Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
Finally got my pics off my Blackberry! Toplef10Finally got my pics off my Blackberry! 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

Finally got my pics off my Blackberry! I22gcj10Finally got my pics off my Blackberry! 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
Finally got my pics off my Blackberry! Toplef10Finally got my pics off my Blackberry! 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

Finally got my pics off my Blackberry! I22gcj10Finally got my pics off my Blackberry! 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Joann's fabric bankruptcy
by has55 Yesterday at 9:13 pm

» Senseless Banter...
by OhioGardener Yesterday at 12:11 pm

» Fire Ring / Round Raised Bed Planter
by donnainzone5 Yesterday at 11:47 am

» Galvanized Fire Ring for Rhubarb Raised Beds?
by OhioGardener Yesterday at 10:34 am

» Happy St. Patrick's Day
by Scorpio Rising 3/17/2024, 5:54 pm

» Kiwi's SFG Adventure
by KiwiSFGnewbie 3/17/2024, 4:58 pm

» N & C Midwest: March and April 2024
by Scorpio Rising 3/16/2024, 12:16 pm

» Prefab compost question
by sanderson 3/14/2024, 11:40 pm

» New gardener from Santa Fe NM
by Turan 3/14/2024, 2:06 pm

» Compost bins: Open vs. closed
by OhioGardener 3/13/2024, 5:48 pm

» Heat Mat Temperature Test
by sanderson 3/13/2024, 1:31 am

» Bokashi
by OhioGardener 3/12/2024, 5:37 pm

» Happy Birthday!!
by Scorpio Rising 3/11/2024, 10:28 am

» What are you eating from your garden today?
by Scorpio Rising 3/10/2024, 8:38 pm

» Why I love Oregano in the garden.
by OhioGardener 3/10/2024, 8:16 am

» Comfrey
by OhioGardener 3/9/2024, 6:07 pm

» Sealing Barrels Flowers Struggling-Need Ideas
by Turan 3/9/2024, 3:09 pm

» Hello again from a slightly different part of Central PA!
by sanderson 3/9/2024, 1:46 pm

» Chicken manure compost
by Oopsiedaisy 3/8/2024, 7:56 pm

» Chinese Broccoli
by sanderson 3/7/2024, 10:28 pm

» Heat Mat Lifespan
by Scorpio Rising 3/7/2024, 9:33 am

» Now is The Time To Take Seed Inventory
by OhioGardener 3/6/2024, 4:36 pm

» Mark's first SFG
by sanderson 3/5/2024, 10:55 pm

» Greetings from a haggard mom
by sanderson 3/5/2024, 2:32 am

» Drip Irrigation question
by HDNoviceGardener_CA 3/4/2024, 9:50 pm

» Recommended store bought compost - Photos of composts
by sanderson 3/2/2024, 8:20 pm

» raised bed quanders
by OhioGardener 3/1/2024, 7:32 pm

» N&C Midwest January & February 2024
by OhioGardener 3/1/2024, 7:15 am

» Seeds 'n Such Leap Year Sale
by sanderson 2/29/2024, 1:42 pm

» Horsey poop
by MrBooker 2/29/2024, 10:56 am

Google

Search SFG Forum

Finally got my pics off my Blackberry!

+4
carolintexas
timwardell
Wyldflower
Paintedlady
8 posters

Go down

Finally got my pics off my Blackberry! Empty Finally got my pics off my Blackberry!

Post  Paintedlady 5/20/2010, 10:24 pm

Ok, my garden is still in it's infancy, and my dh is still building my 2X2 potato boxes, and we still have to put up the trellis', but here's what I've got so far. I'm so excited--this is my first year using SFG.

We decided we would take Mel's suggestion and make it a family project. We have 4 2X6 6" deep boxes, and each family member got one to paint the way they wanted. The 4X4 12" deep box is the family box and we decided together how to paint that one. I don't think we're going to paint the potato boxes.

Finally got my pics off my Blackberry! Sfg110

My son's box. It says Richard & Sonic's Growing Machine. Sonic is his Guinea pig. Finally got my pics off my Blackberry! Icon_wink We've got spinach, kale, red romaine lettuce, and wax beans in his box.
Finally got my pics off my Blackberry! Sfg1411

This is my daughter's box. It says Allie & LuLu's Snack Bar. Guess who Lulu is? See pic above. It's the sibling of Sonic. We've got spinach, kale, red romaine, green beans, crook neck squash, Kellog's breakfast tomatoes, & small cucs (pickles).
Finally got my pics off my Blackberry! Sfg1511

This is my box. An old throw back to the 2nd world war with the Victory Garden theme. My dh lost his job in Feb and this little garden was/is my little hope for victory over the job loss. He started his own business (part time) a few months before the job loss and we're trying to make it without him going back to another corporate job and making it with just his new business. We've got green beans, cayenne pepper, cauliflower, broccoli, red cabbage, celery, green peppers, patty pan squash, cherry tomatoes, Roma tomatoes, and green peppers.
Finally got my pics off my Blackberry! Sfg1610

This is my dh's box. Can you tell he's from Texas? Finally got my pics off my Blackberry! Icon_rolleyes This one's got jalepenos, broccoli, cauliflower, red cabbage, yellow peppers, green peppers, pumpkin, Brandywine tomatoes, & sugar snap peas.
Finally got my pics off my Blackberry! Sfg1810

This is the family box. 3 guesses who Sammy is. Here we have yellow onions, broccoli, radishes, red onions, dragon carrots & scarlet carrots.
Finally got my pics off my Blackberry! Sfg2010
You guessed it. This is Sammy. Finally got my pics off my Blackberry! Herz He's guarding my celery & cabbage.
Finally got my pics off my Blackberry! Sfg2210

This is a bit earlier when I had everything tented during some cold/rainy weather.
Finally got my pics off my Blackberry! Sfg1210

I hope you enjoy them!

Carrie

Last edited by Paintedlady on 5/20/2010, 10:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
Paintedlady
Paintedlady

Back to top Go down

Finally got my pics off my Blackberry! Empty Re: Finally got my pics off my Blackberry!

Post  Wyldflower 5/20/2010, 10:27 pm

What a terrific garden! I LOVE the idea of each family member naming their own garden box
Wyldflower
Wyldflower

Female Posts : 530

Back to top Go down

Finally got my pics off my Blackberry! Empty Re: Finally got my pics off my Blackberry!

Post  timwardell 5/20/2010, 10:32 pm

Looks great. Is that your driveway or patio that your building/gardening on?
timwardell
timwardell

Certified SFG Instructor

Male Posts : 778

http://www.timwardell.com/gardening/

Back to top Go down

Post  Paintedlady 5/20/2010, 10:43 pm

timwardell wrote:Looks great. Is that your driveway or patio that your building/gardening on?

It used to be where the garage was. The previous owners, in all of their wisdom, tore it down and subjected us to all of the new statutes of putting up a new garage instead of being grandfathered in with the old one. Of course, now we can't put an old one in the same place b/c it's too close to the property line of our neighbors (even though they don't care) and too close to our house (we also don't care). We're going to have to pay to have everything moved out farther into the yard, which we cannot afford right now. So..... I decided to put garden there and make it pretty.
Lemons Finally got my pics off my Blackberry! Icon_arrow lemonade. Finally got my pics off my Blackberry! Icon_biggrin
Paintedlady
Paintedlady

Back to top Go down

Post  carolintexas 5/21/2010, 5:23 am

Cute boxes! Good luck with your husband's business and what I know will be a successful garden. Tell us about the white pipe above your box...is that an irrigation system and if so tell us all about it. Keep the photos coming, we all enjoy seeing each others gardens.
carolintexas

Female Posts : 84

Back to top Go down

Post  new2this 5/21/2010, 7:07 am

Oh, I think that is just too cool!! I love your family garden; what a great way to get everyone involved.
new2this

Female Posts : 215

Back to top Go down

Post  Paintedlady 5/21/2010, 8:48 am

carolintexas wrote:Cute boxes! Good luck with your husband's business and what I know will be a successful garden. Tell us about the white pipe above your box...is that an irrigation system and if so tell us all about it. Keep the photos coming, we all enjoy seeing each others gardens.

I wish it were something as cool as an irrigation system, but it's only some left over pvc that I used to tent the boxes with plastic when it was cold. I'm intrigued by the idea of an automatic drip system though. Hmmmm....off to google drip systems. Finally got my pics off my Blackberry! Icon_lol
Paintedlady
Paintedlady

Back to top Go down

Post  quiltbea 5/22/2010, 9:50 pm

Its great that you made it a family affair, and I see all is going well.
My first year was last year and it was a learning experience the whole season.
I loved it but your second year will be even better because you'll have learned so much together.
I hope the part time business works out for your guy and all stays well with your family.
Have fun and enjoy the harvests,,,,the best part of SFG.
quiltbea
quiltbea

Female Posts : 4712

Back to top Go down

Finally got my pics off my Blackberry! Empty Great Idea

Post  llang43 5/24/2010, 2:48 pm

Finally got my pics off my Blackberry! Icon_sunny These are adorable!! I love the personalization! Finally got my pics off my Blackberry! Icon_flower Enjoy your gardens!!
Looks like you've got all your favorites planted. Finally got my pics off my Blackberry! Icon_albino
llang43
llang43

Female Posts : 11

Back to top Go down

Post  milaneyjane 5/24/2010, 3:43 pm

LOVE it!!!!! Finally got my pics off my Blackberry! Icon_sunny
milaneyjane
milaneyjane

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down