Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
Great Neighbors!! - Page 2 Toplef10Great Neighbors!! - Page 2 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

Great Neighbors!! - Page 2 I22gcj10Great Neighbors!! - Page 2 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
Great Neighbors!! - Page 2 Toplef10Great Neighbors!! - Page 2 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

Great Neighbors!! - Page 2 I22gcj10Great Neighbors!! - Page 2 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Spring Flowers
by OhioGardener Today at 8:52 am

» What do I do with tomato plants?
by SMEDLEY BUTLER Yesterday at 8:53 pm

» N & C Midwest—May 2024
by OhioGardener Yesterday at 7:14 pm

» Ohio Gardener's Greenhouse
by OhioGardener Yesterday at 7:02 pm

» What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today
by OhioGardener 5/17/2024, 4:09 pm

» Compost not hot
by OhioGardener 5/17/2024, 8:05 am

» First timer in Central Virginia (7b) - newly built beds 2024
by flossy21 5/16/2024, 5:34 pm

» Help me correct my mistakes for next year please
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 5/16/2024, 4:46 pm

» Cabbage worms
by sanderson 5/16/2024, 1:34 am

» Complicated mixed up bunny poop!
by plantoid 5/14/2024, 7:20 pm

» They don't call 'em garden BEDS for nothing.
by sanderson 5/12/2024, 2:34 am

» Birds of the Garden
by OhioGardener 5/7/2024, 8:26 pm

» Greetings from Southport NC
by sanderson 5/6/2024, 4:36 am

» In the news: Biosolids in Texas.
by sanderson 5/6/2024, 4:19 am

» Rhubarb Rhubarb
by Scorpio Rising 5/5/2024, 7:57 pm

» Mark's first SFG
by markqz 5/4/2024, 12:08 am

» question about the digital tools from the sfg site.
by OhioGardener 5/2/2024, 4:50 pm

» Assistance Needed: Sugar Snap Peas Yellowing and Wilting
by Scorpio Rising 5/1/2024, 8:24 pm

» OMG, GMO from an unexpected place.
by sanderson 5/1/2024, 1:57 am

» N & C Midwest: March and April 2024
by Scorpio Rising 4/29/2024, 1:30 pm

» Lovage, has anyone grown, or used
by OhioGardener 4/29/2024, 12:27 pm

» New to SFG in Arlington, Tx
by sanderson 4/26/2024, 3:13 pm

» Soil Blocks: Tutorial In Photos
by OhioGardener 4/25/2024, 5:20 pm

» Manure tea overwintered outside - is it safe to use?
by Mhpoole 4/24/2024, 7:08 pm

» Advice on my blend
by donnainzone5 4/24/2024, 12:13 pm

» Senseless Banter...
by OhioGardener 4/24/2024, 8:16 am

» Kiwi's SFG Adventure
by sanderson 4/22/2024, 2:07 pm

» Sacrificial Tomatoes
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 4/22/2024, 10:36 am

» From the Admin - 4th EDITION of All New Square Foot Gardening is in Progress
by sanderson 4/21/2024, 5:02 pm

» Happy Birthday!!
by AtlantaMarie 4/21/2024, 6:56 am

Google

Search SFG Forum

Great Neighbors!!

+5
llama momma
RoOsTeR
Goosegirl
Too Tall Tomatoes
southern gardener
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Great Neighbors!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Great Neighbors!!

Post  llama momma 11/13/2011, 11:33 am

nKedrOoStEr wrote:Now you got me looking around locally for some llama pooh...like I don't have enough critter manure around here already lol. But it sounds great (great pooh?) and I really would like to use some in a compost bin, just to compare it to what I have been using. cyclops
In the past, I had mentioned to the wife getting rid of our "meat goats" and getting llamas. I failed... Sad

Oh my! May I suggest perhaps your wife doesn't know how much you can do with llamas? Great manure, you can show llamas, you can put them in obstacle course competitions, sell the fiber or spin it yourself, they will guard other animals, they have a calming affect on humans, they are majestic to look at, we take them into nursing homes and they get right on the elevator. Residents hug them and have their pictures taken. I have done a library program for children, right inside the library of course. People use them for day hike packing programs, they will do nearly anything you ask of them once they trust you. They travel 2-3 of them right inside our extended length van, should see the looks as people watch them gracefully and obediently hop inside. These animals are so docile and polite and inquisitive. There is a golf course in N. Carolina I heard uses them as caddies. They will tolerate costumes very well so ours have been in many parades. My husband uses them to promote his business and the llamas have been to countless chamber of commerce events. Last year our llama appeared at a Toys for Tots event and more people wanted their pic taken with the llama wearing his santa hat and christmas outfit than with dear Santa himself. These are lovely quiet animals that have been around since biblical times as beasts of burden. We keep finding more uses for them Very Happy
llama momma
llama momma

Certified SFG Instructor

Female Posts : 4921

Back to top Go down

Post  milaneyjane 11/13/2011, 9:50 pm

I never thought I would be so excited to have one of my students bring in a bunny to school and be told by her mom they have piles of poo I can have, LOL!
milaneyjane
milaneyjane

Back to top Go down

Post  Too Tall Tomatoes 11/13/2011, 11:31 pm

milaneyjane wrote:I never thought I would be so excited to have one of my students bring in a bunny to school and be told by her mom they have piles of poo I can have, LOL!

That's what the woman at the alpaca ranch told me.......I can have all of the poop I want. LOL and that's the same thing the horse lady told me earlier this week.
Too Tall Tomatoes
Too Tall Tomatoes

Male Posts : 1069

Back to top Go down

Post  FamilyGardening 11/13/2011, 11:46 pm

you know whats scary What a Face .......when we drive around town......im looking for compost stuff for our garden......i say things like....look that would be a great pile of leaves to rake up and put into the garden/compost....today i said it again to hubby....he said... *they are all wet and soggy*....i said...*i know...they would be awesome!* Laughing

or i say...lets take a walk around the block and go knock on some doors to see if we can have some critter poo Shocked

hubby thinks im losing it.....:arrow:

hugs

rose
FamilyGardening
FamilyGardening

Female Posts : 2424

Back to top Go down

Post  Too Tall Tomatoes 11/13/2011, 11:52 pm

Great Neighbors!! - Page 2 656620

Wow....and I thought I was the only nutty one! That's just great! I am always on the lookout for composting ingredients too. Back in September after the Hurricane roared through here, I was so tempted to go around town and take piles of leaves that people would rake out of the storm drains in the streets.
Too Tall Tomatoes
Too Tall Tomatoes

Back to top Go down

Post  llama momma 11/14/2011, 5:19 am

As long as we're confessing -- my job takes me to many different sites. At daybreak last week I passed an unfamiliar neighborhood with very large mature trees. It was trash day! There must have been hundreds of bags of leaves all neatly put out at the end of all those driveways. My eyes got really big. I pulled up to a house with 12 bags. Felt like the biggest dork. Pointed to the bags, pointed to my car, waved and smiled at the house in case they were looking out their windows. Quickly grabbed and stuffed eight of those bags into the small rental car I happened to be using that day. Turned around and mouthed a big thank you and took off. It turned out to be a warm sunny day. The end of the work day, not only was the inside of car very hot, the inside back windshield was totally wet from the heat of the damp leaves. Crazy Leaf Lady!
llama momma
llama momma

Certified SFG Instructor

Female Posts : 4921

Back to top Go down

Post  Goosegirl 11/14/2011, 6:56 am

FamilyGardening wrote:or i say...lets take a walk around the block and go knock on some doors to see if we can have some critter poo Shocked

hubby thinks im losing it.....:arrow:

hugs

rose

rofl I try to keep quiet about these things in my house - what Hubby doesn't know won't embarrass him! rofl

GG
Goosegirl
Goosegirl

Female Posts : 3435

Back to top Go down

Post  Too Tall Tomatoes 11/14/2011, 7:00 am

The inside of my car still smells like alpaca and rabbit manure. lol!

I drive to New Jersey for my job and if I see any more bagged leaves this week, I might take some home with me.
Too Tall Tomatoes
Too Tall Tomatoes

Back to top Go down

Post  RoOsTeR 11/14/2011, 7:45 am

llama momma wrote:As long as we're confessing -- my job takes me to many different sites. At daybreak last week I passed an unfamiliar neighborhood with very large mature trees. It was trash day! There must have been hundreds of bags of leaves all neatly put out at the end of all those driveways. My eyes got really big. I pulled up to a house with 12 bags. Felt like the biggest dork. Pointed to the bags, pointed to my car, waved and smiled at the house in case they were looking out their windows. Quickly grabbed and stuffed eight of those bags into the small rental car I happened to be using that day. Turned around and mouthed a big thank you and took off. It turned out to be a warm sunny day. The end of the work day, not only was the inside of car very hot, the inside back windshield was totally wet from the heat of the damp leaves. Crazy Leaf Lady!

Lol. Just last week I noticed a fellow employee with six bags of leaves in the back of his truck. Have you ever seen a Nissan Versa with six bags of leaves stuffed in the back seat affraid
I am soo glad I am not the only one driving around looking at peoples yards of leaves and grass. Today I purposely plan on taking a route to work that takes me right by a llama farm cherry

Great Neighbors!! - Page 2 Logo-111
I am my gardens worst enemy.
RoOsTeR
RoOsTeR

Male Posts : 4316

Back to top Go down

Post  Too Tall Tomatoes 11/14/2011, 7:50 am

nKedrOoStEr wrote:Today I purposely plan on taking a route to work that takes me right by a llama farm cherry

Make sure you take some empty buckets with you. Great Neighbors!! - Page 2 262465

If you don't I guarantee that you'll wish you did.
Too Tall Tomatoes
Too Tall Tomatoes

Back to top Go down

Post  southern gardener 11/15/2011, 11:23 pm

welp! the good neighbor strikes again! We heard "the tractor" and here he rolls up with another barrel! He said he can get us plenty. We promptly took him a loaf of fresh warm homemade sour dough bread, and off he rode into the sunset! love it!! cheers
southern gardener
southern gardener

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2