Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
Do y'all think this will work for SFG? Toplef10Do y'all think this will work for SFG? 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

Do y'all think this will work for SFG? I22gcj10Do y'all think this will work for SFG? 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
Do y'all think this will work for SFG? Toplef10Do y'all think this will work for SFG? 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

Do y'all think this will work for SFG? I22gcj10Do y'all think this will work for SFG? 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Greetings from Southport NC
by sanderson Today at 4:36 am

» In the news: Biosolids in Texas.
by sanderson Today at 4:19 am

» Rhubarb Rhubarb
by Scorpio Rising Yesterday at 7:57 pm

» What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today
by Scorpio Rising Yesterday at 7:55 pm

» N & C Midwest—May 2024
by Scorpio Rising Yesterday at 7:53 pm

» Complicated mixed up bunny poop!
by jemm Yesterday at 7:24 pm

» Mark's first SFG
by markqz 5/4/2024, 12:08 am

» question about the digital tools from the sfg site.
by OhioGardener 5/2/2024, 4:50 pm

» Assistance Needed: Sugar Snap Peas Yellowing and Wilting
by Scorpio Rising 5/1/2024, 8:24 pm

» OMG, GMO from an unexpected place.
by sanderson 5/1/2024, 1:57 am

» N & C Midwest: March and April 2024
by Scorpio Rising 4/29/2024, 1:30 pm

» Lovage, has anyone grown, or used
by OhioGardener 4/29/2024, 12:27 pm

» Ohio Gardener's Greenhouse
by OhioGardener 4/28/2024, 10:20 am

» New to SFG in Arlington, Tx
by sanderson 4/26/2024, 3:13 pm

» Soil Blocks: Tutorial In Photos
by OhioGardener 4/25/2024, 5:20 pm

» Manure tea overwintered outside - is it safe to use?
by Mhpoole 4/24/2024, 7:08 pm

» Advice on my blend
by donnainzone5 4/24/2024, 12:13 pm

» Senseless Banter...
by OhioGardener 4/24/2024, 8:16 am

» What do I do with tomato plants?
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 4/23/2024, 1:36 am

» Kiwi's SFG Adventure
by sanderson 4/22/2024, 2:07 pm

» Sacrificial Tomatoes
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 4/22/2024, 10:36 am

» From the Admin - 4th EDITION of All New Square Foot Gardening is in Progress
by sanderson 4/21/2024, 5:02 pm

» Seedling Identification
by AuntieBeth 4/21/2024, 8:00 am

» Happy Birthday!!
by AtlantaMarie 4/21/2024, 6:56 am

» Three Sisters Thursday
by sanderson 4/20/2024, 5:25 pm

» Recommended store bought compost - Photos of composts
by sanderson 4/20/2024, 3:08 pm

» Compost not hot
by Guinevere 4/19/2024, 11:19 am

» Maybe a silly question but...
by sanderson 4/18/2024, 11:22 pm

» Hi from zone 10B--southern orange county, ca
by sanderson 4/18/2024, 12:25 am

» Asparagus
by OhioGardener 4/17/2024, 6:17 pm

Google

Search SFG Forum

Do y'all think this will work for SFG?

5 posters

Go down

Do y'all think this will work for SFG? Empty Do y'all think this will work for SFG?

Post  sfg4uKim 3/25/2015, 9:45 pm

Just curious if y'all think that something like this will work with SFG?

It's self-watering (for up to 3 weeks) and self-fertilizing. It's a bit deeper than needed, but . . .

SOOOOO what say you all?

NOOCITY GROWBED

I have seen women looking at jewelry ads with a misty eye and one hand resting on the heart, and I only know what they're feeling because that's how I read the seed catalogs in January - Barbara Kingsolver - Animal, Vegetable, Miracle

sfg4u.com
FB: Square Foot Gardening 4 U

Do y'all think this will work for SFG? WxBanner?bannertype=wu_blueglass&airportcode=KBWI&ForcedCity=Glen%20Burnie&ForcedState=MD&zipcode=21060&language=EN
sfg4uKim
sfg4uKim

Certified SFG Instructor

Female Posts : 2054

http://sfg4u.com

Back to top Go down

Do y'all think this will work for SFG? Empty Re: Do y'all think this will work for SFG?

Post  AtlantaMarie 3/26/2015, 10:47 am

Looks VERY interesting....  For a rooftop garden, it'd be great!  I like the fact that they've included worm holes, etc.
AtlantaMarie
AtlantaMarie

Certified SFG Instructor

Female Posts : 5602

http://www.defensivespecialties.com

Back to top Go down

Do y'all think this will work for SFG? Empty Re: Do y'all think this will work for SFG?

Post  sfg4uKim 3/26/2015, 3:59 pm

AtlantaMarie wrote:Looks VERY interesting....  For a rooftop garden, it'd be great!  I like the fact that they've included worm holes, etc.

Yes it does. I think it would also be good for renters to be able to pack up & take with them. LOL I LOVE the idea of it self-watering for up to 3 weeks. And it will be good for me to sell them since they are flat packed (IKEA style).

I have seen women looking at jewelry ads with a misty eye and one hand resting on the heart, and I only know what they're feeling because that's how I read the seed catalogs in January - Barbara Kingsolver - Animal, Vegetable, Miracle

sfg4u.com

Do y'all think this will work for SFG? WxBanner?bannertype=wu_blueglass&airportcode=KBWI&ForcedCity=Glen%20Burnie&ForcedState=MD&zipcode=21060&language=EN
sfg4uKim
sfg4uKim

Certified SFG Instructor

Back to top Go down

Post  CapeCoddess 3/26/2015, 4:54 pm

I think that that is a remarkably wonderful thing.  It's a lot like the Earth boxes but bigger and with vericomposting.  Everything about it is amazing.  I wouldn't buy them because I wouldn't pay that price, but I'm sure there are those that could and would.

CC
CapeCoddess
CapeCoddess

Back to top Go down

Post  sfg4uKim 3/26/2015, 5:34 pm

CapeCoddess wrote:I think that that is a remarkably wonderful thing.  It's a lot like the Earth boxes but bigger and with vericomposting.  Everything about it is amazing.  I wouldn't buy them because I wouldn't pay that price, but I'm sure there are those that could and would.

CC

I hear you. BUT you need to remember that most of the money is a "donation" and you get "gifts" for that donation. I actually DID buy some and they ended up, with the Euro/Dollar rate, only being $85 each. SOOOO I'll be able to sell the others and get mine for free.

I did the same thing with the Garden Tower 2. The profit from selling the others allows me to get mine & one for each of my two sons for free. My oldest only has a balcony and this will be PERFECT for him.

The center has a perforated tube where you compost kitchen scraps and put in worms. It's on a lazy Susan and has a catch tray for excess water & "worm juice" which you pour back over the top.

I just got my Mel's Mix today to fill them.

Do y'all think this will work for SFG? Garden10

sfg4u.com

sfg4uKim
sfg4uKim

Certified SFG Instructor

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson 3/26/2015, 10:32 pm

Kim, I couldn't find a price? Shipping costs?

Find more about Weather in Fresno, CA
Click for weather forecast
sanderson
sanderson

Forum Administrator

Female Posts : 21554

https://connect.xfinity.com/appsuite/#!!&app=io.ox/mail&

Back to top Go down

Post  Dunkinjean 3/26/2015, 11:19 pm

Kim,
It is a great idea.
Since you bought one are you going to start planting in it this year?
If so, on a patio? Also, what do you do with it over the winter?
Please post photo's when applicable.
Thanks!
Dunkinjean
Dunkinjean

Female Posts : 694

http://2jean@excite.com

Back to top Go down

Post  sfg4uKim 3/27/2015, 8:05 am

sanderson wrote:Kim,  I couldn't find a price?  Shipping costs?

When you go to the link NOOCITY GROW BAG you scroll down and in the right-hand column is a list of the "Select a Perk". They give the Euro price and a dollar amount of your investment/donation and what you get for it.

They can't give a shipping cost yet because the more people who participate the lower the cost.

So, these are not "for sale" in the traditional sense yet, but people can invest in the project so they can be manufactured and receive them before the general public.

sfg4u.com

sfg4uKim
sfg4uKim

Certified SFG Instructor

Back to top Go down

Post  sfg4uKim 3/27/2015, 8:15 am

Dunkinjean wrote:Kim,
It is a great idea.
Since you bought one are you going to start planting in it this year?
If so, on a patio? Also, what do you do with it over the winter?
Please post photo's when applicable.
Thanks!
They should be manufactured and shipped sometime in May. LOL I actually bought TEN and will resell the others in the local area. I'm not sure where I'll locate it yet. Perhaps in the front yard to "advertise".

I'll have to ask about the winter weather. I've been in contact with one of the creators so I'll let you know soon.

LOL looks like I'll need to have my compost guy

sfg4u.com

sfg4uKim
sfg4uKim

Certified SFG Instructor

Back to top Go down

Post  sfg4uKim 3/27/2015, 2:16 pm

They just got back to me and hope to add things to it -

Trellis for vertical growing.

Some kind of structure/frame that will hold shade cloth and/or (plastic?) to form a green house for use in the colder months. They're in Portugal so I'm not sure they fully appreciate what winter is.

sfg4u.com

sfg4uKim
sfg4uKim

Certified SFG Instructor

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down