Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.


[/td][/tr][/table]
Search
 
 

Display results as :
 

 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Fifth Year SFG in Canada
by trolleydriver Today at 5:31 pm

» Microbes...you gotta see this one !!!
by has55 Today at 5:18 pm

» Second try on grids.
by countrynaturals Today at 3:10 pm

» New Grids
by countrynaturals Today at 2:42 pm

» How's the Weather Where You're At?
by countrynaturals Today at 2:13 pm

» Photo Op?
by countrynaturals Today at 2:10 pm

» SFG FOUNDATION NEWSLETTER - MAR. 2019
by sfg4uKim Today at 2:01 pm

» Do you "pre-season budget" your gardening expenses?
by OhioGardener Today at 11:19 am

» Happy St. Patrick's Day!
by countrynaturals Today at 11:00 am

» Home Grown Food Summit
by countrynaturals Today at 10:43 am

» Northern California & Coastal Valleys - What are you doing this month?
by sanderson Today at 2:52 am

» Compost Tea Recipe
by has55 Today at 2:36 am

» Happy Birthday!!
by sanderson Today at 2:33 am

» raised beds extra
by sanderson Today at 2:07 am

» Famous Gardening Quotes
by countrynaturals Yesterday at 10:41 pm

» What are you eating from your garden today?
by sanderson Yesterday at 8:17 pm

» for the Dallas-Ft. Worth Texas area
by has55 Yesterday at 12:23 pm

» strawberries SFG
by OhioGardener Yesterday at 8:37 am

» N&C Midwest: March in like a lion...2019
by OhioGardener 3/18/2019, 9:04 pm

» Comfrey
by plantoid 3/18/2019, 6:07 pm

» Tomato Tuesday 2018
by OhioGardener 3/18/2019, 2:32 pm

» CANADIAN REGION What are you doing JANUARY - MARCH 2019
by countrynaturals 3/18/2019, 2:11 pm

» Hi from Southern California
by Kelejan 3/18/2019, 7:15 am

» Hi everyone....an update on my life in Pennsylvania as of today.
by Kelejan 3/18/2019, 6:41 am

» Friday Rookie Topic X: Marigolds
by Scorpio Rising 3/17/2019, 4:42 pm

» Seed Starting Has Begun...
by countrynaturals 3/16/2019, 10:47 pm

» FINALLY! Pictures of the garden
by sanderson 3/16/2019, 3:17 pm

» 2018/2019 SFG in Brooks, GA
by AtlantaMarie 3/16/2019, 6:16 am

» How Many Square Feet Do You Have?
by sanderson 3/15/2019, 12:59 am

» Butterfly Junction
by sanderson 3/15/2019, 12:56 am

Google

Search SFG Forum

G'day newbie from down under

Go down

G'day newbie from down under

Post  kimbo63 on 10/18/2018, 12:10 am

Hi all
My name is Kim (Kimbo) I live in Perth Western Australia been doing the SFG for a number of years now keen to learn and share ideas to get more out of my garden
Cheers Kimbo
kimbo63
kimbo63

Male Posts : 14
Join date : 2018-10-17
Age : 55
Location : Western australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: G'day newbie from down under

Post  OhioGardener on 10/18/2018, 9:28 am

Welcome aboard from Ohio, Kim!  Since you are going into summer, be sure to post some pictures of your gardens. Those of us in the northern hemisphere enjoy seeing gardens that are still growing. Very Happy
OhioGardener
OhioGardener

Posts : 585
Join date : 2018-08-06
Location : SW Ohio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: G'day newbie from down under

Post  bluelacedredhead on 10/18/2018, 11:40 am

Welcome Kim  from Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. 

Looking forward to learning about SFG in Perth!
bluelacedredhead
bluelacedredhead

Female Posts : 100
Join date : 2012-06-21
Location : Hamilton, ON Z6A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: G'day newbie from down under

Post  plantoid on 10/18/2018, 5:16 pm

Welcome , if you are fit enough have you started your own home made compost making yet ?  It's the very soul of our soil less growth medium , along with Mel Bartholomew's grid spacings for seeds .

 Tell us more about how you started and if you have migrated over from soil to soilless growing ? 

 Dave 
South Wales  Great Britain
plantoid
plantoid

Male Posts : 3841
Join date : 2011-11-09
Age : 68

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: G'day newbie from down under

Post  kimbo63 on 10/18/2018, 10:07 pm

@OhioGardener wrote:Welcome aboard from Ohio, Kim!  Since you are going into summer, be sure to post some pictures of your gardens. Those of us in the northern hemisphere enjoy seeing gardens that are still growing. Very Happy
Thanks for the welcome I'll be posting up some pictures I'm currently converting my beds to wicking beds so when complete will show yous all
cheers Kimbo
kimbo63
kimbo63

Male Posts : 14
Join date : 2018-10-17
Age : 55
Location : Western australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: G'day newbie from down under

Post  kimbo63 on 10/18/2018, 10:09 pm

@bluelacedredhead wrote:Welcome Kim  from Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. 

Looking forward to learning about SFG in Perth!
Thanks will show all I got once I learn how to post pictures lol
cheers kimbo
kimbo63
kimbo63

Male Posts : 14
Join date : 2018-10-17
Age : 55
Location : Western australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: G'day newbie from down under

Post  kimbo63 on 10/18/2018, 10:19 pm

@plantoid wrote:Welcome , if you are fit enough have you started your own home made compost making yet ?  It's the very soul of our soil less growth medium , along with Mel Bartholomew's grid spacings for seeds .

 Tell us more about how you started and if you have migrated over from soil to soilless growing ? 

 Dave 
South Wales  Great Britain
Thanks plantoid sure do make my own compost and yes I follow the metric version of Mel's book to some extent
I originally had long row veggie garden but found it easier to brake it up into smaller beds I have got some root intrusion from next doors trees so have gone to wicking beds this year to stop roots and to save on water here in the hot Aussie summer
cheers Kimbo
kimbo63
kimbo63

Male Posts : 14
Join date : 2018-10-17
Age : 55
Location : Western australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: G'day newbie from down under

Post  sanderson on 10/19/2018, 2:27 am

Kimbo, Welcome to the Forum from California, west coast U.S. I hope this thread helps you post some photos. Currently, only a max of 3 photos at a time can be loaded. To post more, click Review, and start the process over if you want more photos to post.

____________________________

Find more about Weather in Fresno, CA
Click for weather forecast
sanderson
sanderson

Forum Moderator Certified SFG Teacher

Female Posts : 17508
Join date : 2013-04-21
Age : 70
Location : Fresno CA Zone 8-9

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: G'day newbie from down under

Post  kimbo63 on 10/19/2018, 2:30 am

@sanderson wrote:Kimbo, Welcome to the Forum from California, west coast U.S.  I hope this thread helps you post some photos.  Currently, only a max of 3 photos at a time can be loaded.  To post more, click Review, and start the process over if you want more photos to post.
thanks mate I had a look at your how to post and managed to get 1 photo up is there a size limit ?
cheers Kimbo
kimbo63
kimbo63

Male Posts : 14
Join date : 2018-10-17
Age : 55
Location : Western australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: G'day newbie from down under

Post  sanderson on 10/19/2018, 3:10 am


____________________________

Find more about Weather in Fresno, CA
Click for weather forecast
sanderson
sanderson

Forum Moderator Certified SFG Teacher

Female Posts : 17508
Join date : 2013-04-21
Age : 70
Location : Fresno CA Zone 8-9

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: G'day newbie from down under

Post  Scorpio Rising on 10/19/2018, 10:26 pm

glad you\'re here Hey!  Welcome, Kimbo!  So excited that you have found us!  What do you like to eat?  Do you have gardening experience?  What are you growing this year?  Up here, all my stuff is dying...so we all love to hear from you in the Southern Hemisphere or the areas that have winter crops Wink

Looking forward to hearing from you, and take notes!
Scorpio Rising
Scorpio Rising

Female Posts : 6651
Join date : 2015-06-12
Age : 57
Location : Ada, Ohio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: G'day newbie from down under

Post  kimbo63 on 10/20/2018, 2:37 am

@Scorpio Rising wrote:glad you\'re here Hey!  Welcome, Kimbo!  So excited that you have found us!  What do you like to eat?  Do you have gardening experience?  What are you growing this year?  Up here, all my stuff is dying...so we all love to hear from you in the Southern Hemisphere or the areas that have winter crops Wink

Looking forward to hearing from you, and take notes!
sunny Thanks a lot for the welcome I've been growing veggies since my early twenty's always grew my own tomatoes,strawberries,peas ect! as you cant bye anything that taste as good as the stuff you grow yourself  i like to eat every thing from the garden
I'm currently reconstructing my SFG as I'm turning the beds into wicking beds keep an eye out for my build post
Cheers kimbo
kimbo63
kimbo63

Male Posts : 14
Join date : 2018-10-17
Age : 55
Location : Western australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: G'day newbie from down under

Post  Scorpio Rising on 10/20/2018, 11:08 am

@kimbo63 wrote:
@Scorpio Rising wrote:glad you\'re here Hey!  Welcome, Kimbo!  So excited that you have found us!  What do you like to eat?  Do you have gardening experience?  What are you growing this year?  Up here, all my stuff is dying...so we all love to hear from you in the Southern Hemisphere or the areas that have winter crops Wink

Looking forward to hearing from you, and take notes!
sunny Thanks a lot for the welcome I've been growing veggies since my early twenty's always grew my own tomatoes,strawberries,peas ect! as you cant bye anything that taste as good as the stuff you grow yourself  i like to eat every thing from the garden
I'm currently reconstructing my SFG as I'm turning the beds into wicking beds keep an eye out for my build post
Cheers kimbo
Can’t wait!  We love pictures!
Scorpio Rising
Scorpio Rising

Female Posts : 6651
Join date : 2015-06-12
Age : 57
Location : Ada, Ohio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: G'day newbie from down under

Post  AtlantaMarie on 10/26/2018, 8:51 am

Hi Kimbo. Welcome from Atlanta, GA (SE USA). Glad you're here!
AtlantaMarie
AtlantaMarie

Certified SFG Instructor

Female Posts : 4908
Join date : 2014-03-18
Age : 55
Location : Buford, GA - Zones 7B/8A

View user profile http://www.defensivespecialties.com

Back to top Go down

Re: G'day newbie from down under

Post  CapeCoddess on 10/27/2018, 7:05 pm

glad you\'re here Kimbo!
So you're heading into summer now.  It will be fun to watch your veggies grow while I'm  sitting by the fireplace in the midst of winter here in New England, USA.  

I'm interested in seeing your wicking beds.  Can't imagine what that is.
thinking
CC
CapeCoddess
CapeCoddess

Posts : 6767
Join date : 2012-05-20
Age : 63
Location : elbow of the Cape, MA, Zone 6b/7a

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: G'day newbie from down under

Post  sanderson on 10/28/2018, 2:52 am

Kimbo, When folks in the Northern Hemisphere are snowed in, they love seeing summer photos from down under.

____________________________

Find more about Weather in Fresno, CA
Click for weather forecast
sanderson
sanderson

Forum Moderator Certified SFG Teacher

Female Posts : 17508
Join date : 2013-04-21
Age : 70
Location : Fresno CA Zone 8-9

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: G'day newbie from down under

Post  trolleydriver on 10/28/2018, 1:16 pm

@sanderson wrote:Kimbo, When folks in the Northern Hemisphere are snowed in, they love seeing summer photos from down under.  
+1

____________________________

Ottawa, Canada
Find more about Weather in Ottawa, CA
Click for weather forecast
trolleydriver
trolleydriver

Forum Moderator

Male Posts : 4866
Join date : 2015-05-04
Age : 71
Location : Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: G'day newbie from down under

Post  kimbo63 on 10/31/2018, 3:23 am

@AtlantaMarie wrote:Hi Kimbo.  Welcome from Atlanta, GA (SE USA).  Glad you're here!
thanks have been away in the mines for a couple of weeks but back at it again
cheers Kimbo
kimbo63
kimbo63

Male Posts : 14
Join date : 2018-10-17
Age : 55
Location : Western australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: G'day newbie from down under

Post  kimbo63 on 10/31/2018, 3:26 am

@CapeCoddess wrote:glad you\'re here Kimbo!
So you're heading into summer now.  It will be fun to watch your veggies grow while I'm  sitting by the fireplace in the midst of winter here in New England, USA.  

I'm interested in seeing your wicking beds.  Can't imagine what that is.
thinking
CC
thanks mate keep tuned in ill sort some pictures of the build right here on this Chanel
Cheers Kimbo
kimbo63
kimbo63

Male Posts : 14
Join date : 2018-10-17
Age : 55
Location : Western australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: G'day newbie from down under

Post  kimbo63 on 10/31/2018, 3:28 am

@sanderson wrote:Kimbo, When folks in the Northern Hemisphere are snowed in, they love seeing summer photos from down under.  
no prob mate I'll try to get a post up and running this season
cheers Kimbo
kimbo63
kimbo63

Male Posts : 14
Join date : 2018-10-17
Age : 55
Location : Western australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: G'day newbie from down under

Post  sanderson on 10/31/2018, 4:19 pm


____________________________

Find more about Weather in Fresno, CA
Click for weather forecast
sanderson
sanderson

Forum Moderator Certified SFG Teacher

Female Posts : 17508
Join date : 2013-04-21
Age : 70
Location : Fresno CA Zone 8-9

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: G'day newbie from down under

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum