Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 31 Toplef10What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 31 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 31 I22gcj10What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 31 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 31 Toplef10What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 31 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 31 I22gcj10What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 31 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Ohio Gardener's Greenhouse
by OhioGardener Today at 3:36 pm

» N & C Midwest—May 2024
by OhioGardener Today at 3:16 pm

» Greetings from Southport NC
by sanderson Today at 4:36 am

» In the news: Biosolids in Texas.
by sanderson Today at 4:19 am

» Rhubarb Rhubarb
by Scorpio Rising Yesterday at 7:57 pm

» What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today
by Scorpio Rising Yesterday at 7:55 pm

» Complicated mixed up bunny poop!
by jemm Yesterday at 7:24 pm

» Mark's first SFG
by markqz 5/4/2024, 12:08 am

» question about the digital tools from the sfg site.
by OhioGardener 5/2/2024, 4:50 pm

» Assistance Needed: Sugar Snap Peas Yellowing and Wilting
by Scorpio Rising 5/1/2024, 8:24 pm

» OMG, GMO from an unexpected place.
by sanderson 5/1/2024, 1:57 am

» N & C Midwest: March and April 2024
by Scorpio Rising 4/29/2024, 1:30 pm

» Lovage, has anyone grown, or used
by OhioGardener 4/29/2024, 12:27 pm

» New to SFG in Arlington, Tx
by sanderson 4/26/2024, 3:13 pm

» Soil Blocks: Tutorial In Photos
by OhioGardener 4/25/2024, 5:20 pm

» Manure tea overwintered outside - is it safe to use?
by Mhpoole 4/24/2024, 7:08 pm

» Advice on my blend
by donnainzone5 4/24/2024, 12:13 pm

» Senseless Banter...
by OhioGardener 4/24/2024, 8:16 am

» What do I do with tomato plants?
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 4/23/2024, 1:36 am

» Kiwi's SFG Adventure
by sanderson 4/22/2024, 2:07 pm

» Sacrificial Tomatoes
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 4/22/2024, 10:36 am

» From the Admin - 4th EDITION of All New Square Foot Gardening is in Progress
by sanderson 4/21/2024, 5:02 pm

» Seedling Identification
by AuntieBeth 4/21/2024, 8:00 am

» Happy Birthday!!
by AtlantaMarie 4/21/2024, 6:56 am

» Three Sisters Thursday
by sanderson 4/20/2024, 5:25 pm

» Recommended store bought compost - Photos of composts
by sanderson 4/20/2024, 3:08 pm

» Compost not hot
by Guinevere 4/19/2024, 11:19 am

» Maybe a silly question but...
by sanderson 4/18/2024, 11:22 pm

» Hi from zone 10B--southern orange county, ca
by sanderson 4/18/2024, 12:25 am

» Asparagus
by OhioGardener 4/17/2024, 6:17 pm

Google

Search SFG Forum

What are you eating from your garden today?

+77
professorm
Ginger Blue
Judy McConnell
StrongAsMeat
walshevak
No_Such_Reality
lopez
ralitaco
GrowRunner
MrBooker
littlejo
Zmoore
FeedMeSeeMore
p14shooter
landarch
BeetlesPerSqFt
bigdogrock
countrynaturals
littlesapphire
CotheK
WindAndVane
Swilliams0416
reynajrainwater
Mimi2
donnainzone5
greatgranny
Scorpio Rising
MackerelSky
kauairosina
Goosegirl
Marc Iverson
CapeCoddess
CitizenKate
Dadoo
vortex
trolleydriver
Mikesgardn
mschaef
hokie_paw
mollyhespra
momvet
NanSFG
Rahab222
bbroomm
nosmok
TinySpock
Razed Bed
quiltbea
Triciasgarden
Dunkinjean
sfg4uKim
steve638
NAR56
martha
Cajun Cappy
Windmere
AtlantaMarie
dstack
southern gardener
plantoid
johnp
cyclonegardener
audrey.jeanne.roberts
Kelejan
sfgteachers
Turan
GloriaG
Cherbear
Denese
floyd1440
yolos
llama momma
FamilyGardening
herblover
meatburner
brainchasm
camprn
81 posters

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 31 Empty Re: What are you eating from your garden today?

Post  Scorpio Rising 7/11/2016, 9:42 pm

TD, the whole reason I got back into SFGing (other than the fact that I had 4 great window boxes just rotting in my driveway) was Patty pan squash. They have a toast and texture like no other, very buttery, sturdy texture, not slimy...just amazing. Carmelized with garlic, Vidalias or sweet onions, and some EVOO or butter (or both!) it is out of this world. A bit of grated parmy...heaven!

Yolos, like I said, I did not like the gazpacho from my prior experience. I like spicy stuff....it , wasn't. Actually wasn't really anything. Ew.
Scorpio Rising
Scorpio Rising

Female Posts : 8728

Back to top Go down

What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 31 Empty Re: What are you eating from your garden today?

Post  yolos 7/11/2016, 9:52 pm

Scorpio Rising wrote:
Yolos, like I said, I did not like the gazpacho from my prior experience.  I like spicy stuff....it , wasn't.   Actually wasn't really anything.  Ew.
SR - I posted the recipe under soups.  Add anything you like to it.  Spice it up if you like spicy.  Twogee's Gazpacho.
yolos
yolos

Female Posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorpio Rising 7/11/2016, 10:04 pm

Thanks!
Scorpio Rising
Scorpio Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  CapeCoddess 7/12/2016, 10:33 am

I was surprised to find lots of little lettuce plants under other plants so, along with the Rouge d' Hiver lettuce, was able to fill my weekly lettuce box today! Pulled some beets and will have the greens for dins tonight. Kale went into the morning smoothie. I'm kale heavy in my garden this year! Not a bad problem to have! What a Face

CC
CapeCoddess
CapeCoddess

Back to top Go down

Post  llama momma 7/12/2016, 12:25 pm

First ripe cherry tomatoes, no pictures, ate them in the garden.
llama momma
llama momma

Certified SFG Instructor

Female Posts : 4921

Back to top Go down

Post  countrynaturals 7/12/2016, 12:56 pm

llama momma wrote:First ripe cherry tomatoes, no pictures, ate them in the garden.
I had one single yellow cherry tomato orphan from a half-dead plant sale. I was nurturing it and saving it to harvest today. There was no room at the inn, so I had to put it in a container next to the garden gate. Yesterday THE STOOPID CHICKENS GOT IT! WAAAAAAA!  Mad Sad No (Maybe we'll have chicken and dumplings for dinner. Twisted Evil )
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Female Posts : 5704

http://countrynaturals.com

Back to top Go down

Post  llama momma 7/12/2016, 2:59 pm

Chicken humor, wait till perfection and eat it when the humans aren't looking! I bet we all have critter stories to share..
llama momma
llama momma

Certified SFG Instructor

Back to top Go down

Post  StrongAsMeat 7/18/2016, 8:10 pm

Freshly picked

What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 31 Tumblr_oajcgcgrM11ry549vo1_540
StrongAsMeat
StrongAsMeat

Male Posts : 82

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson 7/19/2016, 12:54 am

What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 31 3170584802

Find more about Weather in Fresno, CA
Click for weather forecast
sanderson
sanderson

Forum Administrator

Female Posts : 21554

https://connect.xfinity.com/appsuite/#!!&app=io.ox/mail&

Back to top Go down

Post  Judy McConnell 7/19/2016, 10:02 am

Garden really late because of May rains, etc.  Have just started to harvest many Sungold cherry tomatoes and a few (4-5) large ones.  Every tomato plant looks ready to produce many good sized fruit.

Bush and pole beans are flowering - hoping for beans soon.

Cabbage plants did very little - i.e. small heads but they look useable (freezable) for winter soups.  

So what are we eating from the garden - tomatoes and kale (doing really well).
Judy McConnell
Judy McConnell

Female Posts : 440

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorpio Rising 7/19/2016, 10:55 am

Nice, SAM and Judy!  

Ground cherries and a pepper to 2...maybe a cuke.
Scorpio Rising
Scorpio Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  yolos 7/19/2016, 9:33 pm

Silver Queen Corn on the Cob.  Yum, Yum
yolos
yolos

Female Posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  plantoid 7/20/2016, 5:35 pm

Lettuce , spring onions  parsley to go wth some BBQ'd Chinese style spiced belly pork cubes & some quality beef burgers that have loads of fresh onions in them 

The BBQ'd tomatoes I did for the salda stuff weren't out the garden but (  eat your heart out folks) some that  Alison purchased ................. 53 pounds of quality tomatoes for £ 10 ( $ 13 approx ) as we have a glut of them in the local polytunnels .

At present they  are residing in the chest freezer , for I just don't have time to can them etc .this week . Too busy struggling setting up Alison's Bonsai plant staging & putting in an automatic watering system so they survive when we go on holiday to Southern Ireland .
plantoid
plantoid

Male Posts : 4096

Back to top Go down

Post  CapeCoddess 7/21/2016, 12:53 pm

Big honkin' pot of steamed SFG veggies for dins last night:
Blue Lake bush beans, Detroit Red & Chioggia beets, Chantenay carrots, Yukon Gold potatoes, red onions, garlic and chard/beet stems. Sides were all SFG:  salad w/ garlic scapes, scallions, Black Cherry & Sungold tomatoes and dehydrated kale/beet/chard chips.
OMG!  cyclops  Wish my camera hadn't died so I could show you.

CC
CapeCoddess
CapeCoddess

Back to top Go down

Post  llama momma 7/21/2016, 1:27 pm

Lots of Italian frying peppers, bells are still too small, banana peppers are the most prolific and largest I have seen in a few years. Since I don't have enough ripened tomatoes, last night simply dressed up a jar of plain marinara sauce.  First olive oil sautéed these peppers and my garlic with some onion, later threw in dehydrated tomatoes from last year, basil and oregano.  Husband said it was the richest tasting and the best sauce.  Meant a lot as he's kind of picky to cook for.
llama momma
llama momma

Certified SFG Instructor

Back to top Go down

Post  landarch 7/21/2016, 1:32 pm

kiddos are eating lots of raw green beans right from the SFG and we are picking a few roma tomatoes and green peppers to add with onions (harvested earlier) to make fresh pico de gallo. 

cukes not doing great, however picking a few every other day to eat fresh. 

first eggplant about ready to be picked.

pickled about 7 quarts of cylindra beets a few days ago .

fridge is full of tendersweet carrots.
landarch
landarch

Back to top Go down

Post  AtlantaMarie 7/21/2016, 1:35 pm

Picked another gallon of blueberries this morning. (This is the 5th. And the bushes are still loaded!)

And was able to get some tomatoes. Found blossom end rot on some though... Yes, I got them fed. And we're expecting rain. so that will help.
AtlantaMarie
AtlantaMarie

Certified SFG Instructor

Female Posts : 5602

http://www.defensivespecialties.com

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson 7/22/2016, 12:34 am

All of you folks are eating some delicious fruits and veggies. What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 31 3170584802

Find more about Weather in Fresno, CA
Click for weather forecast
sanderson
sanderson

Forum Administrator

Female Posts : 21554

https://connect.xfinity.com/appsuite/#!!&app=io.ox/mail&

Back to top Go down

Post  BeetlesPerSqFt 7/24/2016, 6:43 pm

The week before I went on vacation I ate my cauliflower, and my shell peas, some lettuce and two endives.
What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 31 Cauli_11What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 31 Shellp10

This week I ate my second round of turnips - not woody, but some root maggots, and I only got 3 from 2 squares. I ate the turnip greens, too. I also ate my second zucchini (I had the garden-sitter take the first one), the first handful of bush beans, some curly parsley, the first ground cherry, and the first cherry tomato ...I should have waited, it was still a little under-ripe.
What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 31 Zucc_611What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 31 Grbean11
BeetlesPerSqFt
BeetlesPerSqFt

Female Posts : 1440

Back to top Go down

Post  CapeCoddess 7/24/2016, 7:01 pm

Beeauuutifu! How do you not get the Squash Vine borer on your zucchini plant???
CC
CapeCoddess
CapeCoddess

Back to top Go down

What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 31 Empty BLT

Post  Scorpio Rising 7/24/2016, 7:29 pm

First of the season, with a German Green mater, my first ever!

What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 31 Image52

Yum!  The German Green wasn't the quintessential red tomato taste, but it was delicious nonetheless !  Actually very tasty!
Scorpio Rising
Scorpio Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorpio Rising 7/24/2016, 9:11 pm

2 and a half hours later....after a week away....

What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 31 Image53

Grow a rainbow, and eat a rainbow!
Scorpio Rising
Scorpio Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  trolleydriver 7/24/2016, 9:16 pm

Well done SR ... nice haul.
trolleydriver

Forum Moderator

Male Posts : 5395

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorpio Rising 7/24/2016, 9:30 pm

Thanks, TD!
Scorpio Rising
Scorpio Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  BeetlesPerSqFt 7/25/2016, 8:28 am

CapeCoddess wrote:Beeauuutifu!  How do you not get the Squash Vine borer on your zucchini plant???
CC
I'm not sure they are a huge problem here. I grew squash for the first time last year.  I got them in my Alexandria zucc vine last year: saw the frass, frantically googled, and did surgery with a paring knife. Removed 3 grubs with a small stick. Plant recovered like nothing happened (well, besides the mildew.) I did not get SVB in my, albeit pitiful (again, mildew), Butternut and Delicata squash vines last year. Maybe they were too small to support grubs so the parent didn't bother.

This year I grew a Grey zucchini from seed (started inside, carefully transplanted and watered with aspirin at transplant.) Up until a week ago, most of the the zucchini plant was underneath giant cabbage leaves in an Earthbox. Now that it's not, I may foil wrap the lower stem. Especially since it looks like this was the week last year that the eggs were probably laid. The yellow summer squash on the right is now just a compact 'mess' of flowers and leaf stems and baby squash...I can hardly see the 'trunk', so I can't foil wrap that one. I've been visual inspecting what I can see almost every day to check for SVB eggs -- and crossing my fingers.
What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 31 Img_5619
BeetlesPerSqFt
BeetlesPerSqFt

Female Posts : 1440

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next