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today
by OhioGardener 4/23/2024, 1:53 pm

» What do I do with tomato plants?
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 4/23/2024, 1:36 am

» N & C Midwest: March and April 2024
by Scorpio Rising 4/22/2024, 4:57 pm

» Kiwi's SFG Adventure
by sanderson 4/22/2024, 2:07 pm

» Sacrificial Tomatoes
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 4/22/2024, 10:36 am

» From the Admin - 4th EDITION of All New Square Foot Gardening is in Progress
by sanderson 4/21/2024, 5:02 pm

» Seedling Identification
by AuntieBeth 4/21/2024, 8:00 am

» Happy Birthday!!
by AtlantaMarie 4/21/2024, 6:56 am

» Three Sisters Thursday
by sanderson 4/20/2024, 5:25 pm

» Recommended store bought compost - Photos of composts
by sanderson 4/20/2024, 3:08 pm

» Compost not hot
by Guinevere 4/19/2024, 11:19 am

» Maybe a silly question but...
by sanderson 4/18/2024, 11:22 pm

» Hi from zone 10B--southern orange county, ca
by sanderson 4/18/2024, 12:25 am

» Asparagus
by OhioGardener 4/17/2024, 6:17 pm

» problems with SFG forum site
by OhioGardener 4/16/2024, 8:04 am

» Strawberries per square foot.
by sanderson 4/16/2024, 4:22 am

» What are you eating from your garden today?
by sanderson 4/16/2024, 4:15 am

» April is Kids Gardening Month!
by sanderson 4/15/2024, 2:37 pm

» Creating A Potager Garden
by sanderson 4/15/2024, 2:33 pm

» Butter Beans????
by OhioGardener 4/13/2024, 5:50 pm

» Companion planting
by sanderson 4/13/2024, 4:24 pm

» First timer in Central Virginia (7b) - newly built beds 2024
by sanderson 4/13/2024, 4:16 pm

» California's Drought
by sanderson 4/10/2024, 1:43 pm

» Anyone Using Agribon Row Cover To Extend The Growing Season?
by sanderson 4/8/2024, 10:28 pm

Google

Search SFG Forum

What are you eating from your garden today?

+47
donnainzone5
JAM23
Soose
Hawgwild
NAR56
Jenn-NOLA
Momofsix6!
Hip2B
Bean boy
rgassen
Simso
Dunkinjean
Cherbear
sonofson
Blossom137
llama momma
kauairosina
p14shooter
AuntieBeth
Hypogeiody
CitizenKate
OldCrow
lvanderb
Emily49
mollyhespra
FL Garden Gal
Kelejan
JohnKelly
Mikesgardn
Judy McConnell
MrBooker
AtlantaMarie
Cajun Cappy
Yardslave
bluelacedredhead
markqz
hammock gal
CapeCoddess
trolleydriver
johnbmarek
LilBittyBean
plantoid
sanderson
countrynaturals
OhioGardener
Scorpio Rising
yolos
51 posters

Page 3 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 22  Next

Go down

What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 3 Empty Re: What are you eating from your garden today?

Post  countrynaturals 9/11/2019, 11:39 am

STEVIA! I love it! happy turtle  Bought some about 20 years ago -- hated it. Thought I'd give it another chance, since I'm so much older and wiser, now. I probably used way too much of the processed stuff back then. Now I have a nice little plant of my own, so I can use it one leaf at a time. This is gonna be fun. I might even try it in my coffee. reading
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Female Posts : 5704

http://countrynaturals.com

Back to top Go down

What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 3 Empty Re: What are you eating from your garden today?

Post  markqz 9/11/2019, 3:26 pm

countrynaturals wrote:This is my first time to grow purple basil.
I've got the purple ones growing, but they're only about 1/2" high at the moment. Be interesting to see if they do anything before TXG.
markqz
markqz

Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  markqz 9/11/2019, 3:36 pm

countrynaturals wrote:STEVIA! ... Now I have a nice little plant of my own, so I can use it one leaf at a time. This is gonna be fun. I might even try it in my coffee.
I couldn't find local stevia seeds and so ordered some last year from a questionable ebay source. The baggie that came seemed to have something more like dust or chaff in it. Something seemed to grow from it after many weeks, but it didn't thrive and I couldn't be sure if it wasn't just something from our local rich and diverse weed community.

So ... do stevia seeds look like chaff, or did I pay $5.99 for a bag of lint? What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 3 Max-wi10
markqz
markqz

Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  OhioGardener 9/11/2019, 3:48 pm

markqz wrote:I couldn't find local stevia seeds and so ordered some last year from a questionable ebay source. The baggie that came seemed to have something more like dust or chaff in it. Something seemed to grow from it after many weeks, but it didn't thrive and I couldn't be sure if it wasn't just something from our local rich and diverse weed community.

So ... do stevia seeds look like chaff, or did I pay $5.99 for a bag of lint?

The Stevia seeds should not look like dust or lint, but they may have silks on them. The dark arrowhead shaped part is the seed, and the silks on the end of them are for the wind to disperse them.  If you get pure seeds, you will only get the dark part, but some places/people sell them with the silks attached.

What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 3 Stevia10

"In short, the soil food web feeds everything you eat and helps keep your favorite planet from getting too hot. Be nice to it."  ~ Diane Miessler, "Grow Your Soil"
OhioGardener
OhioGardener

Forum Moderator

Male Posts : 4517

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkKWnsWrs0RIcyIQD1_Z26g

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 9/11/2019, 3:59 pm

Stevia seeds are very small -- 1/4" or smaller.
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorpio Rising 9/11/2019, 6:24 pm

I had a dill from the jar that didn’t seal, so it’s in my fridge!  Wrapped in a 1/2 flour tortilla with a light bologna slice in there—yum!  And watermelon (not mine) and Bugles!
Scorpio Rising
Scorpio Rising

Female Posts : 8712

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson 9/13/2019, 2:52 am

Mark, Ordering seeds off eBay, Amazon, etc., is a gamble. Most of use order from seed companies like Baker Creek, Territorial, Johnny's, Southern Exposure, Renee's . . .Request a catalog from Baker Creek and you can drool all over it.

Find more about Weather in Fresno, CA
Click for weather forecast
sanderson
sanderson

Forum Administrator

Female Posts : 21547

https://connect.xfinity.com/appsuite/#!!&app=io.ox/mail&

Back to top Go down

Post  yolos 9/13/2019, 10:26 am

Roasted Okra, corn on the cob (finally), Tomatoes, cucumbers.  The corn on the cob was harvested at the perfect time and the cooking was perfect.  Kernels just popped in my mouth.  Yum, Yum.
yolos
yolos

Female Posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 9/13/2019, 11:31 am

yolos wrote: The corn on the cob was harvested at the perfect time and the cooking was perfect.  Kernels just popped in my mouth.  Yum, Yum.
smiles  I want some!
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 9/15/2019, 9:38 am

Mediterranean cukes, asparagus beans, icicle radishes (only 3 Sad ), and the cherry tomatoes are back in business Cool . Sadly, the figs are finished for this year. We never get enough of them, but we're starting 3 more trees. Maybe next year we can start canning again.
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  OhioGardener 9/15/2019, 9:59 am

Last evening we had the first Pear Crisp from our 35-year old pear tree.  Delicious desert!  Very Happy

"In short, the soil food web feeds everything you eat and helps keep your favorite planet from getting too hot. Be nice to it."  ~ Diane Miessler, "Grow Your Soil"
OhioGardener
OhioGardener

Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorpio Rising 9/15/2019, 9:31 pm

Everything sounds delicious!

We had BLTs with tomatoes from the garden!  Yum!  And sautéed the eggplant with garlic and onions with a bit of Parmesan!
Scorpio Rising
Scorpio Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  OhioGardener 9/19/2019, 2:52 pm

The second planting of bush beans are starting to come in now. Picked first harvest today, and there should be 3 or 4 more before frost kills them.

What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 3 Green_15

OhioGardener
OhioGardener

Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorpio Rising 9/19/2019, 8:26 pm

A sliced up cuke and garlic and onion and many Sunsweet cherry tomatoes in a sloppy joe mix!  Delish!  Oh, and some dills that didn’t seal that have been in the fridge for about a month and a half!
Scorpio Rising
Scorpio Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 9/23/2019, 1:28 pm

Tomato-cucumber salad, kale, and asparagus beans.
What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 3 Sepava10
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorpio Rising 9/23/2019, 6:21 pm

CN, what variety is that cuke?  What are they like?  Interesting shape!
Scorpio Rising
Scorpio Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 9/23/2019, 7:05 pm

Scorpio Rising wrote:CN, what variety is that cuke?  What are they like?  Interesting shape!
Mediterranean, similar to Armenian. These are our all-time faves. They get huge. The plants are very prolific. They laugh at our heat. The skins are thin, so we eat them skins on. The texture is very tight -- almost like zucchini. The flavor is mild. They're burpless. AND they're almost fluted in shape. Here -- I'll go get a slice for a snack and take pic.
What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 3 Meditc10
Once they get started, they grow fast -- like a zuke -- and can get almost as big. affraid
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  markqz 9/24/2019, 10:31 pm

The stir fry I made tonight featured arugula, radish leaves, and summer squash from the SFG.
markqz
markqz

Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  bluelacedredhead 9/25/2019, 7:36 am

Cherry tomatoes in a chickpea salad; Blue coco beans and Butternut Squash Soup.  I had a bumper crop of Bush Butternut's this year. We've moved from a house into an apartment and I know they won't last as long as they do in a basement so I'm making soup and I think I will be freezing some as well.
bluelacedredhead
bluelacedredhead

Female Posts : 114

Back to top Go down

Post  markqz 9/25/2019, 11:31 pm

Arugula (4 or 5 leaves) to go with the salad. And charcoal grilled summer squash. Anyone else like grilled squash slices? Of course, after you have coated it with olive oil, season-salted it, and grilled it, it probably doesn't count as health food any more ...
markqz
markqz

Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 9/26/2019, 9:59 am

markqz wrote:Arugula (4 or 5 leaves) to go with the salad. And charcoal grilled summer squash. Anyone else like grilled squash slices? Of course, after you have coated it with olive oil, season-salted it, and grilled it, it probably doesn't count as health food any more ...
We love all kinds of grilled veggies. What a surprise the first time. I thought they'd be terrible -- just taste like burnt food. Boy, was I wrong! alrighta
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  yolos 9/26/2019, 3:15 pm

Grilled Okra.  Peas.
yolos
yolos

Female Posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  markqz 9/26/2019, 10:45 pm

Tonight's stir fry featured the first zucchini from the summer garden, and these ...

What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 3 NOUvnaw

The flowers only bloom for a day. Once the squash is done with them, they're great as food themselves. You can find recipes online for battered and fried blossoms, but that's a bit of work and probably not that healthy.
markqz
markqz

Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 9/28/2019, 2:27 pm

Kale, tomatoes, asparagus beans, and so many Mediterranean cukes we're feeding some to the deer. Rolling Eyes Also, got the last of the zukes from the in-laws, so I'll be making one last batch of zucchini bread. I love you
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  Yardslave 9/28/2019, 5:50 pm

Chowing down on Kale, tomatoes, zucchini, carrots, chives, eggplants, Chard, bell peppers, and jalapeno peppers. I have a few clusters of grapes left on the vines, and the apples are starting to fall and the onions are up for long term storage.
Yardslave
Yardslave

Male Posts : 546

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 22  Next