Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
Just picked the last of the garden---never have gone into Nov!!! Toplef10Just picked the last of the garden---never have gone into Nov!!! 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

Just picked the last of the garden---never have gone into Nov!!! I22gcj10Just picked the last of the garden---never have gone into Nov!!! 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
Just picked the last of the garden---never have gone into Nov!!! Toplef10Just picked the last of the garden---never have gone into Nov!!! 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

Just picked the last of the garden---never have gone into Nov!!! I22gcj10Just picked the last of the garden---never have gone into Nov!!! 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» N & C Midwest—May 2024
by OhioGardener Today at 5:02 pm

» question about the digital tools from the sfg site.
by OhioGardener Today at 4:50 pm

» Assistance Needed: Sugar Snap Peas Yellowing and Wilting
by Scorpio Rising Yesterday at 8:24 pm

» Mark's first SFG
by markqz Yesterday at 11:23 am

» OMG, GMO from an unexpected place.
by sanderson Yesterday at 1:57 am

» Greetings from Southport NC
by ralitaco 4/29/2024, 9:47 pm

» N & C Midwest: March and April 2024
by Scorpio Rising 4/29/2024, 1:30 pm

» Lovage, has anyone grown, or used
by OhioGardener 4/29/2024, 12:27 pm

» Ohio Gardener's Greenhouse
by OhioGardener 4/28/2024, 10:20 am

» New to SFG in Arlington, Tx
by sanderson 4/26/2024, 3:13 pm

» Soil Blocks: Tutorial In Photos
by OhioGardener 4/25/2024, 5:20 pm

» Manure tea overwintered outside - is it safe to use?
by Mhpoole 4/24/2024, 7:08 pm

» Advice on my blend
by donnainzone5 4/24/2024, 12:13 pm

» Senseless Banter...
by OhioGardener 4/24/2024, 8:16 am

» Rhubarb Rhubarb
by sanderson 4/23/2024, 8:52 pm

» What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today
by OhioGardener 4/23/2024, 1:53 pm

» What do I do with tomato plants?
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 4/23/2024, 1:36 am

» Kiwi's SFG Adventure
by sanderson 4/22/2024, 2:07 pm

» Sacrificial Tomatoes
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 4/22/2024, 10:36 am

» From the Admin - 4th EDITION of All New Square Foot Gardening is in Progress
by sanderson 4/21/2024, 5:02 pm

» Seedling Identification
by AuntieBeth 4/21/2024, 8:00 am

» Happy Birthday!!
by AtlantaMarie 4/21/2024, 6:56 am

» Three Sisters Thursday
by sanderson 4/20/2024, 5:25 pm

» Recommended store bought compost - Photos of composts
by sanderson 4/20/2024, 3:08 pm

» Compost not hot
by Guinevere 4/19/2024, 11:19 am

» Maybe a silly question but...
by sanderson 4/18/2024, 11:22 pm

» Hi from zone 10B--southern orange county, ca
by sanderson 4/18/2024, 12:25 am

» Asparagus
by OhioGardener 4/17/2024, 6:17 pm

» problems with SFG forum site
by OhioGardener 4/16/2024, 8:04 am

» Strawberries per square foot.
by sanderson 4/16/2024, 4:22 am

Google

Search SFG Forum

Just picked the last of the garden---never have gone into Nov!!!

2 posters

Go down

Just picked the last of the garden---never have gone into Nov!!! Empty Just picked the last of the garden---never have gone into Nov!!!

Post  milaneyjane 11/13/2011, 9:31 pm

I am so excited. Here is my fall update:

I just picked the carrots today and I am officially done out in the garden until spring. It is a little mind boggling thinking of harvesting in mid November in Minnesota. This has been the best garden summer ever and I can honestly say except for some cucumber, NOTHING went to waste this year.

As crazy at it sounds, by planting such huge amounts it was easier to keep up with the garden. Instead of having to wait to make sure I had enough tomato or peppers to make salsa and then have some go bad while I waited, I ALWAYS had something that could be processed. It was worth my time to can 8 full qts of beans versus one or two qts. Or have bags full of carrots to freeze, can etc all at once versus a smaller amount here and there.I have shelves full of canned salsa (several varieties), tomato sauce, spaghetti sauce, different kinds of pickles, jams, green beans etc...

Because I just got done with the last of the picking, I spent today out cleaning out all the flower beds, starting a new compost pile for next spring (DH went and threw in large branches and tons of weeds and other items into the existing pile and I think we are just going to have to burn the old pile Mad ) I also let the last batch of beans dry on the cattle panel tunnel so I was able to shell them today and havehundreds of bean seeds next year. The kids cleared out their flower beds and we could seriously start a marigold business with the amount of marigold seeds the oldest saved it is a ziplock sandwhich bag that is crammed full to the top. Thankfully he didn't decided to pluck the seeds from all the marigolds.

And now the fun begins....I already am drawing out next springs garden Very Happy
milaneyjane
milaneyjane

Back to top Go down

Just picked the last of the garden---never have gone into Nov!!! Empty Re: Just picked the last of the garden---never have gone into Nov!!!

Post  janezee 11/14/2011, 1:09 am

Congratulations! That's impressive!
I know just what you mean about November. I'm stunned, too.
I just picked the last of my zucchini, had some peas and broccoli while I covered up, and checked on my spinach and lettuce (tiny). Gai lan is just about ready to harvest, and I still have beets and carrots coming for Thanksgiving. I used to garden in Massachusetts, years ago, and never had it this good.
And yes, I'm working on next year's plans, too!
j
janezee
janezee

Female Posts : 242

Back to top Go down