Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
Concentrates, Inc. Where to go for composts Toplef10Concentrates, Inc. Where to go for composts 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

Concentrates, Inc. Where to go for composts I22gcj10Concentrates, Inc. Where to go for composts 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
Concentrates, Inc. Where to go for composts Toplef10Concentrates, Inc. Where to go for composts 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

Concentrates, Inc. Where to go for composts I22gcj10Concentrates, Inc. Where to go for composts 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Lovage, has anyone grown, or used
by OhioGardener Yesterday at 4:45 pm

» N & C Midwest: March and April 2024
by OhioGardener Yesterday at 10:19 am

» New to SFG in Arlington, Tx
by sanderson 4/26/2024, 3:13 pm

» Soil Blocks: Tutorial In Photos
by OhioGardener 4/25/2024, 5:20 pm

» Manure tea overwintered outside - is it safe to use?
by Mhpoole 4/24/2024, 7:08 pm

» Advice on my blend
by donnainzone5 4/24/2024, 12:13 pm

» Senseless Banter...
by OhioGardener 4/24/2024, 8:16 am

» Rhubarb Rhubarb
by sanderson 4/23/2024, 8:52 pm

» What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today
by OhioGardener 4/23/2024, 1:53 pm

» What do I do with tomato plants?
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 4/23/2024, 1:36 am

» Kiwi's SFG Adventure
by sanderson 4/22/2024, 2:07 pm

» Sacrificial Tomatoes
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 4/22/2024, 10:36 am

» From the Admin - 4th EDITION of All New Square Foot Gardening is in Progress
by sanderson 4/21/2024, 5:02 pm

» Seedling Identification
by AuntieBeth 4/21/2024, 8:00 am

» Happy Birthday!!
by AtlantaMarie 4/21/2024, 6:56 am

» Three Sisters Thursday
by sanderson 4/20/2024, 5:25 pm

» Recommended store bought compost - Photos of composts
by sanderson 4/20/2024, 3:08 pm

» Compost not hot
by Guinevere 4/19/2024, 11:19 am

» Maybe a silly question but...
by sanderson 4/18/2024, 11:22 pm

» Hi from zone 10B--southern orange county, ca
by sanderson 4/18/2024, 12:25 am

» Asparagus
by OhioGardener 4/17/2024, 6:17 pm

» problems with SFG forum site
by OhioGardener 4/16/2024, 8:04 am

» Strawberries per square foot.
by sanderson 4/16/2024, 4:22 am

» What are you eating from your garden today?
by sanderson 4/16/2024, 4:15 am

» April is Kids Gardening Month!
by sanderson 4/15/2024, 2:37 pm

» Creating A Potager Garden
by sanderson 4/15/2024, 2:33 pm

» Butter Beans????
by OhioGardener 4/13/2024, 5:50 pm

» Companion planting
by sanderson 4/13/2024, 4:24 pm

» First timer in Central Virginia (7b) - newly built beds 2024
by sanderson 4/13/2024, 4:16 pm

» California's Drought
by sanderson 4/10/2024, 1:43 pm

Google

Search SFG Forum

Concentrates, Inc. Where to go for composts

+3
gwennifer
donnainzone5
Nonna.PapaVino
7 posters

Go down

Concentrates, Inc. Where to go for composts Empty Concentrates, Inc. Where to go for composts

Post  Nonna.PapaVino 5/30/2013, 12:28 am

Just visiting Concentrates in Milwaukie, OR, made me feel like it was Christmas in May. Not five, but around 8 different composts are available! Also on hand: vermiculite (both coarse and medium), and too many choices of bag-your-own fertilizer meal to choose without research. For instance, bulk regular bone meal and fish bone meal $1.00 a lb.; blood meal: $1.60/lb.. A 1 cubic foot of worm castings for $11.40. Medium vermiculite 3.5 cf: $28. The only exotic compost I bought was Oly Mountain Fish Compost, 1 cf for $5.25. AND, if this isn't enough, right in front was a large display of Seed Savers Exchange seed packets. Not the easiest business to find, but if you ever go to Bob's Red Mill, you are just a long block from Concentrates (address 5505 S.E. International Way, Milwaukie).

I confess to cheating to get PapaVino to drive out there after a doctor's appointment. Just offered to get him chocolate chip oatmeal cookies from Bob's Red Mill AFTER visiting Concentrates. Nonna
Nonna.PapaVino

Female Posts : 1437

Back to top Go down

Concentrates, Inc. Where to go for composts Empty Re: Concentrates, Inc. Where to go for composts

Post  donnainzone5 5/30/2013, 10:35 am

Oooh! A reason to schedule my trip to Portland sooner than later!

Did they have oak leaf mold?
donnainzone5
donnainzone5

Certified SFG Instructor

Female Posts : 2662

http://www.amway.com/DonnaKBecker

Back to top Go down

Concentrates, Inc. Where to go for composts Empty Re: Concentrates, Inc. Where to go for composts

Post  gwennifer 5/30/2013, 11:11 am

Concentrates Inc. is where I have to go to buy coarse grade vermiculite. I discovered it from the vermiculite database a couple of years ago and bought it at their old location. Last year when I made more MM, I had to go to their new location. It is in a kind of odd place, an industrial area. They are a wonderful little company with a treasure trove of gardening/farming stuff for sure. But donna, I don't see oak leaf mold on their product list. They have lots of chicken keeping stuff too, and you can buy row cover by the foot I believe.

BTW, just goes to show how little I pay attention to where I am when I count on my GPS to get me around. I had no idea I was that close to Concentrates when I went to Bob's Red Mill earlier. silly me Oh well, I was carpooling and wouldn't have been able to stop in anyway. Next time!
gwennifer
gwennifer

Certified SFG Instructor

Female Posts : 1414

http://www.bluekeypm.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Nonna.PapaVino 5/30/2013, 12:14 pm

And right across the street from Bob's is Dave's Killer Bread. I like to get some of the "seedy" whole wheat and break it down into two-day servings to freeze. Anyway, we usually make it a full-meal deal: Bobs, then Dave's, then Concentrates. Some for us, some for the garden. Nonna
Nonna.PapaVino

Female Posts : 1437

Back to top Go down

Post  Triciasgarden 5/30/2013, 3:07 pm

What a wonderful trip you had! Makes me want to make a long distance trip!
Triciasgarden
Triciasgarden

Female Posts : 1634

Back to top Go down

Post  Geek Gardener 5/30/2013, 4:01 pm

They have a great selection and good prices. Does anyone know of a similar place in the Seattle area?

Geek Gardener
Geek Gardener

Back to top Go down

Post  boffer 5/30/2013, 11:07 pm

Geek Gardener wrote:...Does anyone know of a similar place in the Seattle area?
I shop at McLendons in Puyallup. They have most everything Nonna mentioned in bags, not bulk.

I've been to Mclendons in Woodinville; it's a smaller store, and I didn't check out the garden section, so I'm not familiar with their inventory.

I buy my vermiculite at McConkeys in Sumner; it's cheaper than McLendons.

If you need some 5 way compost in a hurry, I have some to spare. Shoot me a PM.
boffer
boffer

Male Posts : 7392

http://boffer.us/

Back to top Go down

Post  Triciasgarden 6/1/2013, 6:27 pm

I'll take it. Oh wait, you mean for someone who lives close by!
Triciasgarden
Triciasgarden

Female Posts : 1634

Back to top Go down

Post  boffer 6/1/2013, 7:40 pm

Triciasgarden wrote:I'll take it. Oh wait, you mean for someone who lives close by!

Well...the price is right, but it doesn't quite cover the transportation costs to Utah!
boffer
boffer

Back to top Go down

Post  Geek Gardener 6/2/2013, 2:52 am

Boffer, thank you for the generous offer of the compost. I'm in decent shape at the moment.

It took awhile, but I was able to assemble what I hope is a balanced blend after going to many stores. It would sure be nice to have a one-stop place in the area, but next year should be easier since I'll be starting to make make my own over the summer.

I've been to McLendon's. The selection and prices seem good, just not wow like Concentrates.
Geek Gardener
Geek Gardener

Back to top Go down

Post  boffer 6/2/2013, 3:05 am

You worked fast! Concentrates, Inc. Where to go for composts 3170584802

Think of the costs this way: if you amortize them over a lifetime, the cost per year is pretty small. By making your own compost, it costs next to nothing to maintain your existing boxes year-to-year.

Of course, some of us don't know when to stop making more boxes, but that's a story for another day!
boffer
boffer

Back to top Go down

Post  walshevak 6/3/2013, 11:23 am

Boffer, I think I resemble that remark. Although I moved to buckets to free up bed space.

A WEED IS A FLOWER GROWING IN THE WRONG PLACE
Elizabeth City, NC
Find more about Weather in Elizabeth City, NC
Click for weather forecast
walshevak

Certified SFG Instructor

Female Posts : 4374

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum