Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 33 Toplef10How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 33 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 33 I22gcj10How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 33 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 33 Toplef10How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 33 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 33 I22gcj10How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 33 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» What are you eating from your garden today?
by OhioGardener Today at 4:44 pm

» Spring Flowers
by sanderson Today at 4:12 pm

» What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today
by sanderson Today at 4:10 pm

» What do I do with tomato plants?
by SMEDLEY BUTLER Yesterday at 8:53 pm

» N & C Midwest—May 2024
by OhioGardener Yesterday at 7:14 pm

» Ohio Gardener's Greenhouse
by OhioGardener Yesterday at 7:02 pm

» Compost not hot
by OhioGardener 5/17/2024, 8:05 am

» First timer in Central Virginia (7b) - newly built beds 2024
by flossy21 5/16/2024, 5:34 pm

» Help me correct my mistakes for next year please
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 5/16/2024, 4:46 pm

» Cabbage worms
by sanderson 5/16/2024, 1:34 am

» Complicated mixed up bunny poop!
by plantoid 5/14/2024, 7:20 pm

» They don't call 'em garden BEDS for nothing.
by sanderson 5/12/2024, 2:34 am

» Birds of the Garden
by OhioGardener 5/7/2024, 8:26 pm

» Greetings from Southport NC
by sanderson 5/6/2024, 4:36 am

» In the news: Biosolids in Texas.
by sanderson 5/6/2024, 4:19 am

» Rhubarb Rhubarb
by Scorpio Rising 5/5/2024, 7:57 pm

» Mark's first SFG
by markqz 5/4/2024, 12:08 am

» question about the digital tools from the sfg site.
by OhioGardener 5/2/2024, 4:50 pm

» Assistance Needed: Sugar Snap Peas Yellowing and Wilting
by Scorpio Rising 5/1/2024, 8:24 pm

» OMG, GMO from an unexpected place.
by sanderson 5/1/2024, 1:57 am

» N & C Midwest: March and April 2024
by Scorpio Rising 4/29/2024, 1:30 pm

» Lovage, has anyone grown, or used
by OhioGardener 4/29/2024, 12:27 pm

» New to SFG in Arlington, Tx
by sanderson 4/26/2024, 3:13 pm

» Soil Blocks: Tutorial In Photos
by OhioGardener 4/25/2024, 5:20 pm

» Manure tea overwintered outside - is it safe to use?
by Mhpoole 4/24/2024, 7:08 pm

» Advice on my blend
by donnainzone5 4/24/2024, 12:13 pm

» Senseless Banter...
by OhioGardener 4/24/2024, 8:16 am

» Kiwi's SFG Adventure
by sanderson 4/22/2024, 2:07 pm

» Sacrificial Tomatoes
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 4/22/2024, 10:36 am

» From the Admin - 4th EDITION of All New Square Foot Gardening is in Progress
by sanderson 4/21/2024, 5:02 pm

Google

Search SFG Forum

How's the Weather Where You're At?

+57
farmersgranddaughter
countrynaturals
donnainzone5
Scorpio Rising
trolleydriver
Turan
plantoid
has55
Kelejan
SQWIB
yolos
DorothyG
No_Such_Reality
TinySpock
21Actual
LizDTM
brianj555
CrazyArtist
dixie
Abiqua Ike
audrey.jeanne.roberts
Fiz
hammock gal
Sweetmama
SwampTroll
Zmoore
Mimi2
Robbomb116
meatburner
mlpii66
AlwaysHotinFL
JohnKelly
Banned Member
TCgardening
recoush
RC3291
ralitaco
GWN
Ginger Blue
reynajrainwater
p14shooter
herblover
Cajun Cappy
MrBooker
bigdogrock
newbeone
BeetlesPerSqFt
littlejo
MeghanSTL
llama momma
CitizenKate
CapeCoddess
kauairosina
walshevak
Mellen
camprn
RoOsTeR
61 posters

Page 33 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 33 Empty Re: How's the Weather Where You're At?

Post  trolleydriver 12/26/2017, 9:31 am

Even colder here:

Today Hi -13C (9F) and Lo -23C (-9F)

Tomorrow Hi -17C (1F) and Lo -27C (-17F)

No more snow until Saturday.
trolleydriver

Forum Moderator

Male Posts : 5395

Back to top Go down

How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 33 Empty Re: How's the Weather Where You're At?

Post  Kelejan 12/26/2017, 4:46 pm

Right now at 1:30pm local time it is -9C, will warm up  two degrees then dip to -9C again then tonight it will snow on and off for the rest of the week, snow, periods of snow, chance of flurries, flurries.  One good think is that they is little wind right now.

The problem is that all this coming  snow will fall on ice-covered sidewalks that making walking very difficult. No sand or gravel has been put down only on the roads.   There are slippery places where ever one has to cross the road or cross someone's driveway. and extra slippery in the underpass down the road from me, which is always hazardous every winter as no one looks after it and we residents have to send requests for sand etc. When they do something, they pile on the sand and run out at the wrong place. I reckon they send out the guy who this year resurfaced a bus stop but ran out of stuff before he reached where there was quite a hollow that needed filling. that always filled with water and we have to step in it.

We do have a  by-law that says all householders must clear the sidewalks around their properties and that includes all businesses.  Even the City Hall has not done their duty only excepting on the sidewalk from their car park across the road. There is no way any handicapped person using a wheelchair are parent pushing a buggy could have any way of getting around even in the  downtown.

But few people walk now.  The only person I saw this morning was one man with a little dog and he was complaining.

Now I am indoors looking out, it is nice to see the sun and blue sky. for now. It will make walking the dog more pleasant.
Kelejan
Kelejan

Female Posts : 6016

http://www.castlegarinkspot.ca

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson 12/27/2017, 2:22 am

NH and Canada, You guys have really cold weather! Brrrr!

Find more about Weather in Fresno, CA
Click for weather forecast
sanderson
sanderson

Forum Administrator

Female Posts : 21564

https://connect.xfinity.com/appsuite/#!!&app=io.ox/mail&

Back to top Go down

Post  Kelejan 12/27/2017, 2:47 am

ETA: "But few people walk now.  The only person I saw this morning was one man with a little dog and he was complaining."

The dog wasn't complaining.
Kelejan
Kelejan

Female Posts : 6016

http://www.castlegarinkspot.ca

Back to top Go down

Post  AtlantaMarie 12/27/2017, 6:14 am

Raining & 36. Could turn to sleet... But clearing later.
AtlantaMarie
AtlantaMarie

Certified SFG Instructor

Female Posts : 5602

http://www.defensivespecialties.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorpio Rising 12/27/2017, 6:55 am

As I write this, it is -4F, brrr!  And much of the same in store with a slight warm up hopefully!  We have about 2-3 inches of snow on the ground still.
Scorpio Rising
Scorpio Rising

Female Posts : 8737

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorpio Rising 12/27/2017, 6:56 am

Kelejan wrote:ETA: "But few people walk now.  The only person I saw this morning was one man with a little dog and he was complaining."

The dog wasn't complaining.
Hahaha!!!  Nope, I am sure he wasn’t!
Scorpio Rising
Scorpio Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  trolleydriver 12/27/2017, 9:05 am

Currently at 9:00 am it is -24C (-11F) and with the windchill feels like -32C (-24F).

Hi today -17C (1F) with a windchill of -34C (-29F).  Overnight -29C (-20F) with windchill -37C (-35F). 

And it will be colder tomorrow.  I'm pretty certain my compost pile is not heating up (ha! ha!).

Me no like.
trolleydriver

Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  bigdogrock 12/27/2017, 12:37 pm

Hey TD, we are basking in the sun at a fierce, scorching +10°F (-12°C). with the lovely NW breeze. The snow covered ice on the grounds is staying firmly in place, and the ice on the exposed branches twinkles as that breeze moves them. The 10 day forecast doesn't show anything promising, I can imagine you are going to have it a lot colder too.
Stay in, stay warm, keep the heater/wood stove crankin', enjoy those inside things. How big is your compost pile? Just for giggles I am going to go out and stick the thermometer in just to see.
Kelejan, stay off those slippery walkways, doesn't sound fun there either. This morning I slipped on the ice and slid all the way down to the bottom of the driveway, me and the dog both had a fun time. I went inside and got a piece of cardboard and we slid down it a few more times before we both got cold. I don't have a sore behind either from the initial slip!
It is so cold now the squirrels don't even come to the feeders anymore. Today's hi will be +11°F (-25°C, 261.483°K Razz), the low will be -12°F (-24.4444°C, 248.706°K), with a tad bit more of a NW breeze (10-15 mph, 16-24kph)  How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 33 950477.
bigdogrock
bigdogrock

Male Posts : 440

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorpio Rising 12/27/2017, 8:05 pm

Haha!  Love it, glad your tush doesn’t hurt from your tumble, Rock!  Round here, it is super cold, and the wind is not helping.  

I throw out peanut splits, miscellaneous bird eats, corn, for squirrels. It is fun to watch them.  I have feeders and suet, just a nice winter thing.  I am getting a heated dog water bowl for the birds from m TSC tomorrow because they have no water...apparently if they have to convert the snow to water it stresses them in the extreme cold...$19 at TSC plastic dog bowl with heater...
Scorpio Rising
Scorpio Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson 12/27/2017, 9:12 pm

Hazy sun, no wind, warm enough to work outside in a dark sweat shirt.  However, the air pollution is in the red zone so I am limited.  We are having an inversion that traps air pollution in the Valley.  I believe it is from the fireplaces, even though many are EPA approved.  When someone lights up a wood fire place, you can smell the smoke. How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 33 Drough21

sanderson
sanderson

Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 12/27/2017, 11:37 pm

sanderson wrote:Hazy sun, no wind, warm enough to work outside in a dark sweat shirt.  However, the air pollution is in the red zone so I am limited.  We are having an inversion that traps air pollution in the Valley.  I believe it is from the fireplaces, even though many are EPA approved.  When someone lights up a wood fire place, you can smell the smoke. How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 33 Drough21
We are really lucky where we are -- unless there's a fire and the wind is blowing our way, we never get bad air quality. Chico -- just a little bit south of us -- gets those fireplace warnings all the time. Shocked
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Female Posts : 5704

http://countrynaturals.com

Back to top Go down

Post  trolleydriver 12/28/2017, 9:42 am

Weather Alert today from Environment Canada.

Warnings
2:45 AM EST Thursday 28 December 2017
Extreme Cold Warning in effect for:

• Ottawa North - Kanata - Orléans

• Ottawa South - Richmond - Metcalfe

A period of very cold wind chills is expected. Wind chill values of minus 35 or below are occurring this morning. Wind chills will moderate during daytime hours today. However, wind chill values between minus 30 and 35 are expected again tonight. Extreme cold puts everyone at risk. Risks are greater for young children, older adults, people with chronic illnesses, people working or exercising outdoors, and those without proper shelter. Watch for cold related symptoms: shortness of breath, chest pain, muscle pain and weakness, numbness and colour change in fingers and toes. Dress warmly. Dress in layers that you can remove if you get too warm. The outer layer should be wind resistant. Cover up. Frostbite can develop within minutes on exposed skin, especially with wind chill. Keep emergency supplies in your vehicle such as extra blankets and jumper cables. If it's too cold for you to stay outside, it's too cold for your pet to stay outside. Outdoor workers should take regularly scheduled breaks to warm up. Extreme cold warnings are issued when very cold temperatures or wind chill creates an elevated risk to health such as frost bite and hypothermia.
trolleydriver

Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  bigdogrock 12/28/2017, 12:56 pm

Woke up to clear skies, wind out of the SSW with gusts up to 20 mph (32kph), -12°F (-24.4444°C). We are near our high for the day, 1°F (-17.222C). The wind has picked up some, now it has short periods of a slight to no breeze, then more time when we have wind and gusts, they might be more than 20 mph (32kph). No need for air conditioning today, just sayin' Rolling Eyes .

It is cold outside.

The little birds are hunkered down in the sunlight, in any crevasse that has no wind, and I have only seen one squirrel.
bigdogrock
bigdogrock

Back to top Go down

Post  trolleydriver 12/28/2017, 1:14 pm

bigdogrock wrote:Woke up to clear skies, wind out of the SSW with gusts up to 20 mph (32kph), -12°F (-24.4444°C). We are near our high for the day, 1°F (-17.222C). The wind has picked up some, now it has short periods of a slight to no breeze, then more time when we have wind and gusts, they might be more than 20 mph (32kph). No need for air conditioning today, just sayin' Rolling Eyes .

It is cold outside.

The little birds are hunkered down in the sunlight, in any crevasse that has no wind, and I have only seen one squirrel.
We are currently registering -23C at 1:15pm.  The polar vortex is in effect. 

How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 33 Shivering

Last edited by trolleydriver on 12/28/2017, 2:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
trolleydriver

Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  bigdogrock 12/28/2017, 1:30 pm

Yup, you got it right, definitely not anywhere near +Anything C here right now. Go in and add the minus sign for me if you get a minute, please.

Lovin' my wood stove...
bigdogrock
bigdogrock

Back to top Go down

Post  trolleydriver 12/28/2017, 2:42 pm

bigdogrock wrote:Yup, you got it right, definitely not anywhere near +Anything C here right now. Go in and add the minus sign for me if you get a minute, please.

Lovin' my wood stove...
Done
trolleydriver

Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  bigdogrock 12/29/2017, 9:09 am

Cold, very cold. Cloudy, making it feel dreary. I went to bed with a stuffy nose, woke up with a minor, irritating, not welcome, wishing it would go away, tissue needing, miserable, cold.  Evil or Very Mad I won't be out in the garden today. Bringing in the wood is going to be a royal pain, the high for today is +5° (-15°C). On the positive side (if there is one), no wind today, and none forecast for today.
No wind, nice fire gong in the wood stove, it might just be a forced rest and relax day. 

Thank you TD for adding the minus sign! You are always so good about that!
bigdogrock
bigdogrock

Back to top Go down

Post  trolleydriver 12/29/2017, 10:33 am

Ottawa is currently the coldest capital in the world. Why on earth do I live here?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/coldest-capital-now-ottawa-1.4466107

How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 33 Ottawa-river-frozen-ice-winter
trolleydriver

Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 12/30/2017, 11:35 am

trolleydriver wrote:Ottawa is currently the coldest capital in the world. Why on earth do I live here?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/coldest-capital-now-ottawa-1.4466107

How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 33 Ottawa-river-frozen-ice-winter
YIKES! My eyes got frostbite looking at that picture. affraid
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 12/30/2017, 11:38 am

It's finally gonna rain here next year! 🐢This has been the 2nd driest December in California history, but starting next Wednesday, it could rain for 3 days at least. YEE-HAH!
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson 12/30/2017, 2:57 pm

TD, I will not complain anymore about it being 28*F for a couple of early morning hours. That looks so, so, so cold.

sanderson
sanderson

Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  trolleydriver 12/30/2017, 3:09 pm

sanderson wrote:TD,  I will not complain anymore about it being 28*F for a couple of early morning hours.  That looks so, so, so cold.
That photo was taken from the Province of Quebec side of the Ottawa River looking across to the Parliament buildings on the Ontario side of the river. And yes it is very cold. There is a Canada 150th celebration scheduled for New Year's Eve on Parliament Hill. It's so cold that the government department responsible for organizing the event has cancelled the live entertainment. The fireworks will still be on. Mrs TD and I will he staying at home.
trolleydriver

Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorpio Rising 12/30/2017, 9:37 pm

It is ridiculously cold, and the wind has been a factor.  And the snow....lots o
Scorpio Rising
Scorpio Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  bigdogrock 12/31/2017, 1:10 pm

Bitter cold...
bigdogrock
bigdogrock

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 33 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next