Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
It's Spring in Zone 8! Toplef10It's Spring in Zone 8! 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

It's Spring in Zone 8! I22gcj10It's Spring in Zone 8! 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]
Search
 
 

Display results as :
 

 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» new member needs help
by roc0772 Today at 6:50 pm

» N&C Midwest: November/December 2019!
by OhioGardener Today at 5:06 pm

» SFG FOUNDATION NEWSLETTER - NOVEMBER 2019
by sfg4uKim Today at 4:59 pm

» How's the Weather Where You're At?
by RJARPCGP Today at 1:22 pm

» CANADIAN REGION:What are you doing October to December 2019
by Kelejan Today at 1:11 pm

» Happy Birthday!!
by AtlantaMarie Today at 8:21 am

» has55's R & D Journey
by has55 Yesterday at 2:09 pm

» Butterfly Junction
by countrynaturals Yesterday at 12:25 pm

» Update on Marie's mom
by AtlantaMarie 11/17/2019, 11:01 am

» Can leggy plants be saved?
by sanderson 11/17/2019, 3:12 am

» New Member
by sanderson 11/16/2019, 6:35 pm

» TD's Health
by sanderson 11/16/2019, 6:30 pm

» Do you compost your squash vines?
by yolos 11/16/2019, 5:52 pm

» Mark's first SFG
by sanderson 11/16/2019, 5:37 pm

» New & Different
by countrynaturals 11/16/2019, 12:55 pm

» the SFG Journey-onions in Dallas, Tx area, do you cover them in the winter?
by has55 11/16/2019, 11:50 am

» SFG Newbie in NorCal!!
by countrynaturals 11/16/2019, 9:55 am

» Tulle
by sanderson 11/16/2019, 3:57 am

» Tomato Tuesday - 2018 & 2019
by sanderson 11/16/2019, 3:52 am

» Today's Harvest
by Scorpio Rising 11/14/2019, 8:36 pm

» Favorite seed companies
by Scorpio Rising 11/14/2019, 8:32 pm

» Famous Gardening Quotes
by Scorpio Rising 11/13/2019, 7:31 pm

» Winter Gardening Feedback, Please
by Scorpio Rising 11/13/2019, 6:57 pm

» 2018/2019 SFG in Brooks, GA
by countrynaturals 11/12/2019, 9:10 pm

» New England, November, 2019
by Scorpio Rising 11/12/2019, 6:25 pm

» American Beautyberry - Anyone grow them?
by Scorpio Rising 11/12/2019, 6:23 pm

» My sweet, sweet, sweet taters.
by mgbeheler 11/11/2019, 1:36 pm

» Volunteer Plants
by Scorpio Rising 11/10/2019, 4:34 pm

» November: What to plant in Northern California and Central Valley areas
by countrynaturals 11/9/2019, 5:37 pm

» Tips for compost tumbler
by OhioGardener 11/9/2019, 7:55 am

Google

Search SFG Forum

It's Spring in Zone 8!

Go down

It's Spring in Zone 8! Empty It's Spring in Zone 8!

Post  timwardell on 3/17/2010, 9:20 pm

It's Spring in Zone 8 (Dallas, Texas) and I have pictures to prove it.

The spinach is sprouting:
It's Spring in Zone 8! DSC_0071

The potatoes are sprouting:
It's Spring in Zone 8! DSC_0070

My dwarf peach trees are budding:
It's Spring in Zone 8! DSC_0067

and budding...
It's Spring in Zone 8! DSC_0066

and budding.
It's Spring in Zone 8! DSC_0064

As Homer Simpson would say, "Whoo Hoo!"
flower
timwardell
timwardell

Certified SFG Instructor

Male Posts : 778
Join date : 2010-03-02
Location : Frisco, Texas

http://www.timwardell.com/gardening/

Back to top Go down

It's Spring in Zone 8! Empty Re: It's Spring in Zone 8!

Post  LupinFarm on 3/17/2010, 9:47 pm

Looks *awesome*! My nectarines have started to bud a little.. the buds are getting bigger and such. Bigger than last week at least. I need to dormant spray them lol or the bugs will eat them again this year.

I have bulbs coming up! How's THAT for spring?! Wink Even though it's going to snow on Tuesday.
avatar
LupinFarm

Posts : 66
Join date : 2010-03-13
Age : 30
Location : Springbrook, Ont. (Zone 5b)

Back to top Go down

It's Spring in Zone 8! Empty Re: It's Spring in Zone 8!

Post  jerzyjen on 3/17/2010, 10:16 pm

Beautiful! I'm so jealous I can't wait!
jerzyjen
jerzyjen

Female Posts : 210
Join date : 2010-03-03
Age : 43
Location : Burlington County, NJ - Zone 6b

Back to top Go down

It's Spring in Zone 8! Empty Re: It's Spring in Zone 8!

Post  titans01 on 3/17/2010, 11:03 pm

That's some nice pictures. No sprouts here not even under the grow lights yet.
avatar
titans01

Male Posts : 122
Join date : 2010-03-10
Age : 48
Location : Nebraska (Zone 5a)

http://goodgameme.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

It's Spring in Zone 8! Empty Re: It's Spring in Zone 8!

Post  bpbdrummer on 3/18/2010, 1:45 am

Yeh buddy, I'm in 8b and i have spring fever. My apple trees and peach trees are blossoming. I just fed (lots of compost) and mulched the banana trees (a raja puri and an apple banana) hopefully they'll fruit this year.

I finished my SFG boxes and put up a picket fence around the garden, planted 64 super sweet corn seeds (vision F1), red and white onion bulbs, radishes, beets, spinach, basil,oregano,chives and i have 10 tomato plants, cucumbers, watermelon, snap peas, bush bean, pole bean, jalapeno,banana pepper, bell pepper, swiss chard, cantaloupe, crookneck squash and zucchini all started inside waiting for transplant.

I'm not too sure how my orange tree is fare, it took some major frost damage and it's a young tree, planted last year. it looks pretty rough. my pummelo tree seems to be doing well and my fig, well I dont know whats up with it, it hasnt seemed to grow at all since it was planted, just looks like a bead branch sticking out of the ground. I thought it was dead but all of a sudden last year it sprouted a bunch of new leaves.
avatar
bpbdrummer

Male Posts : 88
Join date : 2010-03-04
Age : 46
Location : Northeast Florida

http://bipolarbarbierocks.com

Back to top Go down

It's Spring in Zone 8! Empty Re: It's Spring in Zone 8!

Post  timwardell on 3/18/2010, 9:04 am

@bpbdrummer wrote:Yeh buddy, I'm in 8b and i have spring fever. My apple trees and peach trees are blossoming. I just fed (lots of compost) and mulched the banana trees (a raja puri and an apple banana) hopefully they'll fruit this year.

I finished my SFG boxes and put up a picket fence around the garden, planted 64 super sweet corn seeds (vision F1), red and white onion bulbs, radishes, beets, spinach, basil,oregano,chives and i have 10 tomato plants, cucumbers, watermelon, snap peas, bush bean, pole bean, jalapeno,banana pepper, bell pepper, swiss chard, cantaloupe, crookneck squash and zucchini all started inside waiting for transplant.

I'm not too sure how my orange tree is fare, it took some major frost damage and it's a young tree, planted last year. it looks pretty rough. my pummelo tree seems to be doing well and my fig, well I dont know whats up with it, it hasnt seemed to grow at all since it was planted, just looks like a bead branch sticking out of the ground. I thought it was dead but all of a sudden last year it sprouted a bunch of new leaves.
Sounds like one heck of a garden. Where exactly are you in Zone 8b? Just curious.
timwardell
timwardell

Certified SFG Instructor

Male Posts : 778
Join date : 2010-03-02
Location : Frisco, Texas

http://www.timwardell.com/gardening/

Back to top Go down

It's Spring in Zone 8! Empty Re: It's Spring in Zone 8!

Post  Daynannan on 3/18/2010, 11:25 am

I want to move to zone 8 just so I can have a pummelo tree.
Daynannan
Daynannan

Female Posts : 65
Join date : 2010-03-10
Age : 37
Location : Rhinelander, WI

http://www.TheRedPineapple.com

Back to top Go down

It's Spring in Zone 8! Empty Re: It's Spring in Zone 8!

Post  Lavender Debs on 3/18/2010, 11:29 am

@Daynannan wrote:I want to move to zone 8 just so I can have a pummelo tree.
I just want his camera lens.

Deborah ....and maybe the camera it is on
Lavender Debs
Lavender Debs

Posts : 2054
Join date : 2010-03-03
Age : 62
Location : Everett, WA USA

http://songs-of-coming-rain.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

It's Spring in Zone 8! Empty Re: It's Spring in Zone 8!

Post  bpbdrummer on 3/18/2010, 1:36 pm

@timwardell wrote:
Sounds like one heck of a garden. Where exactly are you in Zone 8b? Just curious.

I'm about 30 mins north if Jacksonville, Fl.. Fernandina Beach/Amelia Island to be exact. It's great little town, I love it here, If you've ever seen or been to St. Augustine, Fl. it's just like that without all the tourists.

we actually live about 5 miles west of the beach on an acre out in the country.
avatar
bpbdrummer

Male Posts : 88
Join date : 2010-03-04
Age : 46
Location : Northeast Florida

http://bipolarbarbierocks.com

Back to top Go down

It's Spring in Zone 8! Empty Re: It's Spring in Zone 8!

Post  timwardell on 3/18/2010, 3:13 pm

@bpbdrummer wrote:
@timwardell wrote:
Sounds like one heck of a garden. Where exactly are you in Zone 8b? Just curious.

I'm about 30 mins north if Jacksonville, Fl.. Fernandina Beach/Amelia Island to be exact. It's great little town, I love it here, If you've ever seen or been to St. Augustine, Fl. it's just like that without all the tourists.

we actually live about 5 miles west of the beach on an acre out in the country.
Sounds like a slice of heaven. You seem to have a healthy sized garden/plantation. Very Happy
How long have you been gardening? SFGing?
timwardell
timwardell

Certified SFG Instructor

Male Posts : 778
Join date : 2010-03-02
Location : Frisco, Texas

http://www.timwardell.com/gardening/

Back to top Go down

It's Spring in Zone 8! Empty Re: It's Spring in Zone 8!

Post  timwardell on 3/18/2010, 9:12 pm

From bud to bloom in 24 hours. I love spring!
It's Spring in Zone 8! 2010peach-bloom
timwardell
timwardell

Certified SFG Instructor

Male Posts : 778
Join date : 2010-03-02
Location : Frisco, Texas

http://www.timwardell.com/gardening/

Back to top Go down

It's Spring in Zone 8! Empty Re: It's Spring in Zone 8!

Post  LupinFarm on 3/18/2010, 9:39 pm

Ohh I miss my nectarine blossoms! The buds are looking big on my nectarines, well not enormous but bigger than they were a couple weeks ago. I'm so excited for this season lol!
avatar
LupinFarm

Posts : 66
Join date : 2010-03-13
Age : 30
Location : Springbrook, Ont. (Zone 5b)

Back to top Go down

It's Spring in Zone 8! Empty Re: It's Spring in Zone 8!

Post  bpbdrummer on 3/18/2010, 10:58 pm

@timwardell wrote:
@bpbdrummer wrote:
@timwardell wrote:
Sounds like one heck of a garden. Where exactly are you in Zone 8b? Just curious.

I'm about 30 mins north if Jacksonville, Fl.. Fernandina Beach/Amelia Island to be exact. It's great little town, I love it here, If you've ever seen or been to St. Augustine, Fl. it's just like that without all the tourists.

we actually live about 5 miles west of the beach on an acre out in the country.
Sounds like a slice of heaven. You seem to have a healthy sized garden/plantation. Very Happy
How long have you been gardening? SFGing?

well I grew up with gradens and farm animals. my parents/grandparents always had large gardens and we would raise and butcher our own pork and beef. But, I have a brown thumb lol. I tried a SFG but I used straight compost in the beds and it ened up packing down like concrete, things would start off growing really well and next thing you know they were dead. I decided to give it another shot and do it right this time.

I should have payed attention when i was a kid, we always had tons of stuff in the basement that my grandmother canned and loads of sausage,burgers,ham etc.
avatar
bpbdrummer

Male Posts : 88
Join date : 2010-03-04
Age : 46
Location : Northeast Florida

http://bipolarbarbierocks.com

Back to top Go down

It's Spring in Zone 8! Empty Re: It's Spring in Zone 8!

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum