Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 33 Toplef10How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 33 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 33 I22gcj10How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 33 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 33 Toplef10How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 33 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 33 I22gcj10How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 33 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Spring Flowers
by OhioGardener Today at 8:52 am

» What do I do with tomato plants?
by SMEDLEY BUTLER Yesterday at 8:53 pm

» N & C Midwest—May 2024
by OhioGardener Yesterday at 7:14 pm

» Ohio Gardener's Greenhouse
by OhioGardener Yesterday at 7:02 pm

» What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today
by OhioGardener 5/17/2024, 4:09 pm

» Compost not hot
by OhioGardener 5/17/2024, 8:05 am

» First timer in Central Virginia (7b) - newly built beds 2024
by flossy21 5/16/2024, 5:34 pm

» Help me correct my mistakes for next year please
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 5/16/2024, 4:46 pm

» Cabbage worms
by sanderson 5/16/2024, 1:34 am

» Complicated mixed up bunny poop!
by plantoid 5/14/2024, 7:20 pm

» They don't call 'em garden BEDS for nothing.
by sanderson 5/12/2024, 2:34 am

» Birds of the Garden
by OhioGardener 5/7/2024, 8:26 pm

» Greetings from Southport NC
by sanderson 5/6/2024, 4:36 am

» In the news: Biosolids in Texas.
by sanderson 5/6/2024, 4:19 am

» Rhubarb Rhubarb
by Scorpio Rising 5/5/2024, 7:57 pm

» Mark's first SFG
by markqz 5/4/2024, 12:08 am

» question about the digital tools from the sfg site.
by OhioGardener 5/2/2024, 4:50 pm

» Assistance Needed: Sugar Snap Peas Yellowing and Wilting
by Scorpio Rising 5/1/2024, 8:24 pm

» OMG, GMO from an unexpected place.
by sanderson 5/1/2024, 1:57 am

» N & C Midwest: March and April 2024
by Scorpio Rising 4/29/2024, 1:30 pm

» Lovage, has anyone grown, or used
by OhioGardener 4/29/2024, 12:27 pm

» New to SFG in Arlington, Tx
by sanderson 4/26/2024, 3:13 pm

» Soil Blocks: Tutorial In Photos
by OhioGardener 4/25/2024, 5:20 pm

» Manure tea overwintered outside - is it safe to use?
by Mhpoole 4/24/2024, 7:08 pm

» Advice on my blend
by donnainzone5 4/24/2024, 12:13 pm

» Senseless Banter...
by OhioGardener 4/24/2024, 8:16 am

» Kiwi's SFG Adventure
by sanderson 4/22/2024, 2:07 pm

» Sacrificial Tomatoes
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 4/22/2024, 10:36 am

» From the Admin - 4th EDITION of All New Square Foot Gardening is in Progress
by sanderson 4/21/2024, 5:02 pm

» Happy Birthday!!
by AtlantaMarie 4/21/2024, 6:56 am

Google

Search SFG Forum

How's the Weather Where You're At?

+45
OhioGardener
plantoid
Emily49
olivia.walter
High Desert
lvanderb
bgardner
SusanTheWriter
mollyhespra
ralitaco
Dan in Ct
recoush
markqz
LilBittyBean
countrynaturals
Cajun Cappy
ispinwool
donnainzone5
AtlantaMarie
MrBooker
bluelacedredhead
patiphillips42
sanderson
BlackjackWidow
kauairosina
SwampTroll
Kelejan
newbeone
littlejo
Roseinarosecity
Captblacksmithmike
hammock gal
BeetlesPerSqFt
No_Such_Reality
RJARPCGP
chickenlittle
Whyteravyn
farmersgranddaughter
DorothyG
llama momma
trolleydriver
Yardslave
yolos
CapeCoddess
Turan
49 posters

Page 33 of 39 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 39  Next

Go down

How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 33 Empty Re: How's the Weather Where You're At?

Post  plantoid 2/10/2020, 5:11 am

It got a bit windy on Saturday night / Sunday morning , I was awoken about 04.00 hrs by three of next doors 30-40 foot tall 15 inch dia  trunked trees coming down and taking their wooden fence out at the same time .

The weather has eased today Monday morning ,we saw sun at 07.15 hrs for a couple of hours  … Today ( now the sun has gone  Rolling Eyes  ) I'm having all nine new replacement triple glazed windows & frames …. fitted starting today …. Hope they get done before the forecasted snow storms arrive mid Wednesday afternoon .
plantoid
plantoid

Male Posts : 4097

Back to top Go down

How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 33 Empty Re: How's the Weather Where You're At?

Post  yolos 2/10/2020, 3:43 pm

It snowed on Saturday on the north side of Atlanta.  Atlanta Marie did you get any snow?   My daughter was on the north side of Atlanta shopping at the big mall up there and she sent me pictures of the grand kids playing in the snow.
yolos
yolos

Female Posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 2/13/2020, 9:32 am

countrynaturals wrote:Wasn't supposed to freeze last night. Weatherman said so. So, why is there a block of ice in the wild birds' water? Hmmm? get that pesky wabbi
It's been perfect ever since (10 days), with another 10 days of perfect spring weather in the forecast. So, why am I not dancing on the ceiling? Because we're not getting any rain, and that gets us worried about drought and brush fires. affraid They just canceled our fire insurance on Katie's house, yesterday. Also, when it gets this warm, this early, we get concerned about how hot the summer could get, and that gets us worried about $700 electric bills and PG&E power outages every time the wind blows, which it seems to be doing way more than it used to.

I'm spending every minute I can on my garden, now, because I know that when you all are playing outside this summer, I'll be hiding under the bed with a cold glass of water and a fan. hiding
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Female Posts : 5704

http://countrynaturals.com

Back to top Go down

Post  plantoid 2/14/2020, 5:53 pm

Forecast for tonight Friday into Saturday  is  go jump in the river you'll stay dryer .  Laughing

We're due almost 24 hours of 90 mph plus gales and torrential rain.  Many places throughout the UK are on yellow and amber flood alert .   Lots of places are still suffering from flooding since the beginning of the year .   So glad I live on a hill 358 feet above sea level  where torrential rain runs off away from our bungalow .

Took a womble out around the garden this afternoon to secure anything that might become airborne in the storms . 

Our new triple high spec heat insulating UPVC glazing for all nine windows & new letterbox less front door were was finally  completed by 16.30 hrs Thursday . 
It's so effective I've had to turn the  heating down to 17  oC on the main thermostat situated in our hall  & I'm still having to wear just t shirt & jeans , though we will really find out how things are  once the bad weather  arrives .
plantoid
plantoid

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 2/14/2020, 6:08 pm

plantoid wrote:Forecast for tonight Friday into Saturday  is  go jump in the river you'll stay dryer .  Laughing

We're due almost 24 hours of 90 mph plus gales and torrential rain.  Many places throughout the UK are on yellow and amber flood alert .   Lots of places are still suffering from flooding since the beginning of the year .   So glad I live on a hill 358 feet above sea level  where torrential rain runs off away from our bungalow .

Took a womble out around the garden this afternoon to secure anything that might become airborne in the storms . 

Our new triple high spec heat insulating UPVC glazing for all nine windows & new letterbox less front door were was finally  completed by 16.30 hrs Thursday . 
It's so effective I've had to turn the  heating down to 17  oC on the main thermostat situated in our hall  & I'm still having to wear just t shirt & jeans , though we will really find out how things are  once the bad weather  arrives .
YIKES! affraid  Keep us posted, please. hiding
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorpio Rising 2/15/2020, 10:06 am

Stay safe, plantoid!  Bitter cold here...then who knows?
Scorpio Rising
Scorpio Rising

Female Posts : 8737

Back to top Go down

Post  plantoid 2/16/2020, 7:46 am

At the edge of the Amman Valley we have been exceedingly lucky , the storms tore in from the south west and got pushed skywards by the hills that make the Gwendrath valley . In the garden the evening storm dumped a full bucket plus of water in about 12 hrs , the wind  roared through the trees like an express train for much of the night  That triple glazing we've just had put in  is fantastic , I opened the window on night latch to listen to the storm for a few minutes  and was delighted at how much noise it cut out.   Some may thin we have had it bad but it's not been anywhere near as bad as its been 15 miles away .

The " French drain round our bungalow had a good six inches of water in at 22.00 hrs last night , its managed to drain away by 10.00hrs. today .
 It's fantastic to see that the  pure MM in our high raised beds is just over damp  Laughing, I was checking it through the window throughout the afternoon .. it never managed to form a single puddle .  

Several of Alison's Bonsai club members have been unable to make the weekly Sunday morning meet/work session due to fallen trees and flooded roadways halting any further progress.
One guy  only lives seven miles away form the meeting place  , he's tried three different routes and gave up having travelled 52 mile without success. 

The amber storm warnings are still in place  and many red flood warning are now in force  ready for when the torrential rain comes off he hills and floods town centres that were built  in roman times along the courses of streams & rivers. 
 We also have the problem that yesterday morning in the early hours was a spring tide  ( a lunar affected very high tide ) It helped hold back a lot of rain from the previous couple of days .  All the tidal rivers are in spate and the flood pains are well & truly full.
plantoid
plantoid

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 2/16/2020, 9:14 am

Thanks for the update, Plantoid. So glad you got through it, okay. How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 33 43549
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  OhioGardener 2/19/2020, 7:54 am

The Weather service says this year we have had the mildest winter since the winter of 1909-1910.  Has been nice. Still eating fresh lettuce, spinach, and radishes out of the cold frame.

"In short, the soil food web feeds everything you eat and helps keep your favorite planet from getting too hot. Be nice to it."  ~ Diane Miessler, "Grow Your Soil"
OhioGardener
OhioGardener

Forum Moderator

Male Posts : 4551

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkKWnsWrs0RIcyIQD1_Z26g

Back to top Go down

Post  yolos 2/19/2020, 5:23 pm

4.5 inches of rain last week and so far this week 2.5 inches with rain scheduled for 3 of the next 5 days.
yolos
yolos

Back to top Go down

Post  plantoid 2/20/2020, 2:38 pm

Today as been a long cold wet drizzley day for much of the daylight hours .  The weekend coming looks to be a repeat of the bad weather we had last weekend .

Read today we have had 141%  of the average February rainfall by the 18 th day of the month . bounce affraid
plantoid
plantoid

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 2/20/2020, 2:48 pm

plantoid wrote:Today as been a long cold wet drizzley day for much of the daylight hours .  The weekend coming looks to be a repeat of the bad weather we had last weekend .

Read today we have had 141%  of the average February rainfall by the 18 th day of the month . bounce affraid
We're only about half that. Wish we could share. Sad
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 3/6/2020, 7:26 am

Cool and cloudy, today, with actual RAIN FORECAST FOR TONIGHT AND TOMORROW -- a drop of which we have not seen since January. Razz
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  OhioGardener 3/6/2020, 9:18 am

Sunny and warm yesterday, 62°F, and spent the afternoon working in the gardens. Cold and snowing this morning, 34°F, and not going outside.  Typical Ohio weather!

"In short, the soil food web feeds everything you eat and helps keep your favorite planet from getting too hot. Be nice to it."  ~ Diane Miessler, "Grow Your Soil"
OhioGardener
OhioGardener

Forum Moderator

Male Posts : 4551

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkKWnsWrs0RIcyIQD1_Z26g

Back to top Go down

Post  yolos 3/6/2020, 9:27 am

Rain, Rain, Rain.  We had 8 inches of rain in a 6 week period.  The last two days we had 5 inches of rain.  I had to cover 6 of my beds with plastic to keep the rain out so I could start transplanting cool weather crops.
yolos
yolos

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 3/6/2020, 9:57 am

yolos wrote:Rain, Rain, Rain.  We had 8 inches of rain in a 6 week period.  The last two days we had 5 inches of rain.  I had to cover 6 of my beds with plastic to keep the rain out so I could start transplanting cool weather crops.
AARRGGHH!!! This just wrong! How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 33 950477  We need it so badly. very sad
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorpio Rising 3/6/2020, 7:14 pm

Really cold here today, windy!  Hoping for the predicted warm up this Sunday!
Scorpio Rising
Scorpio Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  donnainzone5 3/6/2020, 8:32 pm

We in the Bend, OR area are supposed to get a smidge of snow tonight.  Anything helps!
donnainzone5
donnainzone5

Certified SFG Instructor

Female Posts : 2662

http://www.amway.com/DonnaKBecker

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 3/7/2020, 8:55 am

Been raining all night! I love you  Supposed to rain all day! I love you Life is good! I love you
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  donnainzone5 3/7/2020, 10:41 am

Not a flake!  So much for snow forecasts around here.
donnainzone5
donnainzone5

Certified SFG Instructor

Back to top Go down

Post  Kelejan 3/10/2020, 1:25 pm

Yesterday morning I had 4 inches of snow on my driveway so cleared it.  Then by late afternoon it had had disappeared.

Last week I had four inches of snow on my driveway.  I did not clear it and it froze.

Just can't get anything right. Sad 

This is on British Columbia southern Interior, the bit that sits above part of Washington State, and Idaho and Montana.
Kelejan
Kelejan

Female Posts : 6016

http://www.castlegarinkspot.ca

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 3/14/2020, 9:27 am

Garden on hold for at least 10 days. Mother Nature is trying to make up the rain deficit all at once. Rolling Eyes
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorpio Rising 3/14/2020, 12:09 pm

Cold!
Scorpio Rising
Scorpio Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  donnainzone5 3/14/2020, 1:00 pm

At least 2" of snow on the ground, with a winter weather advisory in effect. Supposedly, we should get about another 4" over the next few days.
donnainzone5
donnainzone5

Certified SFG Instructor

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 3/14/2020, 3:24 pm

Rain was over 12 hours late. It waited for Bob to go next door to feed the chickens. Then it poured, hailed, and dropped slush balls. Now, he's on his way home, chilled and soaked, so it all stopped and the sun is coming out again. Mother Nature has had it for him for almost 30 years, ever since he accidentally brought home some sand from Hawaii (trapped the hem of his swim trunks.) frustration (I think Pele and Mother Nature are sisters.)
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 33 of 39 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 39  Next