Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
Apple computer and other suggestions please... Toplef10Apple computer and other suggestions please... 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

Apple computer and other suggestions please... I22gcj10Apple computer and other suggestions please... 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
Apple computer and other suggestions please... Toplef10Apple computer and other suggestions please... 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

Apple computer and other suggestions please... I22gcj10Apple computer and other suggestions please... 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Birds of the Garden
by OhioGardener Today at 8:26 pm

» N & C Midwest—May 2024
by OhioGardener Today at 2:25 pm

» Ohio Gardener's Greenhouse
by OhioGardener Yesterday at 3:36 pm

» Greetings from Southport NC
by sanderson Yesterday at 4:36 am

» In the news: Biosolids in Texas.
by sanderson Yesterday at 4:19 am

» Rhubarb Rhubarb
by Scorpio Rising Sun May 05, 2024 7:57 pm

» What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today
by Scorpio Rising Sun May 05, 2024 7:55 pm

» Complicated mixed up bunny poop!
by jemm Sun May 05, 2024 7:24 pm

» Mark's first SFG
by markqz Sat May 04, 2024 12:08 am

» question about the digital tools from the sfg site.
by OhioGardener Thu May 02, 2024 4:50 pm

» Assistance Needed: Sugar Snap Peas Yellowing and Wilting
by Scorpio Rising Wed May 01, 2024 8:24 pm

» OMG, GMO from an unexpected place.
by sanderson Wed May 01, 2024 1:57 am

» N & C Midwest: March and April 2024
by Scorpio Rising Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:30 pm

» Lovage, has anyone grown, or used
by OhioGardener Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:27 pm

» New to SFG in Arlington, Tx
by sanderson Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:13 pm

» Soil Blocks: Tutorial In Photos
by OhioGardener Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:20 pm

» Manure tea overwintered outside - is it safe to use?
by Mhpoole Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:08 pm

» Advice on my blend
by donnainzone5 Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:13 pm

» Senseless Banter...
by OhioGardener Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:16 am

» What do I do with tomato plants?
by SMEDLEY BUTLER Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:36 am

» Kiwi's SFG Adventure
by sanderson Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:07 pm

» Sacrificial Tomatoes
by SMEDLEY BUTLER Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:36 am

» From the Admin - 4th EDITION of All New Square Foot Gardening is in Progress
by sanderson Sun Apr 21, 2024 5:02 pm

» Seedling Identification
by AuntieBeth Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:00 am

» Happy Birthday!!
by AtlantaMarie Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:56 am

» Three Sisters Thursday
by sanderson Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:25 pm

» Recommended store bought compost - Photos of composts
by sanderson Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:08 pm

» Compost not hot
by Guinevere Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:19 am

» Maybe a silly question but...
by sanderson Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:22 pm

» Hi from zone 10B--southern orange county, ca
by sanderson Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:25 am

Google

Search SFG Forum

Apple computer and other suggestions please...

5 posters

Go down

Apple computer and other suggestions please... Empty Apple computer and other suggestions please...

Post  cismith54 Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:45 am

Hi,
I am a newbie that uses Apple products MacBook Pro, iPad and iPhone.  I have tried several ways of posting pictures with no luck.  Anybody had success posting from their Mac or iPad?

Last edited by camprn on Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:52 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : expanded title)
cismith54
cismith54

Female Posts : 28

Back to top Go down

Apple computer and other suggestions please... Empty One day's harvest this past June!

Post  martha Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:01 pm

Apple computer and other suggestions please... One_da10

Last edited by martha on Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
martha
martha

Female Posts : 2188

Back to top Go down

Apple computer and other suggestions please... Empty Re: Apple computer and other suggestions please...

Post  martha Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:02 pm

I posted above photo from by Macbook Pro, following these directions: 

https://squarefoot.forumotion.com/t129-how-to-post-a-picture-located-on-your-computer
martha
martha

Back to top Go down

Apple computer and other suggestions please... Empty Re: Apple computer and other suggestions please...

Post  cismith54 Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:27 pm

I had tried to that way per the instructions on how to post a picture but I couldn't get it to work.  So I now use the insert image and copy the image from Servimg.com.
cismith54
cismith54

Back to top Go down

Post  martha Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:43 pm

So....show me a photo!
martha
martha

Back to top Go down

Post  cismith54 Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:57 pm

Apple computer and other suggestions please... Image15

This is a picture that I took with my iPad, copied it to my desktop then to the Servimg.com.  I used the Insert Image icon and then pasted it from Servimg.com.  There are probably other ways that I will learn as I go forward with my learning curve.  I am also looking for feedback about this really being Mel's mix that I purchased at Lowe's.
cismith54
cismith54

Back to top Go down

Post  camprn Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:02 pm

Regarding the mix........... I really think if you focus on finding at least the 5 different composts, that will be the thing that will make your garden grow. The best way to go about making Mel's mix is to make it yourself, the prepackaged 'potting soil' product is notorious for not having enough compost in it from the get go.

Also, there are multiple back threads about this subject. You can find them using the search feature.

If I forgot to say so before,

glad you\'re here  to the SFG Forum!

43 years a gardener and going strong with SFG.
https://squarefoot.forumotion.com/t3574-the-end-of-july-7-weeks-until-frost

There are certain pursuits which, if not wholly poetic and true, do at least suggest a nobler and finer relation to nature than we know. The keeping of bees, for instance. ~ Henry David Thoreau

https://squarefoot.forumotion.com/t1306-other-gardening-books

Apple computer and other suggestions please... WxBanner?bannertype=wu_clean2day_cond&airportcode=KEEN&ForcedCity=Keene&ForcedState=NH&zipcode=03431&language=EN
camprn
camprn

Forum Moderator Certified SFG Teacher

Female Posts : 14169

https://squarefoot.forumotion.com/t3574-the-end-of-july-7-week

Back to top Go down

Post  cismith54 Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:06 pm

Darn I was hoping not to have to take the six bags back.  So can I make my mix now in preparation for next spring.  This probably sounds silly but I am trying to do as much as I can now to avoid the spring rush.  I guess I am needing to know if there is a so called shelf life on these products?
cismith54
cismith54

Back to top Go down

Post  camprn Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:23 pm

cismith54 wrote:Darn I was hoping not to have to take the six bags back.  So can I make my mix now in preparation for next spring.  This probably sounds silly but I am trying to do as much as I can now to avoid the spring rush.  I guess I am needing to know if there is a so called shelf life on these products?
You can certainly keep them, but you will have better results, in my guestimation, if you add a compost blend in any case. Keep hunting...

SFG is an easier way to go about gardening, but there is still research, learning, labor and some money involved. The labor heavy end of the whole process is the setting up.

... and get your homemade compost pile going ASAP. Wink

There are certain pursuits which, if not wholly poetic and true, do at least suggest a nobler and finer relation to nature than we know. The keeping of bees, for instance. ~ Henry David Thoreau

Apple computer and other suggestions please... WxBanner?bannertype=wu_clean2day_cond&airportcode=KEEN&ForcedCity=Keene&ForcedState=NH&zipcode=03431&language=EN
camprn
camprn

Back to top Go down

Post  cismith54 Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:29 pm

Oh I already do and that is another huge learning curve.  It has been going now for about 3 months.  But I think I have failed on this as I never added any topsoil to it initially.  I have been using table scraps (which it now sounds like is a no no) but not adding anything that is protein based.  Is it too late to add a bag of topsoil to it.  I am using a composter that I do turn 10 times every 3 days or so.  So any suggestions are welcome on this avenue as well.
cismith54
cismith54

Back to top Go down

Post  camprn Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:51 pm

Please read the threads composting 101 and are you a hottie. Basically, and vegetative matter, cooked, uncooked, table scraps (no meat), weeds, lawn trimmings, leaves, coffee grounds, these can all go in the compost heap. Do not add top soil..... remove 'topsoil' from your lexicon.... Wink 

camprn
camprn

Back to top Go down

Post  cismith54 Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:54 pm

Well it sounds like maybe I might be on the right track after all.  I will be doing some reading tonight.
cismith54
cismith54

Back to top Go down

Post  camprn Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:01 pm

cismith, I am sorry I am such a terrible typist and an even worse proofreader.

Pretty much anything that will rot can go into the compost pile except for diseased vegetation, meat and fat (these bring unwanted pests like skunks), metal, plastic, glossy newspaper ads, stuff like that. Occasionally you can sprinkle a shovelful of dirt over the top of the pile for odor control and this also introduces beneficial microbes to the pile.
If you have not yet looked at it, on the front page of this forum, in the upper left hand corner is a tab that says hover. Read the threads posted there. A lot of your questions will be answered, and most likely you will have new ones.Wink 

camprn
camprn

Back to top Go down

Post  martha Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:01 pm

And just so you know, I haven't figured out how to post multiple photos from my Mac. I could do it easily from my Dell.

So here I thought I was so cool, but nope, I'm study and idk and thinking .
martha
martha

Back to top Go down

Post  GWN Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:10 am

I also only have a mac, and have never had problems posting pictures
GWN
GWN

Back to top Go down

Post  camprn Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:13 am

martha wrote:And just so you know, I haven't figured out how to post multiple photos from my Mac. I could do it easily from my Dell.

After you post the photo code, hit the preview button, that should refresh the upload area for more photos.

camprn
camprn

Back to top Go down

Post  cismith54 Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:15 am

martha wrote:And just so you know, I haven't figured out how to post multiple photos from my Mac. I could do it easily from my Dell.

Well I was able to use the Insert Image for two pictures at a time.  But I still think I am on a learning curve to find the easiest way.  The instructions that are posted I could not get it to work.  Maybe it is because I was using iPhoto as my source originally.  I will get it figured out as I am always pro electronics.  Spouse works for one the semi-conductor giants.
cismith54
cismith54

Back to top Go down

Post  Windsor.Parker Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:29 pm

cismith54 wrote:Maybe it is because I was using iPhoto as my source originally.
You'll need to export pics from iphoto to some other location, i.e. desktop, or pictures folder.
Windsor.Parker
Windsor.Parker

Male Posts : 381
Location : Chicago, South Shore, c. 100yds to Lake Michigan, Zone 6a

Back to top Go down

Post  cismith54 Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:52 pm

Yes, that is how I finally got it to work but had to use Insert Image as opposed to Host an Image.  I copied them to my desktop and that seemed to work just fine.
cismith54
cismith54

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down