Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
Bird's Eye View of Your Garden - Page 2 Toplef10Bird's Eye View of Your Garden - Page 2 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

Bird's Eye View of Your Garden - Page 2 I22gcj10Bird's Eye View of Your Garden - Page 2 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
Bird's Eye View of Your Garden - Page 2 Toplef10Bird's Eye View of Your Garden - Page 2 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

Bird's Eye View of Your Garden - Page 2 I22gcj10Bird's Eye View of Your Garden - Page 2 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Assistance Needed: Sugar Snap Peas Yellowing and Wilting
by sanderson Today at 3:39 pm

» Mark's first SFG
by markqz Today at 11:23 am

» N & C Midwest—May 2024
by Scorpio Rising Today at 10:48 am

» OMG, GMO from an unexpected place.
by sanderson Today at 1:57 am

» Greetings from Southport NC
by ralitaco 4/29/2024, 9:47 pm

» N & C Midwest: March and April 2024
by Scorpio Rising 4/29/2024, 1:30 pm

» Lovage, has anyone grown, or used
by OhioGardener 4/29/2024, 12:27 pm

» Ohio Gardener's Greenhouse
by OhioGardener 4/28/2024, 10:20 am

» New to SFG in Arlington, Tx
by sanderson 4/26/2024, 3:13 pm

» Soil Blocks: Tutorial In Photos
by OhioGardener 4/25/2024, 5:20 pm

» Manure tea overwintered outside - is it safe to use?
by Mhpoole 4/24/2024, 7:08 pm

» Advice on my blend
by donnainzone5 4/24/2024, 12:13 pm

» Senseless Banter...
by OhioGardener 4/24/2024, 8:16 am

» Rhubarb Rhubarb
by sanderson 4/23/2024, 8:52 pm

» What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today
by OhioGardener 4/23/2024, 1:53 pm

» What do I do with tomato plants?
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 4/23/2024, 1:36 am

» Kiwi's SFG Adventure
by sanderson 4/22/2024, 2:07 pm

» Sacrificial Tomatoes
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 4/22/2024, 10:36 am

» From the Admin - 4th EDITION of All New Square Foot Gardening is in Progress
by sanderson 4/21/2024, 5:02 pm

» Seedling Identification
by AuntieBeth 4/21/2024, 8:00 am

» Happy Birthday!!
by AtlantaMarie 4/21/2024, 6:56 am

» Three Sisters Thursday
by sanderson 4/20/2024, 5:25 pm

» Recommended store bought compost - Photos of composts
by sanderson 4/20/2024, 3:08 pm

» Compost not hot
by Guinevere 4/19/2024, 11:19 am

» Maybe a silly question but...
by sanderson 4/18/2024, 11:22 pm

» Hi from zone 10B--southern orange county, ca
by sanderson 4/18/2024, 12:25 am

» Asparagus
by OhioGardener 4/17/2024, 6:17 pm

» problems with SFG forum site
by OhioGardener 4/16/2024, 8:04 am

» Strawberries per square foot.
by sanderson 4/16/2024, 4:22 am

» What are you eating from your garden today?
by sanderson 4/16/2024, 4:15 am

Google

Search SFG Forum

Bird's Eye View of Your Garden

+10
countrynaturals
yolos
CapeCoddess
Scorpio Rising
llama momma
GWN
Jaffa55
ralitaco
trolleydriver
sanderson
14 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Bird's Eye View of Your Garden - Page 2 Empty Re: Bird's Eye View of Your Garden

Post  Scorpio Rising 3/11/2017, 10:05 pm

CapeCoddess wrote:
Scorpio Rising wrote:How are you guys doing this?  I cannot get a picture of my house aerially.

Me either. Everytime I try to zoom in close enough to see my SFG it turns sideways and I get a shot of the front of the yard and house, showing my mother and her friends sitting on the front porch.
Rolling Eyes
Hahaha!
Scorpio Rising
Scorpio Rising

Female Posts : 8719

Back to top Go down

Bird's Eye View of Your Garden - Page 2 Empty Re: Bird's Eye View of Your Garden

Post  BeetlesPerSqFt 3/11/2017, 10:27 pm

CapeCoddess wrote:
Scorpio Rising wrote:How are you guys doing this?  I cannot get a picture of my house aerially.

Me either. Everytime I try to zoom in close enough to see my SFG it turns sideways and I get a shot of the front of the yard and house, showing my mother and her friends sitting on the front porch.
Rolling Eyes
Laughing Mine vanishes! Looks like it turns into a pile of rubble. There was, I've heard, a 'bunker' here before the house, so I guess the street view precedes the house being delivered/built.
BeetlesPerSqFt
BeetlesPerSqFt

Female Posts : 1440

Back to top Go down

Post  GWN 3/12/2017, 10:42 am

I wonder who will be the first to have a drone camera showing pictures of their garden.
Should be quite interesting, I would love it.

My picture of my garden was taken with a drone.Smile
GWN
GWN

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 3/12/2017, 11:22 am

GWN wrote:I thought I would try posting this here, now that I have just learned how to.  As you can see my situation is very different from most people here. I have 1.8 acres. , about 1 acre is in trees though. So from the front of this picture down the left along fence are raspberries/blackberries and then a little in from them the big bushy grapes, then going back are the SFGs and I have about 1100 sq ft of them. Down the right side are raspberries, and behind house is my BTE garden.  Many of the SFG do not show as they are obscured by fruit trees that I have about 10 of.  Sorry for duplicate posting.

Bird's Eye View of Your Garden - Page 2 Xgl2d611
Ooo, this is what our place wants to be when it grows up. I love you We have 2.5 acres. About half of it is horse and goat areas. We have been here 4 years, but the first 3 were in drought, so we couldn't do much. Now we're expanding, but don't want to start in any new areas because we're "water shy" of future shortages, so we're adding more gardens where we already have irrigation. Love your setup. Bird's Eye View of Your Garden - Page 2 3170584802
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Female Posts : 5704

http://countrynaturals.com

Back to top Go down

Post  GWN 3/12/2017, 11:27 am

Ooo, this is what our place wants to be when it grows up. Bird's Eye View of Your Garden - Page 2 Herz We have 2.5 acres. About half of it is horse and goat areas. We have been here 4 years, but the first 3 were in drought, so we couldn't do much. Now we're expanding, but don't want to start in any new areas because we're "water shy" of future shortages, so we're adding more gardens where we already have irrigation. Love your setup. Bird's Eye View of Your Garden - Page 2 3170584802

It is kind of funny, but I just posted on the butterfly site, being envious of your  place, in that you said you have a view.  We have no water shortage here, but I still try to conserve. I have neighbours on both sides who only  have lawn and they water an acre of lawn every day.  In fact, I am pretty sure that is what killed one of my grape plants this year, I think it drowned.
GWN
GWN

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 3/12/2017, 11:34 am

ralitaco wrote:very nice. How far back do you go?
The picture is pretty close to showing the whole thing. There's a steep drop at the back that goes down to a seasonal creek, not on our property, so nobody can build back there. The goats and horses use our side of that area, but it's too steep and rocky for human use. Beyond that, the whole area drops down gradually to the valley floor, making for great views.  Cool
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 3/12/2017, 11:39 am

yolos wrote:Not a very good shot but it is all I can seem to get.  This picture is a few years old so about the only value in posting it here is to show all the trees surrounding my garden.  The garden is in the lower middle portion of the picture surrounded on three sides by trees.  Thanks ralitaco I finally figured out how to save it to word and then save it as a jpg file.
Bird's Eye View of Your Garden - Page 2 Google10
Beautiful setup. Are those garden beds in front of south-facing windows on the house? Does my X-ray vision see happy plants behind them, laughing at winter? geek
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 3/12/2017, 11:42 am

jimmy cee wrote:I wonder who will be the first to have a drone camera showing pictures of their garden.
I'm gonna ask around and see if I know anybody who has one. That would really be fun. Very Happy
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  yolos 3/12/2017, 11:46 am

sanderson wrote:Yolos,  Beautiful spread.  I think your house is as big as my whole lot! Shocked
That is possible.  It was built as a Four Generation house.  My mother died and my dad was becoming forgetful and lived down in the Florida Keys.  My daughter was married about a year before we built this house and lived around the corner from me in my old house.  We were all paying separately for water, electric, cable, garbage, pool upkeep, etc so all three of us sold our houses and had this house built.  The house is built in an L shape with a garage in the corner of the L.  There is a 1200 square foot apartment over the garage and partially over my side of the house that was built for my father.  Kitchen, bedroom and large family room with his own entrance and a small porch extending out.  I have a 1200 square foot apartment on the smaller leg of the L.  Bedroom, Office, Kitchen and large family room with my own entrance.  It has a very large screened porch attached.  Then my daughter and her husband have the larger portion of the L.  The house is on a slight slope so we had them put in a basement for any grandchildren that might come along.  When my grandson was born, we finished the basement.  My daughters side of the house also has a long, big porch.  So a lot of what you see in the roof line is porches.

We never made it to Four Generations living in the house.  My father died a year before my grandson was born.  So now we use his portion of the house as a guest apartment.  We can have guests who are out of our hair a lot of the time and can make their own breakfast or lunch when it suits them.  It also stays clean with no one messing it up between visits so we do not panic whenever someone says they want to come visit.
yolos
yolos

Female Posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  GWN 3/12/2017, 12:54 pm

That is possible.  It was built as a Four Generation house.  My mother died and my dad was becoming forgetful and lived down in the Florida Keys.  My daughter was married about a year before we built this house and lived around the corner from me in my old house.  We were all paying separately for water, electric, cable, garbage, pool upkeep, etc so all three of us sold our houses and had this house built.  The house is built in an L shape with a garage in the corner of the L.  There is a 1200 square foot apartment over the garage and partially over my side of the house that was built for my father.  Kitchen, bedroom and large family room with his own entrance and a small porch extending out.  I have a 1200 square foot apartment on the smaller leg of the L.  Bedroom, Office, Kitchen and large family room with my own entrance.  It has a very large screened porch attached.  Then my daughter and her husband have the larger portion of the L.  The house is on a slight slope so we had them put in a basement for any grandchildren that might come along.  When my grandson was born, we finished the basement.  My daughters side of the house also has a long, big porch.  So a lot of what you see in the roof line is porches.

What a wonderful story/concept.  Seems it would make so much sense,  with regards to child care/elder care/care for the home when you are way.  NICE
GWN
GWN

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson 3/12/2017, 4:00 pm

countrynaturals wrote:
jimmy cee wrote:I wonder who will be the first to have a drone camera showing pictures of their garden.
I'm gonna ask around and see if I know anybody who has one. That would really be fun. Very Happy
Thanks, guys. I had a nightmare that there was a drone over my backyard!

Find more about Weather in Fresno, CA
Click for weather forecast
sanderson
sanderson

Forum Administrator

Female Posts : 21552

https://connect.xfinity.com/appsuite/#!!&app=io.ox/mail&

Back to top Go down

Post  GWN 3/12/2017, 4:15 pm

I had a nightmare that there was a drone over my backyard!

you sure it was a dream? I have heard that ?? fedex was using them.
GWN
GWN

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson 3/13/2017, 2:25 am

Very Happy Yep a dream. No flying fedex here.

sanderson
sanderson

Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  jimmy cee 3/13/2017, 10:25 am

yolos wrote:
sanderson wrote:Yolos,  Beautiful spread.  I think your house is as big as my whole lot! Shocked

We never made it to Four Generations living in the house.  My father died a year before my grandson was born.  So now we use his portion of the house as a guest apartment.  We can have guests who are out of our hair a lot of the time and can make their own breakfast or lunch when it suits them.  It also stays clean with no one messing it up between visits so we do not panic whenever someone says they want to come visit.

My son is adding an addition for me onto his house now. As soon as I move in it will become a 3 generation home.
Hopefully  I'll be around to see a fourth generation.
jimmy cee
jimmy cee

Certified SFG Instructor

Male Posts : 2215

Back to top Go down

Post  CapeCoddess 3/13/2017, 11:44 am

ralitaco wrote:
CapeCoddess wrote:Everytime I try to zoom in close enough to see my SFG it turns sideways and I get a shot of the front of the yard and house, showing my mother and her friends sitting on the front porch.
Rolling Eyes
When you zoom in too much, google switches to street view. Just zoom out 1 click and grab the screenshot. Then crop the photo so it is just your lot.

OK, I did this thinking it was a great idea but the resulting photo is too blurry to make out anything, even if left smallish.
CapeCoddess
CapeCoddess

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 3/13/2017, 12:17 pm

jimmy cee wrote:

My son is adding an addition for me onto his house now. As soon as I move in it will become a 3 generation home.
Hopefully  I'll be around to see a fourth generation.
We're 2-generational on the same property under separate roofs. 3rd generation across town with a wedding coming in June and 4th generation already in the plans.  Bird's Eye View of Your Garden - Page 2 3170584802
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson 12/20/2017, 12:52 pm

Bump

New members may enjoy this. Very Happy

sanderson
sanderson

Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 12/20/2017, 1:29 pm

sanderson wrote:Bump

New members may enjoy this. Very Happy
Thanks, S. I was up on the roof of the new workshop, helping Hubby lay down tar paper, when I discovered this perfect bird's eye view of the yard.

Bird's Eye View of Your Garden - Page 2 Chicke11
Here's the chicken coop/aviary in the middle. To the left is the compost heap. on the right is the volunteer zinnia patch -- all finished for this year.

More later. Time to go get my hair done for Christmas.
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 1/28/2018, 11:56 am

I got a drone/camera for Christmas, so expect me to blow up this thread when I figure out how to use it. Rolling Eyes
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  trolleydriver 1/28/2018, 1:54 pm

countrynaturals wrote:I got a drone/camera for Christmas, so expect me to blow up this thread when I figure out how to use it. Rolling Eyes
Me too CN.  I'm hoping I can keep the drone under control long enough to take a video of my SFG. I have to wait for the snow to be gone before I can try it outside. My indoor attempts with drone have only been partially successful. I can picture that drone being all entangled in the nylon netting on one of my SFG trellises.  Very Happy
trolleydriver

Forum Moderator

Male Posts : 5395

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson 1/28/2018, 3:02 pm

Have fun you two!

sanderson
sanderson

Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson 4/18/2018, 4:40 am

Any one want to add an aerial photo of their lot or update an older one with their new Christmas drone? Razz I checked Google and their isn't a new view of my lot to update.

sanderson
sanderson

Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  trolleydriver 4/18/2018, 7:48 am

sanderson wrote:Any one want to add an aerial photo of their lot or update an older one with their new Christmas drone? Razz  I checked Google and their isn't a new view of my lot to update.
I have to wait for better weather so that I can practice my drone piloting skills. Doubtful that I will be able to fly the drone high enough to get an overhead shot of the property.

Bird's Eye View of Your Garden - Page 2 Airvuzemoji-6-638
trolleydriver

Forum Moderator

Male Posts : 5395

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 4/18/2018, 11:18 am

sanderson wrote:Any one want to add an aerial photo of their lot or update an older one with their new Christmas drone? Razz  I checked Google and their isn't a new view of my lot to update.
YIKES! I completely forgot about that Xmas drone! I still have a lot of cleaning up and new planting to do, then I'll get that puppy out and see if I can figure out how to use it.  thinking
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson 4/19/2018, 1:35 am

CN, you and TD can practice together. You don't have to go real high to get the whole property since you already did a Google shot.

sanderson
sanderson

Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next