Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
Another off topic, inappropriate post from your admin...please forgive - Page 8 Toplef10Another off topic, inappropriate post from your admin...please forgive - Page 8 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

Another off topic, inappropriate post from your admin...please forgive - Page 8 I22gcj10Another off topic, inappropriate post from your admin...please forgive - Page 8 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
Another off topic, inappropriate post from your admin...please forgive - Page 8 Toplef10Another off topic, inappropriate post from your admin...please forgive - Page 8 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

Another off topic, inappropriate post from your admin...please forgive - Page 8 I22gcj10Another off topic, inappropriate post from your admin...please forgive - Page 8 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today
by Guinevere Yesterday at 8:55 pm

» What do I do with tomato plants?
by Guinevere Yesterday at 8:47 pm

» N & C Midwest—May 2024
by Scorpio Rising Yesterday at 4:24 pm

» Compost not hot
by Guinevere 5/12/2024, 7:08 pm

» Cabbage worms
by Guinevere 5/12/2024, 7:07 pm

» They don't call 'em garden BEDS for nothing.
by sanderson 5/12/2024, 2:34 am

» Ohio Gardener's Greenhouse
by sanderson 5/10/2024, 2:06 pm

» Spring Flowers
by OhioGardener 5/9/2024, 12:02 pm

» Birds of the Garden
by OhioGardener 5/7/2024, 8:26 pm

» Greetings from Southport NC
by sanderson 5/6/2024, 4:36 am

» In the news: Biosolids in Texas.
by sanderson 5/6/2024, 4:19 am

» Rhubarb Rhubarb
by Scorpio Rising 5/5/2024, 7:57 pm

» Complicated mixed up bunny poop!
by jemm 5/5/2024, 7:24 pm

» Mark's first SFG
by markqz 5/4/2024, 12:08 am

» question about the digital tools from the sfg site.
by OhioGardener 5/2/2024, 4:50 pm

» Assistance Needed: Sugar Snap Peas Yellowing and Wilting
by Scorpio Rising 5/1/2024, 8:24 pm

» OMG, GMO from an unexpected place.
by sanderson 5/1/2024, 1:57 am

» N & C Midwest: March and April 2024
by Scorpio Rising 4/29/2024, 1:30 pm

» Lovage, has anyone grown, or used
by OhioGardener 4/29/2024, 12:27 pm

» New to SFG in Arlington, Tx
by sanderson 4/26/2024, 3:13 pm

» Soil Blocks: Tutorial In Photos
by OhioGardener 4/25/2024, 5:20 pm

» Manure tea overwintered outside - is it safe to use?
by Mhpoole 4/24/2024, 7:08 pm

» Advice on my blend
by donnainzone5 4/24/2024, 12:13 pm

» Senseless Banter...
by OhioGardener 4/24/2024, 8:16 am

» Kiwi's SFG Adventure
by sanderson 4/22/2024, 2:07 pm

» Sacrificial Tomatoes
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 4/22/2024, 10:36 am

» From the Admin - 4th EDITION of All New Square Foot Gardening is in Progress
by sanderson 4/21/2024, 5:02 pm

» Happy Birthday!!
by AtlantaMarie 4/21/2024, 6:56 am

» Three Sisters Thursday
by sanderson 4/20/2024, 5:25 pm

» Recommended store bought compost - Photos of composts
by sanderson 4/20/2024, 3:08 pm

Google

Search SFG Forum

Another off topic, inappropriate post from your admin...please forgive

+71
milaneyjane
bev
jymarino
HouseofWool
MarcyG
westie42
PNG_Grandma
FamilyGardening
Glendale-gardener
kjenkins82
vjam5555
CarolynPhillips
Lindacol
shannon1
CindiLou
donnainzone5
Kelejan
UnderTheBlackWalnut
Menditha
dixie
GloriaG
Goosegirl
sarah in the garden
mcduff
tkdtara84
Dunkinjean
Nonna.PapaVino
graficow
boffer
Bec
sceleste54
jazzymaddy
Aub
herblover
staf74
camprn
bettyd_z7_va
martha
acara
pelujilla
MasonGarden
sherryeo
janefss2002
Furbalsmom
Weatherkid
clfraser
sfg4uKim
madnicmom
Smartchick
elliephant
dizzygardener
missmarie
nancy
Ha-v-v
quiltbea
FarmerValerie
BackyardBirdGardner
Blackrose
NHGardener
ferhoodled
Theresa
Chopper
WardinWake
duhh
buttaflie143
Old Hippie
Miss M
ashort
myhouseofBOYS
walshevak
middlemamma
75 posters

Page 8 of 16 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next

Go down

Another off topic, inappropriate post from your admin...please forgive - Page 8 Empty Re: Another off topic, inappropriate post from your admin...please forgive

Post  BackyardBirdGardner 5/19/2011, 2:49 pm

Acara, there HAS to be something in the works to make this the ride of a lifetime for her.

Come in a limo drivers uni. Bring her roses. Take her to a scenic vista in some hospital window and give her another present. I think it'd be cool to have a little place in the hospital scouted already and have a little candlelit table waiting for her and music...better yet, a little band or something.

You have such an imagination; do something HUGE! You both deserve it. And, momma needs to feel special....not that she doesn't already I'm sure.
BackyardBirdGardner
BackyardBirdGardner

Male Posts : 2727

Back to top Go down

Another off topic, inappropriate post from your admin...please forgive - Page 8 Empty Congratulations on the big Three Oh

Post  Furbalsmom 5/19/2011, 3:03 pm

Congratulations on the big Three Oh!

Here's hoping the Dr has to eat his lab coat!

32 32 32 32 32 32 32 32
Furbalsmom
Furbalsmom

Female Posts : 3141

Back to top Go down

Another off topic, inappropriate post from your admin...please forgive - Page 8 Empty Re: Another off topic, inappropriate post from your admin...please forgive

Post  acara 5/19/2011, 5:14 pm

BackyardBirdGardner wrote:Acara, there HAS to be something in the works to make this the ride of a lifetime for her.

Come in a limo drivers uni. Bring her roses. Take her to a scenic vista in some hospital window and give her another present. I think it'd be cool to have a little place in the hospital scouted already and have a little candlelit table waiting for her and music...better yet, a little band or something.

You have such an imagination; do something HUGE! You both deserve it. And, momma needs to feel special....not that she doesn't already I'm sure.

I tried already, but mama anticipated I would try to pull off some stunt & gave me very explicit instructions:

** Don't (&*^*)&%^ this up .... **** Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Mama's worried my poor judgement and warped sense of humor might affect her chances of getting more "wheelchair passes"; so she's strongly suggested that I behave, keep within the speed limit, don't drive recklessly, stay on hospital grounds, keep in the one hour time limit keeep my mouth shut, etc.

I may try to pull off something on any subsequent wheelchair passes though Twisted Evil
acara
acara

Male Posts : 1012

Back to top Go down

Post  BackyardBirdGardner 5/19/2011, 5:21 pm

I knew you were on top of things...lol.

But, I didn't know Momma was already a step ahead of you. Have fun!
BackyardBirdGardner
BackyardBirdGardner

Back to top Go down

Post  Kelejan 5/19/2011, 6:20 pm

Just be a good boy then, acara, and do as you're told. (asked).

You really have a no-nonsense lady there. Good thing too. Men need guidance.

Very Happy
Kelejan
Kelejan

Female Posts : 6016

http://www.castlegarinkspot.ca

Back to top Go down

Post  Nonna.PapaVino 5/19/2011, 6:23 pm

Have you been taking her home grown tomatoes? Guy Clark wrote: "Only two things money can't buy is true love and home grown tomatoes!" Bet you have both bases covered. So glad for all three of you.
Nonna.PapaVino

Female Posts : 1437

Back to top Go down

Post  Old Hippie 5/19/2011, 7:31 pm

Kelejan wrote:Just be a good boy then, acara, and do as you're told. (asked).

You really have a no-nonsense lady there. Good thing too. Men need guidance.

Very Happy

She obviously knows her man really well. LOL! Have fun!

Gwynn
Old Hippie
Old Hippie
Regional Hosts

Female Posts : 1156

Back to top Go down

Post  CarolynPhillips 5/19/2011, 8:35 pm

Congrats Acara. bounce
CarolynPhillips
CarolynPhillips

Female Posts : 779

Back to top Go down

Post  pelujilla 5/21/2011, 10:23 am

Best news yet! Come on 32!
pelujilla
pelujilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Nonna.PapaVino 5/22/2011, 12:52 am

Wait, did I miss the update on the grand wheelchair trip to the cafeteria? Could you, did you, what was wonderful? Still going for 32 and home grown tomatoes, Acara?
Nonna.PapaVino

Back to top Go down

Post  middlemamma 5/22/2011, 1:06 am

This mamma has had baby fever for the last couple years pretty bad...we went to the local farmers market today and it seemed every chunky-budda-bellied-milk-drunk-baby was out there today. My uterus hurts. Made me think of you a lot today and I sent many a good "stay-put-baby" vibe your way Acara and Acara mamma. Smile
middlemamma
middlemamma

Female Posts : 2264

Back to top Go down

Post  pelujilla 5/22/2011, 7:57 am

middlemamma wrote:This mamma has had baby fever for the last couple years pretty bad...we went to the local farmers market today and it seemed every chunky-budda-bellied-milk-drunk-baby was out there today. My uterus hurts. Made me think of you a lot today and I sent many a good "stay-put-baby" vibe your way Acara and Acara mamma. Smile

when I get those I peek into the bedroom/bathroom of my 3 teenage boys and I recuperate instantly affraid
pelujilla
pelujilla

Back to top Go down

Post  sceleste54 5/22/2011, 8:09 am

LOL!!!! My teenagers are all out of the house but I still get a twinge every now and then... thats what the Buddydog is for !!
sceleste54

Female Posts : 383

Back to top Go down

Post  FarmerValerie 5/22/2011, 8:49 am

The cure is grandchildren, and the sweet paypack is saying "OH let him eat ALL the candy he wants, he's going home tonight"!
FarmerValerie
FarmerValerie

Female Posts : 1611

http://www.rocksinmygarden.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  CindiLou 5/22/2011, 10:49 am

Yup, just borrow a baby for a few hours and the "want one" issue goes away! My youngest baby is 21 but the youngest grandbaby is 23 months. NO WAY do I want another baby rofl....

I love being able to borrow the baby and get a baby fix but I LOVE sending them back to momma!
CindiLou
CindiLou

Location : South Central Iowa, Zone 5a (20mi dia area in 5b zone)rofl...

Back to top Go down

Post  Kelejan 5/22/2011, 1:17 pm

Day 33. Keep going (I mean staying) little one.

sawing logs
Kelejan
Kelejan

Back to top Go down

Post  BackyardBirdGardner 5/22/2011, 4:14 pm

Once again, I'll never understand you women.

You've had several, and you still get the pang? Apparently, God didn't do us a service when he allowed us to forget pain as time passes.

Babies are cute and all, but as a proud pappa, I've been there....done that. I wish they all popped out 3 and potty trained. But, if that was how things worked, we'd all live in shoes.
BackyardBirdGardner
BackyardBirdGardner

Back to top Go down

Post  middlemamma 5/24/2011, 12:47 am

I can't wait for Thursday and week 31 to come....I can't wait... bounce bounce bounce
middlemamma
middlemamma

Female Posts : 2264

Back to top Go down

Post  acara 5/26/2011, 6:35 am

Thursday update ...

We're at week 31 today & mama & baby are doing well.

According to ultrasound, Connor weighed in at approx 4 lbs yesterday & is officially larger than any of my tomatoes this season Razz Razz Razz

Also found out that he's flipped for the moment and no longer breached.

Tenative plan is to spring mama from the hospital next week & get her into home care for a week or two, until the circlauge comes out. Mama's cervical length is only 8mm, so that may/may not be realistic, a week from now, since the circlauge stitches are about the only thing keeping baby put.

After next week we'll transition from the hi-risk OB/GYN to our "regular" delivery physicians.
acara
acara

Male Posts : 1012

Back to top Go down

Post  walshevak 5/26/2011, 6:40 am

Yea cheers Week 31 and a 4lb baby. I'm guessing odds have dramatically inproved. The 32 chant is still going on. In addition to giving Connor a better chance, I want a labcoat BBQ.

A WEED IS A FLOWER GROWING IN THE WRONG PLACE
Elizabeth City, NC
Find more about Weather in Elizabeth City, NC
Click for weather forecast
walshevak

Certified SFG Instructor

Female Posts : 4374

Back to top Go down

Post  Ha-v-v 5/26/2011, 8:32 am

Awesome!!! Your family is in my thoughts daily as I tend those tomatoes Smile Watering, checking at night for those nasty horn worms etc Smile Nice to hear the babe is bigger than the tomatoes now Smile
Ha-v-v
Ha-v-v
Ha-v-v

Female Posts : 1123
Location : Southwest Ms. Zone 8A (I like to think I get a little bit of Zone 9 too )

Back to top Go down

Post  nancy 5/26/2011, 9:13 am

I'm so happy for the 3 of you. What wonderful news! Thanks for keeping us posted.
cheers I love you cheers
nancy
nancy

Female Posts : 595

Back to top Go down

Post  Menditha 5/26/2011, 11:39 am

HOORAY, Baby Connor! Just keep gaining, just keep gaining. And Mommy and Daddy! Praying for all of you. Another off topic, inappropriate post from your admin...please forgive - Page 8 485967
Menditha

Female Posts : 29

Back to top Go down

Post  Kelejan 5/26/2011, 11:50 am

Reading back to where I plat posted on this thread, I realized I was getting weeks and days mixed.

Any, congrats on making it to week 31. Now for week 32. cheers
Kelejan
Kelejan

Back to top Go down

Post  Nonna.PapaVino 5/26/2011, 11:59 am

New mantra? 5 pounds, 5 pounds, 5 pounds. You guys are to be congratulated, you must be doing everything right. Conner is a very lucky guy to have such dedicated parents.
Nonna.PapaVino

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 16 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next