Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
Monthly Avatar Theme For April: Your Favorite Animal! - Page 4 Toplef10Monthly Avatar Theme For April: Your Favorite Animal! - Page 4 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

Monthly Avatar Theme For April: Your Favorite Animal! - Page 4 I22gcj10Monthly Avatar Theme For April: Your Favorite Animal! - Page 4 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
Monthly Avatar Theme For April: Your Favorite Animal! - Page 4 Toplef10Monthly Avatar Theme For April: Your Favorite Animal! - Page 4 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

Monthly Avatar Theme For April: Your Favorite Animal! - Page 4 I22gcj10Monthly Avatar Theme For April: Your Favorite Animal! - Page 4 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» New to SFG in Arlington, Tx
by sanderson Today at 3:13 pm

» Soil Blocks: Tutorial In Photos
by OhioGardener Yesterday at 5:20 pm

» Manure tea overwintered outside - is it safe to use?
by Mhpoole 4/24/2024, 7:08 pm

» Advice on my blend
by donnainzone5 4/24/2024, 12:13 pm

» Senseless Banter...
by OhioGardener 4/24/2024, 8:16 am

» Rhubarb Rhubarb
by sanderson 4/23/2024, 8:52 pm

» What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today
by OhioGardener 4/23/2024, 1:53 pm

» What do I do with tomato plants?
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 4/23/2024, 1:36 am

» N & C Midwest: March and April 2024
by Scorpio Rising 4/22/2024, 4:57 pm

» Kiwi's SFG Adventure
by sanderson 4/22/2024, 2:07 pm

» Sacrificial Tomatoes
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 4/22/2024, 10:36 am

» From the Admin - 4th EDITION of All New Square Foot Gardening is in Progress
by sanderson 4/21/2024, 5:02 pm

» Seedling Identification
by AuntieBeth 4/21/2024, 8:00 am

» Happy Birthday!!
by AtlantaMarie 4/21/2024, 6:56 am

» Three Sisters Thursday
by sanderson 4/20/2024, 5:25 pm

» Recommended store bought compost - Photos of composts
by sanderson 4/20/2024, 3:08 pm

» Compost not hot
by Guinevere 4/19/2024, 11:19 am

» Maybe a silly question but...
by sanderson 4/18/2024, 11:22 pm

» Hi from zone 10B--southern orange county, ca
by sanderson 4/18/2024, 12:25 am

» Asparagus
by OhioGardener 4/17/2024, 6:17 pm

» problems with SFG forum site
by OhioGardener 4/16/2024, 8:04 am

» Strawberries per square foot.
by sanderson 4/16/2024, 4:22 am

» What are you eating from your garden today?
by sanderson 4/16/2024, 4:15 am

» April is Kids Gardening Month!
by sanderson 4/15/2024, 2:37 pm

» Creating A Potager Garden
by sanderson 4/15/2024, 2:33 pm

» Butter Beans????
by OhioGardener 4/13/2024, 5:50 pm

» Companion planting
by sanderson 4/13/2024, 4:24 pm

» First timer in Central Virginia (7b) - newly built beds 2024
by sanderson 4/13/2024, 4:16 pm

» California's Drought
by sanderson 4/10/2024, 1:43 pm

» Anyone Using Agribon Row Cover To Extend The Growing Season?
by sanderson 4/8/2024, 10:28 pm

Google

Search SFG Forum

Monthly Avatar Theme For April: Your Favorite Animal!

+34
HereIGrowAgain
furryfeathers
KDeus
elysia
martha
Josh
annamagpie
donnainzone5
Daniel9999
Ha-v-v
Joyce_S
philct
jamesindetroit
dixie
AvaDGardner
Furbalsmom
Kate888
searchnk9
shannon1
Too Tall Tomatoes
UnderTheBlackWalnut
curio
boog1
walshevak
TejasTerry
plantoid
Lindacol
llama momma
WolfHeart
wncsohn
kbb964
GWN
Goosegirl
RoOsTeR
38 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Monthly Avatar Theme For April: Your Favorite Animal! - Page 4 Empty Re: Monthly Avatar Theme For April: Your Favorite Animal!

Post  billamj 4/16/2012, 12:07 pm

My wife has had Airedale terriers since she was young and has gotten me moving down that path. This one looks much like our dog when someone is talking to her about one of her treats. Wink
billamj
billamj

Back to top Go down

Monthly Avatar Theme For April: Your Favorite Animal! - Page 4 Empty Re: Monthly Avatar Theme For April: Your Favorite Animal!

Post  UnderTheBlackWalnut 4/16/2012, 4:27 pm

hruten wrote:We have kept ferrets for 15 years now. Their personalities are as distinctly different as our own family. We love 'em.

I don't have ferrets but I had a college friend in the education program who kept them. They were the smartest creatures and yes, they definitely had their own personalities. She had one in particular who would go to elementary classrooms with her. The kids would sit in a circle, and that ferret would walk from one lap to the next - stay long enough to be petted - and move on to the next child. What was even more amazing, was that if there was a kid we suspected had a tough homelife and needed more hugs than most, that ferret would sit in their lap longer than the other children. It just seemed to know. Smile Welcome to the forum! Do you SFG? Smile
UnderTheBlackWalnut
UnderTheBlackWalnut

Female Posts : 559
Location : Springfield (central), IL, on the line between 5b and 6a

Back to top Go down

Post  Goosegirl 4/16/2012, 5:46 pm

hruten wrote:We have kept ferrets for 15 years now. Their personalities are as distinctly different as our own family. We love 'em.

Love ferrets! They are sooooooooo entertaining!

GG
Goosegirl
Goosegirl

Female Posts : 3435

Back to top Go down

Post  Goosegirl 4/16/2012, 5:47 pm

billamj wrote:My wife has had Airedale terriers since she was young and has gotten me moving down that path. This one looks much like our dog when someone is talking to her about one of her treats. Wink

Scooby Snack? Adorable!
Goosegirl
Goosegirl

Back to top Go down

Post  trukrebew 4/16/2012, 9:46 pm

Godzilla is an animal, right? geek
trukrebew
trukrebew

Male Posts : 129

Back to top Go down

Post  Daniel9999 4/16/2012, 10:19 pm

@ Goosegirl

That would be her momma....Momma Katz

Monthly Avatar Theme For April: Your Favorite Animal! - Page 4 Cats_010
Daniel9999
Daniel9999

Back to top Go down

Post  Goosegirl 4/17/2012, 7:25 am

Daniel9999 wrote:@ Goosegirl

That would be her momma....Momma Katz

[img]Monthly Avatar Theme For April: Your Favorite Animal! - Page 4 Cats_010[/img]

Momma has claimed the shelf! Looks like she's daring you to make her leave!
Goosegirl
Goosegirl

Back to top Go down

Post  givvmistamps 4/18/2012, 4:52 am

My new avatar is a real-live tree frog we found hanging out on our brick house:
Monthly Avatar Theme For April: Your Favorite Animal! - Page 4 2012TreeFrog-1

I LOVE froggies and toads, so this was a perfect chance for me to switch from the animated avatar I found here to something I found and photographed myself.
givvmistamps
givvmistamps

Female Posts : 862
Location : Lake City, (NE) FL; USDA Hardiness Zone 8b, AHS Heat Zone 9, Sunset Zone 28

Back to top Go down

Post  AvaDGardner 4/22/2012, 1:40 am

givvmistamps wrote:My new avatar is a real-live tree frog we found hanging out on our brick house:
Monthly Avatar Theme For April: Your Favorite Animal! - Page 4 2012TreeFrog-1

I LOVE froggies and toads, so this was a perfect chance for me to switch from the animated avatar I found here to something I found and photographed myself.

I'm sooo glad you said! Like GG's cat stretching in the blue blanket, I couldn't see it. I thought yours was a pod of some sort!

Frogs are cool. I used to collect froggie stuff when I was a kid.

Ava
AvaDGardner
AvaDGardner

Female Posts : 634

Back to top Go down

Post  givvmistamps 4/22/2012, 4:33 am

Frogs are cool. I used to collect froggie stuff when I was a kid.

I collect froggie stuff NOW! I have stuffed animal frogs (one of them ribbits when you squeeze it), a toad made from moss and papier mache, a toad made from wire and stones set in metal welded to it, frogs cut out of wood, a frog bookmark, a frog key chain, frog sticky notes...Oh, the list goes on; I can't keep track of them all. I'm not even sure how the collection got started, but frogs are definitely my hallmark.

Just wait til I get around to building my toad abode in the garden; there'll be a little "pond" for the toad, lots of shady plants around it. I can't wait to get that set up. I named the vegetable garden Toad Alley. What a Face We're talking about naming the flower garden Lizard Lane, since we have so many lizards, and now skinks.
givvmistamps
givvmistamps

Location : Lake City, (NE) FL; USDA Hardiness Zone 8b, AHS Heat Zone 9, Sunset Zone 28

Back to top Go down

Post  Goosegirl 4/22/2012, 8:13 am

[quote="givvmistamps"]
I named the vegetable garden Toad Alley. What a Face We're talking about naming the flower garden Lizard Lane, since we have so many lizards, and now skinks.

You'll have to put in a Skink Street as well!

GG
Goosegirl
Goosegirl

Back to top Go down

Post  givvmistamps 4/22/2012, 9:07 am

cheers Thank you! I was trying to figure out what to name after them!

Now to find a name for another section to honor the black snake...my husband suggested Slytherin, but if we're going to have an alley, a lane, and a street, I'd like to continue the trend...
givvmistamps
givvmistamps

Back to top Go down

Post  Goosegirl 4/22/2012, 9:35 am

givvmistamps wrote:cheers Thank you! I was trying to figure out what to name after them!

Now to find a name for another section to honor the black snake...my husband suggested Slytherin, but if we're going to have an alley, a lane, and a street, I'd like to continue the trend...

Black Snake Boulevard!

Unfortunately, right now I have Bunny Boulevard and Doggie Drive.....

GG
Goosegirl
Goosegirl

Back to top Go down

Post  givvmistamps 4/22/2012, 10:22 am

Goosegirl wrote:
givvmistamps wrote:cheers Thank you! I was trying to figure out what to name after them!

Black Snake Boulevard!

Unfortunately, right now I have Bunny Boulevard and Doggie Drive.....

GG

Monthly Avatar Theme For April: Your Favorite Animal! - Page 4 657780 Thanks GG! Now we have three names for yet-to-be-planted sections of the yard and we can sit down as a family to decide which will be which. It will also make things easier when we talk to the boys about which garden we will be planting what flowers in. I believe I'll shorten Black Snake to Blacksnake, since that's how it's said where I learned the name in VA.

Since you're on a roll, can you think of one for the Green Tree Frog? Right now thinking straight is about like this for me: Monthly Avatar Theme For April: Your Favorite Animal! - Page 4 233716(I sure wish that beautiful frog had a better, more descriptive name!)
givvmistamps
givvmistamps

Back to top Go down

Post  UnderTheBlackWalnut 4/22/2012, 12:50 pm

Tree Frog Terrace? Tree Frog Trail?

It would be cool to let the kids make signs designating the different parts of the garden and then somehow laminate or put them in clear acrylic or something (like they do at the parks)... Smile
UnderTheBlackWalnut
UnderTheBlackWalnut

Female Posts : 559
Location : Springfield (central), IL, on the line between 5b and 6a

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4