Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
California - What are you doing this month? - Page 7 Toplef10California - What are you doing this month? - Page 7 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

California - What are you doing this month? - Page 7 I22gcj10California - What are you doing this month? - Page 7 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
California - What are you doing this month? - Page 7 Toplef10California - What are you doing this month? - Page 7 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

California - What are you doing this month? - Page 7 I22gcj10California - What are you doing this month? - Page 7 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Ohio Gardener's Greenhouse
by OhioGardener Today at 10:20 am

» Lovage, has anyone grown, or used
by OhioGardener Yesterday at 4:45 pm

» N & C Midwest: March and April 2024
by OhioGardener Yesterday at 10:19 am

» New to SFG in Arlington, Tx
by sanderson 4/26/2024, 3:13 pm

» Soil Blocks: Tutorial In Photos
by OhioGardener 4/25/2024, 5:20 pm

» Manure tea overwintered outside - is it safe to use?
by Mhpoole 4/24/2024, 7:08 pm

» Advice on my blend
by donnainzone5 4/24/2024, 12:13 pm

» Senseless Banter...
by OhioGardener 4/24/2024, 8:16 am

» Rhubarb Rhubarb
by sanderson 4/23/2024, 8:52 pm

» What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today
by OhioGardener 4/23/2024, 1:53 pm

» What do I do with tomato plants?
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 4/23/2024, 1:36 am

» Kiwi's SFG Adventure
by sanderson 4/22/2024, 2:07 pm

» Sacrificial Tomatoes
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 4/22/2024, 10:36 am

» From the Admin - 4th EDITION of All New Square Foot Gardening is in Progress
by sanderson 4/21/2024, 5:02 pm

» Seedling Identification
by AuntieBeth 4/21/2024, 8:00 am

» Happy Birthday!!
by AtlantaMarie 4/21/2024, 6:56 am

» Three Sisters Thursday
by sanderson 4/20/2024, 5:25 pm

» Recommended store bought compost - Photos of composts
by sanderson 4/20/2024, 3:08 pm

» Compost not hot
by Guinevere 4/19/2024, 11:19 am

» Maybe a silly question but...
by sanderson 4/18/2024, 11:22 pm

» Hi from zone 10B--southern orange county, ca
by sanderson 4/18/2024, 12:25 am

» Asparagus
by OhioGardener 4/17/2024, 6:17 pm

» problems with SFG forum site
by OhioGardener 4/16/2024, 8:04 am

» Strawberries per square foot.
by sanderson 4/16/2024, 4:22 am

» What are you eating from your garden today?
by sanderson 4/16/2024, 4:15 am

» April is Kids Gardening Month!
by sanderson 4/15/2024, 2:37 pm

» Creating A Potager Garden
by sanderson 4/15/2024, 2:33 pm

» Butter Beans????
by OhioGardener 4/13/2024, 5:50 pm

» Companion planting
by sanderson 4/13/2024, 4:24 pm

» First timer in Central Virginia (7b) - newly built beds 2024
by sanderson 4/13/2024, 4:16 pm

Google

Search SFG Forum

California - What are you doing this month?

+18
farmersgranddaughter
BlackjackWidow
Scorpio Rising
Yardslave
sanderson
countrynaturals
trolleydriver
Nakajimaa
yolos
AtlantaMarie
No_Such_Reality
Robbomb116
Mellen
has55
BeetlesPerSqFt
CapeCoddess
audrey.jeanne.roberts
Turan
22 posters

Page 7 of 22 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14 ... 22  Next

Go down

California - What are you doing this month? - Page 7 Empty Re: California - What are you doing this month?

Post  sanderson 9/27/2017, 9:32 pm

Thank you. You must have seen my post that was only part way completed. I accidentally hit Send, then had to edit.

Find more about Weather in Fresno, CA
Click for weather forecast
sanderson
sanderson

Forum Administrator

Female Posts : 21547

https://connect.xfinity.com/appsuite/#!!&app=io.ox/mail&

Back to top Go down

California - What are you doing this month? - Page 7 Empty Re: California - What are you doing this month?

Post  countrynaturals 9/27/2017, 9:48 pm

trolleydriver wrote:Very nice.
   California - What are you doing this month? - Page 7 3170584802
Love it! I love you
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Female Posts : 5704

http://countrynaturals.com

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson 9/27/2017, 11:17 pm

countrynaturals wrote:What's growing in that bed?
In the table top to the right? 16 peppers that are now blooming like crazy. Unfortunately, they are coming out in about 3 weeks to make room for the winter plants. Sad

sanderson
sanderson

Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson 9/28/2017, 3:20 am

yolos wrote:Sanderson - you can always try growing your sweet potato vines vertically.
California - What are you doing this month? - Page 7 Sweet_11
Yolos, I never replied. I read about using tomato cages for sweet potatoes. That may work with the totes. I also have a 2x2 bed that I could use with a 2' wide trellis. thinking

sanderson
sanderson

Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  has55 9/28/2017, 9:02 am

trolleydriver wrote:Very nice.
   California - What are you doing this month? - Page 7 3170584802
+1 beautiful
I see you still have the shade cloth up, what's the temp?
has55
has55

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson 9/28/2017, 12:50 pm

The one photo with the shade cloth was taken a few days prior during the final heat wave. I forgot to take a "before" photo so I used that photo, It has since been removed now that the temps are 80-90*F. I was sick for 2 weeks during the first cool break and am just now getting to the fall clean-up.

sanderson
sanderson

Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson 10/2/2017, 2:34 am

Today I unloaded the 4th batch of compost from the Lifetime Tumbler and made #5.  This is what a finished batch looks like, still lumpy with pasteurized horse pucks!  (pile #3)  
California - What are you doing this month? - Page 7 Compos22

This is what it looks like after a few months in the beds, under straw mulch, after the worms and microorganisms are done with it.   Very Happy  California - What are you doing this month? - Page 7 Compos21

I consider Berkeley hot compost to be safe and ready for the beds, not necessarily to feed the current plants, but as nutrients for the next season plants.  Right now I am pulling summer plants from the beds and adding new compost, roughly mixing it in.  What a pleasure working on the beds with the new wood chip isles

Here are my starts for October 1 planting. Razz  I was 3 weeks late starting the seedlings so they are a little behind schedule. California - What are you doing this month? - Page 7 Seedli10

sanderson
sanderson

Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  trolleydriver 10/2/2017, 8:02 am

Fantastic Sanderson.  California - What are you doing this month? - Page 7 3170584802
trolleydriver

Forum Moderator

Male Posts : 5395

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 10/2/2017, 8:35 pm

Transplanted kale and artichoke babies. Direct sowed sugar snap peas. Mulched the Daikon radishes. They were getting very leggy. I'm hoping the leaves I put around them will straighten them up without smothering. Next is the plastic cup treatment for parsnips and turnips. flower
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson 10/3/2017, 3:41 am

My husband has two sons, one of who lives in Las Vegas. Ken's granddaughter did not go with her friends to the Route 91 Harvest Festival because she had a 7 am class Monday morning. She would have attended with a couple of friends. Both of her friends were shot, the young man in the stomach and the young woman in the chest. Both are in critical condition. We are so thankful that she did not go, that her decision to return to college kept her home and early to bed.

sanderson
sanderson

Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  trolleydriver 10/3/2017, 8:17 am

sanderson wrote:My husband has two sons, one of who lives in Las Vegas.  Ken's granddaughter did not go with her friends to the Route 91 Harvest Festival because she had a 7 am class Monday morning.  She would have attended with a couple of friends.  Both of her friends were shot, the young man in the stomach and the young woman in the chest.  Both are in critical condition.  We are so thankful that she did not go, that her decision to return to college kept her home and early to bed.
Ken's granddaughter made a very wise decision. How sad for those who were there and whose joy has been turned to mourning  ... those who lost their lives, those who were injured, those who have been traumatized by what happened as well as all their families and friends who have been touched by the cruel, wicked, violent action of one man. 
Sad
trolleydriver

Forum Moderator

Male Posts : 5395

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 10/3/2017, 11:40 am

sanderson wrote:My husband has two sons, one of who lives in Las Vegas.  Ken's granddaughter did not go with her friends to the Route 91 Harvest Festival because she had a 7 am class Monday morning.  She would have attended with a couple of friends.  Both of her friends were shot, the young man in the stomach and the young woman in the chest.  Both are in critical condition.  We are so thankful that she did not go, that her decision to return to college kept her home and early to bed.
OMIGOSH, S! That's a wake-up call for all of us. Makes me want to hug everyone I love and be so thankful I can do that. Giant {{HUGS}} of relief to you and Ken and sympathy hugs to the 2 friends and their families.  Sad
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  CapeCoddess 10/3/2017, 12:26 pm

Aw Sanderson and Ken...what a horrible thing to have to go through...for the whole family.  Granddaughter must be feeling devastated and confused.  Poor thing.    Sending healing vibes your way.
CapeCoddess
CapeCoddess

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson 10/3/2017, 2:55 pm

Positive news on the young man. The bullet nicked his colon, which surgery repaired. He was exhausted, but awake, last night. Very Happy

sanderson
sanderson

Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 10/3/2017, 3:40 pm

sanderson wrote:Positive news on the young man.  The bullet nicked his colon, which surgery repaired.  He was exhausted, but awake, last night. Very Happy
smiles Fingers crossed now for the young woman. I love you
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 10/4/2017, 1:55 pm

countrynaturals wrote:
sanderson wrote:Positive news on the young man.  The bullet nicked his colon, which surgery repaired.  He was exhausted, but awake, last night. Very Happy
smiles Fingers crossed now for the young woman. I love you
Any updates?
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson 10/4/2017, 10:03 pm

Finally have an update.  Getting information through two males is like pulling teeth.   Shocked  The young man is progressing nicely.  His girlfriend received a through-and-through bullet through a breast, so she has already been discharged.  More information: a third member of granddaughter's group, a second young woman, was shot in the chest and is still in the hospital.  No further information about her status.  I also just found out today that granddaughter had attended the event for the past 2 years. Thank goodness she was back in college.

sanderson
sanderson

Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  No_Such_Reality 10/5/2017, 10:01 am

Glad the grandkids are okay and others are doing alright considering the events.
No_Such_Reality

Male Posts : 666

Back to top Go down

Post  AtlantaMarie 10/6/2017, 1:30 pm

Good heavens, Sanderson! So sorry to hear about this! Glad your GD wasn't there.... Sending healing thoughts to those who were....
AtlantaMarie
AtlantaMarie

Certified SFG Instructor

Female Posts : 5602

http://www.defensivespecialties.com

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 10/7/2017, 5:45 pm

Planted turnip & parsnip seeds in the Salad Bar and sugar snap peas along the fence. Transplanted celery, cauliflower, broccoli, and Brussels Sprouts in the ground. Planted Yukon Gold and small red potatoes in boxes that used to be horse feeders. All I have left to do is plant Walla Walla sets in containers around the property. Cool
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 10/10/2017, 5:40 pm

I got my Walla Walla onion starts, but the air is too smoky to go outside and plant them. Sad This horrific fire season is heartbreaking on too many levels. Sad Sad Sad
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 10/12/2017, 9:35 pm

Finally got my onions planted and lots of mulching done on my containers. We still have tons of leaves on the ground and the trees have barely started to shed, so I'll have all the leaf mulch I could possibly use. happy turtle
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson 10/14/2017, 3:48 pm

We are packing to leave for the coast, Pismo Beach.  The winter seedlings are not big enough to transplant so I put the 8-packs in a small table top and covered with bridal tulle (that was washed, labeled and packed away for the summer).  Guess who just fluttered by 5 minutes ago! Razz  The photo isn't the greatest due to the sun and white tulle. California - What are you doing this month? - Page 7 Seedli10

sanderson
sanderson

Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson 10/15/2017, 12:23 pm

In Pismo Beach.  I'm glad I posted the above photo so I can look at my seedlings while I am away from them.

Smokey air all the way over to the coast. Shocked  No fires in this part of the State, though.

sanderson
sanderson

Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson 10/15/2017, 1:55 pm

Yardslave, how is the air quality there?  We are in pis I and are driving up highway 1 or 101.

sanderson
sanderson

Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 22 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14 ... 22  Next