Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
Helloooooo Square Foot Gardeners!!! Toplef10Helloooooo Square Foot Gardeners!!! 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

Helloooooo Square Foot Gardeners!!! I22gcj10Helloooooo Square Foot Gardeners!!! 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
Helloooooo Square Foot Gardeners!!! Toplef10Helloooooo Square Foot Gardeners!!! 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

Helloooooo Square Foot Gardeners!!! I22gcj10Helloooooo Square Foot Gardeners!!! 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today
by Guinevere Today at 7:13 pm

» Compost not hot
by Guinevere Today at 7:08 pm

» Cabbage worms
by Guinevere Today at 7:07 pm

» What do I do with tomato plants?
by Guinevere Today at 3:42 pm

» They don't call 'em garden BEDS for nothing.
by sanderson Today at 2:34 am

» N & C Midwest—May 2024
by JAM23 Yesterday at 5:24 pm

» Ohio Gardener's Greenhouse
by sanderson 5/10/2024, 2:06 pm

» Spring Flowers
by OhioGardener 5/9/2024, 12:02 pm

» Birds of the Garden
by OhioGardener 5/7/2024, 8:26 pm

» Greetings from Southport NC
by sanderson 5/6/2024, 4:36 am

» In the news: Biosolids in Texas.
by sanderson 5/6/2024, 4:19 am

» Rhubarb Rhubarb
by Scorpio Rising 5/5/2024, 7:57 pm

» Complicated mixed up bunny poop!
by jemm 5/5/2024, 7:24 pm

» Mark's first SFG
by markqz 5/4/2024, 12:08 am

» question about the digital tools from the sfg site.
by OhioGardener 5/2/2024, 4:50 pm

» Assistance Needed: Sugar Snap Peas Yellowing and Wilting
by Scorpio Rising 5/1/2024, 8:24 pm

» OMG, GMO from an unexpected place.
by sanderson 5/1/2024, 1:57 am

» N & C Midwest: March and April 2024
by Scorpio Rising 4/29/2024, 1:30 pm

» Lovage, has anyone grown, or used
by OhioGardener 4/29/2024, 12:27 pm

» New to SFG in Arlington, Tx
by sanderson 4/26/2024, 3:13 pm

» Soil Blocks: Tutorial In Photos
by OhioGardener 4/25/2024, 5:20 pm

» Manure tea overwintered outside - is it safe to use?
by Mhpoole 4/24/2024, 7:08 pm

» Advice on my blend
by donnainzone5 4/24/2024, 12:13 pm

» Senseless Banter...
by OhioGardener 4/24/2024, 8:16 am

» Kiwi's SFG Adventure
by sanderson 4/22/2024, 2:07 pm

» Sacrificial Tomatoes
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 4/22/2024, 10:36 am

» From the Admin - 4th EDITION of All New Square Foot Gardening is in Progress
by sanderson 4/21/2024, 5:02 pm

» Happy Birthday!!
by AtlantaMarie 4/21/2024, 6:56 am

» Three Sisters Thursday
by sanderson 4/20/2024, 5:25 pm

» Recommended store bought compost - Photos of composts
by sanderson 4/20/2024, 3:08 pm

Google

Search SFG Forum

Helloooooo Square Foot Gardeners!!!

+4
ETNRedClay
mschaef
gwennifer
WriterCPA
8 posters

Go down

Helloooooo Square Foot Gardeners!!! Empty Helloooooo Square Foot Gardeners!!!

Post  WriterCPA 5/29/2013, 6:45 pm

After a month of lurking around the site, I feel comfortable enough to introduce myself to this wonderful community.

I've loved to garden all my life. I do it with more or less success from year to year, but I guess that is part of the fun. I've killed many house plants through neglect, had excess harvests of tomatoes and hot peppers, and fought off a variety of 2, 4, 6, and many more legged pests that have attacked my gardens over the years.

I'm 55, live north of Baltimore in Zone 7 (but an hour south of the PA line, so sometimes it's really more like Zone 6.) I tore out half my lawn some years ago and replaced it with bulbs, perennials, sunflowers, and bush roses. Seeing the changing colors all spring and summer lifts my day. I throw in seeds for wildflower annuals to fill in spaces after the bulbs bloom.

I posted my most ambitious SFG plans in the layout section this afternoon and look forward to being told that I have lost my mind. And I have a question out there about AWOL carrots. (To wait or replant, that is the question.)

I'm not a master gardener by any measure, but I look forward to joining the conversations on these forums and offering help, encouragement and commiseration as needed. Very Happy

WriterCPA
WriterCPA

Female Posts : 138

Back to top Go down

Helloooooo Square Foot Gardeners!!! Empty Re: Helloooooo Square Foot Gardeners!!!

Post  gwennifer 5/29/2013, 6:55 pm

Well hello WriterCPA and glad you\'re here to the forum!

I can just picture your expanded beds full of all those changing colors - how lovely. I'm glad you tore out lawn space for that.

I did see your ambitious plans and it was information overload for me! What a Face Looked wonderful, but I'm not experienced enough to comment. Laughing I'm glad you felt comfortable enough to join in after your month of lurking. Hope to see pictures of those wonderful gardens soon!
gwennifer
gwennifer

Certified SFG Instructor

Female Posts : 1414

http://www.bluekeypm.com

Back to top Go down

Helloooooo Square Foot Gardeners!!! Empty Re: Helloooooo Square Foot Gardeners!!!

Post  mschaef 5/29/2013, 6:59 pm

glad you\'re here for starters. As for you carrot question why not add a few more seeds...you can never have enough carrots at least at my house. My son, 6, could and sometimes does, eat a 5 lbs bag each week all by himself. And is only some seeds. Good luck to you and please post pictures if possible.
mschaef
mschaef

Female Posts : 598

Back to top Go down

Post  ETNRedClay 5/29/2013, 7:17 pm

Marie,

Not many of us here are "masters" at this, but I think we all have a passion for what we're doing and a willingness to learn and to help others (I know I've been helped!). This is a great place.
ETNRedClay
ETNRedClay

Female Posts : 210

Back to top Go down

Post  sfg4uKim 5/29/2013, 7:27 pm

Hi Maria and glad you\'re here to the Forum. I'm your "neighbor" in Glen Burnie.

Since you've been lurking, you probably know that there's also a Mid-Atlantic Regional Forum on the home page.

If you need anything, just PM me.

Kim

I have seen women looking at jewelry ads with a misty eye and one hand resting on the heart, and I only know what they're feeling because that's how I read the seed catalogs in January - Barbara Kingsolver - Animal, Vegetable, Miracle

sfg4u.com
FB: Square Foot Gardening 4 U

Helloooooo Square Foot Gardeners!!! WxBanner?bannertype=wu_blueglass&airportcode=KBWI&ForcedCity=Glen%20Burnie&ForcedState=MD&zipcode=21060&language=EN
sfg4uKim
sfg4uKim

Certified SFG Instructor

Female Posts : 2054

http://sfg4u.com

Back to top Go down

Post  gregrenee88 5/30/2013, 1:46 pm

Greetings from Western Maryland!
This is our second year of SFG and really enjoy it! Besides, who likes pulling weeds anyways in row gardening...not me!! Looking forward to seeing your garden on here when you have the chance.
Renee flower
gregrenee88
gregrenee88

Female Posts : 280

Back to top Go down

Helloooooo Square Foot Gardeners!!! Empty Pictures coming....

Post  WriterCPA 5/30/2013, 3:56 pm

As soon as the website allows new uploads to the gallery, I will add some pictures.

If anyone knows another way to post pics, please point me in that direction.

Thanks

Maria
WriterCPA
WriterCPA

Female Posts : 138

Back to top Go down

Post  mschaef 5/30/2013, 5:16 pm

Maria there a way to post photos without uploading them to the gallery but you have to be a member on the site for I think 2 weeks first. When you click the tab to post a reply you see a box that you write in and lots of little icons above it. The 15th icon from the left says host an image click it. Make sure file is click and than click browse and find you picture. Click the open to close that window and the line next to file with have stuff written. Go to bottom and click host it. Might take a few minutes but once complete you will get a new window. Chose the 2nd option which says image and go to the right click copy. Next re click the host an image icon to get back to the post a reply page. Just paste the information you just copied and you picture will show up when you hit preview.

Hope this wasn't confusing but I couldn't find the topic that had it written out with pictures of screen shot for you. Maybe someone else will be along with that information for you.
mschaef
mschaef

Female Posts : 598

Back to top Go down

Helloooooo Square Foot Gardeners!!! Empty Hello Square Foot Gardeners!

Post  melzlsnorth 5/30/2013, 6:28 pm

Heard about SFG on Wisconsin Public Radio last month and thought it was the perfect solution to my decreasing enthusiasm for our big traditional row garden as the summer progresses.

We are putting in some boxes this year - had to work to convince my husband that six inches deep was sufficient. We will see how it goes.

I got Mel's book, and ended up passing it along to my in laws before we even got the boxes in, so I am on my second copy already! Spread the word, right?

Wish me luck!
melzlsnorth
melzlsnorth

Female Posts : 1

Back to top Go down

Post  quiltbea 5/30/2013, 7:10 pm

Welcome to all the newbies. We were all newbies at one time or another. I'm into my 4th year and I'm loving it. Less watering, less weeding, easier insect control.....what's not to like about SFG. Good luck and enjoy it.
quiltbea
quiltbea

Female Posts : 4712

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down