Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
eggplant - What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 12 Toplef10eggplant - What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 12 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

eggplant - What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 12 I22gcj10eggplant - What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 12 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
eggplant - What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 12 Toplef10eggplant - What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 12 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

eggplant - What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 12 I22gcj10eggplant - What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 12 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» What do I do with tomato plants?
by SMEDLEY BUTLER Yesterday at 8:53 pm

» N & C Midwest—May 2024
by OhioGardener Yesterday at 7:14 pm

» Ohio Gardener's Greenhouse
by OhioGardener Yesterday at 7:02 pm

» What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today
by OhioGardener 5/17/2024, 4:09 pm

» Compost not hot
by OhioGardener 5/17/2024, 8:05 am

» First timer in Central Virginia (7b) - newly built beds 2024
by flossy21 5/16/2024, 5:34 pm

» Help me correct my mistakes for next year please
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 5/16/2024, 4:46 pm

» Cabbage worms
by sanderson 5/16/2024, 1:34 am

» Complicated mixed up bunny poop!
by plantoid 5/14/2024, 7:20 pm

» They don't call 'em garden BEDS for nothing.
by sanderson 5/12/2024, 2:34 am

» Spring Flowers
by OhioGardener 5/9/2024, 12:02 pm

» Birds of the Garden
by OhioGardener 5/7/2024, 8:26 pm

» Greetings from Southport NC
by sanderson 5/6/2024, 4:36 am

» In the news: Biosolids in Texas.
by sanderson 5/6/2024, 4:19 am

» Rhubarb Rhubarb
by Scorpio Rising 5/5/2024, 7:57 pm

» Mark's first SFG
by markqz 5/4/2024, 12:08 am

» question about the digital tools from the sfg site.
by OhioGardener 5/2/2024, 4:50 pm

» Assistance Needed: Sugar Snap Peas Yellowing and Wilting
by Scorpio Rising 5/1/2024, 8:24 pm

» OMG, GMO from an unexpected place.
by sanderson 5/1/2024, 1:57 am

» N & C Midwest: March and April 2024
by Scorpio Rising 4/29/2024, 1:30 pm

» Lovage, has anyone grown, or used
by OhioGardener 4/29/2024, 12:27 pm

» New to SFG in Arlington, Tx
by sanderson 4/26/2024, 3:13 pm

» Soil Blocks: Tutorial In Photos
by OhioGardener 4/25/2024, 5:20 pm

» Manure tea overwintered outside - is it safe to use?
by Mhpoole 4/24/2024, 7:08 pm

» Advice on my blend
by donnainzone5 4/24/2024, 12:13 pm

» Senseless Banter...
by OhioGardener 4/24/2024, 8:16 am

» Kiwi's SFG Adventure
by sanderson 4/22/2024, 2:07 pm

» Sacrificial Tomatoes
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 4/22/2024, 10:36 am

» From the Admin - 4th EDITION of All New Square Foot Gardening is in Progress
by sanderson 4/21/2024, 5:02 pm

» Happy Birthday!!
by AtlantaMarie 4/21/2024, 6:56 am

Google

Search SFG Forum

What are you eating from your garden today?

+77
professorm
Ginger Blue
Judy McConnell
StrongAsMeat
walshevak
No_Such_Reality
lopez
ralitaco
GrowRunner
MrBooker
littlejo
Zmoore
FeedMeSeeMore
p14shooter
landarch
BeetlesPerSqFt
bigdogrock
countrynaturals
littlesapphire
CotheK
WindAndVane
Swilliams0416
reynajrainwater
Mimi2
donnainzone5
greatgranny
Scorpio Rising
MackerelSky
kauairosina
Goosegirl
Marc Iverson
CapeCoddess
CitizenKate
Dadoo
vortex
trolleydriver
Mikesgardn
mschaef
hokie_paw
mollyhespra
momvet
NanSFG
Rahab222
bbroomm
nosmok
TinySpock
Razed Bed
quiltbea
Triciasgarden
Dunkinjean
sfg4uKim
steve638
NAR56
martha
Cajun Cappy
Windmere
AtlantaMarie
dstack
southern gardener
plantoid
johnp
cyclonegardener
audrey.jeanne.roberts
Kelejan
sfgteachers
Turan
GloriaG
Cherbear
Denese
floyd1440
yolos
llama momma
FamilyGardening
herblover
meatburner
brainchasm
camprn
81 posters

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

eggplant - What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 12 Empty What are Hawaii folks planting and harvesting?

Post  kauairosina 8/20/2015, 2:12 pm

We made something called Eggplant Involtini.  Very labor intensive and very well received.  We slice the big black beauties (don't remember the name off hand) into large half inch slices, baked in oven with seasoning and oil on parchment paper then rolled with ricotta cheese mixture inside and topped with tomato sauce.  I make my own ricotta and sauce so it's a labor of love.  Have to do it in shifts otherwise my back remembers how old I am.   Fortunately, Susan was my cooking partner

Our beans and asparagus and red okra harvest is winding down. 

We have planted more mesclun for starts since it seems to come up faster than in our seed flats.
kauairosina
kauairosina

Female Posts : 656

Back to top Go down

eggplant - What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 12 Empty First Toms

Post  MackerelSky 8/20/2015, 7:57 pm

Hey Folks,

Hope all is well...

Historically, we are around 4 weeks to first frost and we finally got our first vine ripened tomatoes. Actually, the two large ones fell of the plant and onto the soil. The first pic was taken last night. It's always the same, a cucumber hides from ya until it gets to be a bit big but will most likely still be good in a salad.

eggplant - What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 12 Img_8311

This pic we took this evening and that tomato was very good eating. We also cooked up the cauliflower and the two buttercup squash. mmmmm-

eggplant - What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 12 Img_8310

My lady finally spent some money and purchased a granite ware 20qt. pressure cooker/steamer to replace the old one we've had for nearly 30 years so there should be quite a few fruits and veggies crossing the island in the next month or so.

All the Best!
Brad
MackerelSky
MackerelSky

Male Posts : 73

http://www.McKeanWeather.com

Back to top Go down

eggplant - What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 12 Empty Re: What are you eating from your garden today?

Post  donnainzone5 8/20/2015, 8:11 pm

Green/purple/yellow beans, steamed with dill and garlic, all home-grown;  salad: the last of the greens with the last of the Stupice tomatoes, some cilantro and parsley, and my first cucumber since I moved to Central Oregon.

Meanwhile, I'm busy blanching and freezing beans, broccoli, and squash.  I should be getting some small ears of corn soon.
donnainzone5
donnainzone5

Certified SFG Instructor

Female Posts : 2662

http://www.amway.com/DonnaKBecker

Back to top Go down

eggplant - What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 12 Empty Re: What are you eating from your garden today?

Post  Scorpio Rising 8/23/2015, 6:03 pm

BLT, with real tomato! Yum!
Scorpio Rising
Scorpio Rising

Female Posts : 8737

Back to top Go down

Post  donnainzone5 8/23/2015, 7:06 pm

Can't decide!

I have beans, peas, squash, (running out my ears, as usual, despite my having planted only three seeds this year.  Found one of those under a squash leaf yesterday, but my neighbor is still eating the two I've already given her.  Then there's the broccoli--a bit more coming soon-- and the two ears of corn I harvested today.  Forgot to mention the peas.

Oops!  There's that one cuke I harvested the other day. Between produce and seeds, the fridge is pretty well packed!  Must. Clean. Out. Before. Guests. Arrive. Tuesday.  

Tomatoes are taking their time.  I used the last two Stupice in a braised version of Dover Sole last night.  Other ingredients from my SFG were dill and diced onion.
donnainzone5
donnainzone5

Certified SFG Instructor

Back to top Go down

Post  greatgranny 8/23/2015, 7:22 pm

Slow cooker vegetable beef soup - it has been chilly here.  Made it to get rid of some of the tomatoes.  Yikes, I think for me alone I could plant way less than I do.

Two days ago I made a batch of catsup.  A recipe I never tried before.  Way too much cayenne for my taste so will send it with one of my kids who loves everything HOT.
greatgranny
greatgranny

Female Posts : 661

Back to top Go down

Post  donnainzone5 8/23/2015, 7:41 pm

I read a post today from a scientist in Poland--who unfortunately speaks and writes English poorly.

However, the jist was, and he posted an animated photo of color-coded jet stream patterns showing colder air over the U.S. Northeast and British Isles.  

I should start keeping track of his "forecasts."
donnainzone5
donnainzone5

Certified SFG Instructor

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson 8/24/2015, 10:36 am

Last winter's cooked and frozen butternut. I'm eating soft foods with my infected molar.

Find more about Weather in Fresno, CA
Click for weather forecast
sanderson
sanderson

Forum Administrator

Female Posts : 21562

https://connect.xfinity.com/appsuite/#!!&app=io.ox/mail&

Back to top Go down

Post  donnainzone5 8/24/2015, 10:41 am

Ooh, Sanderson, those hurt!  Have you seen the dentist yet?

I've had a few of these during the past three years.

Some were caused by old root canals; a couple of those, in turn, were re-treated. 

One molar, unfortunately, had to be extracted.

Hence, the horrendous dental bills!

Twice when I had horrible toothaches, though, the apparent cause was tiny bone fragments working their way out of my gums.

Hope you feel better soon!  Please keep us posted.
donnainzone5
donnainzone5

Certified SFG Instructor

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson 8/24/2015, 11:52 am

Got antibiotics over the phone from on-call dentist Sunday morning. Tooth a lot better. I made an appt for Thursday so it gives me time to get over the "flu!" When it rains, it pours, and all on a weekend. When I have a fever, my brain takes a vacation. I have 2 lower molar implants so far and a couple root canals. This is an upper molar and I hope my jaw will support an implant, if needed. This molar has a gold crown that shows when I smile so I wouldn't mind a nice porcelain one that doesn't reflect light in photos! Laughing

sanderson
sanderson

Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  donnainzone5 8/24/2015, 12:14 pm

Glad you're feeling better!  Yes, flu indeed does a number on one's brain power.
donnainzone5
donnainzone5

Certified SFG Instructor

Back to top Go down

eggplant - What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 12 Empty California drought

Post  kauairosina 8/24/2015, 12:35 pm

good healing to you Sanderson!  

Two of my younguns arrived yesterday.  One surprised us.  Son Eric with former partner Laura and their son Dylan 6 years old, from California who were expected,and daughter Lori who popped over from Kona to surprise us.  Love them  dearly but happy for brief visits, which these will be. Has anyone found out how to bottle that energy?  I'm OK trailing slowly behind them.
kauairosina
kauairosina

Female Posts : 656

Back to top Go down

Post  Marc Iverson 8/24/2015, 5:46 pm

sanderson wrote:Last winter's cooked and frozen butternut. I'm eating soft foods with my infected molar.

Good luck with that. I'm a bit surprised you say you can hold on till Thursday -- bad mouth stuff tends to be exceptionally painful. When I had an upper molar infected, it was eye-wateringly pain of the type that made me feel I couldn't even sit down.
Marc Iverson
Marc Iverson

Male Posts : 3638

Back to top Go down

Post  donnainzone5 8/24/2015, 6:04 pm

Will your dentist prescribe painkillers?
donnainzone5
donnainzone5

Certified SFG Instructor

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson 8/24/2015, 11:09 pm

The antibiotics are working nicely so the pain and swelling are way down. A bad tooth can make one a drooling, one-eyed idiot. The pain was up to my eye, some down in the lower jar (my husband called them sympathy pains) and the soft palate. Yes, our own dentist would and does prescribe pain meds for bad procedures. Most of the time Ibu does the trick for pain. I took some left over codeine-Tylenol and had a real interesting reaction, to say the least. Now just to get over the fever flu. My brain keeps peeking out from under the bed to see if it's safe to come out.

sanderson
sanderson

Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorpio Rising 8/25/2015, 7:00 pm

http://www.food.com/recipe/creamy-swiss-chard-pasta-57123?photo=306868

I did this with some chard and a couple tomatoes and it was good. Would add more cheese, and I stirred in some kielbasa, would not do that again!

Sanderson, sorry about your tooth, I have had a ton of work done. Glad you have some pain relief and antibiotics....fingers crossed!
Scorpio Rising
Scorpio Rising

Female Posts : 8737

Back to top Go down

Post  Marc Iverson 8/25/2015, 7:14 pm

I'm glad the pain is way down, sanderson. What a misery tooth and gum problems can be.
Marc Iverson
Marc Iverson

Back to top Go down

Post  yolos 8/25/2015, 8:35 pm

Pinkeye Purple Hull Peas cooked with smoked sausage, tomato bits, garlic, etc.  Also new potatoes.
yolos
yolos

Female Posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson 8/26/2015, 3:44 am

yolos wrote:Pinkeye Purple Hull Peas cooked with smoked sausage, tomato bits, garlic, etc.  Also new potatoes.
Yummy!

Yep, with age comes wisdom, patience, and major dental work.

sanderson
sanderson

Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Marc Iverson 8/26/2015, 4:08 pm

sanderson wrote:

Also way too many trips to the bathroom or way too few.
Marc Iverson
Marc Iverson

Back to top Go down

Post  greatgranny 8/26/2015, 5:35 pm

Marc Iverson wrote:
sanderson wrote:

Also way too many trips to the bathroom or way too few.
All of the above.
greatgranny
greatgranny

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson 8/26/2015, 9:21 pm

With age comes all of the above plus Table Tops and compost tumblers. From my TTs, a few small black Krims and Jimmy Nardinos as snacks.

sanderson
sanderson

Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  greatgranny 8/27/2015, 1:41 pm

Made spaghetti sauce with about 6 very large tomatoes.  Will probably add some Italian sausage or ground beef sometimes.  The recipe was really quite easy.  I know it will taste better tomorrow, it always does.  But, was a quick lunch for today anyway.
greatgranny
greatgranny

Back to top Go down

Post  southern gardener 8/27/2015, 1:49 pm

eggplant - What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 12 Vaneda10

We harvested these Edamame's yesterday. Produced heavily and grew really fast!!
southern gardener
southern gardener

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson 8/27/2015, 2:03 pm

Wow! What will you do with them?

sanderson
sanderson

Forum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next