Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 6 Toplef10What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 6 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 6 I22gcj10What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 6 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 6 Toplef10What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 6 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 6 I22gcj10What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 6 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Assistance Needed: Sugar Snap Peas Yellowing and Wilting
by sanderson Today at 3:39 pm

» Mark's first SFG
by markqz Today at 11:23 am

» N & C Midwest—May 2024
by Scorpio Rising Today at 10:48 am

» OMG, GMO from an unexpected place.
by sanderson Today at 1:57 am

» Greetings from Southport NC
by ralitaco 4/29/2024, 9:47 pm

» N & C Midwest: March and April 2024
by Scorpio Rising 4/29/2024, 1:30 pm

» Lovage, has anyone grown, or used
by OhioGardener 4/29/2024, 12:27 pm

» Ohio Gardener's Greenhouse
by OhioGardener 4/28/2024, 10:20 am

» New to SFG in Arlington, Tx
by sanderson 4/26/2024, 3:13 pm

» Soil Blocks: Tutorial In Photos
by OhioGardener 4/25/2024, 5:20 pm

» Manure tea overwintered outside - is it safe to use?
by Mhpoole 4/24/2024, 7:08 pm

» Advice on my blend
by donnainzone5 4/24/2024, 12:13 pm

» Senseless Banter...
by OhioGardener 4/24/2024, 8:16 am

» Rhubarb Rhubarb
by sanderson 4/23/2024, 8:52 pm

» What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today
by OhioGardener 4/23/2024, 1:53 pm

» What do I do with tomato plants?
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 4/23/2024, 1:36 am

» Kiwi's SFG Adventure
by sanderson 4/22/2024, 2:07 pm

» Sacrificial Tomatoes
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 4/22/2024, 10:36 am

» From the Admin - 4th EDITION of All New Square Foot Gardening is in Progress
by sanderson 4/21/2024, 5:02 pm

» Seedling Identification
by AuntieBeth 4/21/2024, 8:00 am

» Happy Birthday!!
by AtlantaMarie 4/21/2024, 6:56 am

» Three Sisters Thursday
by sanderson 4/20/2024, 5:25 pm

» Recommended store bought compost - Photos of composts
by sanderson 4/20/2024, 3:08 pm

» Compost not hot
by Guinevere 4/19/2024, 11:19 am

» Maybe a silly question but...
by sanderson 4/18/2024, 11:22 pm

» Hi from zone 10B--southern orange county, ca
by sanderson 4/18/2024, 12:25 am

» Asparagus
by OhioGardener 4/17/2024, 6:17 pm

» problems with SFG forum site
by OhioGardener 4/16/2024, 8:04 am

» Strawberries per square foot.
by sanderson 4/16/2024, 4:22 am

» What are you eating from your garden today?
by sanderson 4/16/2024, 4:15 am

Google

Search SFG Forum

What are you eating from your garden today?

+91
TCgardening
nycquilter
svanahgirl129
Gilly21
NEWBIE99
GardenGroupie
68carguy
VJ72584
Windmere
jrfrommd
dilewis
FeedMeSeeMore
davecourington
sfgbeginner
Cajunsmoke14
GloriaG
AtlantaMarie
tagyourit
bonnie0128
kauairosina
Gardendog
dstack
Roseinarosecity
Applegate
AvaDGardner
GWN
pattipan
Cherbear
cyclonegardener
jimmy cee
2SooCrew
Nonna.PapaVino
sfgteachers
Pollinator
cheyannarach
Windsor.Parker
TxGramma
Pox
sfg4uKim
unit649
meatburner
boffer
Kelejan
wcfujita
Robind
jmsieglaff
greatgranny
Thomas
grownsunshine
pryz123
darci.strutt
landarch
mrwes40
jewlz2121
johnp
R&R 1011
WriterCPA
NAR56
Marc Iverson
Triciasgarden
brainchasm
Amethyst42
SalsaMom
donnainzone5
Cheryl5
simpletwist
Josh
yolos
quiltbea
Turan
walshevak
sarah465
mschaef
herblover
lyndeeloo
camprn
bnoles
plantoid
southern gardener
llama momma
FamilyGardening
kbshark
Dunkinjean
audrey.jeanne.roberts
Nicola
Goosegirl
CapeCoddess
sanderson
RoOsTeR
mollyhespra
gwennifer
95 posters

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 6 Empty Re: What are you eating from your garden today?

Post  Thomas 7/23/2013, 5:46 pm

cherry tomatoes;pole beans and 2 Chinese red noodle beans-18 inches long--what a hoot. some dill, kohlrabi, and romaine.Smile 
Thomas
Thomas

Back to top Go down

What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 6 Empty Re: What are you eating from your garden today?

Post  greatgranny 7/23/2013, 5:57 pm

Green beans, snow peas, broccoli and cauliflower in a stir fry. So much better than buying the wilted stuff at the market.
greatgranny
greatgranny

Female Posts : 661

Back to top Go down

Post  llama momma 7/23/2013, 6:00 pm

All of the lovely people with RED tomatoes are driving me crazy!  I counted over 200 green babies on my late planted maters but you guys are making me drool with envy.   Congratulations to all of you!
llama momma
llama momma

Certified SFG Instructor

Female Posts : 4921

Back to top Go down

Post  donnainzone5 7/23/2013, 6:03 pm

Salad greens/spinach/chard/Asian greens, and onion tops, to make a shrimp salad.
donnainzone5
donnainzone5

Certified SFG Instructor

Female Posts : 2662

http://www.amway.com/DonnaKBecker

Back to top Go down

Post  llama momma 7/23/2013, 6:40 pm

A couple of yellow squash and a dozen quinalt strawberries.
llama momma
llama momma

Certified SFG Instructor

Back to top Go down

Post  greatgranny 7/23/2013, 8:08 pm

llama momma wrote:All of the lovely people with RED tomatoes are driving me crazy!  I counted over 200 green babies on my late planted maters but you guys are making me drool with envy.   Congratulations to all of you!

Me too. Mine won't be ready for weeks. Sigh.
greatgranny
greatgranny

Female Posts : 661

Back to top Go down

Post  darci.strutt 7/23/2013, 9:56 pm

I'm still in the "green tomato" camp, but have been enjoying wonderful, kale, lettuce, spinach (just a little that hasn't bolted), parsley, cilantro, basil, sage, rosemary, zucchini, a hot pepper, and even a stray pea the bunny didn't eat. The bush bean have flowers, the beat and carrot look wonderful...but not quite ready, and the kohlrabi are just starting to form.

Oh how I love this time of year!
darci.strutt
darci.strutt

Female Posts : 95

Back to top Go down

Post  Marc Iverson 7/24/2013, 12:10 am

Cherry tomatoes, a lemon cucumber, a Better Bush (medium sized) tomato.

And I think I see tiny bean pods forming! I love string beans! I'm counting on those big time since squirrels and/or hornworms ate every single one of my non-cherry tomatoes.
Marc Iverson
Marc Iverson

Male Posts : 3638

Back to top Go down

Post  southern gardener 7/24/2013, 2:53 am

Marc Iverson wrote:Cherry tomatoes, a lemon cucumber, a Better Bush (medium sized) tomato.

And I think I see tiny bean pods forming!  I love string beans!  I'm counting on those big time since squirrels and/or hornworms ate every single one of my non-cherry tomatoes.
If you love string beans, try some Dragon's Tongue next year! They have produced like mad, EASY to grow, and NO STRINGS!! They're really cool looking too, purple and yellow. They don't climb tho...they grow about 18" tall, but the really produced for us!!
southern gardener
southern gardener

Back to top Go down

Post  llama momma 7/24/2013, 10:45 am

1 pound 10 oz yukon gold potatoes.  I'm picking two handfull at a time just enough to feed two of us for a couple nights. This is the 4th picking since July 8 for a sub total of 4 pounds and 10 oz.  These are good plump taters just like supermarket size.  Planted early, mid, and late varieties to keep us going for awhile.  16 squares is going to be more than plenty I bet. Hope to make hash browns to freeze too.  Also pulled more parsley and 2 more zucchini and handful of basil.  Processed some fresh cured garlic bulbs into frozen garlic butter nuggets to keep in the freezer using the parsley and basil in it.
llama momma
llama momma

Certified SFG Instructor

Back to top Go down

Post  Triciasgarden 7/24/2013, 6:26 pm

llama momma wrote:All of the lovely people with RED tomatoes are driving me crazy!  I counted over 200 green babies on my late planted maters but you guys are making me drool with envy.   Congratulations to all of you!
I had to cheat and buy seedlings.  You started from seeds!
Triciasgarden
Triciasgarden

Female Posts : 1634

Back to top Go down

Post  Marc Iverson 7/25/2013, 2:05 pm

southern gardener wrote:
Marc Iverson wrote:Cherry tomatoes, a lemon cucumber, a Better Bush (medium sized) tomato.

And I think I see tiny bean pods forming!  I love string beans!  I'm counting on those big time since squirrels and/or hornworms ate every single one of my non-cherry tomatoes.
If you love string beans, try some Dragon's Tongue next year! They have produced like mad, EASY to grow, and NO STRINGS!! They're really cool looking too, purple and yellow. They don't climb tho...they grow about 18" tall, but the really produced for us!!

A bush bean, eh? Okay, I'll order some. I've read others here saying they're great.

I did plant some yellow wax beans in a bush variety, but few germinated. My pole beans are taller than I am now, at least a couple of them are. Gonna go check them soon. Smile
Marc Iverson
Marc Iverson

Back to top Go down

What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 6 Empty Spanish Squash

Post  jmsieglaff 7/28/2013, 8:21 am

We tried the recipe below last night with some Tatume and Table Dainty squash (along with garlic and onions from the garden).  We'll try it with lemon squash as that will be producing soon as well.

What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 6 Img_7310

1.25# Ground Turkey
3 medium sized summer squash (cubed and de-seeded if needed)
1 medium onion (diced)
1-2 large garlic cloves (diced)
1 tablespoon oil
1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
1/2 cup water
1.5 teaspoons chili powder
0.5 teaspoons cumin
salt and pepper to taste
Prepare rice to your liking

1.  In a large skillet with a lid, brown ground turkey, drain, and remove meat.
2.  Over medium to medium-high heat, heat oil and sautee onions, garlic, and squash until onions and garlic are tender and cooked about 5-6 minutes.
3.  Add tomatoes, water, spices, salt and pepper, and meat; bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer on low for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.

We prepared brown rice and served this atop the rice.  A very flavorful and healthy summer meal!  We might add corn to the mix next time too.
jmsieglaff
jmsieglaff

Male Posts : 253

Back to top Go down

Post  Robind 7/28/2013, 10:46 am

sweet banana pepper and cucumber.

Also left over breaded zucchini yum.
Robind
Robind

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson 7/28/2013, 2:44 pm

Jmsie,  Thank you for sharing your recipe.  It's what I would call healthy, comfort food for winter.  Husband makes the dinner salads during the hot summers and I cook dinners during the winter.  Now I've got another winter recipe. thanks
sanderson
sanderson

Forum Administrator

Female Posts : 21552

https://connect.xfinity.com/appsuite/#!!&app=io.ox/mail&

Back to top Go down

Post  llama momma 7/28/2013, 3:10 pm

One Quinalt strawberry that didn't make it inside the house and a couple of cukes.  The coloring on the first ones were odd, but has now straightened itself out
What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 6 Sam_1821
llama momma
llama momma

Certified SFG Instructor

Back to top Go down

Post  CapeCoddess 7/28/2013, 7:21 pm

Roasted veggies & sauteed Rainbow chard w/ Egyptian Walking onion leaves, all harvested today: What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 6 100_8711
What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 6 100_8712
albino 

Then I topped it off with some home made chocolate chip cookies warm from the oven.  tongue 

CC
CapeCoddess
CapeCoddess

Back to top Go down

Post  RoOsTeR 7/28/2013, 8:32 pm

That looks sooo good CC hungry 

What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 6 Logo-111
I am my gardens worst enemy.
RoOsTeR
RoOsTeR

Male Posts : 4316

Back to top Go down

Post  yolos 7/28/2013, 9:21 pm

Yesterday - new potatoes and chinese red noodle beans along with our steak.

Today - Sliced tomato, cucs, dragon tongue beans along with our turkey.
yolos
yolos

Female Posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  donnainzone5 7/28/2013, 9:55 pm

Just now:

Sauteed swordfish with store-bought dill, garlic, fresh lemon juice, organic Beefsteak tomato, and water-packed artichoke hearts.

PLUS home-grown peas, a tiny zucchini, and onion tops.  Basmati rice accompanied the meal.  I'm going to have to repeat this one, next time with home-grown tomatoes, dill, tomatoes, and garlic.
donnainzone5
donnainzone5

Certified SFG Instructor

Female Posts : 2662

http://www.amway.com/DonnaKBecker

Back to top Go down

Post  RoOsTeR 7/29/2013, 7:09 pm

Had a couple of candy onions that broke their necks during some high winds affraid  So we'll be eating them with brats tonight!!

What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 6 20130729_163418_zps4114c5ec

What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 6 Logo-111
I am my gardens worst enemy.
RoOsTeR
RoOsTeR

Male Posts : 4316

Back to top Go down

Post  Marc Iverson 7/30/2013, 12:48 am

If you don't know any brats, my neighbors have some grandkids ...

I'm getting dozens of cherry tomatoes some days. Finally got some smallish-medium tomatoes, but nothing to brag about. Hornworms managed to miss a couple, for a change. Got five red bell peppers and four San Marconi sweet peppers the last few days, as well as a couple of lemon cucumbers (finally!). Also a few tomatillos. Their lanterns aren't yellowing and crisping up and opening so much anymore, which I had heard was the sign to pick them. Not sure why.

Our fig tree came through like gangbusters, and most importantly, we got some before the birds stole them all.

Neighbors gave us cute "individual-sized" cukes that are the perfect size to add to a one-person salad. They also gave us potatoes and onions, and another neighbor gave us more cukes and a squash and some zucchini. This right after I stocked up on veggies from the store, so ... how am I going to get through all this stuff?

Plus, cantaloupe were on sale for a buck each at the store, and I stocked up on them too ...

I'll say one thing for eating all these fruits and veggies ...

I'm regular.
Marc Iverson
Marc Iverson

Back to top Go down

Post  southern gardener 7/30/2013, 1:35 am

Delicious red Brandywine tomato on pizza, with sauce made from our tomatoes Smile My husband is an AWESOME cook. this pizza was probably one of the best pizzas we've ever had!! This one Brandywine plant has 85 tomatoes on it SO FAR, and it's still growing! This thing is going nutz!! Can't wait to make more spaghetti/pizza sauce out of them! Growing a San Diego variety of tomatoes too that are really good Smile
southern gardener
southern gardener

Back to top Go down

Post  CapeCoddess 7/31/2013, 3:17 pm

85 Brandywines on one plant??? Wow! Do you pinch the suckers or just let it grow out in a cage or what?

Mine have about 2 or 3 each...

CC
CapeCoddess
CapeCoddess

Back to top Go down

What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 6 Empty What are you eating from your garden today?

Post  wcfujita 7/31/2013, 10:53 pm

Cucumbers, Egg Plant, variety of Heirloom tomatoes, Green Beans, Zuchs, cabbage, peppers (hot mix) and broccoli.  Tomatoes are slowly coming in but that is okay it is enough to handle right now.  We have a lot on each plant (19 plants total) so when they really start coming in I will be making a lot of salsa & spaghetti sauce.
wcfujita
wcfujita

Female Posts : 13

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next