Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
eggplant - What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 2 Toplef10eggplant - What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 2 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

eggplant - What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 2 I22gcj10eggplant - What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 2 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
eggplant - What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 2 Toplef10eggplant - What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 2 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

eggplant - What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 2 I22gcj10eggplant - What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 2 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Greetings from Southport NC
by sanderson Today at 4:36 am

» In the news: Biosolids in Texas.
by sanderson Today at 4:19 am

» Rhubarb Rhubarb
by Scorpio Rising Yesterday at 7:57 pm

» What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today
by Scorpio Rising Yesterday at 7:55 pm

» N & C Midwest—May 2024
by Scorpio Rising Yesterday at 7:53 pm

» Complicated mixed up bunny poop!
by jemm Yesterday at 7:24 pm

» Mark's first SFG
by markqz 5/4/2024, 12:08 am

» question about the digital tools from the sfg site.
by OhioGardener 5/2/2024, 4:50 pm

» Assistance Needed: Sugar Snap Peas Yellowing and Wilting
by Scorpio Rising 5/1/2024, 8:24 pm

» OMG, GMO from an unexpected place.
by sanderson 5/1/2024, 1:57 am

» N & C Midwest: March and April 2024
by Scorpio Rising 4/29/2024, 1:30 pm

» Lovage, has anyone grown, or used
by OhioGardener 4/29/2024, 12:27 pm

» Ohio Gardener's Greenhouse
by OhioGardener 4/28/2024, 10:20 am

» New to SFG in Arlington, Tx
by sanderson 4/26/2024, 3:13 pm

» Soil Blocks: Tutorial In Photos
by OhioGardener 4/25/2024, 5:20 pm

» Manure tea overwintered outside - is it safe to use?
by Mhpoole 4/24/2024, 7:08 pm

» Advice on my blend
by donnainzone5 4/24/2024, 12:13 pm

» Senseless Banter...
by OhioGardener 4/24/2024, 8:16 am

» What do I do with tomato plants?
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 4/23/2024, 1:36 am

» Kiwi's SFG Adventure
by sanderson 4/22/2024, 2:07 pm

» Sacrificial Tomatoes
by SMEDLEY BUTLER 4/22/2024, 10:36 am

» From the Admin - 4th EDITION of All New Square Foot Gardening is in Progress
by sanderson 4/21/2024, 5:02 pm

» Seedling Identification
by AuntieBeth 4/21/2024, 8:00 am

» Happy Birthday!!
by AtlantaMarie 4/21/2024, 6:56 am

» Three Sisters Thursday
by sanderson 4/20/2024, 5:25 pm

» Recommended store bought compost - Photos of composts
by sanderson 4/20/2024, 3:08 pm

» Compost not hot
by Guinevere 4/19/2024, 11:19 am

» Maybe a silly question but...
by sanderson 4/18/2024, 11:22 pm

» Hi from zone 10B--southern orange county, ca
by sanderson 4/18/2024, 12:25 am

» Asparagus
by OhioGardener 4/17/2024, 6:17 pm

Google

Search SFG Forum

What are you eating from your garden today?

+91
TCgardening
nycquilter
svanahgirl129
Gilly21
NEWBIE99
GardenGroupie
68carguy
VJ72584
Windmere
jrfrommd
dilewis
FeedMeSeeMore
davecourington
sfgbeginner
Cajunsmoke14
GloriaG
AtlantaMarie
tagyourit
bonnie0128
kauairosina
Gardendog
dstack
Roseinarosecity
Applegate
AvaDGardner
GWN
pattipan
Cherbear
cyclonegardener
jimmy cee
2SooCrew
Nonna.PapaVino
sfgteachers
Pollinator
cheyannarach
Windsor.Parker
TxGramma
Pox
sfg4uKim
unit649
meatburner
boffer
Kelejan
wcfujita
Robind
jmsieglaff
greatgranny
Thomas
grownsunshine
pryz123
darci.strutt
landarch
mrwes40
jewlz2121
johnp
R&R 1011
WriterCPA
NAR56
Marc Iverson
Triciasgarden
brainchasm
Amethyst42
SalsaMom
donnainzone5
Cheryl5
simpletwist
Josh
yolos
quiltbea
Turan
walshevak
sarah465
mschaef
herblover
lyndeeloo
camprn
bnoles
plantoid
southern gardener
llama momma
FamilyGardening
kbshark
Dunkinjean
audrey.jeanne.roberts
Nicola
Goosegirl
CapeCoddess
sanderson
RoOsTeR
mollyhespra
gwennifer
95 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

eggplant - What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 2 Empty Re: What are you eating from your garden today?

Post  audrey.jeanne.roberts 6/26/2013, 11:49 pm

My first (and sadly only) Acorn squash. The plant just wasn't very healthy and produced this one cute little squash. Just enough for one and I'm cooking for one this week :-)
audrey.jeanne.roberts
audrey.jeanne.roberts

http://audreyjeanne-roberts.artistwebsites.com

Back to top Go down

eggplant - What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 2 Empty Re: What are you eating from your garden today?

Post  herblover 6/27/2013, 1:38 pm

Last night it was salad greens and radishes in the salad. Other local stuff included the grass fed beef patties, and wildflower honey to glaze the carrots.
herblover
herblover

Female Posts : 577

Back to top Go down

Post  plantoid 6/27/2013, 5:53 pm

Mange tout ..again ! Laughing This time cooked soft in a lidded frying pan with a knob of butter to get them sliding around the pan till the juices came through and steam cooked them in their own juices .

Served with a thick slow cooked  beef ragu and dauphine potatoes & shop carrots cut into rounds , nuked and then tossed in a smidgeon of butter to help them slide down your gulleyo Wink
plantoid
plantoid

Male Posts : 4096

Back to top Go down

Post  sarah465 6/27/2013, 10:01 pm

First napa cabbage!  This one is going to be used in our first attempt at kimchi. Very Happy

eggplant - What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 2 Cabbag10
sarah465
sarah465

Back to top Go down

Post  walshevak 6/29/2013, 9:50 am

A scavenger omelet.  Green tomatoes from a broken vine, undersized cubanelle peppers that were being bug (or slug) eaten, and a few tender chard leaves from last year's plants that I pulled out yesterday.  Dashed out between rain drops and pulled a young onion for flavor.

Kay

A WEED IS A FLOWER GROWING IN THE WRONG PLACE
Elizabeth City, NC
Find more about Weather in Elizabeth City, NC
Click for weather forecast
walshevak

Certified SFG Instructor

Female Posts : 4374

Back to top Go down

Post  CapeCoddess 6/29/2013, 1:17 pm

walshevak wrote:A scavenger omelet.  Green tomatoes from a broken vine, undersized cubanelle peppers that were being bug (or slug) eaten, and a few tender chard leaves from last year's plants that I pulled out yesterday.  Dashed out between rain drops and pulled a young onion for flavor.

Kay

lol! I love that, Kay!  That's how I make my soups alot of the time!

CC
CapeCoddess
CapeCoddess

Back to top Go down

Post  Turan 6/29/2013, 1:34 pm

Home grown lamb kabobs wrapped in Speckled Trout lettuce leaves with a cilantro/ mint yogurt sauce.
Ahhhhh   summertime Laughing

Find more about Weather in Belgrade, MT
Turan
Turan

Female Posts : 2620

Back to top Go down

Post  quiltbea 6/29/2013, 2:35 pm

I just had to harvest some super sugar snap peas today, even with it starting to sprinkle once again.  I didn't want the vines to stop producing.
eggplant - What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 2 06-29-10
I was surprised at how many I got but with all this rain we've been having, they did a lot of growing.
quiltbea
quiltbea

Female Posts : 4712

Back to top Go down

Post  plantoid 6/29/2013, 5:33 pm

Strawberries & cream / ice cream today .... well it is Wimbledon week Laughing 
plantoid
plantoid

Back to top Go down

Post  plantoid 6/29/2013, 5:35 pm

Turan wrote:Home grown lamb kabobs wrapped in Speckled Trout lettuce leaves with a cilantro/ mint yogurt sauce.

That's a heck of a crop Turan  , any chance of getting some spare lamb kebab seeds off you ???  Laughing  Wink
plantoid
plantoid

Back to top Go down

Post  Turan 6/29/2013, 5:40 pm

plantoid wrote:
Turan wrote:Home grown lamb kabobs wrapped in Speckled Trout lettuce leaves with a cilantro/ mint yogurt sauce.

That's a heck of a crop Turan  , any chance of getting some spare lamb kebab seeds off you ???  Laughing  Wink

I could send you a packet of sheep 'berries' , think you could sprout them into lambies?

These particular lamb kabobs had eaten my broccoli transplants at least once last spring, and mowed the strawberries.  Rolling Eyes

Find more about Weather in Belgrade, MT
Turan
Turan

Female Posts : 2620

Back to top Go down

Post  CapeCoddess 6/29/2013, 5:54 pm

eggplant - What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 2 931411784 

funny post 

CC
CapeCoddess
CapeCoddess

Back to top Go down

Post  plantoid 6/29/2013, 5:56 pm

I've got a trailer load of sheep berries out the orphan lambs shed coming my way any day soon , so I'll try the UK born and bred seeds so the customs guys stay happy ( I'm sure you'll understand Wink  )
plantoid
plantoid

Back to top Go down

Post  yolos 6/29/2013, 9:35 pm

quiltbea wrote:I just had to harvest some super sugar snap peas today, even with it starting to sprinkle once again.  I didn't want the vines to stop producing.
eggplant - What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 2 06-29-10
I was surprised at how many I got but with all this rain we've been having, they did a lot of growing.
Do you open those pods and get the peas out or do you eat the whole pod ??  I grew peas this spring and it took forever to shell the peas.
yolos
yolos

Female Posts : 4152

Back to top Go down

Post  plantoid 6/30/2013, 6:09 pm

I will be shelling lots of peas in a week nor so hope I'm not trying to teach my granny/ grandad how to suck eggs . Smile 

Here's how I do it :-

You usually tear off the anchor so it kind of zips open the pod to the other end , it has a thin string on it if you do it right , them just " pop " the pod at the place where you started to unzip the pod and use your thumb to push out the peas out either side of the shell by running your thumb down the central seam .

When you have a bucket or two to do it's best done sitting on a dining type chair or solid box in sunshine or shade if it is hot with some decent music on , a beer & soda pop shandy with a big bucket between your legswwith the rim below your knees for the shelled peas , the basket of unshelled peas to the favoured hand side at waist height & the waste basket /bucket on the other side below knee height .

The hardest way is to stand stooped at a kitchen sink reaching forward & down into the sink with the unshelled peas in it and having to lift up the shell, twist at the waist to pop the peas in a bowl & twist a bit further to put the pods in a bin /tub set on the draining board/worktop where the top edge is six or seven inches higher than the drainer .
(pea pods make a great dry home made country wine )
plantoid
plantoid

Back to top Go down

Post  llama momma 6/30/2013, 6:32 pm

Garlic scapes and Egyptian onions sautéed in butter over pierogies and battered baked pork chops.  I am so glad I froze the scapes and can use them anytime!  Very Happy
llama momma
llama momma

Certified SFG Instructor

Female Posts : 4921

Back to top Go down

Post  CapeCoddess 6/30/2013, 7:05 pm

Daikon radish pods are yummy raw...these are from one plant:

eggplant - What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 2 100_7617

But it's probably good to keep in mind...they are a diuretic like the radish itself. Rolling Eyes We went into the 'big city' today and my mother thought there was something wrong with me coz in every store I had to hit the ladies room.

CC
CapeCoddess
CapeCoddess

Back to top Go down

Post  Josh 6/30/2013, 7:27 pm

Cabbage, tomatoes, onions, bell peppers, banana peppers, hot peppers, cucumber, pink cherry tomatoes, green beans, potatoes, blackberries, oregano, rosemary, sage, various mints, and a bouquet of roses for the table.
eggplant - What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 2 6-30-13wheelbarowfullofgoodness_zps00b811bf
Josh
Josh

Certified SFG Instructor

Male Posts : 741

http://greenesgardenthings.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  gwennifer 6/30/2013, 7:44 pm

Okay, so it's not a wheelbarrow full of produce like Josh there, but it's my very first harvest from seed from my new tabletop beds so I still wanted to share.  French breakfast radishes I had with my lunch today, sown 21 days ago:  eggplant - What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 2 French10

CC, is the diuretic thing true of all radishes, or just the Daikon radish?
gwennifer
gwennifer

Certified SFG Instructor

Female Posts : 1414

http://www.bluekeypm.com

Back to top Go down

Post  CapeCoddess 6/30/2013, 7:48 pm

Your radishes are lovely, Gwen! I wasn't able to get mine to bulb up so I let them go to seed/pod.

I eat alot of the regular ones (from the grocery store this year apparently) along with their pods and haven't noticed any diuretic affect.

CC
CapeCoddess
CapeCoddess

Back to top Go down

Post  llama momma 6/30/2013, 7:56 pm

Congrats everyone, looking terrific!
llama momma
llama momma

Certified SFG Instructor

Back to top Go down

Post  herblover 7/1/2013, 9:43 am

Beets! First time I have ever eaten them. Three varieties I grew. Yesterday it was peppers in a mixed veggies salad.
herblover
herblover

Back to top Go down

Post  camprn 7/1/2013, 9:48 am

herblover wrote:Beets!  First time I have ever eaten them.  Three varieties I grew.  Yesterday it was peppers in a mixed veggies salad.
Did you like the beets? I love beets.

43 years a gardener and going strong with SFG.
https://squarefoot.forumotion.com/t3574-the-end-of-july-7-weeks-until-frost

There are certain pursuits which, if not wholly poetic and true, do at least suggest a nobler and finer relation to nature than we know. The keeping of bees, for instance. ~ Henry David Thoreau

https://squarefoot.forumotion.com/t1306-other-gardening-books

eggplant - What are you eating from your garden today? - Page 2 WxBanner?bannertype=wu_clean2day_cond&airportcode=KEEN&ForcedCity=Keene&ForcedState=NH&zipcode=03431&language=EN
camprn
camprn

Forum Moderator Certified SFG Teacher

Female Posts : 14169

https://squarefoot.forumotion.com/t3574-the-end-of-july-7-week

Back to top Go down

Post  herblover 7/1/2013, 1:15 pm

camprn wrote:
herblover wrote:Beets!  First time I have ever eaten them.  Three varieties I grew.  Yesterday it was peppers in a mixed veggies salad.
Did you like the beets? I love beets.

Yes I did.  I roasted them with lemon thyme, olive oil salt and pepper; them used them in a salad with candied pecans, goat cheese, and home grown greens.  Will plant more beginning of August.
herblover
herblover

Back to top Go down

Post  llama momma 7/1/2013, 2:22 pm

Did you know that beets contain betacyanin. I thought it was quite interesting that not everyone can digest it.  If you don't digest this don't worry.  It does not mean you have digestive/absorption problems.  Many people freak out when their rest room experiences turn pink or reddish for a few days after eating beets.  There is lots more details Rolling Eyes  on google but I'll kindly spare you the details!  tongue
llama momma
llama momma

Certified SFG Instructor

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next