Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
Who is  Harvesting What in the Coastal and Tropical South Toplef10Who is  Harvesting What in the Coastal and Tropical South 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

Who is  Harvesting What in the Coastal and Tropical South I22gcj10Who is  Harvesting What in the Coastal and Tropical South 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
Who is  Harvesting What in the Coastal and Tropical South Toplef10Who is  Harvesting What in the Coastal and Tropical South 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

Who is  Harvesting What in the Coastal and Tropical South I22gcj10Who is  Harvesting What in the Coastal and Tropical South 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Birds of the Garden
by OhioGardener Today at 8:26 pm

» N & C Midwest—May 2024
by OhioGardener Today at 2:25 pm

» Ohio Gardener's Greenhouse
by OhioGardener Yesterday at 3:36 pm

» Greetings from Southport NC
by sanderson Yesterday at 4:36 am

» In the news: Biosolids in Texas.
by sanderson Yesterday at 4:19 am

» Rhubarb Rhubarb
by Scorpio Rising 5/5/2024, 7:57 pm

» What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today
by Scorpio Rising 5/5/2024, 7:55 pm

» Complicated mixed up bunny poop!
by jemm 5/5/2024, 7:24 pm

» Mark's first SFG
by markqz 5/4/2024, 12:08 am

» question about the digital tools from the sfg site.
by OhioGardener 5/2/2024, 4:50 pm

» Assistance Needed: Sugar Snap Peas Yellowing and Wilting
by Scorpio Rising 5/1/2024, 8:24 pm

» OMG, GMO from an unexpected place.
by sanderson 5/1/2024, 1:57 am

» N & C Midwest: March and April 2024
by Scorpio Rising 4/29/2024, 1:30 pm

» Lovage, has anyone grown, or used
by OhioGardener 4/29/2024, 12:27 pm

» New to SFG in Arlington, Tx
by sanderson 4/26/2024, 3:13 pm

» Soil Blocks: Tutorial In Photos
by OhioGardener 4/25/2024, 5:20 pm

» Manure tea overwintered outside - is it safe to use?
by Mhpoole 4/24/2024, 7:08 pm

» Advice on my blend
by donnainzone5 4/24/2024, 12:13 pm

» Senseless Banter...
by OhioGardener 4/24/2024, 8:16 am

» What do I do with tomato plants?
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 4/23/2024, 1:36 am

» Kiwi's SFG Adventure
by sanderson 4/22/2024, 2:07 pm

» Sacrificial Tomatoes
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 4/22/2024, 10:36 am

» From the Admin - 4th EDITION of All New Square Foot Gardening is in Progress
by sanderson 4/21/2024, 5:02 pm

» Seedling Identification
by AuntieBeth 4/21/2024, 8:00 am

» Happy Birthday!!
by AtlantaMarie 4/21/2024, 6:56 am

» Three Sisters Thursday
by sanderson 4/20/2024, 5:25 pm

» Recommended store bought compost - Photos of composts
by sanderson 4/20/2024, 3:08 pm

» Compost not hot
by Guinevere 4/19/2024, 11:19 am

» Maybe a silly question but...
by sanderson 4/18/2024, 11:22 pm

» Hi from zone 10B--southern orange county, ca
by sanderson 4/18/2024, 12:25 am

Google

Search SFG Forum

Who is Harvesting What in the Coastal and Tropical South

4 posters

Go down

Who is  Harvesting What in the Coastal and Tropical South Empty Who is Harvesting What in the Coastal and Tropical South

Post  shannon1 5/22/2011, 2:45 am

So far for me it has been cucs, patty pan squash, tomato (just 1 so far),eggplant, chilies, Purple Beauty sweet peppers and bib lettuce.
shannon1
shannon1

Back to top Go down

Who is  Harvesting What in the Coastal and Tropical South Empty Who is Harvesting What in the Coastal and Tropical South

Post  sherryeo 5/22/2011, 10:05 am

I think I probably got a bit of a later start than you, Shannon. I just this morning picked my first vegetable from the sfg - a zucchini! Who is  Harvesting What in the Coastal and Tropical South 418730 I don't think I'm going to plant squash in my regular sfg again, but try to make some special 2X2 squash boxes, like pattipan has done. I think I'm going to try to gently loop some string around these and attach to my trellis or a stake to keep them pulled back a bit from my tomatoes and other plants.

I've had cilantro and parsley for weeks now. I have tomatoes, Marion and Better Boy, that range from tiny babes to what I would call medium-sized - still a ways to go before I can harvest those. But man, oh man, I'm so looking forward to my first tomato - one that actually has some TASTE to it, unlike those you get at the grocery store!

I have Boston Pickling cucumbers that have little cucumbers all over them, Evening Dew melons that have had their first bloom, but won't be harvesting from those for a while yet.

I have snap beans coming on, but the plants look pretty yellow and I'm not sure they'll hold out till I get a harvest. I have some pepper plants, but the first tiny pepper that formed fell off, so they're being a bit slow - hope they'll perk up. My Carrot Week carrots finally have sprouted - last count there were about 25 of them, so I'll probably have to thin. I'm still doubtful they'll do much in the heat here.

I'm looking forward to trying lettuce for a fall garden. When did you plant yours? Did you plant heat-resistant varieties?

Overall, I'm pleased with my garden - not completely without problems, but then, almost nothing worth doing is. I'm certainly enjoying it! I look forward to sneaking out to the garden for a quick peek at my plants before going to work and that's the first thing I usually do when I get home. I look forward to seeing others from the coastal and tropical south post about their gardens.
sherryeo
sherryeo

Female Posts : 850

Back to top Go down

Who is  Harvesting What in the Coastal and Tropical South Empty Re: Who is Harvesting What in the Coastal and Tropical South

Post  chexmix 5/22/2011, 10:33 am

To date I have picked....

tomatoes (early Girl, Roma, Sweet 100 and another grape one),

Cucumbers, green beans, squash,

peppers (bell (green, yellow, red, orange and chocolate), cayanne, Twian, Jalopeno and Sweet Banana),

Onion, Garlic and Lettuce. The lettuce I pick every day and I also just planted 4 more squares.

Oh and I picked strawberries as well. They are done for now though.

Things still growing but have not harvested yet... Pumpkin, watermelon, peanuts, pink eye purple hull peas.

I also have an on going herb box that I pick from regularly. It contains rosemary, thyme, oregeno, onion chives and cilantro.

I try to keep things going in my garden. I should finish the Roma tomatoes in the next two weeks. Then they will come out and another crop will go in.
chexmix
chexmix

Female Posts : 92

Back to top Go down

Who is  Harvesting What in the Coastal and Tropical South Empty Re: Who is Harvesting What in the Coastal and Tropical South

Post  elliephant 5/22/2011, 11:58 am

I've had squash going for a long time now....Tatume, Sure Thing Zucchini, Black Zucchini, Yellow Crookneck, Pattipans, and, most recently, Tromboncino. Fighting the PM now, though, and that is always what has taken them out in the past.

Tomatoes aren't great, but I'm getting at least a few on most plants. I've harvested Matt's Wild Cherry, Tropic VFN, Mini Orange, Cherokee Purple, Green Zebra, Orange-Fleshed Purple Smudge, Brandywine OTW, KBX, and LOTS of Riesentraube and Rio Grande Paste.

Peppers: TAM Jalapenos, Tuscan Sun Hybrid, Feherozon, Corno di Toro, Big Red (from a Burpee Sweet Mixture, um, they were really small), Tangerine Dream, and lots of Sweet Bananas.

Quite a few Poona Kheera cukes, but they come and go, producing when we get a few days of cooler weather. Finally got my first Poinsett76 cuke this week.

I've had the random okra here and there, but the first ones I planted aren't doing much. The second planting has one plant that seems to be thriving, though, so I'm excited about that. It's my first time growing okra (and I've never even seen it grow) so I'm figuring it out as I go.

We got 2 Golden Midget watermelon before the vines died.

Basil, Sage, and Thyme going in the windowsill and another pot of Basil going out front. Windowsill planter herbs are getting tired, so I think I need to restart them.
elliephant

Female Posts : 842

Back to top Go down

Post  shannon1 5/23/2011, 12:39 am

Sounds like you guys are doing great. The PM is the pits I think that's what got my cuc plant, strange thing is left my patty pan squash untouched.
shannon1
shannon1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down