Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
Hi...are you from Vancouver, Washington? Toplef10Hi...are you from Vancouver, Washington? 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

Hi...are you from Vancouver, Washington? I22gcj10Hi...are you from Vancouver, Washington? 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
Hi...are you from Vancouver, Washington? Toplef10Hi...are you from Vancouver, Washington? 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

Hi...are you from Vancouver, Washington? I22gcj10Hi...are you from Vancouver, Washington? 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Ohio Gardener's Greenhouse
by OhioGardener Today at 3:36 pm

» N & C Midwest—May 2024
by OhioGardener Today at 3:16 pm

» Greetings from Southport NC
by sanderson Today at 4:36 am

» In the news: Biosolids in Texas.
by sanderson Today at 4:19 am

» Rhubarb Rhubarb
by Scorpio Rising Yesterday at 7:57 pm

» What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today
by Scorpio Rising Yesterday at 7:55 pm

» Complicated mixed up bunny poop!
by jemm Yesterday at 7:24 pm

» Mark's first SFG
by markqz 5/4/2024, 12:08 am

» question about the digital tools from the sfg site.
by OhioGardener 5/2/2024, 4:50 pm

» Assistance Needed: Sugar Snap Peas Yellowing and Wilting
by Scorpio Rising 5/1/2024, 8:24 pm

» OMG, GMO from an unexpected place.
by sanderson 5/1/2024, 1:57 am

» N & C Midwest: March and April 2024
by Scorpio Rising 4/29/2024, 1:30 pm

» Lovage, has anyone grown, or used
by OhioGardener 4/29/2024, 12:27 pm

» New to SFG in Arlington, Tx
by sanderson 4/26/2024, 3:13 pm

» Soil Blocks: Tutorial In Photos
by OhioGardener 4/25/2024, 5:20 pm

» Manure tea overwintered outside - is it safe to use?
by Mhpoole 4/24/2024, 7:08 pm

» Advice on my blend
by donnainzone5 4/24/2024, 12:13 pm

» Senseless Banter...
by OhioGardener 4/24/2024, 8:16 am

» What do I do with tomato plants?
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 4/23/2024, 1:36 am

» Kiwi's SFG Adventure
by sanderson 4/22/2024, 2:07 pm

» Sacrificial Tomatoes
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 4/22/2024, 10:36 am

» From the Admin - 4th EDITION of All New Square Foot Gardening is in Progress
by sanderson 4/21/2024, 5:02 pm

» Seedling Identification
by AuntieBeth 4/21/2024, 8:00 am

» Happy Birthday!!
by AtlantaMarie 4/21/2024, 6:56 am

» Three Sisters Thursday
by sanderson 4/20/2024, 5:25 pm

» Recommended store bought compost - Photos of composts
by sanderson 4/20/2024, 3:08 pm

» Compost not hot
by Guinevere 4/19/2024, 11:19 am

» Maybe a silly question but...
by sanderson 4/18/2024, 11:22 pm

» Hi from zone 10B--southern orange county, ca
by sanderson 4/18/2024, 12:25 am

» Asparagus
by OhioGardener 4/17/2024, 6:17 pm

Google

Search SFG Forum

Hi...are you from Vancouver, Washington?

5 posters

Go down

Hi...are you from Vancouver, Washington? Empty Hi...are you from Vancouver, Washington?

Post  EatYourVeggies 1/14/2012, 2:53 am

Hello...my name is Dave (honest, it doesn't say EatYourVeggies on my birth certificate or DD-214). I'm not asking for geographical specifics, I'm just interested in folks living in Clark County or close by, like Portland. As of this writing, I have three reasons for asking and they are:

1) Possible get togethers where we could potentially show off our gardens, perhaps even making it a potluck with other SFG Forum members in the area.

2) Possible get togethers where we could have seed exchanges and make it a potluck, with other SFG Forum members in the area.

3) And finally, I'm trying to get a feel for how many SFG Forum members are in the area, possibly interested in becoming Certified SFG Instructors. I'm personally interested, but not at the expense of attending in Florida. I've contacted the Foundation and its possible a Certification program could be run in the Pacific Northwest this year, but I'm certain would depend upon how many are interested.

Thank you in advance for any information contributed.
EatYourVeggies
EatYourVeggies

Male Posts : 155

Back to top Go down

Hi...are you from Vancouver, Washington? Empty Re: Hi...are you from Vancouver, Washington?

Post  Furbalsmom 1/14/2012, 1:04 pm

Dave,

I live on the OR Coast, South of Florence, but I go up to Bremerton and Sequim, WA on occasion to visit family. That means I go through Vancouver.

It sure would be nice if we were to have a Certified SFG Instructors program in the PNW. I purchased the at home study course some time ago and still have not completed it. Embarassed
Furbalsmom
Furbalsmom

Female Posts : 3141

Back to top Go down

Hi...are you from Vancouver, Washington? Empty Re: Hi...are you from Vancouver, Washington?

Post  gwennifer 1/14/2012, 3:12 pm

Well I know you've already found me, and I told you I wasn't able to flush anyone out from here earlier last year when I tried. But it's a new year, and maybe some more (like yourself) will join us!

I would definitely be interested in the certification if they held it in Portland. I would not drive up to Seattle for it. I've seen evidence that there are many square foot gardeners out there that are not here on the forums, so lack of response on here would not necessarily be an indicator of how well received the foundation would be if they actually came here.
gwennifer
gwennifer

Certified SFG Instructor

Female Posts : 1414

http://www.bluekeypm.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ModernDayBetty 1/14/2012, 5:42 pm

I'm in Eastern Washington but I would drive to either Portland or Seattle for a certification class! That would be Awesome!
ModernDayBetty
ModernDayBetty

Female Posts : 298

Back to top Go down

Post  LittleGardener 1/14/2012, 6:00 pm

Rotating between 2 locations: near Seattle, & near Mt.St.Helen
LittleGardener
LittleGardener

Female Posts : 370

Back to top Go down

Hi...are you from Vancouver, Washington? Empty Update....

Post  EatYourVeggies 1/14/2012, 7:47 pm

I'm thrilled to see members of the SFG Forum replying. Also, that there is potential interest for our area as I suspected. I respectfully ask that if you are at all interested, you please follow this thread, reply and let it be known. My reasoning for this request has become even more important due to Mel (yes, our mentor) replying in the last 24 hours with some proposals and now aware of this thread, via my reply to him. I can't guarantee he's watching it or anything else at this point, but you can be certain I will keep everyone up to date with facts as we progress....Dave Very Happy aka: EatYourVeggies
EatYourVeggies
EatYourVeggies

Male Posts : 155

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum