Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
Selling flowers for profit - to help SFs Toplef10Selling flowers for profit - to help SFs 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

Selling flowers for profit - to help SFs I22gcj10Selling flowers for profit - to help SFs 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
Selling flowers for profit - to help SFs Toplef10Selling flowers for profit - to help SFs 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

Selling flowers for profit - to help SFs I22gcj10Selling flowers for profit - to help SFs 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» N & C Midwest—May 2024
by OhioGardener Today at 2:25 pm

» Birds of the Garden
by Scorpio Rising Today at 2:05 pm

» Ohio Gardener's Greenhouse
by OhioGardener Yesterday at 3:36 pm

» Greetings from Southport NC
by sanderson Yesterday at 4:36 am

» In the news: Biosolids in Texas.
by sanderson Yesterday at 4:19 am

» Rhubarb Rhubarb
by Scorpio Rising 5/5/2024, 7:57 pm

» What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today
by Scorpio Rising 5/5/2024, 7:55 pm

» Complicated mixed up bunny poop!
by jemm 5/5/2024, 7:24 pm

» Mark's first SFG
by markqz 5/4/2024, 12:08 am

» question about the digital tools from the sfg site.
by OhioGardener 5/2/2024, 4:50 pm

» Assistance Needed: Sugar Snap Peas Yellowing and Wilting
by Scorpio Rising 5/1/2024, 8:24 pm

» OMG, GMO from an unexpected place.
by sanderson 5/1/2024, 1:57 am

» N & C Midwest: March and April 2024
by Scorpio Rising 4/29/2024, 1:30 pm

» Lovage, has anyone grown, or used
by OhioGardener 4/29/2024, 12:27 pm

» New to SFG in Arlington, Tx
by sanderson 4/26/2024, 3:13 pm

» Soil Blocks: Tutorial In Photos
by OhioGardener 4/25/2024, 5:20 pm

» Manure tea overwintered outside - is it safe to use?
by Mhpoole 4/24/2024, 7:08 pm

» Advice on my blend
by donnainzone5 4/24/2024, 12:13 pm

» Senseless Banter...
by OhioGardener 4/24/2024, 8:16 am

» What do I do with tomato plants?
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 4/23/2024, 1:36 am

» Kiwi's SFG Adventure
by sanderson 4/22/2024, 2:07 pm

» Sacrificial Tomatoes
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 4/22/2024, 10:36 am

» From the Admin - 4th EDITION of All New Square Foot Gardening is in Progress
by sanderson 4/21/2024, 5:02 pm

» Seedling Identification
by AuntieBeth 4/21/2024, 8:00 am

» Happy Birthday!!
by AtlantaMarie 4/21/2024, 6:56 am

» Three Sisters Thursday
by sanderson 4/20/2024, 5:25 pm

» Recommended store bought compost - Photos of composts
by sanderson 4/20/2024, 3:08 pm

» Compost not hot
by Guinevere 4/19/2024, 11:19 am

» Maybe a silly question but...
by sanderson 4/18/2024, 11:22 pm

» Hi from zone 10B--southern orange county, ca
by sanderson 4/18/2024, 12:25 am

Google

Search SFG Forum

Selling flowers for profit - to help SFs

5 posters

Go down

Selling flowers for profit - to help SFs Empty Selling flowers for profit - to help SFs

Post  Judy McConnell 4/24/2014, 11:17 am

Many of you have seedling veggies to sell - I didn't start anything yet.

BUT - I do have MANY extra purple coneflowers (self seeded) so put an ad on Craigs List.  Very often, one meets really neat people (other gardeners) but,yes, there can be some real creeps there as well. Evil or Very Mad 

A lady came this morning for her plants (even helped me dig them) and a 1/2 hour later, we're still talking gardening. Wink 

This is the life!!!!
Judy McConnell
Judy McConnell

Female Posts : 440

Back to top Go down

Selling flowers for profit - to help SFs Empty Re: Selling flowers for profit - to help SFs

Post  Kelejan 4/24/2014, 11:43 am

Even my dentist was talking to me about veggie gardening yesterday while he was examining my teeth. Very hard to talk when you mouth is wide open.  Very Happy  I managed a few grunts.
I find that mentioning I am into organic veggies etc opens up a connection with so many new people. It's wonderful to find a topic that is so easy to talk about. Way better than politics, religion, war, money etc.
Kelejan
Kelejan

Female Posts : 6016

http://www.castlegarinkspot.ca

Back to top Go down

Selling flowers for profit - to help SFs Empty Re: Selling flowers for profit - to help SFs

Post  Marc Iverson 4/24/2014, 3:53 pm

And it gives people a way to talk that doesn't involve those go-to subjects like politics and religion and money that tend to show them at their most robotic, most peevish, angry, silly, and dull. It's pretty easy to obsess about those things, but doing so tends to make one look for enemies or levy one's disapproval on others, unasked-for and unwarranted, and seek out ways to "spread the plague" of one's follies, so to speak.

Gardening has got to be one of the great social connectors because it cuts so easily across virtually any line -- race, religion, politics, income level, age, physical ability, looks, style, etc. -- and lets people enjoy each other's company. It creates simple, easy connections between people, and those are often the best. It virtually never does me any good or makes me any happier or wiser to know anyone's ideologies, but if you're willing to tell me something you know about onions, or even just venture an opinion or help me brainstorm about them, I'm all ears and will enjoy talking to you. And in return, I may be the best you're ever likely to think of me. We'll have every reason to get along, and something to talk about.
Marc Iverson
Marc Iverson

Male Posts : 3638

Back to top Go down

Post  RJARPCGP 4/24/2014, 4:04 pm

Judy McConnell wrote:Many of you have seedling veggies to sell - I didn't start anything yet.

BUT - I do have MANY extra purple coneflowers (self seeded) so put an ad on Craigs List.  Very often, one meets really neat people (other gardeners) but,yes, there can be some real creeps there as well. Evil or Very Mad 

A lady came this morning for her plants (even helped me dig them) and a 1/2 hour later, we're still talking gardening. Wink 

This is the life!!!!
Echinacea purpurea= They normally start blooming in July.
RJARPCGP
RJARPCGP

Male Posts : 352

Back to top Go down

Post  Judy McConnell 4/24/2014, 4:47 pm

Yes, RJARPCGP - that is correct - the species, not one of the newer fancy varieties
Judy McConnell
Judy McConnell

Female Posts : 440

Back to top Go down

Post  brainchasm 4/24/2014, 7:41 pm

When I first started my garden, my neighbor and his wife noticed...we talked organic heirloom gardening for a while, and of course I've shared my harvests with them.

They then assumed I was vegan, and gay. *sigh*

I had to make sure to start grilling more, and introducing them to the women in my life.

People are silly sometimes.

I think my sunflower plant can take me in a fair fight...it's taller than me, and it keeps giving me dirty looks. Shocked
brainchasm
brainchasm

Male Posts : 481

Back to top Go down

Post  Marc Iverson 4/24/2014, 9:12 pm

LOL, for some reason, in much of American gay became the niche assumption to make about anyone not exactly like his neighbors, as well as the favorite insult. It's really strange. Many people just can't process difference, so they make something up to fill the gap in their understanding. I guess that's why the idea of the unsettled frontier has always been so potent. Keep going far enough away and you can leave everyone's insults and opinions and scheming and gossip behind. You might starve, but at least you won't have to listen to idiots.
Marc Iverson
Marc Iverson

Back to top Go down

Post  brainchasm 4/24/2014, 9:39 pm

Oh, they never meant it in a negative way. They thought I was sweet, and precious. LOL

I think my sunflower plant can take me in a fair fight...it's taller than me, and it keeps giving me dirty looks. Shocked
brainchasm
brainchasm

Male Posts : 481

Back to top Go down

Post  Kelejan 4/24/2014, 10:27 pm

brainchasm wrote:Oh, they never meant it in a negative way.  They thought I was sweet, and precious. LOL

Selling flowers for profit - to help SFs 931411784  made me giggle a bit.
I have heard people refer to me as sweet and I am fraid I kind of curl up inside. I have my dark side, I like to think of myself as a tough cookie.
I like kittens and puppies and I save worms from drying up on the sidewalk and road  because after the rain they head in the wrong direction, so maybe I am a sweet old lady. lol
Kelejan
Kelejan

Female Posts : 6016

http://www.castlegarinkspot.ca

Back to top Go down

Post  Marc Iverson 4/25/2014, 4:06 am

What's wrong with that? Beats a sour one, and they're easy to find. The sweet ones are wonderful.
Marc Iverson
Marc Iverson

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down