Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
What products do you wish that the SFG store offered? Toplef10What products do you wish that the SFG store offered? 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

What products do you wish that the SFG store offered? I22gcj10What products do you wish that the SFG store offered? 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
What products do you wish that the SFG store offered? Toplef10What products do you wish that the SFG store offered? 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

What products do you wish that the SFG store offered? I22gcj10What products do you wish that the SFG store offered? 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Ohio Gardener's Greenhouse
by OhioGardener Yesterday at 3:36 pm

» N & C Midwest—May 2024
by OhioGardener Yesterday at 3:16 pm

» Greetings from Southport NC
by sanderson Yesterday at 4:36 am

» In the news: Biosolids in Texas.
by sanderson Yesterday at 4:19 am

» Rhubarb Rhubarb
by Scorpio Rising 5/5/2024, 7:57 pm

» What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today
by Scorpio Rising 5/5/2024, 7:55 pm

» Complicated mixed up bunny poop!
by jemm 5/5/2024, 7:24 pm

» Mark's first SFG
by markqz 5/4/2024, 12:08 am

» question about the digital tools from the sfg site.
by OhioGardener 5/2/2024, 4:50 pm

» Assistance Needed: Sugar Snap Peas Yellowing and Wilting
by Scorpio Rising 5/1/2024, 8:24 pm

» OMG, GMO from an unexpected place.
by sanderson 5/1/2024, 1:57 am

» N & C Midwest: March and April 2024
by Scorpio Rising 4/29/2024, 1:30 pm

» Lovage, has anyone grown, or used
by OhioGardener 4/29/2024, 12:27 pm

» New to SFG in Arlington, Tx
by sanderson 4/26/2024, 3:13 pm

» Soil Blocks: Tutorial In Photos
by OhioGardener 4/25/2024, 5:20 pm

» Manure tea overwintered outside - is it safe to use?
by Mhpoole 4/24/2024, 7:08 pm

» Advice on my blend
by donnainzone5 4/24/2024, 12:13 pm

» Senseless Banter...
by OhioGardener 4/24/2024, 8:16 am

» What do I do with tomato plants?
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 4/23/2024, 1:36 am

» Kiwi's SFG Adventure
by sanderson 4/22/2024, 2:07 pm

» Sacrificial Tomatoes
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 4/22/2024, 10:36 am

» From the Admin - 4th EDITION of All New Square Foot Gardening is in Progress
by sanderson 4/21/2024, 5:02 pm

» Seedling Identification
by AuntieBeth 4/21/2024, 8:00 am

» Happy Birthday!!
by AtlantaMarie 4/21/2024, 6:56 am

» Three Sisters Thursday
by sanderson 4/20/2024, 5:25 pm

» Recommended store bought compost - Photos of composts
by sanderson 4/20/2024, 3:08 pm

» Compost not hot
by Guinevere 4/19/2024, 11:19 am

» Maybe a silly question but...
by sanderson 4/18/2024, 11:22 pm

» Hi from zone 10B--southern orange county, ca
by sanderson 4/18/2024, 12:25 am

» Asparagus
by OhioGardener 4/17/2024, 6:17 pm

Google

Search SFG Forum

What products do you wish that the SFG store offered?

+7
camprn
Furbalsmom
kimbertangleknot
ander217
donnainzone5
erbarnett
middlemamma
11 posters

Go down

What products do you wish that the SFG store offered? Empty What products do you wish that the SFG store offered?

Post  middlemamma 1/28/2011, 2:19 pm

I need to compile a list of things that you would like to see in the SFG store...can you tell me what you would like to see there?
middlemamma
middlemamma

Female Posts : 2264

Back to top Go down

What products do you wish that the SFG store offered? Empty Re: What products do you wish that the SFG store offered?

Post  erbarnett 1/28/2011, 10:02 pm

I would like to be able to buy the 4x4 grids, without having to buy the landscape paper with it.
erbarnett

Male Posts : 76

Back to top Go down

What products do you wish that the SFG store offered? Empty Re: What products do you wish that the SFG store offered?

Post  donnainzone5 1/28/2011, 11:42 pm

Vinyl grids.
donnainzone5
donnainzone5

Certified SFG Instructor

Female Posts : 2662

http://www.amway.com/DonnaKBecker

Back to top Go down

What products do you wish that the SFG store offered? Empty grids

Post  ander217 1/29/2011, 5:56 am

I agree with the grids, too. I wish they could offer them in various lengths, yet could be folded for shipping. (Remember the old folding wooden carpenter's rulers? Something like that would be cool for extended lengths.)

ander217
ander217

Female Posts : 1450

Back to top Go down

Post  kimbertangleknot 1/29/2011, 10:44 am

Hmm. I'd like to see maybe something other than boxes for sale. The grow bags are becoming quite popular, as well as I'm seeing potato towers everyone online now.

Also a bigger variety of merchandise for sale. I use reusable grocery bags and shopping bags. It would be nice to find some better quality ones that aren't going to break the bank. The one that's on the site seems alright but a little steep. Bags that are good for farmer's markets too. And in general, my variety in the clothing. I know I'd buy a few things and make them my gardening clothes, but the dark green would kill me in the Carolina heat and humidity.
kimbertangleknot
kimbertangleknot

Female Posts : 274

http://www.moonflyart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  middlemamma 2/2/2011, 1:43 am

BUMP Smile
middlemamma
middlemamma

Back to top Go down

Post  Furbalsmom 2/2/2011, 1:56 am

I want need patches with the Square Foot Gardening Logo. Having the opportunity to apply the patch to our own clothes just makes sense to me. I prefer denim shirts to sweatshirts and hoodies.
Furbalsmom
Furbalsmom

Female Posts : 3141

Back to top Go down

Post  camprn 2/2/2011, 7:27 am

Furbalsmom wrote:I want need patches with the Square Foot Gardening Logo. Having the opportunity to apply the patch to our own clothes just makes sense to me. I prefer denim shirts to sweatshirts and hoodies.
+1
camprn
camprn

Forum Moderator Certified SFG Teacher

Female Posts : 14169

https://squarefoot.forumotion.com/t3574-the-end-of-july-7-week

Back to top Go down

Post  CarolynPhillips 2/2/2011, 9:33 pm

Furbalsmom wrote:I want need patches with the Square Foot Gardening Logo. Having the opportunity to apply the patch to our own clothes just makes sense to me. I prefer denim shirts to sweatshirts and hoodies.

Agreed.

What would be nice is if they sold the pvc clamps for the pvc mini hoop greenhouses.
I cant remember if anyone mentioned this yet.
the pvc clamps make it easy to change out the covering on the mini hoops too from poly to shade cloth or even mesquito netting.
CarolynPhillips
CarolynPhillips

Female Posts : 779

Back to top Go down

Post  kimbertangleknot 2/2/2011, 9:45 pm

CarolynPhillips wrote:What would be nice is if they sold the pvc clamps for the pvc mini hoop greenhouses.
I cant remember if anyone mentioned this yet.
the pvc clamps make it easy to change out the covering on the mini hoops too from poly to shade cloth or even mesquito netting.

Mmm, I agree with this too.
kimbertangleknot
kimbertangleknot

Female Posts : 274

http://www.moonflyart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  middlemamma 2/12/2011, 3:22 am

Bump
middlemamma
middlemamma

Back to top Go down

Post  Nicola 4/18/2013, 1:46 am

I wish the SFG Store sold the screw-fastener "snaps" that connect the wooden grids that they do sell (Or at least provide a link to wherever they get theirs.) I'd like to use the free venetian blind slats to make new grids, now that after 3 full years, the grids I purchased have fallen apart.
Nicola
Nicola

Female Posts : 220

Back to top Go down

Post  donnainzone5 4/18/2013, 11:02 am

I agree with the previous post.

Also, I'd like to see the return of boxes with pre-drilled bottoms for patios and decks, as well as taller trellises (tomato towers).
donnainzone5
donnainzone5

Certified SFG Instructor

Female Posts : 2662

http://www.amway.com/DonnaKBecker

Back to top Go down

Post  Turnip 4/20/2013, 11:47 am

I would also like to see an assortment of PVC anchors, connectors, etc. like what Peaceful Valley Farm Supply has. If they were on the SFG site, more people would be aware of them and it would be a good way to get some good news out on how to easily make row cover supports, etc for your SFG. My box is out there all ready for the MM..which is my job for the day..mix the MM and get it in the box (8x4). THEN I get to shop for fun stuff like PVC accessories for my shade/frost cloth, metal conduit for my trellis..all the good stuff!!

I also agree on the patches..that way we can get them for the things we like to wear as individuals. We can get them for hats, jackets, etc...and wear the logo to gardening events (I wish I'd had something last weekend..hit a bunch of native plant things and waterwise events!)

A decal or sticker for our vehicles might be nice..and for our farm wagons(!)...so you spread the word while you are out in public!

I bought a set of M Brackets for my box..we ran into the woman who invented them at a local event. Her factory is right near Sacramento (they are made right here in the USA!!) and maybe a deal can be made where she can have a SFG logo laser cut into brackets which can be sold here! I would get some for sure..I have the carrot design now.

and official SFG grow bags...that would be good..I have an odd shaped lot so I have grow bags tucked around the edges with MM. I plan on getting more.

Can't wait to see some new stuff with the SFG logo!! With the current edible landscape and grow your own food movement here in the USA, it is time to really get the word out that you can SFG anywhere and it is the way to go to produce your produce!!!

What products do you wish that the SFG store offered? 1280598131
Turnip
..I think there should be a turnip emoticon...
Turnip
Turnip

Female Posts : 25

Back to top Go down

Post  Turnip 4/20/2013, 11:52 am

would it be way out there to have vermiculture items? worm box and a book? so we can start working with our own worm castings?

I have a box..just thinking of others, since it's not something everyone has access to...and it's easy and fun!

Turnip
Turnip
Turnip

Back to top Go down

Post  Turnip 4/20/2013, 3:48 pm

How about a SFG sign for your garden?
Turnip
Turnip

Back to top Go down

Post  llama momma 4/21/2013, 8:33 am

Turnip wrote:would it be way out there to have vermiculture items? worm box and a book? so we can start working with our own worm castings?

I have a box..just thinking of others, since it's not something everyone has access to...and it's easy and fun!

Turnip
An Excellent little book is already out there for beginners called Worms Eat My Garbage, by Mary Appelhof. A free comprehensive website can be found at redwormcomposting.com. It is for beginners through very experienced worm heads.
llama momma
llama momma

Certified SFG Instructor

Female Posts : 4921

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down