Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
Polish Golumpki (Stuffed Cabbage) Recipe Toplef10Polish Golumpki (Stuffed Cabbage) Recipe 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

Polish Golumpki (Stuffed Cabbage) Recipe I22gcj10Polish Golumpki (Stuffed Cabbage) Recipe 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
Polish Golumpki (Stuffed Cabbage) Recipe Toplef10Polish Golumpki (Stuffed Cabbage) Recipe 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

Polish Golumpki (Stuffed Cabbage) Recipe I22gcj10Polish Golumpki (Stuffed Cabbage) Recipe 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Ohio Gardener's Greenhouse
by OhioGardener Today at 3:36 pm

» N & C Midwest—May 2024
by OhioGardener Today at 3:16 pm

» Greetings from Southport NC
by sanderson Today at 4:36 am

» In the news: Biosolids in Texas.
by sanderson Today at 4:19 am

» Rhubarb Rhubarb
by Scorpio Rising Yesterday at 7:57 pm

» What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today
by Scorpio Rising Yesterday at 7:55 pm

» Complicated mixed up bunny poop!
by jemm Yesterday at 7:24 pm

» Mark's first SFG
by markqz 5/4/2024, 12:08 am

» question about the digital tools from the sfg site.
by OhioGardener 5/2/2024, 4:50 pm

» Assistance Needed: Sugar Snap Peas Yellowing and Wilting
by Scorpio Rising 5/1/2024, 8:24 pm

» OMG, GMO from an unexpected place.
by sanderson 5/1/2024, 1:57 am

» N & C Midwest: March and April 2024
by Scorpio Rising 4/29/2024, 1:30 pm

» Lovage, has anyone grown, or used
by OhioGardener 4/29/2024, 12:27 pm

» New to SFG in Arlington, Tx
by sanderson 4/26/2024, 3:13 pm

» Soil Blocks: Tutorial In Photos
by OhioGardener 4/25/2024, 5:20 pm

» Manure tea overwintered outside - is it safe to use?
by Mhpoole 4/24/2024, 7:08 pm

» Advice on my blend
by donnainzone5 4/24/2024, 12:13 pm

» Senseless Banter...
by OhioGardener 4/24/2024, 8:16 am

» What do I do with tomato plants?
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 4/23/2024, 1:36 am

» Kiwi's SFG Adventure
by sanderson 4/22/2024, 2:07 pm

» Sacrificial Tomatoes
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 4/22/2024, 10:36 am

» From the Admin - 4th EDITION of All New Square Foot Gardening is in Progress
by sanderson 4/21/2024, 5:02 pm

» Seedling Identification
by AuntieBeth 4/21/2024, 8:00 am

» Happy Birthday!!
by AtlantaMarie 4/21/2024, 6:56 am

» Three Sisters Thursday
by sanderson 4/20/2024, 5:25 pm

» Recommended store bought compost - Photos of composts
by sanderson 4/20/2024, 3:08 pm

» Compost not hot
by Guinevere 4/19/2024, 11:19 am

» Maybe a silly question but...
by sanderson 4/18/2024, 11:22 pm

» Hi from zone 10B--southern orange county, ca
by sanderson 4/18/2024, 12:25 am

» Asparagus
by OhioGardener 4/17/2024, 6:17 pm

Google

Search SFG Forum

Polish Golumpki (Stuffed Cabbage) Recipe

+3
llama momma
bnoles
KDeus
7 posters

Go down

Polish Golumpki (Stuffed Cabbage) Recipe Empty Polish Golumpki (Stuffed Cabbage) Recipe

Post  KDeus 1/15/2013, 11:38 pm

When I was little, my grandmother made these stuffed cabbages which we always called pigs in a blanket. My great-grandparents were from Poland and this is how my grandmother made them. They're absolutely delicious! I'd love to try to grow cabbage so I can have fresh cabbage to make them from, but have never tried growing it.

Polish Golumpki (Stuffed Cabbage) Recipe 74748810
KDeus
KDeus

Female Posts : 71

http://www.mikkeanphotography.com

Back to top Go down

Polish Golumpki (Stuffed Cabbage) Recipe Empty Re: Polish Golumpki (Stuffed Cabbage) Recipe

Post  bnoles 1/16/2013, 5:16 am

Thanks so much for the recipe link! I remember these growing up and you have sparked my interest in making them.
bnoles

Male Posts : 804

Back to top Go down

Polish Golumpki (Stuffed Cabbage) Recipe Empty Re: Polish Golumpki (Stuffed Cabbage) Recipe

Post  llama momma 1/16/2013, 7:21 am

My Ukranian grandmother made these all the time. I enjoy making this dish which reminds me I have one more frozen bag of pureed roasted tomatoes from last summer. Think it will be used this week on this dish. Thank you for reminding me of this wonderful tasty meal! Note to self: grow more tomatoes.
llama momma
llama momma

Certified SFG Instructor

Female Posts : 4921

Back to top Go down

Post  KDeus 1/16/2013, 8:45 am

I am with you on stepping up the tomato production! Had some tomato plants that didn't produce too much last year so will try some new ones maybe in addition to them! Pureed roasted tomatoes - I definitely need to do that!
KDeus
KDeus

Back to top Go down

Post  llama momma 1/16/2013, 9:00 am

I've only been a sfgardener for 2-1/2 years and didn't take into account how many tomatoes are necessary to last till the next harvest. I guess the longer we do this the better we perfect our system. Started a thread on roasting tomatoes, the title is something like, This is tomato heaven. You'll find it in the search box above, there are pictures and other posters comments and apparently it was quite popular. Roasted tomatoes taste fabulous. But I also want to can toms this year to relieve freezer space.
llama momma
llama momma

Certified SFG Instructor

Back to top Go down

Post  plantoid 1/16/2013, 9:20 pm

KDeus wrote:When I was little, my grandmother made these stuffed cabbages which we always called pigs in a blanket. My great-grandparents were from Poland and this is how my grandmother made them. They're absolutely delicious! I'd love to try to grow cabbage so I can have fresh cabbage to make them from, but have never tried growing it.

Polish Golumpki (Stuffed Cabbage) Recipe 74748810

Thanks for the recipe and pictures .
My 68 yr old sis in law is a " Wasser Pole " and has promised to give me Golumpki which she called " GWOMPKI " for years and years but it never happened .
When my cabbages grow a bit bigger I think we will give it a go .

It looks so good I 've just drooled all over my keyboard. Laughing
plantoid
plantoid

Male Posts : 4096

Back to top Go down

Post  cheyannarach 1/17/2013, 1:56 am

Oh yum! I love recipe links, thank you! Having the maiden name Ziolkowski I am partial to polish food hungry !
cheyannarach
cheyannarach

Female Posts : 2037

Back to top Go down

Post  KDeus 1/17/2013, 3:46 pm

I loved these as a kid and my kids now love them, too! My grandmother's maiden name was Kielbasa Smile

Having a Polish grandmother and a Greek grandfather, we always had some delicious meals! But I've always been partial to this one!

@plantoid, I look forward to hearing about when you get to try it with your cabbage! I saw some beautiful full heads of cabbage in a garden when I was driving around today and it made me want these even more! Enjoy!
KDeus
KDeus

Back to top Go down

Post  llama momma 1/18/2013, 1:32 pm

cheyannarach wrote:Oh yum! I love recipe links, thank you! Having the maiden name Ziolkowski I am partial to polish food hungry !
I know what you mean, with my maiden name of Kipybida I'm a sucker for stuffed cabbage, cabbage soup, and pierogies any day any time!
llama momma
llama momma

Certified SFG Instructor

Back to top Go down

Post  bnoles 1/19/2013, 6:19 pm

We made a round of these tonight for diner and OMG were they ever awesome. We cut the recipe in half since there is only me and the wife and still had enough left over for tomorrow. Very easy to make and absolutely delicious.

Thanks again for the link KDeus!

Thanks also to LLM for the roasted tomato inspiration. Looks like I will be expanding my tomato crop in my planning. Very Happy
bnoles

Male Posts : 804

Back to top Go down

Post  llama momma 1/19/2013, 6:53 pm

bnoles wrote:
Thanks also to LLM for the roasted tomato inspiration. Looks like I will be expanding my tomato crop in my planning. Very Happy

Your welcome and enjoy! sfg smile
llama momma
llama momma

Certified SFG Instructor

Back to top Go down

Post  KDeus 1/25/2013, 10:33 pm

bnoles wrote:We made a round of these tonight for diner and OMG were they ever awesome. We cut the recipe in half since there is only me and the wife and still had enough left over for tomorrow. Very easy to make and absolutely delicious.

Thanks again for the link KDeus!

Oh, I am so glad that you tried them and enjoyed them! I really need to make these again soon! Smile
KDeus
KDeus

Back to top Go down

Polish Golumpki (Stuffed Cabbage) Recipe Empty Stuffed Cabbage

Post  SFGHealthCoach 9/24/2013, 9:51 pm

Great recipe fun here!  I am Polish on my mom's side and as a little girl learned to make these with my grandmother.  We didn't have a garden or a farm then and we never talked about where the cabbage came from or how it grew.  Now I know!  And it is a pleasure to grow my own in our SFG.  

I love to consider recipes as a guideline and this is a perfect example!  Now, when we make "Golabki" - pronounced gawumpki - as I remember - I try adding tiny black lentils, use brown rice and make our own fresh tomato sauce with our SFG tomatoes - sugar free and fresh!!!!!

Thanks for sharing this recipe thread here!!!
SFGHealthCoach
SFGHealthCoach

Female Posts : 90

http://www.fromyourinsideout.com

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson 12/8/2014, 11:46 pm

I made this recipe, well, I used the recipe as my guide.  Embarassed My lower cabbage leaves were sticking out of the tulle so I trimmed some, steamed them, made up improvised a filing, topped with sharp cheddar cheese and remaining tomato sauce and microwaved.  It's actually really good.
sanderson
sanderson

Forum Administrator

Female Posts : 21554

https://connect.xfinity.com/appsuite/#!!&app=io.ox/mail&

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down