Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
CANADIAN REGION - What are you doing in March 2015 - Page 3 Toplef10CANADIAN REGION - What are you doing in March 2015 - Page 3 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

CANADIAN REGION - What are you doing in March 2015 - Page 3 I22gcj10CANADIAN REGION - What are you doing in March 2015 - Page 3 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
CANADIAN REGION - What are you doing in March 2015 - Page 3 Toplef10CANADIAN REGION - What are you doing in March 2015 - Page 3 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

CANADIAN REGION - What are you doing in March 2015 - Page 3 I22gcj10CANADIAN REGION - What are you doing in March 2015 - Page 3 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» New to SFG in Arlington, Tx
by sanderson Yesterday at 3:13 pm

» Soil Blocks: Tutorial In Photos
by OhioGardener 4/25/2024, 5:20 pm

» Manure tea overwintered outside - is it safe to use?
by Mhpoole 4/24/2024, 7:08 pm

» Advice on my blend
by donnainzone5 4/24/2024, 12:13 pm

» Senseless Banter...
by OhioGardener 4/24/2024, 8:16 am

» Rhubarb Rhubarb
by sanderson 4/23/2024, 8:52 pm

» What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today
by OhioGardener 4/23/2024, 1:53 pm

» What do I do with tomato plants?
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 4/23/2024, 1:36 am

» N & C Midwest: March and April 2024
by Scorpio Rising 4/22/2024, 4:57 pm

» Kiwi's SFG Adventure
by sanderson 4/22/2024, 2:07 pm

» Sacrificial Tomatoes
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 4/22/2024, 10:36 am

» From the Admin - 4th EDITION of All New Square Foot Gardening is in Progress
by sanderson 4/21/2024, 5:02 pm

» Seedling Identification
by AuntieBeth 4/21/2024, 8:00 am

» Happy Birthday!!
by AtlantaMarie 4/21/2024, 6:56 am

» Three Sisters Thursday
by sanderson 4/20/2024, 5:25 pm

» Recommended store bought compost - Photos of composts
by sanderson 4/20/2024, 3:08 pm

» Compost not hot
by Guinevere 4/19/2024, 11:19 am

» Maybe a silly question but...
by sanderson 4/18/2024, 11:22 pm

» Hi from zone 10B--southern orange county, ca
by sanderson 4/18/2024, 12:25 am

» Asparagus
by OhioGardener 4/17/2024, 6:17 pm

» problems with SFG forum site
by OhioGardener 4/16/2024, 8:04 am

» Strawberries per square foot.
by sanderson 4/16/2024, 4:22 am

» What are you eating from your garden today?
by sanderson 4/16/2024, 4:15 am

» April is Kids Gardening Month!
by sanderson 4/15/2024, 2:37 pm

» Creating A Potager Garden
by sanderson 4/15/2024, 2:33 pm

» Butter Beans????
by OhioGardener 4/13/2024, 5:50 pm

» Companion planting
by sanderson 4/13/2024, 4:24 pm

» First timer in Central Virginia (7b) - newly built beds 2024
by sanderson 4/13/2024, 4:16 pm

» California's Drought
by sanderson 4/10/2024, 1:43 pm

» Anyone Using Agribon Row Cover To Extend The Growing Season?
by sanderson 4/8/2024, 10:28 pm

Google

Search SFG Forum

CANADIAN REGION - What are you doing in March 2015

+6
AtlantaMarie
CapeCoddess
GWN
mollyhespra
sanderson
Kelejan
10 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

CANADIAN REGION - What are you doing in March 2015 - Page 3 Empty Re: CANADIAN REGION - What are you doing in March 2015

Post  FRED58 3/25/2015, 7:42 pm

HI!

I'm mew here and Kelejan invited me to check this part of the forum out/

I live in SW Ontario on the east shore of (still frozen) Lake Huron. I still have a two foot snow drift covering half of the backyard and my front yard (north side) is  still snow covered. Despite that I see daffodils poking through near the house and as soon as my order from Perron / Dominion arrives, I will be starting my tomatoes and peppers.
FRED58
FRED58

Male Posts : 170

Back to top Go down

CANADIAN REGION - What are you doing in March 2015 - Page 3 Empty Re: CANADIAN REGION - What are you doing in March 2015

Post  Kelejan 3/25/2015, 9:04 pm

Hi Fred, you certainly acted quickly on my invitation to join us. Welcome.
Don't forget you can wander all over this site and visit anywhere in the world.

It seems that so far this year we have three or four members in British Columbia and another handful on Ontario. Of course, when I write here I have to remember that there may be thousands of people dipping in but never commenting.  That is the same with all Forums.  

Being a new Host here, started January 1st, 2015, I have not yet connected with anyone East of Ontario. 

If you go back on the threads, you will see there are January and February ones as well, and if you read them you will find that most of the postings are by me. Very Happy When I mentioned that, I was assured that many people readmy posts so I continue with those  encouraging comments.

It WAS suggested that I start off with a three month thread and now I know why. Embarassed

Despite not having as much snow this year, it has been dry as well, and I doubt that my yard is any more advanced than yours.  A few crocus, and today I see some yellow on the forsythia. I am in the Southern Interior, a different climate to Victoria and Vancouver and even the desert Okanagan.
Kelejan
Kelejan

Female Posts : 6016

http://www.castlegarinkspot.ca

Back to top Go down

Post  AtlantaMarie 3/26/2015, 10:35 am

Kelejan wrote:If you go back on the threads, you will see there are January and February ones as well, and if you read them you will find that most of the postings are by me. Very Happy When I mentioned that, I was assured that many people read my posts so I continue with those  encouraging comments.

Yes, we DO!  And enjoy them greatly!

Very Happy
AtlantaMarie
AtlantaMarie

Certified SFG Instructor

Female Posts : 5602

http://www.defensivespecialties.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kelejan 3/31/2015, 1:59 am

Well, how is every doing in Canada?  Are you getting yourselves dug out yet and getting warm and dry?

These last few day my grass is greening, but you know what that means? WEEDS! More sun and longer lasting and warmer days has really made a difference. Before I know it the grass will need cutting.I must admit I love those first days when the first cuts are made and gives it that nice look. A bit like the first snow.  Then ones' feeling change a bit.

That is when I realise I have not done half the things I meant to do. In the last few days I have done some more clearing up in the yard, planted three kinds of beans, All bush; Pencil Pod, Stringless, and Windsor Broad Bean. I'm not sure if Stringless is a variety of bean or just a generic name that covers all stringless.  I got these from our library seed exchange and I shared some of them with a neighbour down the road.

I posted in another thread that I have three winter-seeding jugs producing tiny plant.
Definitely doing it again for next winter as it is so easy.

Walking past some wasteland  near me, I found a discarded shrub.  I had seen it there several day, until I finally had a look at it and found it still had a label on it, it was a "Northern Lights"  white azalea.  The root ball was not badly depleted of soil, and there were tiny leaves budding. So Dr. Kelejan took it home and gave it some tender loving care and re-potted it and added some pine needles and new soil. I hope it recovers after its ordeal and I do not have to do a R.I.P. notice.

I will have to get down to posting some pictures.  I am thinking that I will have to go through another learning curve as I am betting that I have forgotten most of it.
Kelejan
Kelejan

Female Posts : 6016

http://www.castlegarinkspot.ca

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson 3/31/2015, 3:04 am

Kelejan wrote:Walking past some wasteland  near me, I found a discarded shrub.  I had seen it there several day, until I finally had a look at it and found it still had a label on it, it was a "Northern Lights"  white azalea.  The root ball was not badly depleted of soil, and there were tiny leaves budding. So Dr. Kelejan took it home and gave it some tender loving care and re-potted it and added some pine needles and new soil. I hope it recovers after its ordeal and I do not have to do a R.I.P. notice.
 Only a gardener would . . .

Photo posting class is always open for you.

Find more about Weather in Fresno, CA
Click for weather forecast
sanderson
sanderson

Forum Administrator

Female Posts : 21547

https://connect.xfinity.com/appsuite/#!!&app=io.ox/mail&

Back to top Go down

Post  Sunsanvil 4/1/2015, 3:47 pm

"What are you doing in March 2015?"

In New Brunswick, nothing. There is so much snow on the ground I can only guess where our 4-bed SFG is, let alone do anything with it.

Tried for two years to start stuff indoors with, literally, zero yield (mainly because the only room in the house where the cat CANT go is far to cold and gets too little sun).

So we wait...
Sunsanvil
Sunsanvil

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next