Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
Who to talk to regarding possible probs with pre mix Mel's Mix Toplef10Who to talk to regarding possible probs with pre mix Mel's Mix 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

Who to talk to regarding possible probs with pre mix Mel's Mix I22gcj10Who to talk to regarding possible probs with pre mix Mel's Mix 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
Who to talk to regarding possible probs with pre mix Mel's Mix Toplef10Who to talk to regarding possible probs with pre mix Mel's Mix 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

Who to talk to regarding possible probs with pre mix Mel's Mix I22gcj10Who to talk to regarding possible probs with pre mix Mel's Mix 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Birds of the Garden
by OhioGardener Yesterday at 8:26 pm

» N & C Midwest—May 2024
by OhioGardener Yesterday at 2:25 pm

» Ohio Gardener's Greenhouse
by OhioGardener 5/6/2024, 3:36 pm

» Greetings from Southport NC
by sanderson 5/6/2024, 4:36 am

» In the news: Biosolids in Texas.
by sanderson 5/6/2024, 4:19 am

» Rhubarb Rhubarb
by Scorpio Rising 5/5/2024, 7:57 pm

» What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today
by Scorpio Rising 5/5/2024, 7:55 pm

» Complicated mixed up bunny poop!
by jemm 5/5/2024, 7:24 pm

» Mark's first SFG
by markqz 5/4/2024, 12:08 am

» question about the digital tools from the sfg site.
by OhioGardener 5/2/2024, 4:50 pm

» Assistance Needed: Sugar Snap Peas Yellowing and Wilting
by Scorpio Rising 5/1/2024, 8:24 pm

» OMG, GMO from an unexpected place.
by sanderson 5/1/2024, 1:57 am

» N & C Midwest: March and April 2024
by Scorpio Rising 4/29/2024, 1:30 pm

» Lovage, has anyone grown, or used
by OhioGardener 4/29/2024, 12:27 pm

» New to SFG in Arlington, Tx
by sanderson 4/26/2024, 3:13 pm

» Soil Blocks: Tutorial In Photos
by OhioGardener 4/25/2024, 5:20 pm

» Manure tea overwintered outside - is it safe to use?
by Mhpoole 4/24/2024, 7:08 pm

» Advice on my blend
by donnainzone5 4/24/2024, 12:13 pm

» Senseless Banter...
by OhioGardener 4/24/2024, 8:16 am

» What do I do with tomato plants?
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 4/23/2024, 1:36 am

» Kiwi's SFG Adventure
by sanderson 4/22/2024, 2:07 pm

» Sacrificial Tomatoes
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 4/22/2024, 10:36 am

» From the Admin - 4th EDITION of All New Square Foot Gardening is in Progress
by sanderson 4/21/2024, 5:02 pm

» Seedling Identification
by AuntieBeth 4/21/2024, 8:00 am

» Happy Birthday!!
by AtlantaMarie 4/21/2024, 6:56 am

» Three Sisters Thursday
by sanderson 4/20/2024, 5:25 pm

» Recommended store bought compost - Photos of composts
by sanderson 4/20/2024, 3:08 pm

» Compost not hot
by Guinevere 4/19/2024, 11:19 am

» Maybe a silly question but...
by sanderson 4/18/2024, 11:22 pm

» Hi from zone 10B--southern orange county, ca
by sanderson 4/18/2024, 12:25 am

Google

Search SFG Forum

Who to talk to regarding possible probs with pre mix Mel's Mix

+2
RoOsTeR
southern gardener
6 posters

Go down

Who to talk to regarding possible probs with pre mix Mel's Mix Empty Who to talk to regarding possible probs with pre mix Mel's Mix

Post  southern gardener 5/27/2012, 12:52 am

I would like to know who to contact regarding possible problems I'm having with the Mel's Mix pre mix from Lowe's? I've called "Garden Time", the maker of the product, and am only getting the run around. Thank you.
southern gardener
southern gardener

Back to top Go down

Who to talk to regarding possible probs with pre mix Mel's Mix Empty Re: Who to talk to regarding possible probs with pre mix Mel's Mix

Post  RoOsTeR 5/27/2012, 10:10 am

If it was me I would contact the foundation directly and let them know exactly what issues you are having with the product.

http://www.squarefootgardening.org/contact-info#!__contact-info/vstc73=page-1

Who to talk to regarding possible probs with pre mix Mel's Mix Logo-111
I am my gardens worst enemy.
RoOsTeR
RoOsTeR

Male Posts : 4316

Back to top Go down

Who to talk to regarding possible probs with pre mix Mel's Mix Empty Re: Who to talk to regarding possible probs with pre mix Mel's Mix

Post  southern gardener 5/27/2012, 12:22 pm

Thank you for the contact info Rooster! That's what I need. I sent them a message, and will call during weekday hours. Have a good Memorial Day Smile
southern gardener
southern gardener

Back to top Go down

Post  littlejo 5/27/2012, 2:24 pm

Here is the 800 # 801-782-4559

Victoria is the 'CEO'

Just tell them you want to speak to the highest ranking person on the place! Mel is in California, if you could get the # out there. It would make me mad to find the trash, etc in the product.

Jo
littlejo
littlejo

Female Posts : 1575

Back to top Go down

Post  southern gardener 5/27/2012, 8:27 pm

thank you for the phone number. I will call after the weekend. I called the other SFG toll free number, and the message said the mailbox was full, and hung up on me ;/ I REALLY want this to work! I am disappointed in the customer service from Garden Time, that's for sure. Hope I can get some resolution. Thank you again for the contact information. Have a great Memorial Weekend.
southern gardener
southern gardener

Back to top Go down

Post  southern gardener 5/29/2012, 12:10 pm

Well, still no help. I tried both of the numbers. The messages say the mail box is full. Goodbye. and hangs up. Sent an email too. Hope to hear from someone.....
southern gardener
southern gardener

Back to top Go down

Post  sfg4uKim 5/29/2012, 2:33 pm

This is the week that the Foundation is moving locations from Utah to South Carolina. So it doesn't surprise me that you're having trouble getting someone to answer.

I have seen women looking at jewelry ads with a misty eye and one hand resting on the heart, and I only know what they're feeling because that's how I read the seed catalogs in January - Barbara Kingsolver - Animal, Vegetable, Miracle

sfg4u.com
FB: Square Foot Gardening 4 U

Who to talk to regarding possible probs with pre mix Mel's Mix WxBanner?bannertype=wu_blueglass&airportcode=KBWI&ForcedCity=Glen%20Burnie&ForcedState=MD&zipcode=21060&language=EN
sfg4uKim
sfg4uKim

Certified SFG Instructor

Female Posts : 2054

http://sfg4u.com

Back to top Go down

Post  RoOsTeR 5/29/2012, 3:04 pm

This matter is being addressed.

Who to talk to regarding possible probs with pre mix Mel's Mix Logo-111
I am my gardens worst enemy.
RoOsTeR
RoOsTeR

Male Posts : 4316

Back to top Go down

Post  southern gardener 5/29/2012, 4:46 pm

thank you very much!!
southern gardener
southern gardener

Back to top Go down

Who to talk to regarding possible probs with pre mix Mel's Mix Empty Re: Who to talk to about possible problems with Mel's Mix

Post  tabletopper 5/29/2012, 5:53 pm

I mentioned on this forum about my message to the powers that be ......about the small bark in the Mels Mix.....I bought many many bags at $12.95 a bag....why is bark in it....thats not the receipe......I dont like paying for the bark....this was over 2 months ago and I got a msg that it was forwarded and I would be receiving an answer.....no answer as yet.....Last times I was at Lowes....there was no MM there.....and in the info about the move to South Carolina it was stated that there were going to be distributing sites.....so I wonder whats going on in this direction......Ruth
tabletopper

Female Posts : 235

Back to top Go down

Post  southern gardener 7/6/2012, 2:09 pm

We STILL don't have our replacement soil. Contacted Gro Well again, they are going to check with the California makers, and see what's going on.....This is so frustrating. They say they want to "get it right" before shipping to us, which we appreciate, but man, this is really taking a long time to have no answers. We have boxes with zucchini in them, one plant is green and about a foot across, and another is yellow, and still sits with 4 leaves and flowers. One tomato plant is about 5' tall, the other is about 2' tall. My garden out front that's NOT in Mel's Mix is growing like mad! There's tomato plants that are at least 7-8' tall, onions growing like mad, cilantro robust green, peppers taking off. We planted a basil about a foot tall, DARK green and robust, after about 1 week in the pre made Mel's Mix, it's yellow and hasn't grown at all. It never wilted, just turned yellow. I really wish someone would help us!! We planted our pumpkins on Father's Day, most have sprouted and have 2-3 leaves, but they also seem to be stalling out, but it might be a little early to tell if they're gonna struggle too. I really wish someone would help us!!
southern gardener
southern gardener

Back to top Go down

Post  camprn 7/6/2012, 3:06 pm

While you wait for the corporate wheel to turn...maybe it's time to go see your local folks at the Cooperative Extension Service. Maybe they can give you some advice on how to salvage the situation.

43 years a gardener and going strong with SFG.
https://squarefoot.forumotion.com/t3574-the-end-of-july-7-weeks-until-frost

There are certain pursuits which, if not wholly poetic and true, do at least suggest a nobler and finer relation to nature than we know. The keeping of bees, for instance. ~ Henry David Thoreau

https://squarefoot.forumotion.com/t1306-other-gardening-books

Who to talk to regarding possible probs with pre mix Mel's Mix WxBanner?bannertype=wu_clean2day_cond&airportcode=KEEN&ForcedCity=Keene&ForcedState=NH&zipcode=03431&language=EN
camprn
camprn

Forum Moderator Certified SFG Teacher

Female Posts : 14169

https://squarefoot.forumotion.com/t3574-the-end-of-july-7-week

Back to top Go down

Post  southern gardener 7/6/2012, 4:04 pm

Will do. Just sent them an email.
southern gardener
southern gardener

Back to top Go down

Post  camprn 7/6/2012, 4:13 pm

southern gardener wrote:Will do. Just sent them an email.
I do wish you good luck! you deserve some! Let us know what they say.

43 years a gardener and going strong with SFG.
https://squarefoot.forumotion.com/t3574-the-end-of-july-7-weeks-until-frost

There are certain pursuits which, if not wholly poetic and true, do at least suggest a nobler and finer relation to nature than we know. The keeping of bees, for instance. ~ Henry David Thoreau

https://squarefoot.forumotion.com/t1306-other-gardening-books

Who to talk to regarding possible probs with pre mix Mel's Mix WxBanner?bannertype=wu_clean2day_cond&airportcode=KEEN&ForcedCity=Keene&ForcedState=NH&zipcode=03431&language=EN
camprn
camprn

Forum Moderator Certified SFG Teacher

Female Posts : 14169

https://squarefoot.forumotion.com/t3574-the-end-of-july-7-week

Back to top Go down

Who to talk to regarding possible probs with pre mix Mel's Mix Empty Re: Who to talk to regarding possible problems with pre mix Mels Mix....

Post  tabletopper 7/6/2012, 4:19 pm

So Sorry that you havent got your replacement for Mels Mix.....If they are really testing to find the problems it will probably take a lot of time for the plants to show them that they are in a coma.....or not.....

My tomatoes (4) of them are only 2 and a half ft tall....they do have a few tomatoes on the vines ....cucumbers (5) have stalled.....5 peppers are waiting to be pulled out of the grave....lettuce beets and kale likewise......cant believe all this....

as I mentioned before I have used Mels Mix in past years and have been very happy with the results......but not the batch I recently purchased.....and at $12.95 per bag....I dont like paying for fine bark......that is not the original receipe....like making it myself.....grr grr...

Am changing my 4x4 with a new wire bottom and putting it on concrete blocks.....it was sit on 4 small metal sawhorses.....had an ant problem last year and couldnt find which one of the 16 legs they were using as a freeway......this was not a good idea...but it had Mels Mix in it and had great results in growing.........Ruth
tabletopper

Back to top Go down

Post  southern gardener 7/6/2012, 6:15 pm

Ruth, I totally agree. I have written to Mel himself, and I mentioned you to him, and how you were having problems as well. I told him you said you were not up to the "fight" any longer to get yours replaced, and asked if maybe he could help you. I hope this all works out. I just got my compost thermometer and moisture meter, and I am sooo anxious to get going! My cucumbers sound just like yours, about 3' tall, and some cucumbers, but not anything like the other members show. My peppers are about the same size as when I put them in, have blossoms, but the plants are yellow and the leaves are falling off. Seems like areas of the soil are burning the plants? Who knows Rolling Eyes
southern gardener
southern gardener

Back to top Go down

Who to talk to regarding possible probs with pre mix Mel's Mix Empty Re:Who to talk to regarding problems with Mels Mix

Post  tabletopper 7/6/2012, 7:25 pm

Southern Gardner: aside from the topic....would like to compliment you on your avator......the cute sun ripen tomato with sunglasses also the sexy lady with sunglasses........also enjoy the sea gulls getting dinner......Ruth
tabletopper

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down