Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 36 Toplef10How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 36 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 36 I22gcj10How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 36 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 36 Toplef10How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 36 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 36 I22gcj10How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 36 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Tomatoes not having growth
by fencefacts Today at 7:01 am

» What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today
by sanderson Yesterday at 11:07 pm

» What are you eating from your garden today?
by OhioGardener Yesterday at 4:44 pm

» Spring Flowers
by sanderson Yesterday at 4:12 pm

» What do I do with tomato plants?
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 5/18/2024, 8:53 pm

» N & C Midwest—May 2024
by OhioGardener 5/18/2024, 7:14 pm

» Ohio Gardener's Greenhouse
by OhioGardener 5/18/2024, 7:02 pm

» Compost not hot
by OhioGardener 5/17/2024, 8:05 am

» First timer in Central Virginia (7b) - newly built beds 2024
by flossy21 5/16/2024, 5:34 pm

» Help me correct my mistakes for next year please
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 5/16/2024, 4:46 pm

» Cabbage worms
by sanderson 5/16/2024, 1:34 am

» Complicated mixed up bunny poop!
by plantoid 5/14/2024, 7:20 pm

» They don't call 'em garden BEDS for nothing.
by sanderson 5/12/2024, 2:34 am

» Birds of the Garden
by OhioGardener 5/7/2024, 8:26 pm

» Greetings from Southport NC
by sanderson 5/6/2024, 4:36 am

» In the news: Biosolids in Texas.
by sanderson 5/6/2024, 4:19 am

» Rhubarb Rhubarb
by Scorpio Rising 5/5/2024, 7:57 pm

» Mark's first SFG
by markqz 5/4/2024, 12:08 am

» question about the digital tools from the sfg site.
by OhioGardener 5/2/2024, 4:50 pm

» Assistance Needed: Sugar Snap Peas Yellowing and Wilting
by Scorpio Rising 5/1/2024, 8:24 pm

» OMG, GMO from an unexpected place.
by sanderson 5/1/2024, 1:57 am

» N & C Midwest: March and April 2024
by Scorpio Rising 4/29/2024, 1:30 pm

» Lovage, has anyone grown, or used
by OhioGardener 4/29/2024, 12:27 pm

» New to SFG in Arlington, Tx
by sanderson 4/26/2024, 3:13 pm

» Soil Blocks: Tutorial In Photos
by OhioGardener 4/25/2024, 5:20 pm

» Manure tea overwintered outside - is it safe to use?
by Mhpoole 4/24/2024, 7:08 pm

» Advice on my blend
by donnainzone5 4/24/2024, 12:13 pm

» Senseless Banter...
by OhioGardener 4/24/2024, 8:16 am

» Kiwi's SFG Adventure
by sanderson 4/22/2024, 2:07 pm

» Sacrificial Tomatoes
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 4/22/2024, 10:36 am

Google

Search SFG Forum

How's the Weather Where You're At?

+45
OhioGardener
plantoid
Emily49
olivia.walter
High Desert
lvanderb
bgardner
SusanTheWriter
mollyhespra
ralitaco
Dan in Ct
recoush
markqz
LilBittyBean
countrynaturals
Cajun Cappy
ispinwool
donnainzone5
AtlantaMarie
MrBooker
bluelacedredhead
patiphillips42
sanderson
BlackjackWidow
kauairosina
SwampTroll
Kelejan
newbeone
littlejo
Roseinarosecity
Captblacksmithmike
hammock gal
BeetlesPerSqFt
No_Such_Reality
RJARPCGP
chickenlittle
Whyteravyn
farmersgranddaughter
DorothyG
llama momma
trolleydriver
Yardslave
yolos
CapeCoddess
Turan
49 posters

Page 36 of 39 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next

Go down

How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 36 Empty Re: How's the Weather Where You're At?

Post  lvanderb 4/25/2020, 4:56 pm

Beautiful day here in Tavistock, Ontario - Zone 5b - sunny, 13C or so.

Busy filling my raised beds, made it hard for myself (reusing my old garden soil and wood chips), but free is good as far as I'm concerned. I added the contents of my backyard composter and the kitchen scraps we had stored in plastic garbage bags in the garage over the winder.

Still have peat moss and compost etc to add, and more of my organically enhanced clay soil. Saving that workout for tomorrow, assuming I can still walk!

Linda
lvanderb
lvanderb

Female Posts : 61

Back to top Go down

How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 36 Empty Re: How's the Weather Where You're At?

Post  countrynaturals 4/29/2020, 1:17 pm

95 here, yesterday. That's over 20 degrees above normal and may have set a record. I watered my containers twice. When I walked by the pool, I decided to stick my feet in. It was heavenly. The water temp was over 80, so I dug out a bathing suit and went swimming. Take that, Mother Nature! Razz
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Female Posts : 5704

http://countrynaturals.com

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 5/2/2020, 6:02 pm

It's Raining! happy turtle  And it's only 72 degrees. happy turtle 

*LIFE IS GOOD!*
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  OhioGardener 5/2/2020, 6:09 pm

Sunny and bright, and 82°F today, absolutely beautiful! Spent the whole day working in the yard and gardens. Loverly, just loverly.

"In short, the soil food web feeds everything you eat and helps keep your favorite planet from getting too hot. Be nice to it."  ~ Diane Miessler, "Grow Your Soil"
OhioGardener
OhioGardener

Forum Moderator

Male Posts : 4552

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkKWnsWrs0RIcyIQD1_Z26g

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 5/3/2020, 9:01 am

countrynaturals wrote:It's Raining! happy turtle  And it's only 72 degrees. happy turtle 

*LIFE IS GOOD!*
There I go -- bragging again! Evil or Very Mad

Last night's low was supposed to be 50 degrees. It's now 40. The heat could kick on any minute. My gorgeous summer garden could be gone. I won't know for another hour. Yup, there goes the heater. very sad

Now they're saying 45 tonight. I could be starting over, tomorrow. affraid
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 5/3/2020, 12:50 pm

countrynaturals wrote:
countrynaturals wrote:It's Raining! happy turtle  And it's only 72 degrees. happy turtle 

*LIFE IS GOOD!*

Last night's low was supposed to be 50 degrees. It's now 40. The heat could kick on any minute. My gorgeous summer garden could be gone. I won't know for another hour. Yup, there goes the heater. very sad

Everything survived, but tonight could be just as cold, so I'm still holding my breath.
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  MrBooker 5/3/2020, 2:48 pm

74* here today and rain moving in. Supposed to go down to 40* Friday night. Hell yes, it's going down to 40 degrees. I planted my SWEET POTATOES two days ago. I have my butt covered though. I bought 12 more plants today and will keep them in the house and see what happens.
MrBooker
MrBooker

Male Posts : 736

Back to top Go down

Post  OhioGardener 5/3/2020, 3:07 pm

Same here, Mr B.  Down into the low-40's tonight, and by Wednesday night we're supposed to be down into the mid-30's.  Fortunately, I don't have anything out yet that is frost sensitive. The tomatoes and peppers are anxious to get out into the gardens, but it isn't safe to plant them until mid-May here.

"In short, the soil food web feeds everything you eat and helps keep your favorite planet from getting too hot. Be nice to it."  ~ Diane Miessler, "Grow Your Soil"
OhioGardener
OhioGardener

Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorpio Rising 5/3/2020, 3:19 pm

Gorgeous here.  70s.  Sunny-ish.  Dodged rain (we do not need rain) so able to mow—yay?
Scorpio Rising
Scorpio Rising

Female Posts : 8737

Back to top Go down

Post  lvanderb 5/3/2020, 4:56 pm

Also gorgeous here Smile (they are calling for some freezing nights this week, we'll see - last frost date is approx. May 24).

Got a bag full of dandelions (no worries, I left the million we have for the bees in the lawn alone), first Back To Eden garden section done, one more to go... I might start planting bits of comfrey root as the grass is seriously encroaching into my wood chips.

Linda
lvanderb
lvanderb

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 5/4/2020, 9:00 am

countrynaturals wrote:
countrynaturals wrote:

*LIFE IS GOOD!*

Everything survived, but tonight could be just as cold, so I'm still holding my breath.
Not quite as cold as last night, but I brought in the last of the seedlings -- lost a few -- and now there's a fire in the wood stove -- probably the last of the year, but I thought that 2 weeks ago, too. Rolling Eyes No more nights in the 40s, or so they say, now. Roller coaster temps coming up, with day time temps fluctuating between high 90s and low 70s. Shocked
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  High Desert 5/5/2020, 5:46 pm

Still getting freezing temps occasionally - lost some plants the other night, even though they were covered.  Temps got down to mid 20's.  Today is nice and Wednesday night is supposed to drop back into the high 20's, again.  June is generally when weather stabilizes here for reasonable overnight temps for gardening.
High Desert
High Desert

Back to top Go down

Post  OhioGardener 5/6/2020, 8:37 am

As Snoopy would say, it was a dark and stormy night....   The good thing about the all-night rain, though, was that the frost couldn't settle in as it was predicted. Going to be very cool through the end of next week, and then we are supposed to move into more normal temps. Friday night, though, is supposed to get down to 27°F, which will take care of any tender plants as well as the blooming fruit trees.

OhioGardener
OhioGardener

Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 5/6/2020, 8:59 am

Can you say "roller coaster"? Rolling Eyes 

How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 36 May10
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 5/7/2020, 8:42 pm

101 degrees! Could get that bad tomorrow and the next day, too. After that, it should cool down nicely for awhile. Fingers crossed this mini-heatwave doesn't mess up any of my sensitive plants. Hopefully, they're all too young to understand, yet, and they'll just ignore it. Razz
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Back to top Go down

Post  lvanderb 5/7/2020, 9:34 pm

In my area, southwestern Ontario, Canada, we're on the other end of the roller coaster and expecting a week of frost at night. All my plants are under cover until next Wednesday or Thursday.

Linda
lvanderb
lvanderb

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorpio Rising 5/7/2020, 9:45 pm

lvanderb wrote:In my area, southwestern Ontario, Canada, we're on the other end of the roller coaster and expecting a week of frost at night. All my plants are under cover until next Wednesday or Thursday.

Linda
Same here, Linda, freeze warning for Friday night into Saturday, and generally cold tomorrow.  Nothing out there really needs cover, although I will close the cold frame and throw a sheet on the lettuces.... lots o
Scorpio Rising
Scorpio Rising

Female Posts : 8737

Back to top Go down

Post  yolos 5/7/2020, 11:01 pm

The low for 6 of the next 10 days will be below 50*F.  There is even one (Sat night) with the low temps predicted to be 39*F.  That is unheard of around here for this date.
yolos
yolos

Female Posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

How's the Weather Where You're At? - Page 36 Empty Widespread FROST tonight

Post  MrBooker 5/8/2020, 8:21 am

Predicting 34* F tonight and widespread frost. My sweet potato's just started to vine out and everything is looking so good.

All of my tomatoes and peppers are in half barrels with tomato cages. The barrels are close together and I think I can lay a 2x4 across the top of the tomato cages then throw plastic over them. I'll post pics when I get them covered.

We lost everything last year to a severe hail storm. We had quarter sized hail beat down everything we had planted. It looked like someone went through the garden and stripped all the stems and leaves off the plants then broke the stalks off.

Also, I have 6 cabbage, 8 cauliflower and 6 broccoli  plants I won't be able to cover. They may be able to handle a light frost.  We'll see.
MrBooker
MrBooker

Back to top Go down

Post  OhioGardener 5/8/2020, 8:34 am

We are to have a hard freeze tonight, down to 27°F.  I have two beds with kale, spinach, chard, radishes, lettuce, beets, and carrots that I am going to cover them with the Agribon Frost Cloth tonight if the wind slows down enough to be able to get it on there. All of the plants are frost hardy, so they will make it through if I can get them covered.

OhioGardener
OhioGardener

Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  MrBooker 5/8/2020, 8:37 am

OhioGardener wrote:We are to have a hard freeze tonight, down to 27°F.  I have two beds with kale, spinach, chard, radishes, lettuce, beets, and carrots that I am going to cover them with the Agribon Frost Cloth tonight if the wind slows down enough to be able to get it on there. All of the plants are frost hardy, so they will make it through if I can get them covered.
OG. Do you think my Cabbage, Broccoli and cauliflower will withstand 34* and a light frost?
MrBooker
MrBooker

Back to top Go down

Post  OhioGardener 5/8/2020, 8:58 am

MrBooker wrote:
OhioGardener wrote:We are to have a hard freeze tonight, down to 27°F.  I have two beds with kale, spinach, chard, radishes, lettuce, beets, and carrots that I am going to cover them with the Agribon Frost Cloth tonight if the wind slows down enough to be able to get it on there. All of the plants are frost hardy, so they will make it through if I can get them covered.
OG. Do you think my Cabbage, Broccoli and cauliflower will withstand 34* and a light frost?

Yes, they should survive it without any problems - they are frost hardy down to 28°F. The edges of the the leaves might turn brown, but the plants will quickly recover and take off again.  The real susceptible plants are things like beans, cantaloupe, corn, cucumbers, eggplant, okra, peas, pepper, potatoes, sweet potatoes, squash, tomatoes, and watermelon, that will be killed by a temp down to 33°F.

OhioGardener
OhioGardener

Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  MrBooker 5/8/2020, 9:07 am

OhioGardener wrote:
MrBooker wrote:

Yes, they should survive it without any problems - they are frost hardy down to 28°F. The edges of the the leaves might turn brown, but the plants will quickly recover and take off again.  The real susceptible plants are things like beans, cantaloupe, corn, cucumbers, eggplant, okra, peas, pepper, potatoes, sweet potatoes, squash, tomatoes, and watermelon, that will be killed by a temp down to 33°F.
Thanks... I thought they might survive.  I'm sure I'll lose my sweet potato plants but I was able to but more plants yesterday as a backup.... Glad I did.
MrBooker
MrBooker

Back to top Go down

Post  trolleydriver 5/8/2020, 10:02 am

Snowing here in Ottawa, Canada this morning.
trolleydriver

Forum Moderator

Male Posts : 5395

Back to top Go down

Post  OhioGardener 5/8/2020, 10:25 am

trolleydriver wrote:Snowing here in Ottawa, Canada this morning.

Believe it or not, they are predicting snow flurries here in SW Ohio tonight or tomorrow morning. If that happens, that will be a new record as the latest date ever for snow here. But then, they said if it gets down to 27°F tonight as predicted that will be a new record low for this date, or this late in the year.

OhioGardener
OhioGardener

Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 36 of 39 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next