Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 32 Toplef10What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 32 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 32 I22gcj10What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 32 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 32 Toplef10What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 32 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 32 I22gcj10What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 32 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today
by sanderson Yesterday at 11:07 pm

» What are you eating from your garden today?
by OhioGardener Yesterday at 4:44 pm

» Spring Flowers
by sanderson Yesterday at 4:12 pm

» What do I do with tomato plants?
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 5/18/2024, 8:53 pm

» N & C Midwest—May 2024
by OhioGardener 5/18/2024, 7:14 pm

» Ohio Gardener's Greenhouse
by OhioGardener 5/18/2024, 7:02 pm

» Compost not hot
by OhioGardener 5/17/2024, 8:05 am

» First timer in Central Virginia (7b) - newly built beds 2024
by flossy21 5/16/2024, 5:34 pm

» Help me correct my mistakes for next year please
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 5/16/2024, 4:46 pm

» Cabbage worms
by sanderson 5/16/2024, 1:34 am

» Complicated mixed up bunny poop!
by plantoid 5/14/2024, 7:20 pm

» They don't call 'em garden BEDS for nothing.
by sanderson 5/12/2024, 2:34 am

» Birds of the Garden
by OhioGardener 5/7/2024, 8:26 pm

» Greetings from Southport NC
by sanderson 5/6/2024, 4:36 am

» In the news: Biosolids in Texas.
by sanderson 5/6/2024, 4:19 am

» Rhubarb Rhubarb
by Scorpio Rising 5/5/2024, 7:57 pm

» Mark's first SFG
by markqz 5/4/2024, 12:08 am

» question about the digital tools from the sfg site.
by OhioGardener 5/2/2024, 4:50 pm

» Assistance Needed: Sugar Snap Peas Yellowing and Wilting
by Scorpio Rising 5/1/2024, 8:24 pm

» OMG, GMO from an unexpected place.
by sanderson 5/1/2024, 1:57 am

» N & C Midwest: March and April 2024
by Scorpio Rising 4/29/2024, 1:30 pm

» Lovage, has anyone grown, or used
by OhioGardener 4/29/2024, 12:27 pm

» New to SFG in Arlington, Tx
by sanderson 4/26/2024, 3:13 pm

» Soil Blocks: Tutorial In Photos
by OhioGardener 4/25/2024, 5:20 pm

» Manure tea overwintered outside - is it safe to use?
by Mhpoole 4/24/2024, 7:08 pm

» Advice on my blend
by donnainzone5 4/24/2024, 12:13 pm

» Senseless Banter...
by OhioGardener 4/24/2024, 8:16 am

» Kiwi's SFG Adventure
by sanderson 4/22/2024, 2:07 pm

» Sacrificial Tomatoes
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 4/22/2024, 10:36 am

» From the Admin - 4th EDITION of All New Square Foot Gardening is in Progress
by sanderson 4/21/2024, 5:02 pm

Google

Search SFG Forum

What are you eating from your garden today?

+91
TCgardening
nycquilter
svanahgirl129
Gilly21
NEWBIE99
GardenGroupie
68carguy
VJ72584
Windmere
jrfrommd
dilewis
FeedMeSeeMore
davecourington
sfgbeginner
Cajunsmoke14
GloriaG
AtlantaMarie
tagyourit
bonnie0128
kauairosina
Gardendog
dstack
Roseinarosecity
Applegate
AvaDGardner
GWN
pattipan
Cherbear
cyclonegardener
jimmy cee
2SooCrew
Nonna.PapaVino
sfgteachers
Pollinator
cheyannarach
Windsor.Parker
TxGramma
Pox
sfg4uKim
unit649
meatburner
boffer
Kelejan
wcfujita
Robind
jmsieglaff
greatgranny
Thomas
grownsunshine
pryz123
darci.strutt
landarch
mrwes40
jewlz2121
johnp
R&R 1011
WriterCPA
NAR56
Marc Iverson
Triciasgarden
brainchasm
Amethyst42
SalsaMom
donnainzone5
Cheryl5
simpletwist
Josh
yolos
quiltbea
Turan
walshevak
sarah465
mschaef
herblover
lyndeeloo
camprn
bnoles
plantoid
southern gardener
llama momma
FamilyGardening
kbshark
Dunkinjean
audrey.jeanne.roberts
Nicola
Goosegirl
CapeCoddess
sanderson
RoOsTeR
mollyhespra
gwennifer
95 posters

Page 32 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 32 Empty Re: What are you eating from your garden today?

Post  FamilyGardening 7/30/2014, 10:33 pm

rattle snake beans, rattle snake beans and some kind of other green bean that I have no idea what they are....as I thought I planted saved seeds from last years yellow beans which we LOVE.....oh yes...did I mention Rattle snake beans....we are unable to keep up the picking.....I don't feel like canning them as we still have lots left over from the yellow beans last year that we canned 50 pints of.....We had NO idea the rattle snake beans would be so prolific and Yummy! .....we have been sharing with friends and family and of course the chickens love them too  Razz 

we also been enjoying zucchini, crookneck squash, cucumbers and a few tomatoes, and look forward to the corn as the tassels are turning brown  cheers 

happy gardening
rose
FamilyGardening
FamilyGardening

Female Posts : 2424

Back to top Go down

What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 32 Empty Re: What are you eating from your garden today?

Post  Marc Iverson 7/30/2014, 10:37 pm

Wow that's a lotta beans!
Marc Iverson
Marc Iverson

Male Posts : 3638

Back to top Go down

Post  yolos 7/30/2014, 11:34 pm

FamilyGardening wrote:rattle snake beans, rattle snake beans .....oh yes...did I mention Rattle snake beans....we are unable to keep up the picking...We had NO idea the rattle snake beans would be so prolific and Yummy! .....we have been sharing with friends and family and of course the chickens love them too  Razz 

happy gardening
rose
I agree with you on the rattlesnake beans.  I can't pick them fast enough or blanch and freeze them fast enough to keep up with their production.  My freezer is getting full.  And they are still producing.
yolos
yolos

Female Posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  llama momma 8/1/2014, 1:13 am

Nonna.PapaVino wrote:LlamaMama, Congratulations on (and thanks for the idea for) the homemade fruit libation.  It will be a beautiful gift from the heart when you serve it at Thanksgiving.  Wonder how it would taste drizzled over the whipped cream crowning a slice of dark chocolate torte?  BTW, in a recent Splendid Table interview of Mario Batali on making gelato, he says the Italian gelato is made from overripe fruit, meaning when they're almost to the point of attracting mold spores.  The fruit is soft and has concentrated flavors.  Wonder if that would work with homemade liqueurs?  Nonna
Well Nonna I was thinking of drinking raspberry cordial straight up but you are suggesting taking it up a notch drizzled over a chocolate torte-- that sounds heavenly!!  Thanks for the idea!   Your 2nd question re: gelato is interesting but I haven't a clue.  thinking
llama momma
llama momma

Certified SFG Instructor

Female Posts : 4921

Back to top Go down

Post  GardenGroupie 8/1/2014, 6:07 pm

Picked more arugula and the first few of my black cherry tomatoes. Salad days are here!
GardenGroupie
GardenGroupie

Back to top Go down

Post  TCgardening 8/2/2014, 5:14 pm

Still harvesting the Seminole Pumpkins & Everglades Tomatoes. Also picked the last Mango today, played Jimmy Buffets Last Mango in Paris to honor the event. My neighbors must wonder what goes on my side of the fence...
 Getting ready for the fall garden planting.
TCgardening
TCgardening

Male Posts : 223

Back to top Go down

Post  donnainzone5 8/3/2014, 1:49 pm

My dinner last night included Horn of Plenty and Black Beauty squash, a salad, and mashed potatoes--the first from my garden this year.
donnainzone5
donnainzone5

Certified SFG Instructor

Female Posts : 2662

http://www.amway.com/DonnaKBecker

Back to top Go down

Post  llama momma 8/3/2014, 2:31 pm

Had first serving of sauteed red Chinese 
noodle beans. Harvested size between 8 to 12 inches for more tender beans instead if 2 to 3 ft long /tougher bean.  First impression of taste-- its more hype than substance. Will try different recipes.  I agree with other sites that bugs leave the plants alone yet the plants draw lady bugs as a benefit.  Supposedly very nutritious.
llama momma
llama momma

Certified SFG Instructor

Back to top Go down

Post  yolos 8/3/2014, 4:31 pm

llama momma wrote:Had first serving of sauteed red Chinese 
noodle beans. Harvested size between 8 to 12 inches for more tender beans instead if 2 to 3 ft long /tougher bean.  First impression of taste-- its more hype than substance. Will try different recipes.  I agree with other sites that bugs leave the plants alone yet the plants draw lady bugs as a benefit.  Supposedly very nutritious.

I agree with your assessment on the taste of the Chinese noodle beans.  I grew the red and green last year and I thought they were not worth it and will not plant them again.
yolos
yolos

Back to top Go down

Post  yolos 8/3/2014, 6:41 pm

Pinkeye PurpleHull peas and Oven Fried Summer Squash and Zuchinni.
yolos
yolos

Back to top Go down

Post  camprn 8/3/2014, 7:05 pm

Beet root, beet greens, onions, garlic, thyme.

43 years a gardener and going strong with SFG.
https://squarefoot.forumotion.com/t3574-the-end-of-july-7-weeks-until-frost

There are certain pursuits which, if not wholly poetic and true, do at least suggest a nobler and finer relation to nature than we know. The keeping of bees, for instance. ~ Henry David Thoreau

https://squarefoot.forumotion.com/t1306-other-gardening-books

What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 32 WxBanner?bannertype=wu_clean2day_cond&airportcode=KEEN&ForcedCity=Keene&ForcedState=NH&zipcode=03431&language=EN
camprn
camprn

Forum Moderator Certified SFG Teacher

Female Posts : 14169

https://squarefoot.forumotion.com/t3574-the-end-of-july-7-week

Back to top Go down

Post  llama momma 8/3/2014, 8:36 pm

This evening had Yukon gold potatoes, marinated cucumber salad including garden dill and supersweet 100 tomatoes  to go along with steak.
llama momma
llama momma

Certified SFG Instructor

Back to top Go down

Post  Nicola 8/3/2014, 9:57 pm

About to cut up and add yesterday's picked cherry tomatoes, and today's banana peppers & kale to a jar of store-bought sauce, and pour it over whatever pasta I can find in the kitchen. (Another night of waiting too late to make supper  Rolling Eyes )
Nicola
Nicola

Female Posts : 220

Back to top Go down

Post  llama momma 8/4/2014, 5:38 pm

yolos wrote:
llama momma wrote:Had first serving of sauteed red Chinese 

I agree with your assessment on the taste of the Chinese noodle beans.  I grew the red and green last year and I thought they were not worth it and will not plant them again.

Yolos -  What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 32 3170584802 
But I am stuck with very vigorous vines lol.  I'll try to dress them up to make them more palatable.  For what its worth they do look pretty cool--these were just washed before trimmed & sautéed...
What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 32 Unname23
llama momma
llama momma

Certified SFG Instructor

Back to top Go down

What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 32 Empty Poor man's caprese salad

Post  Windmere 8/10/2014, 12:48 pm

What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 32 GetInline.aspx?messageid=1b956c9f-2027-11e4-923b-6c3be5a7fa8a&attindex=1&cp=-1&attdepth=1&imgsrc=cid%3ainlineImage1&cid=9d9c99679bce0155&hm__login=dmyubeta&hm__domain=hotmail.com&ip=10.148.160

Yesterday I saw "The Hundred Foot Journey."  Among other things it celebrates cooking with freshly picked ingredients.

When I got home, I was inspired to prepare this caprese salad for my wife while she took a nap.  The tomatoes and basil are from my garden.  The cheese is not buffalo mozzarella because I did not have any on hand.  The cheese is just regular block mozzarella.

I also warmed some crusty bread, roasted some garlic, whipped some butter.  Also in the spread were two glasses of red wine.

I would post a shot of the whole spread, but photo posting is difficult at the moment.

Last edited by Windmere on 8/10/2014, 12:53 pm; edited 2 times in total
Windmere
Windmere

Male Posts : 1425

Back to top Go down

Post  camprn 8/10/2014, 12:50 pm

Ooooh! Lovely salad and nice photo. Wink 

There are certain pursuits which, if not wholly poetic and true, do at least suggest a nobler and finer relation to nature than we know. The keeping of bees, for instance. ~ Henry David Thoreau

What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 32 WxBanner?bannertype=wu_clean2day_cond&airportcode=KEEN&ForcedCity=Keene&ForcedState=NH&zipcode=03431&language=EN
camprn
camprn

Back to top Go down

Post  Windmere 8/10/2014, 12:56 pm

camprn wrote:Ooooh! Lovely salad and nice photo. Wink 
Oh dear camprn... I added text to explain the picture... and the photo disappeared.  Sigh.  I give up.
Windmere
Windmere

Back to top Go down

Post  camprn 8/10/2014, 12:59 pm

Windmere wrote:
camprn wrote:Ooooh! Lovely salad and nice photo. Wink 
Oh dear camprn... I added text to explain the picture... and the photo disappeared.  Sigh.  I give up.
lol don't give up. You posted it once you can do it again. Do not add text to the code. Add text before or after the code. Try again. Wink 

camprn
camprn

Back to top Go down

What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 32 Empty Edamames!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post  southern gardener 8/10/2014, 3:38 pm

Wow, these were planted mid-June?? Had awful luck last year, now this!!! Smile  He wouldn't stop eating them!!
If you want something easy, tasty, fast growing...do edamames!!
What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 32 Cureda10
southern gardener
southern gardener

Back to top Go down

Post  greatgranny 8/10/2014, 5:43 pm

southern gardener wrote:Wow, these were planted mid-June?? Had awful luck last year, now this!!! Smile  He wouldn't stop eating them!!
If you want something easy, tasty, fast growing...do edamames!!
What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 32 Cureda10

How are these prepared? Sounds interesting. I live in an area that grows soybeans by the acres and acres but they are not harvested until they are dry.
greatgranny
greatgranny

Female Posts : 661

Back to top Go down

Post  CapeCoddess 8/10/2014, 5:48 pm

I can't see the salad.  Sad   I love salads.

SG, what a fantastic harvest, is he eating them raw? I didn't know you could do that.

Dinner tonite is steamed just harvested taters, beans, onions, beets, carrots & summer squash with store bought Brussels sprouts & peas.
What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 32 Img_2048
Side salad of sliced tomatoes, cukes & onions in hm kefir vinegar.

CC
CapeCoddess
CapeCoddess

Back to top Go down

What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 32 Empty Caprese

Post  Windmere 8/10/2014, 7:14 pm

What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 32 GetInline.aspx?messageid=1b956c9f-2027-11e4-923b-6c3be5a7fa8a&attindex=1&cp=-1&attdepth=1&imgsrc=cid%3ainlineImage1&cid=9d9c99679bce0155&hm__login=dmyubeta&hm__domain=hotmail.com&ip=10.148.160
Windmere
Windmere

Back to top Go down

Post  Windmere 8/10/2014, 7:20 pm

Windmere wrote:What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 32 GetInline.aspx?messageid=1b956c9f-2027-11e4-923b-6c3be5a7fa8a&attindex=1&cp=-1&attdepth=1&imgsrc=cid%3ainlineImage1&cid=9d9c99679bce0155&hm__login=dmyubeta&hm__domain=hotmail.com&ip=10.148.160
Hey guys.  This is the photo I posted earlier and then it disappeared when I went to edit to add text to tell you all what it is and why I made it (all my tomatoes and basil... but mozzarella is just regular from a block of cheese).  Anyway... I still have the problem with the no photo selected.  All my photos are quite large though due to the resolution of my camera.

What I did here was take a photo that I received in e-mail form (to myself).  Then I acted like I was going to forward it...  in the "pretend forward" e-mail I cut and pasted the image to my post.

I know that is a very round about way to do things... but I really do not have enough knowledge to be able to do it differently.  I never receive that center code from hosting because I never get that far.

OH DEAR... THAT DIDN'T WORK... IT'S GONE AGAIN FROM BOTH OF MY PREVIOUS POSTS!
Windmere
Windmere

Back to top Go down

Post  yolos 8/10/2014, 7:37 pm

Windmere wrote:
Thanks for the laughs Windmere.   rofl
yolos
yolos

Back to top Go down

Post  Windmere 8/10/2014, 7:49 pm

yolos wrote:
Windmere wrote:
Thanks for the laughs Windmere.   rofl
Honest... they really were there for a moment...   Embarassed
Windmere
Windmere

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next