Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
Have to leave another garden - and potato road trip Toplef10Have to leave another garden - and potato road trip 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

Have to leave another garden - and potato road trip I22gcj10Have to leave another garden - and potato road trip 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
Have to leave another garden - and potato road trip Toplef10Have to leave another garden - and potato road trip 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

Have to leave another garden - and potato road trip I22gcj10Have to leave another garden - and potato road trip 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» New to SFG in Arlington, Tx
by sanderson Today at 3:13 pm

» Soil Blocks: Tutorial In Photos
by OhioGardener Yesterday at 5:20 pm

» Manure tea overwintered outside - is it safe to use?
by Mhpoole 4/24/2024, 7:08 pm

» Advice on my blend
by donnainzone5 4/24/2024, 12:13 pm

» Senseless Banter...
by OhioGardener 4/24/2024, 8:16 am

» Rhubarb Rhubarb
by sanderson 4/23/2024, 8:52 pm

» What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today
by OhioGardener 4/23/2024, 1:53 pm

» What do I do with tomato plants?
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 4/23/2024, 1:36 am

» N & C Midwest: March and April 2024
by Scorpio Rising 4/22/2024, 4:57 pm

» Kiwi's SFG Adventure
by sanderson 4/22/2024, 2:07 pm

» Sacrificial Tomatoes
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 4/22/2024, 10:36 am

» From the Admin - 4th EDITION of All New Square Foot Gardening is in Progress
by sanderson 4/21/2024, 5:02 pm

» Seedling Identification
by AuntieBeth 4/21/2024, 8:00 am

» Happy Birthday!!
by AtlantaMarie 4/21/2024, 6:56 am

» Three Sisters Thursday
by sanderson 4/20/2024, 5:25 pm

» Recommended store bought compost - Photos of composts
by sanderson 4/20/2024, 3:08 pm

» Compost not hot
by Guinevere 4/19/2024, 11:19 am

» Maybe a silly question but...
by sanderson 4/18/2024, 11:22 pm

» Hi from zone 10B--southern orange county, ca
by sanderson 4/18/2024, 12:25 am

» Asparagus
by OhioGardener 4/17/2024, 6:17 pm

» problems with SFG forum site
by OhioGardener 4/16/2024, 8:04 am

» Strawberries per square foot.
by sanderson 4/16/2024, 4:22 am

» What are you eating from your garden today?
by sanderson 4/16/2024, 4:15 am

» April is Kids Gardening Month!
by sanderson 4/15/2024, 2:37 pm

» Creating A Potager Garden
by sanderson 4/15/2024, 2:33 pm

» Butter Beans????
by OhioGardener 4/13/2024, 5:50 pm

» Companion planting
by sanderson 4/13/2024, 4:24 pm

» First timer in Central Virginia (7b) - newly built beds 2024
by sanderson 4/13/2024, 4:16 pm

» California's Drought
by sanderson 4/10/2024, 1:43 pm

» Anyone Using Agribon Row Cover To Extend The Growing Season?
by sanderson 4/8/2024, 10:28 pm

Google

Search SFG Forum

Have to leave another garden - and potato road trip

+2
RoOsTeR
Chopper
6 posters

Go down

Have to leave another garden - and potato road trip Empty Have to leave another garden - and potato road trip

Post  Chopper 2/29/2012, 4:33 pm

Arrrrgggghhh! It has been a he** of a few years. I moved to my current spot in November and within a short time convinced my landlady that her 4X4 built in raised be would be suitable for an SFG. So we planted and it looks great. She is a real health food nut so fresh veggies are a plus.
Have to leave another garden - and potato road trip 3_mar_14

However, at 81 she has decided to sell her house and move. My own decision is to take a summer sabbatical and return to my roots in Massachusetts for six months or so. I will be returning to Southern California as soon as I can, but life has been throwing me some curve balls and my hand is getting bruised so we shall see. In the meantime, I am staying on as regional host. If someone is champing at the bit to get that job, feel free to contact the administrator. Smile

I am hopping into my car and making the 3000 mile trek on March 15. One of my priority pieces of luggage will be my box o' potatoes. LOL. I am seeing this thru if it kills me. Whatever is in the back seat, the potatoes will go on top. Hopefully there will not be any sudden stops resulting in the front seat filled with dirt.

I expect the highlight of my trip will be sneaking a peak at Josh and family's homestead. I am very excited about that, although it is very, very early in the planting season.

Have to leave another garden - and potato road trip 3_mar_15

I may plant a table top at my family home, although I will not be staying there, whether they like it or not. They have the room and the sun and I have offered before but have never been around to be able to take care of it. So, that will be the next project.

I am a person who likes to have a nest. All I want is a bungalow with a southern exposure. On the coast. In Encinitas. Cheap. Asking too much?
Chopper

Female Posts : 2467
Location : Warner Springs, CA USDA Zone 8a, Sunset Zone 7 (I think)

http://thezimmermannfamilytoo.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Have to leave another garden - and potato road trip Empty Re: Have to leave another garden - and potato road trip

Post  RoOsTeR 2/29/2012, 4:55 pm

Everything is all good Chopper. Still happy to hear the taters are takin the trip with ya Very Happy We'll be here waiting for your roadtrip report when you arrive back east. Like a Star @ heaven

Have to leave another garden - and potato road trip Logo-111
I am my gardens worst enemy.
RoOsTeR
RoOsTeR

Male Posts : 4316

Back to top Go down

Have to leave another garden - and potato road trip Empty Re: Have to leave another garden - and potato road trip

Post  martha 2/29/2012, 4:57 pm

I am very envious of you being able to visit Chez Josh, but while you are in Massachusetts..... Have to leave another garden - and potato road trip 396615

I am also sorry you have to move - this has to be very disruptive for you. Have to leave another garden - and potato road trip 966236
martha
martha

Female Posts : 2188

Back to top Go down

Post  Furbalsmom 2/29/2012, 5:35 pm

Sorry for the continued disruptions in your life, but please enjoy your trip to the NE.

Have fun with your family and teach them how to deal with a Table Top. They will be glad you did it for them.
Furbalsmom
Furbalsmom

Female Posts : 3141

Back to top Go down

Post  gwennifer 2/29/2012, 7:30 pm

Oh dear, I'm sorry to see this. No, having a nest isn't too much to ask. I wish you the best on your trip and during your sabbatical. Drive carefully and check in when you can.
gwennifer
gwennifer

Certified SFG Instructor

Female Posts : 1414

http://www.bluekeypm.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Chopper 2/29/2012, 7:33 pm

My brother in law is a carpenter and I am a wood challenged person who would have had to invent curse words if they did not already exist in order to work with wood. I am hoping that if I get it started, he will take pity on me and finish them. LOL. But either way, if you are sensitive, I would not drive down my street until they are done.
Chopper

Female Posts : 2467
Location : Warner Springs, CA USDA Zone 8a, Sunset Zone 7 (I think)

http://thezimmermannfamilytoo.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ericam 3/1/2012, 6:43 am

Sorry to hear you have to move, safe journey and good luck with the wood work!
ericam
ericam

Female Posts : 283

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down