Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
Hello from Willow Grove, NB, Canada Toplef10Hello from Willow Grove, NB, Canada 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

Hello from Willow Grove, NB, Canada I22gcj10Hello from Willow Grove, NB, Canada 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
Hello from Willow Grove, NB, Canada Toplef10Hello from Willow Grove, NB, Canada 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

Hello from Willow Grove, NB, Canada I22gcj10Hello from Willow Grove, NB, Canada 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Ohio Gardener's Greenhouse
by OhioGardener Yesterday at 3:36 pm

» N & C Midwest—May 2024
by OhioGardener Yesterday at 3:16 pm

» Greetings from Southport NC
by sanderson Yesterday at 4:36 am

» In the news: Biosolids in Texas.
by sanderson Yesterday at 4:19 am

» Rhubarb Rhubarb
by Scorpio Rising 5/5/2024, 7:57 pm

» What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today
by Scorpio Rising 5/5/2024, 7:55 pm

» Complicated mixed up bunny poop!
by jemm 5/5/2024, 7:24 pm

» Mark's first SFG
by markqz 5/4/2024, 12:08 am

» question about the digital tools from the sfg site.
by OhioGardener 5/2/2024, 4:50 pm

» Assistance Needed: Sugar Snap Peas Yellowing and Wilting
by Scorpio Rising 5/1/2024, 8:24 pm

» OMG, GMO from an unexpected place.
by sanderson 5/1/2024, 1:57 am

» N & C Midwest: March and April 2024
by Scorpio Rising 4/29/2024, 1:30 pm

» Lovage, has anyone grown, or used
by OhioGardener 4/29/2024, 12:27 pm

» New to SFG in Arlington, Tx
by sanderson 4/26/2024, 3:13 pm

» Soil Blocks: Tutorial In Photos
by OhioGardener 4/25/2024, 5:20 pm

» Manure tea overwintered outside - is it safe to use?
by Mhpoole 4/24/2024, 7:08 pm

» Advice on my blend
by donnainzone5 4/24/2024, 12:13 pm

» Senseless Banter...
by OhioGardener 4/24/2024, 8:16 am

» What do I do with tomato plants?
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 4/23/2024, 1:36 am

» Kiwi's SFG Adventure
by sanderson 4/22/2024, 2:07 pm

» Sacrificial Tomatoes
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 4/22/2024, 10:36 am

» From the Admin - 4th EDITION of All New Square Foot Gardening is in Progress
by sanderson 4/21/2024, 5:02 pm

» Seedling Identification
by AuntieBeth 4/21/2024, 8:00 am

» Happy Birthday!!
by AtlantaMarie 4/21/2024, 6:56 am

» Three Sisters Thursday
by sanderson 4/20/2024, 5:25 pm

» Recommended store bought compost - Photos of composts
by sanderson 4/20/2024, 3:08 pm

» Compost not hot
by Guinevere 4/19/2024, 11:19 am

» Maybe a silly question but...
by sanderson 4/18/2024, 11:22 pm

» Hi from zone 10B--southern orange county, ca
by sanderson 4/18/2024, 12:25 am

» Asparagus
by OhioGardener 4/17/2024, 6:17 pm

Google

Search SFG Forum

Hello from Willow Grove, NB, Canada

+3
GWN
Goosegirl
dawn72
7 posters

Go down

Hello from Willow Grove, NB, Canada Empty Hello from Willow Grove, NB, Canada

Post  dawn72 6/9/2013, 8:18 am

Hi everyone. I had never heard of square foot gardening before. I think it's a great idea! We had a pretty small garden last year and had some containers on the deck also.
This year we decided to go big, we brought in a bunch of topsoil and took over the kids trampoline area Smile The space is about 25' x 30'. I was trying to make rows to plant everything and I gave up. I got a few rows done and stood back to look. They looked terrible, they were so crooked and uneven, lol. I came in the house and said to my husband, ok I give up, I cannot make rows Sad He said, why do you have to make rows, lets see if we can find another option. So, that is how we came across square foot gardening, thank goodness for google. I already am seeing lots of green out in my garden, this will be the best crop yet. I have 7 4'x4' squares and then 4 larger squares of just potatoes, radishes and watermelons along the edges. I also have 2 huge containers of cucumbers on the deck.
I just got the book a few days ago and I'm learning a ton of stuff. I will be even more prepared for next year:)
dawn72
dawn72

Back to top Go down

Hello from Willow Grove, NB, Canada Empty Re: Hello from Willow Grove, NB, Canada

Post  Goosegirl 6/9/2013, 8:29 am

WELCOME Dawn72! Sounds like you are off to a GREAT start! You will love how your boxes keep things neat and tidy. Caring for them and harvesting is SO much easier than the old rows. Post pictures of your boxes when you can. We LOVE pictures!

GG in SD

PS - we are at approx. the same latitude, I would be interested to know what your growing season is like since you are more coastal and I am landlocked! First & last frost dates, high & low temps, and such.
Goosegirl
Goosegirl

Female Posts : 3435

Back to top Go down

Hello from Willow Grove, NB, Canada Empty Re: Hello from Willow Grove, NB, Canada

Post  Goosegirl 6/9/2013, 8:37 am

WELCOME Dawn72! Sounds like you are off to a GREAT start! You will love how your boxes keep things neat and tidy. Caring for them and harvesting is SO much easier than the old rows. Post pictures of your boxes when you can. We LOVE pictures!

GG in SD

PS - we are at approx. the same latitude, I would be interested to know what your growing season is like since you are more coastal and I am landlocked! First & last frost dates, high & low temps, and such.
Goosegirl
Goosegirl

Female Posts : 3435

Back to top Go down

Post  GWN 6/9/2013, 11:17 am

glad you\'re here FROM the left side of Canada. i am sure we are in totally different zones. However summer is clearly on the way. My zone is 5A, however I lived on the ocean for years in zone 9 and could not grow much at all, because even though it never got cold, it never got warm either.
Hope to see pictures of you ex trampoline spot. We got rid of ours when our son broke his wrist.... rock on

Janet
GWN
GWN

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson 6/9/2013, 1:22 pm

Welcome, Dawn. I'm also new this year. A lot of good info from good folks on this forum.
sanderson
sanderson

Forum Administrator

Female Posts : 21554

https://connect.xfinity.com/appsuite/#!!&app=io.ox/mail&

Back to top Go down

Post  sfg4uKim 6/9/2013, 7:17 pm

Welcome!

I have seen women looking at jewelry ads with a misty eye and one hand resting on the heart, and I only know what they're feeling because that's how I read the seed catalogs in January - Barbara Kingsolver - Animal, Vegetable, Miracle

sfg4u.com
FB: Square Foot Gardening 4 U

Hello from Willow Grove, NB, Canada WxBanner?bannertype=wu_blueglass&airportcode=KBWI&ForcedCity=Glen%20Burnie&ForcedState=MD&zipcode=21060&language=EN
sfg4uKim
sfg4uKim

Certified SFG Instructor

Female Posts : 2054

http://sfg4u.com

Back to top Go down

Post  cheyannarach 6/10/2013, 1:55 am

Welcome to the forum!! Glad you found us and SFG!! It is sooo fun and exciting! If you ever have any questions feel free to ask!
cheyannarach
cheyannarach

Female Posts : 2037

Back to top Go down

Post  mschaef 6/10/2013, 1:02 pm

glad you\'re here I'm glad you found us too. I have never had or made a row garden before but from seeing others making them in the community garden it looks labor intensive. Sounds like you are off to a wonderful start to a great new hobby!!
mschaef
mschaef

Female Posts : 598

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down