Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
CATS!!!! Toplef10CATS!!!! 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

CATS!!!! I22gcj10CATS!!!! 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
CATS!!!! Toplef10CATS!!!! 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

CATS!!!! I22gcj10CATS!!!! 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Ohio Gardener's Greenhouse
by OhioGardener Today at 3:36 pm

» N & C Midwest—May 2024
by OhioGardener Today at 3:16 pm

» Greetings from Southport NC
by sanderson Today at 4:36 am

» In the news: Biosolids in Texas.
by sanderson Today at 4:19 am

» Rhubarb Rhubarb
by Scorpio Rising Yesterday at 7:57 pm

» What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today
by Scorpio Rising Yesterday at 7:55 pm

» Complicated mixed up bunny poop!
by jemm Yesterday at 7:24 pm

» Mark's first SFG
by markqz 5/4/2024, 12:08 am

» question about the digital tools from the sfg site.
by OhioGardener 5/2/2024, 4:50 pm

» Assistance Needed: Sugar Snap Peas Yellowing and Wilting
by Scorpio Rising 5/1/2024, 8:24 pm

» OMG, GMO from an unexpected place.
by sanderson 5/1/2024, 1:57 am

» N & C Midwest: March and April 2024
by Scorpio Rising 4/29/2024, 1:30 pm

» Lovage, has anyone grown, or used
by OhioGardener 4/29/2024, 12:27 pm

» New to SFG in Arlington, Tx
by sanderson 4/26/2024, 3:13 pm

» Soil Blocks: Tutorial In Photos
by OhioGardener 4/25/2024, 5:20 pm

» Manure tea overwintered outside - is it safe to use?
by Mhpoole 4/24/2024, 7:08 pm

» Advice on my blend
by donnainzone5 4/24/2024, 12:13 pm

» Senseless Banter...
by OhioGardener 4/24/2024, 8:16 am

» What do I do with tomato plants?
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 4/23/2024, 1:36 am

» Kiwi's SFG Adventure
by sanderson 4/22/2024, 2:07 pm

» Sacrificial Tomatoes
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 4/22/2024, 10:36 am

» From the Admin - 4th EDITION of All New Square Foot Gardening is in Progress
by sanderson 4/21/2024, 5:02 pm

» Seedling Identification
by AuntieBeth 4/21/2024, 8:00 am

» Happy Birthday!!
by AtlantaMarie 4/21/2024, 6:56 am

» Three Sisters Thursday
by sanderson 4/20/2024, 5:25 pm

» Recommended store bought compost - Photos of composts
by sanderson 4/20/2024, 3:08 pm

» Compost not hot
by Guinevere 4/19/2024, 11:19 am

» Maybe a silly question but...
by sanderson 4/18/2024, 11:22 pm

» Hi from zone 10B--southern orange county, ca
by sanderson 4/18/2024, 12:25 am

» Asparagus
by OhioGardener 4/17/2024, 6:17 pm

Google

Search SFG Forum

CATS!!!!

5 posters

Go down

CATS!!!! Empty CATS!!!!

Post  chrisf 5/16/2011, 10:10 pm

I caught a furry feline finishing up its "business" under one of my pepper plants today. Destroyed the plant and then crapped in the hole left behind.

I am already planning an electric fence as we have big problems with rabbits and skunks around here. Is there anything additional I can do to keep cats away? Coyote urine crystals maybe?
chrisf

Back to top Go down

CATS!!!! Empty Re: CATS!!!!

Post  sceleste54 5/16/2011, 11:59 pm

I buy Cayenne Pepper in the big restaurant size container at our local Sam's Club. Sprinkle liberally and OFTEN!! This works on all mammals in my area including squirrels..Its very heartening to watch a squirel or cat come sniffing around and jump back in a sneezing fit !! You have to reapply after every rain or watering session, and it loses its pungency after a day or so in the sun, so frequent applications are a must. It is not effective against birds.
sceleste54

Female Posts : 383

Back to top Go down

Post  WendySue67 5/17/2011, 12:36 am

My backyard is like cat hell... there are at least 2 at any given moment so gardening is quite a burden. Right now I have my boxes covered with a pvc pipe frame and bird netting and I actually watched one walk into it the other day, get all tangled and then couldn't leave my yard fast enough. It probably won't work forever but it was an easy fix while all my plants are small and seeds are growing.

I have a thing called Ssscat in my house that works like a charm on my indoor cats--anywhere I don't want them to go I just put it there and turn it on. It has a motion sensor and when they get close it beeps and blasts them with compressed air. They are so afraid of it that it only took one time and now it's off but just the sight of it sitting there is enough to deter them. I ordered it on Amazon. Might work in a garden too, although I haven't tried it.

I have also heard coffee grounds work but I haven't tried that either. If someone has, I'd love to know if it worked.
WendySue67

Back to top Go down

Post  dreamingoutloud 5/17/2011, 12:50 am

What back when ( like over 13 years ago) i had a row garden. There were cats everywere they used my yard, garden, my sons sand box as as litter box. They also dung in my garden and laided on my plants. I talked with one of my mom's neighbors , she told me to " POUR LOTS" of chili power around the edges of my garden and sprinkle all over the garden. It worked GREAT for me!! The cats hated it!!

Joy
dreamingoutloud
dreamingoutloud

Female Posts : 23

Back to top Go down

Post  CindiLou 5/17/2011, 12:25 pm

WendySue67 wrote:My backyard is like cat hell... there are at least 2 at any given moment so gardening is quite a burden. Right now I have my boxes covered with a pvc pipe frame and bird netting and I actually watched one walk into it the other day, get all tangled and then couldn't leave my yard fast enough. It probably won't work forever but it was an easy fix while all my plants are small and seeds are growing.

I have a thing called Ssscat in my house that works like a charm on my indoor cats--anywhere I don't want them to go I just put it there and turn it on. It has a motion sensor and when they get close it beeps and blasts them with compressed air. They are so afraid of it that it only took one time and now it's off but just the sight of it sitting there is enough to deter them. I ordered it on Amazon. Might work in a garden too, although I haven't tried it.

I have also heard coffee grounds work but I haven't tried that either. If someone has, I'd love to know if it worked.

CATS!!!! 889526 I used Bark off on my little dogs...now I don't have to turn it on...yup just the site keeps them quiet.
CindiLou
CindiLou

Location : South Central Iowa, Zone 5a (20mi dia area in 5b zone)rofl...

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down