Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
Indoor Container Garden - City Living - Page 3 Toplef10Indoor Container Garden - City Living - Page 3 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

Indoor Container Garden - City Living - Page 3 I22gcj10Indoor Container Garden - City Living - Page 3 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
Indoor Container Garden - City Living - Page 3 Toplef10Indoor Container Garden - City Living - Page 3 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

Indoor Container Garden - City Living - Page 3 I22gcj10Indoor Container Garden - City Living - Page 3 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» question about the digital tools from the sfg site.
by ladyDenna Today at 4:21 am

» Assistance Needed: Sugar Snap Peas Yellowing and Wilting
by Scorpio Rising Yesterday at 8:24 pm

» Mark's first SFG
by markqz Yesterday at 11:23 am

» N & C Midwest—May 2024
by Scorpio Rising Yesterday at 10:48 am

» OMG, GMO from an unexpected place.
by sanderson Yesterday at 1:57 am

» Greetings from Southport NC
by ralitaco 4/29/2024, 9:47 pm

» N & C Midwest: March and April 2024
by Scorpio Rising 4/29/2024, 1:30 pm

» Lovage, has anyone grown, or used
by OhioGardener 4/29/2024, 12:27 pm

» Ohio Gardener's Greenhouse
by OhioGardener 4/28/2024, 10:20 am

» New to SFG in Arlington, Tx
by sanderson 4/26/2024, 3:13 pm

» Soil Blocks: Tutorial In Photos
by OhioGardener 4/25/2024, 5:20 pm

» Manure tea overwintered outside - is it safe to use?
by Mhpoole 4/24/2024, 7:08 pm

» Advice on my blend
by donnainzone5 4/24/2024, 12:13 pm

» Senseless Banter...
by OhioGardener 4/24/2024, 8:16 am

» Rhubarb Rhubarb
by sanderson 4/23/2024, 8:52 pm

» What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today
by OhioGardener 4/23/2024, 1:53 pm

» What do I do with tomato plants?
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 4/23/2024, 1:36 am

» Kiwi's SFG Adventure
by sanderson 4/22/2024, 2:07 pm

» Sacrificial Tomatoes
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 4/22/2024, 10:36 am

» From the Admin - 4th EDITION of All New Square Foot Gardening is in Progress
by sanderson 4/21/2024, 5:02 pm

» Seedling Identification
by AuntieBeth 4/21/2024, 8:00 am

» Happy Birthday!!
by AtlantaMarie 4/21/2024, 6:56 am

» Three Sisters Thursday
by sanderson 4/20/2024, 5:25 pm

» Recommended store bought compost - Photos of composts
by sanderson 4/20/2024, 3:08 pm

» Compost not hot
by Guinevere 4/19/2024, 11:19 am

» Maybe a silly question but...
by sanderson 4/18/2024, 11:22 pm

» Hi from zone 10B--southern orange county, ca
by sanderson 4/18/2024, 12:25 am

» Asparagus
by OhioGardener 4/17/2024, 6:17 pm

» problems with SFG forum site
by OhioGardener 4/16/2024, 8:04 am

» Strawberries per square foot.
by sanderson 4/16/2024, 4:22 am

Google

Search SFG Forum

Indoor Container Garden - City Living

+13
Dan in Ct
dansutelman
sanderson
Kelejan
brianj555
countrynaturals
Old Hippie
acara
Bethany83
Megan
ander217
craftsmaster
El
17 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Indoor Container Garden - City Living - Page 3 Empty Re: Indoor Container Garden - City Living

Post  Dan in Ct 12/24/2019, 8:46 am

Hi Suz, I got that one and two others, The Complete Book of Herbs by Leslie Bremness and Smithsonian Handbook - Herbs. All 3 for less than $15, granted the tax took me over. I like to have different perspectives, just to see where they agree and disagree. I hope to be a better herb gardener by season's end. For me it is always in the subtleties or what you catch out of the corner of your eye that ups your craft of art to the next level or you could do like I sometimes do, get the color chart out and pick a shade of green that looks good on you and have a sample made up. Pick up an artist's brush to paint your thumb and if you flash the thumb quickly enough people think you have a real green thumb.
Dan in Ct
Dan in Ct

Male Posts : 295

Back to top Go down

Indoor Container Garden - City Living - Page 3 Empty Re: Indoor Container Garden - City Living

Post  countrynaturals 12/24/2019, 11:32 am

Dan in Ct wrote:Hi Suz, I got that one and two others, The Complete Book of Herbs by Leslie Bremness and Smithsonian Handbook - Herbs. All 3 for less than $15, granted the tax took me over. I like to have different perspectives, just to see where they agree and disagree. I hope to be a better herb gardener by season's end.

Those should keep you out of trouble for the rest of the winter.
reading

For me it is always in the subtleties or what you catch out of the corner of your eye that ups your craft of art to the next level or you could do like I sometimes do, get the color chart out and pick a shade of green that looks good on you and have a sample made up. Pick up an artist's brush to paint your thumb and if you flash the thumb quickly enough people think you have a real green thumb.

Uh, which book gave you that idea? Does it work? neener
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Female Posts : 5704

http://countrynaturals.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Dan in Ct 12/31/2019, 9:35 am

countrynaturals, the other two books arrived and I know why you recommended the Rodale Herb book. Great chart on a multitude of herbs listed inside. I now at this moment have enough books on herbs and hopefully will harvest a bounty with this amount of knowledge.

The Green Thumb trick is basically for those who doubt my ability to garden. I have never killed a plant. They seem to die on their own while having plant dreams in the middle of the night. I am so blessed there is not an organization or society for the protection and ethical treatment of plants. I could, would or should be doing hard time crushing rocks by hand to harvest trace minerals for the plant families that I may have had a hand in their loved one's premature departure. I won't really know if my Green Thumb trick works until I try and sell my first gardening book, "Jokes and Humorous Tales To Tell at Garden Parties".
Dan in Ct
Dan in Ct

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 12/31/2019, 10:28 am

Dan in Ct wrote:countrynaturals, the other two books arrived and I know why you recommended the Rodale Herb book. Great chart on a multitude of herbs listed inside. I now at this moment have enough books on herbs and hopefully will harvest a bounty with this amount of knowledge.

I have found herbs to be the easiest thing to grow. I just read the instructions for dill and it says right on the package to "plant in poor soil."

I am so blessed there is not an organization or society for the protection and ethical treatment of plants. 

Amen to that. I just tell myself I was growing the losers for compost or mulch.

I won't really know if my Green Thumb trick works until I try and sell my first gardening book, "Jokes and Humorous Tales To Tell at Garden Parties".

Catchy title. rofl

I think we can all contribute to that project. I have a pot in the house right now that I think is nothing but a weed I've been nurturing. Last week I saw a mystery plant in the background of one of my pics that got me all excited. Turned out to be a piece of yard art that had fallen down behind the box I was shooting. With a little fertilizer, both of those stories could become "funny."Rolling Eyes
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  Dan in Ct 1/2/2020, 7:05 am

Suz, I have a tentative title, "In a Roundabout Way, The Funniest Thing That Has Ever Happened in Your Square Foot Garden". Everybody knows the longer title the better the gardening book. Maybe a couple of humorous tales written entirely in Latin for the gardeners who are also serious amateur botanists. That chapter could be Laughterus Maximus, I almost passed Latin in high school.
Dan in Ct
Dan in Ct

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson 1/7/2020, 1:13 pm

You guys! Razz

Find more about Weather in Fresno, CA
Click for weather forecast
sanderson
sanderson

Forum Administrator

Female Posts : 21552

https://connect.xfinity.com/appsuite/#!!&app=io.ox/mail&

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 1/7/2020, 1:52 pm

Here's my latest gadget for exercising my plants (and discouraging anything that likes it still and damp.)
Indoor Container Garden - City Living - Page 3 Fan10
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  OhioGardener 1/7/2020, 4:54 pm

Dan, don't forget to include Exercise in your gardening book.....

Indoor Container Garden - City Living - Page 3 Gardei10

"In short, the soil food web feeds everything you eat and helps keep your favorite planet from getting too hot. Be nice to it."  ~ Diane Miessler, "Grow Your Soil"
OhioGardener
OhioGardener

Forum Moderator

Male Posts : 4524

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkKWnsWrs0RIcyIQD1_Z26g

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorpio Rising 1/7/2020, 6:12 pm

OhioGardener wrote:Dan, don't forget to include Exercise in your gardening book.....

Indoor Container Garden - City Living - Page 3 Gardei10
Oh my gosh, this is getting deep in here...lol!
Scorpio Rising
Scorpio Rising

Female Posts : 8721

Back to top Go down

Post  Dan in Ct 1/8/2020, 8:00 am

Larry, I can see your poster as a Garden Show on PBS, followed by Scorpio Rising with Garden Yoga and Weeding. " You are down there anyway and pulling weeds hurts less than pulling a muscle". I wonder if you could get enough people to come work out in your garden that you might be able to have a farm size operation where labor pays you. Only in America, Thank you Mark Twain, P.T. Barnum and Will Rogers.
Dan in Ct
Dan in Ct

Back to top Go down

Post  OhioGardener 1/8/2020, 12:22 pm

Dan in Ct wrote:Larry, I can see your poster as a Garden Show on PBS, followed by Scorpio Rising with Garden Yoga and Weeding. " You are down there anyway and pulling weeds hurts less than pulling a muscle". I wonder if you could get enough people to come work out in your garden that you might be able to have a farm size operation where labor pays you. Only in America, Thank you Mark Twain, P.T. Barnum and Will Rogers.

lol! 

Reminds me of life as a senior citizen - when I reach down to pick up something I dropped, I wonder, "Is there anything else I can do while I'm down here?"

"In short, the soil food web feeds everything you eat and helps keep your favorite planet from getting too hot. Be nice to it."  ~ Diane Miessler, "Grow Your Soil"
OhioGardener
OhioGardener

Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 1/8/2020, 12:25 pm

OhioGardener wrote:
Dan in Ct wrote:Larry, I can see your poster as a Garden Show on PBS, followed by Scorpio Rising with Garden Yoga and Weeding. " You are down there anyway and pulling weeds hurts less than pulling a muscle". I wonder if you could get enough people to come work out in your garden that you might be able to have a farm size operation where labor pays you. Only in America, Thank you Mark Twain, P.T. Barnum and Will Rogers.

lol! 

Reminds me of life as a senior citizen - when I reach down to pick up something I dropped, I wonder, "Is there anything else I can do while I'm down here?"
I'm too busy trying to figure out how to get back up. Sad
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson 1/14/2020, 2:06 am

lol! And, they're on a roll . . .

Find more about Weather in Fresno, CA
Click for weather forecast
sanderson
sanderson

Forum Administrator

Female Posts : 21552

https://connect.xfinity.com/appsuite/#!!&app=io.ox/mail&

Back to top Go down

Post  OhioGardener 1/14/2020, 3:57 pm

The good news is that you can bury a lot of troubles by just digging in the dirt.

OhioGardener
OhioGardener

Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Ross 2/8/2020, 1:08 pm

I am currently planning to start a container garden. But I don't have any experience in this field. However, I am determined to make my dream come true. Pray for me, guys!
Alex Ross
Alex Ross

Male Posts : 1

https://gardenitch.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 2/8/2020, 4:00 pm

Alex Ross wrote:I am currently planning to start a container garden. But I don't have any experience in this field. However, I am determined to make my dream come true. Pray for me, guys!
AWESOME! I love container gardening. My latest project is hot peppers in grow bags, so I can move them inside in the winter, since they can be perennials in mild climates.

I also have a container garden on my kitchen balcony, with dwarf citrus, kale, radishes, chives, lemon balm, bay, and geraniums right now. Tomatoes and cukes are started inside to be transplanted out there when the nights warm up.

Let us know your plans and someone here is sure to be able help you along the way. Most lessons we've already learned the hard way, so you won't have to. Rolling Eyes
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 2/8/2020, 4:05 pm

countrynaturals wrote:Good job, Brian. Are you having any problems with aphids, mildew, or gnats?
Anybody use Dr. Zymes Eliminator for these problems?
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  AtlantaMarie 2/10/2020, 8:10 am

Hi Alex! Welcome from Atlanta, GA!

Sanderson (one of the admins) is also in Cali. So I'd look at her archives first. But you'll find us a chatty helpful bunch. :-)
AtlantaMarie
AtlantaMarie

Certified SFG Instructor

Female Posts : 5602

http://www.defensivespecialties.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3