Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 15 Toplef10How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 15 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 15 I22gcj10How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 15 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 15 Toplef10How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 15 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 15 I22gcj10How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 15 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Soil Blocks: Tutorial In Photos
by OhioGardener Yesterday at 5:20 pm

» New to SFG in Arlington, Tx
by Scorpio Rising Yesterday at 2:28 pm

» Manure tea overwintered outside - is it safe to use?
by Mhpoole 4/24/2024, 7:08 pm

» Advice on my blend
by donnainzone5 4/24/2024, 12:13 pm

» Senseless Banter...
by OhioGardener 4/24/2024, 8:16 am

» Rhubarb Rhubarb
by sanderson 4/23/2024, 8:52 pm

» What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today
by OhioGardener 4/23/2024, 1:53 pm

» What do I do with tomato plants?
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 4/23/2024, 1:36 am

» N & C Midwest: March and April 2024
by Scorpio Rising 4/22/2024, 4:57 pm

» Kiwi's SFG Adventure
by sanderson 4/22/2024, 2:07 pm

» Sacrificial Tomatoes
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 4/22/2024, 10:36 am

» From the Admin - 4th EDITION of All New Square Foot Gardening is in Progress
by sanderson 4/21/2024, 5:02 pm

» Seedling Identification
by AuntieBeth 4/21/2024, 8:00 am

» Happy Birthday!!
by AtlantaMarie 4/21/2024, 6:56 am

» Three Sisters Thursday
by sanderson 4/20/2024, 5:25 pm

» Recommended store bought compost - Photos of composts
by sanderson 4/20/2024, 3:08 pm

» Compost not hot
by Guinevere 4/19/2024, 11:19 am

» Maybe a silly question but...
by sanderson 4/18/2024, 11:22 pm

» Hi from zone 10B--southern orange county, ca
by sanderson 4/18/2024, 12:25 am

» Asparagus
by OhioGardener 4/17/2024, 6:17 pm

» problems with SFG forum site
by OhioGardener 4/16/2024, 8:04 am

» Strawberries per square foot.
by sanderson 4/16/2024, 4:22 am

» What are you eating from your garden today?
by sanderson 4/16/2024, 4:15 am

» April is Kids Gardening Month!
by sanderson 4/15/2024, 2:37 pm

» Creating A Potager Garden
by sanderson 4/15/2024, 2:33 pm

» Butter Beans????
by OhioGardener 4/13/2024, 5:50 pm

» Companion planting
by sanderson 4/13/2024, 4:24 pm

» First timer in Central Virginia (7b) - newly built beds 2024
by sanderson 4/13/2024, 4:16 pm

» California's Drought
by sanderson 4/10/2024, 1:43 pm

» Anyone Using Agribon Row Cover To Extend The Growing Season?
by sanderson 4/8/2024, 10:28 pm

Google

Search SFG Forum

How's the Weather Where You're At?

+45
OhioGardener
plantoid
Emily49
olivia.walter
High Desert
lvanderb
bgardner
SusanTheWriter
mollyhespra
ralitaco
Dan in Ct
recoush
markqz
LilBittyBean
countrynaturals
Cajun Cappy
ispinwool
donnainzone5
AtlantaMarie
MrBooker
bluelacedredhead
patiphillips42
sanderson
BlackjackWidow
kauairosina
SwampTroll
Kelejan
newbeone
littlejo
Roseinarosecity
Captblacksmithmike
hammock gal
BeetlesPerSqFt
No_Such_Reality
RJARPCGP
chickenlittle
Whyteravyn
farmersgranddaughter
DorothyG
llama momma
trolleydriver
Yardslave
yolos
CapeCoddess
Turan
49 posters

Page 15 of 39 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 27 ... 39  Next

Go down

How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 15 Empty Re: How's the Weather Where You're At?

Post  yolos 3/20/2019, 11:35 pm

Today was T-Shirt weather.  Sunny and nice with a little breeze.
yolos
yolos

Female Posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 15 Empty Re: How's the Weather Where You're At?

Post  countrynaturals 3/23/2019, 7:21 pm

Bright sunshine, dramatic clouds, rain, thunder & lightning -- ALL AT THE SAME TIME! affraid
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Female Posts : 5704

http://countrynaturals.com

Back to top Go down

Post  OhioGardener 3/23/2019, 7:45 pm

Beautiful spring day here in SW Ohio! Got a lot of yard & garden work done in today's T-Shirt weather.  Pulled the mulch back on one bed so that the soil can start warming in order to be ready for the chard, kale, and onion transplants.  Emptied two compost tumbler bins into the storage tank, and started a new tumbler bin with neighbor's juicing pulp and Starbucks coffee grounds. The Winter Rye cover crops on all the beds except the one that was mulched is growing by leaps and bounds with the warming weather. Tomorrow will see the starting of tomato seeds....

"In short, the soil food web feeds everything you eat and helps keep your favorite planet from getting too hot. Be nice to it."  ~ Diane Miessler, "Grow Your Soil"
OhioGardener
OhioGardener

Forum Moderator

Male Posts : 4517

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkKWnsWrs0RIcyIQD1_Z26g

Back to top Go down

Post  donnainzone5 3/23/2019, 8:26 pm

Warming up somewhat, but patches of snow--some deep--still exist.

Light rain showers, with possible flurries expected off and on this week.
donnainzone5
donnainzone5

Certified SFG Instructor

Female Posts : 2662

http://www.amway.com/DonnaKBecker

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorpio Rising 3/23/2019, 10:15 pm

Cold but promising!  Will start maters tomorrow under lights.  Radishes, spinaches, etc peas going out tomorrow!!!  See Midwest
Scorpio Rising
Scorpio Rising

Female Posts : 8712

Back to top Go down

Post  AtlantaMarie 3/24/2019, 7:57 am

Absolutely gorgeous this morning! Too bad I'm stuck inside working....
AtlantaMarie
AtlantaMarie

Certified SFG Instructor

Female Posts : 5602

http://www.defensivespecialties.com

Back to top Go down

Post  yolos 3/24/2019, 8:33 pm

AtlantaMarie wrote:Absolutely gorgeous this morning!  Too bad I'm stuck inside working....
At least you were not breathing in gallons of pollen.  My clothes and shoes are covered in pollen.  I wonder what my lungs look like.
yolos
yolos

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorpio Rising 3/24/2019, 9:40 pm

Normal for early spring!
Scorpio Rising
Scorpio Rising

Female Posts : 8712

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson 3/25/2019, 3:15 am

yolos wrote:
AtlantaMarie wrote:Absolutely gorgeous this morning!  Too bad I'm stuck inside working....
At least you were not breathing in gallons of pollen.  My clothes and shoes are covered in pollen.  I wonder what my lungs look like.
Pollen is not a joke. When I worked in the mountains, I had to wash the front windshield to drive home. Pine pollen.

Find more about Weather in Fresno, CA
Click for weather forecast
sanderson
sanderson

Forum Administrator

Female Posts : 21546

https://connect.xfinity.com/appsuite/#!!&app=io.ox/mail&

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 3/25/2019, 10:08 am

The nice weather in our forecast went the way of the wild goose. Now, all they're talking about is more rain. I will have to up-pot all of my seedlings, since there's no way to prepare anymore outside beds this week. Grrrrr!
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  OhioGardener 3/25/2019, 7:36 pm

sanderson wrote:
yolos wrote:
Pollen is not a joke.  When I worked in the mountains, I had to wash the front windshield to drive home.  Pine pollen.

When we lived in Chamblee, Georgia, the pollen from the tall Georgia Pines coated everything with pollen - cars, houses, sidewalks/driveways, gardens - and, everything was yellow. Mowing grass was like a yellow dust bowl!  Fortunately, we did not have allergies to it.

"In short, the soil food web feeds everything you eat and helps keep your favorite planet from getting too hot. Be nice to it."  ~ Diane Miessler, "Grow Your Soil"
OhioGardener
OhioGardener

Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  yolos 3/25/2019, 10:53 pm

OhioGardener wrote:
sanderson wrote:
yolos wrote:
Pollen is not a joke.  When I worked in the mountains, I had to wash the front windshield to drive home.  Pine pollen.

When we lived in Chamblee, Georgia, the pollen from the tall Georgia Pines coated everything with pollen - cars, houses, sidewalks/driveways, gardens - and, everything was yellow. Mowing grass was like a yellow dust bowl!  Fortunately, we did not have allergies to it.
Ohio Gardener is 100% correct.  I walk out to the garden to just see what needs to be done.  Then come back to the house to get a tool or plant.  For just that short trip to the garden and back my shoes (Sloggers) have turned from blue/red/green to 100% yellow.  My back porch (which has beige tiles) is covered in yellow pollen.  When you look up into the pine trees you can actually see the big clumps of pollen.  And it will be like this until the last week in April or first week in May.
yolos
yolos

Back to top Go down

Post  CapeCoddess 3/26/2019, 2:32 pm

Our weather is looking up - 40's day, 20's-30's nights.  Not looking forward to the pollen tho.  Mad
CapeCoddess
CapeCoddess

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 3/27/2019, 7:02 pm

We've had clouds, rain, sun, rain, thunder & lightning, more rain, more sun, then hail, followed 5 minutes later by sun, then more thunder, then more hail, and now more sun. I think we're in for more of the same . . . yup, here it all comes again. Shocked

How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 15 Hailde10
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson 3/29/2019, 4:02 pm

Shocked

Find more about Weather in Fresno, CA
Click for weather forecast
sanderson
sanderson

Forum Administrator

Female Posts : 21546

https://connect.xfinity.com/appsuite/#!!&app=io.ox/mail&

Back to top Go down

Post  Kelejan 3/29/2019, 4:26 pm

Snow is gone in most of our community, just a few bits here and there, mostly on Kelejan's garden. I must get down to work tomorrow.

But where do I start?  Picking up the dog poo left there this winter, courtesy of all the owners of big dogs who let them go wherever they want.

It will not change, so that is a reason that makes me want to leave. All these big dogs seem to be under a year old and untrained.
Kelejan
Kelejan

Female Posts : 6016

http://www.castlegarinkspot.ca

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 4/2/2019, 11:30 am

And yet still even more RAIN!  I had to make an appointment to see the sun -- April 10 -- that's it for the next 10 days. How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 15 671790
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 15 Empty Things are look'n up.

Post  MrBooker 4/2/2019, 1:55 pm

I think we survived another winter here in S/W Illinois. I was able to plant 24 hills of red potatoes
yesterday, April fools day, and will plant some Oregon sugar pod peas today.

It's getting up into the upper 60's the next few days and into the lower 70's by the 1'st of the week. I have to rebuild one of my 4x8 beds as the boards are starting to rot..

I'm NOT listening to that little voice in my head saying "It's time to plant, It's time to plant" Twisted Evil
NOOoooo it AINT..  I jump the gun almost EVERY year but NOT this time. Aint gunna happen.

MrBooker
MrBooker

Male Posts : 736

Back to top Go down

Post  Kelejan 4/2/2019, 2:44 pm

Always good to be prepared for anything, Mr. Booker.
Kelejan
Kelejan

Female Posts : 6016

http://www.castlegarinkspot.ca

Back to top Go down

Post  MrBooker 4/2/2019, 3:19 pm

Kelejan wrote:Always good to be prepared for anything, Mr. Booker.
Very true. My wife always says "better to have and not need than too need and not have".
If we over plant, we'll share with neighbors or donate to our senior citizens center.
MrBooker
MrBooker

Back to top Go down

Post  OhioGardener 4/2/2019, 8:16 pm

MrBooker wrote:
Kelejan wrote:Always good to be prepared for anything, Mr. Booker.
Very true. My wife always says "better to have and not need than too need and not have".
If we over plant, we'll share with neighbors or donate to our senior citizens center.

We always have more than we can use, and give a lot to the local food banks or soup kitchens - they always appreciate fresh vegetables.  But, we can & freeze enough that they last through the winter and into the next growing season - the only thing we still have to buy is perishables such as salad makings. This winter, for the first time, I grew enough lettuce indoors for our salads - that was really nice!

OhioGardener
OhioGardener

Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  plantoid 4/4/2019, 10:35 am

over the last 36 hours we have had the whole gamut of weather .

Tuesday afternoon I ws  out in the garden in a Tee shirt lovely warm sunny weather  sunny yesterday morning it was foggy & mizzley affraid .  Which  turned to light rain by lunch time it had become an hour or so of 1/4" hailstones that hurt like mad when you got hit with a few. by evening meal time we'd had several five minutes sessions of wind driven sleet  the cold moist air was like a knife cutting through  a jacket & jeans Evil or Very Mad .  Late last night by about 21.30 hrs the air temp dropped to 34 oF ( 1oC). What a Face
we had  grit lorries were working throughout the night as it rained hard  several times and washed the salt grit off the road on the big long hill where we live Shocked .  

At 05.30 I was woken by yet another gritter lorry , looked out the window and in the half light of morning saw it was snowing hard .
 eventually got up at 07.45 hrs  the snow had stopped & it was raining  On the hills four miles away @ 300 mtrs elevation ( 950 feet) the tops had a thick blanket of snow which has now become even more pronounced and whiter .

It's too gnawing cold to get out into my mancupboard to play , same in the greenhouse and the office. Daytime TV is about as inspiring as a cowpat  so for me  much of the day has been a duvet day .  thinking

Now 14.30 hrs GMT ( 15 .30 british summer time ) it's being cheeky , it's neither snowing nor raining , the wind has dropped and the sun is desperately trying to show it's face through heavily overcast skies  , . but it looks like it's going to be a terminal case . How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 15 3555472862

Looks like I'll have to brave the dog &  kitchen to go and make another half pint mug of hot chocolate ….as I said it's a duvet day .  Sad
plantoid
plantoid

Male Posts : 4096

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 4/4/2019, 11:07 am

OMG! Plantoid! I thought we had weather. You get the prize this week, fer shure. affraid
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  MrBooker 4/4/2019, 3:14 pm

Going up into the mid 70's here in s/w Illinois  over the weekend.  Going to plant lettuce, radish and green onions. Our last frost date is April, 15th.
MrBooker
MrBooker

Back to top Go down

Post  trolleydriver 4/4/2019, 3:43 pm

Tonight going down to -12C (10F) then starting to warm up with overnight temps above freezing and daytime temps on the weekend at +12C (54F).  This has been one long, snowy, cold winter.
trolleydriver

Forum Moderator

Male Posts : 5395

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 39 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 27 ... 39  Next