Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
What is your most thoughtful gardening gift ever?... - Page 2 Toplef10What is your most thoughtful gardening gift ever?... - Page 2 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

What is your most thoughtful gardening gift ever?... - Page 2 I22gcj10What is your most thoughtful gardening gift ever?... - Page 2 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
What is your most thoughtful gardening gift ever?... - Page 2 Toplef10What is your most thoughtful gardening gift ever?... - Page 2 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

What is your most thoughtful gardening gift ever?... - Page 2 I22gcj10What is your most thoughtful gardening gift ever?... - Page 2 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Soil Blocks: Tutorial In Photos
by OhioGardener Yesterday at 5:20 pm

» New to SFG in Arlington, Tx
by Scorpio Rising Yesterday at 2:28 pm

» Manure tea overwintered outside - is it safe to use?
by Mhpoole 4/24/2024, 7:08 pm

» Advice on my blend
by donnainzone5 4/24/2024, 12:13 pm

» Senseless Banter...
by OhioGardener 4/24/2024, 8:16 am

» Rhubarb Rhubarb
by sanderson 4/23/2024, 8:52 pm

» What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today
by OhioGardener 4/23/2024, 1:53 pm

» What do I do with tomato plants?
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 4/23/2024, 1:36 am

» N & C Midwest: March and April 2024
by Scorpio Rising 4/22/2024, 4:57 pm

» Kiwi's SFG Adventure
by sanderson 4/22/2024, 2:07 pm

» Sacrificial Tomatoes
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 4/22/2024, 10:36 am

» From the Admin - 4th EDITION of All New Square Foot Gardening is in Progress
by sanderson 4/21/2024, 5:02 pm

» Seedling Identification
by AuntieBeth 4/21/2024, 8:00 am

» Happy Birthday!!
by AtlantaMarie 4/21/2024, 6:56 am

» Three Sisters Thursday
by sanderson 4/20/2024, 5:25 pm

» Recommended store bought compost - Photos of composts
by sanderson 4/20/2024, 3:08 pm

» Compost not hot
by Guinevere 4/19/2024, 11:19 am

» Maybe a silly question but...
by sanderson 4/18/2024, 11:22 pm

» Hi from zone 10B--southern orange county, ca
by sanderson 4/18/2024, 12:25 am

» Asparagus
by OhioGardener 4/17/2024, 6:17 pm

» problems with SFG forum site
by OhioGardener 4/16/2024, 8:04 am

» Strawberries per square foot.
by sanderson 4/16/2024, 4:22 am

» What are you eating from your garden today?
by sanderson 4/16/2024, 4:15 am

» April is Kids Gardening Month!
by sanderson 4/15/2024, 2:37 pm

» Creating A Potager Garden
by sanderson 4/15/2024, 2:33 pm

» Butter Beans????
by OhioGardener 4/13/2024, 5:50 pm

» Companion planting
by sanderson 4/13/2024, 4:24 pm

» First timer in Central Virginia (7b) - newly built beds 2024
by sanderson 4/13/2024, 4:16 pm

» California's Drought
by sanderson 4/10/2024, 1:43 pm

» Anyone Using Agribon Row Cover To Extend The Growing Season?
by sanderson 4/8/2024, 10:28 pm

Google

Search SFG Forum

What is your most thoughtful gardening gift ever?...

+28
Daniel9999
Triciasgarden
cheyannarach
llama momma
crs
duhh
Nonna.PapaVino
Goosegirl
Lavender Debs
miinva
kimbertangleknot
PeggyC
happyfrog
martha
Old Hippie
Wyldflower
camprn
Megan
quiltbea
pattipan
LaFee
Chopper
junequilt
middlemamma
Ha-v-v
boffer
acara
trustinhart
32 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What is your most thoughtful gardening gift ever?... - Page 2 Empty Re: What is your most thoughtful gardening gift ever?...

Post  crs 6/7/2012, 2:32 pm

My daughter bought me the " ALL NEW SQUARE FOOT GARDENING BOOK" and got the fire burning. What is your most thoughtful gardening gift ever?... - Page 2 53366 What is your most thoughtful gardening gift ever?... - Page 2 53366 What is your most thoughtful gardening gift ever?... - Page 2 53366

My husband has made boxes and trellis and compost tumbler and gave the ok to get a pickup load of alpaca poo instead of a bag full cheers cheers cheers
crs
crs

Back to top Go down

What is your most thoughtful gardening gift ever?... - Page 2 Empty Re: What is your most thoughtful gardening gift ever?...

Post  Nonna.PapaVino 6/7/2012, 2:53 pm

Since I posted the above bragging bray about deer/elk fence, said DH has helped me build 4 hardware cloth lined frames for my new 4x4 beds AND helped me erect three cattle panel trellis arches. The gifts that keep on giving, right? Nonna
Nonna.PapaVino

Female Posts : 1437

Back to top Go down

Post  llama momma 6/7/2012, 2:59 pm

I was going to ask for soil blocker supplies, soil, heating mat, covered domes, etc, for various holiday and anniversary gifts so I would have it all before next spring planting. But my dear husband of 31 years said, nah why wait just order it and be done with it. Shocked Instead I'll get to use the new supplies over the next couple of weeks to start fall crops from seed. I got a keeper, my Rick I love you
llama momma
llama momma

Certified SFG Instructor

Female Posts : 4921

Back to top Go down

Post  cheyannarach 6/7/2012, 9:50 pm

Well I have two off the top of my head, the first time I was preggo I had a miscarriage in February, the following mother's day hubby got me a huge (3ft) pot of my favorite flowers (African Daisies), I thought it was for his mom when he brought it home and he said no it's for you because you are a mother now.

This year for mother's day he got me some cattle panels and poo, lol, even though he thought I was going overboard (which I am sometimes guilty of Wink ) He still indulged me and help me build (and level) the boxes for them and put them up, Awe, I just I love you him!

What is your most thoughtful gardening gift ever?... - Page 2 Dsc_0121
cheyannarach
cheyannarach

Female Posts : 2037

Back to top Go down

Post  Triciasgarden 6/7/2012, 10:09 pm

Years ago I bought a cultivator and loved it. It got left out when I had some major surgery with complications five years ago and was just ruined. A month ago my husband snuck and found a new motor for it and had a friend get it all fixed up and presented my refurbished cultivator back to me. That was so kind, cuz I was sure I didn't need it. I was wrong. My birthday is in March and for my birthday and mother's day I always ask for plants or decorations for the yard, etc. For several years my husband would get me gift certificates for a mom and pop garden center that just sells plants. Boy I love those gifts. Also my sons have been the ones who have made my frames and helped with getting some of them set up.

Campryn print out these replys and hang in on the mirror as a hint!
Triciasgarden
Triciasgarden

Female Posts : 1634

Back to top Go down

Post  Goosegirl 6/7/2012, 10:56 pm

Just tonight a good friend gave me a Lizard Sedum - she bought some because she thought they were so cute and decided to share them with me!

GG
Goosegirl
Goosegirl

Female Posts : 3435

Back to top Go down

Post  Nonna.PapaVino 6/7/2012, 11:19 pm

GG, I'd never heard of a lizard sedum, so Goggled it. What a cool-looking plant! Looks a bit like the ice plants you see growing on hiway medians in California. Are they related? Luck you to have such a great friend. Nonna
Nonna.PapaVino

Back to top Go down

Post  Goosegirl 6/8/2012, 8:31 am

Nonna - I had never heard of it either, and have never been much of a sedum fan, but Dee is and she has lots of varieties. I don't know if it is related to ice plant or not, but it is MUCH smaller - the little 'leaves' are only about 1/4 inch long! It really does look like little lizard scales SO CUTE! I can't wait to get it potted up. I may just have to start looking into other sedum varieties.

GG
Goosegirl
Goosegirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Nonna.PapaVino 6/8/2012, 10:31 am

GG, maybe you can build one of those sedum wreaths: wire frame, chicken wire stuffed with spanghum moss, planted with sedums. Then, after they settle in, just mist it to keep it going. At least that's what I THINK I remember from reading how to make on online. Like they say: Just Google it. Very Happy 'Cause I think your lizard sedum would take a starring role! Nonna
Nonna.PapaVino

Back to top Go down

Post  Goosegirl 6/8/2012, 1:46 pm

Nonna.PapaVino wrote:GG, maybe you can build one of those sedum wreaths: wire frame, chicken wire stuffed with spanghum moss, planted with sedums. Then, after they settle in, just mist it to keep it going. At least that's what I THINK I remember from reading how to make on online. Like they say: Just Google it. Very Happy 'Cause I think your lizard sedum would take a starring role! Nonna

Thanks for the idea Nonna! We are not sure if the little lizard would survive our winter and come up again next spring, so I was going to have it 'portable' anyway. Me likes!

GG
Goosegirl
Goosegirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Daniel9999 6/8/2012, 2:14 pm

camprn wrote:I'm still waiting What is your most thoughtful gardening gift ever?... - Page 2 Girl-smiley-foot-tap-gigi

Me too.

I have like 40 bottles of cologne...dozens of ties....and 6 electric shavers.
Daniel9999
Daniel9999

Back to top Go down

Post  gwennifer 6/8/2012, 3:53 pm

Hmmmm, I will consider it thoughtful that my husband, who didn't understand why I would only build the bed 6" deep (same amount of effort up front to build them deep enough to be worth it said he), why I would go through the effort of mixing my own soilless growing medium (could have just had a truckload of soil mix delivered for less $ and work), or what the point is of only growing a few of this and a little of that (not enough to put up for food storage and you can buy it cheaper at the grocery store anyway), now says nothing at all. Very Happy
gwennifer
gwennifer

Certified SFG Instructor

Female Posts : 1414

http://www.bluekeypm.com

Back to top Go down

Post  southern gardener 6/8/2012, 6:24 pm

my son and his girlfriend got me flower solar lights on small posts. they go in my SFG and light up at night. I just love them! They turn colors too. It's so pretty at night seeing them, kind of like Christmas in the garden all year 'round Smile My daughter got me some rubber boots that I use all the time too. Rubber boots are a "staple" around our house Smile
southern gardener
southern gardener

Back to top Go down

Post  CapeCoddess 6/8/2012, 6:43 pm

My favorite gifts keep coming. Three of us at the office are into gardening so often I come in, go to my desk, only to find a plant or 2 potted up and put in a bag. Then in my email is a photo and explanation of what it is.

Also, they leave all their kitchen scraps thru out the day in a bag next to the sink in the office kitchen for my compost pile. Very Happy

Sometimes, like this past Thursday, I go out to my car to leave and there's a bag of either kitchen scraps or a plant. Thursday was 2 basil plants from the bosses daughter...and I didn't have any yet!

These gals are the BEST!
thanks
CC
CapeCoddess
CapeCoddess

Back to top Go down

Post  Goosegirl 6/9/2012, 2:09 pm

Goosegirl wrote:
Nonna.PapaVino wrote:GG, maybe you can build one of those sedum wreaths: wire frame, chicken wire stuffed with spanghum moss, planted with sedums. Then, after they settle in, just mist it to keep it going. At least that's what I THINK I remember from reading how to make on online. Like they say: Just Google it. Very Happy 'Cause I think your lizard sedum would take a starring role! Nonna

Thanks for the idea Nonna! We are not sure if the little lizard would survive our winter and come up again next spring, so I was going to have it 'portable' anyway. Me likes!

GG

Nonna - Just Googled It! WOW!!! I am going to start up a little succulent collection in the house, so that I can collect what I need to make one of those wreaths! WOW!!!

GG
Goosegirl
Goosegirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincinnati 6/9/2012, 6:00 pm

junequilt wrote:DH got us a new chipper-shredder this year after the old one wheezed its last breath. To be honest, the old one was a better shredder -- man, it could reduce stuff to atomic components! -- but hopefully this one will be a little more reliable. The old one spent more time in the shop than it did shredding!

What make was the last one and the new one? I know our local rental rental shops no longer have them because of reliability.

I still want one.
Cincinnati

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2