Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
Locating Rabbit Manure- A Yahoo Group Toplef10Locating Rabbit Manure- A Yahoo Group 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

Locating Rabbit Manure- A Yahoo Group I22gcj10Locating Rabbit Manure- A Yahoo Group 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
Locating Rabbit Manure- A Yahoo Group Toplef10Locating Rabbit Manure- A Yahoo Group 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

Locating Rabbit Manure- A Yahoo Group I22gcj10Locating Rabbit Manure- A Yahoo Group 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Onions. Walk on?
by OhioGardener Today at 9:25 am

» Bokashi
by OhioGardener Today at 8:13 am

» New to SFG and in Virgina
by sanderson Today at 1:38 am

» Compost bins: Open vs. closed
by Scorpio Rising Yesterday at 10:38 am

» Recommended store bought compost - Photos of composts
by sanderson 3/26/2024, 5:56 pm

» 6 metal trellis frames
by docachna 3/25/2024, 4:31 pm

» N & C Midwest: March and April 2024
by Scorpio Rising 3/24/2024, 3:01 pm

» What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today
by OhioGardener 3/24/2024, 1:28 pm

» Senseless Banter...
by OhioGardener 3/23/2024, 6:02 pm

» Joann's fabric bankruptcy
by neefer 3/23/2024, 12:33 am

» New gardener from Santa Fe NM
by CantersVary 3/22/2024, 7:50 pm

» Kiwi's SFG Adventure
by KiwiSFGnewbie 3/22/2024, 5:07 pm

» Heat Mat Temperature Test
by OhioGardener 3/22/2024, 2:09 pm

» Victory Garden Reboot
by Scorpio Rising 3/22/2024, 11:53 am

» Mark's first SFG
by sanderson 3/22/2024, 11:43 am

» Commercial (bagged or bulk) compost question
by Mikesgardn 3/21/2024, 7:09 pm

» Think Spring 2024
by Scorpio Rising 3/20/2024, 10:34 am

» Fire Ring / Round Raised Bed Planter
by sanderson 3/19/2024, 4:51 pm

» Galvanized Fire Ring for Rhubarb Raised Beds?
by OhioGardener 3/18/2024, 10:34 am

» Happy St. Patrick's Day
by Scorpio Rising 3/17/2024, 5:54 pm

» Happy Birthday!!
by Scorpio Rising 3/11/2024, 10:28 am

» What are you eating from your garden today?
by Scorpio Rising 3/10/2024, 8:38 pm

» Why I love Oregano in the garden.
by OhioGardener 3/10/2024, 8:16 am

» Comfrey
by OhioGardener 3/9/2024, 6:07 pm

» Sealing Barrels Flowers Struggling-Need Ideas
by Turan 3/9/2024, 3:09 pm

» Hello again from a slightly different part of Central PA!
by sanderson 3/9/2024, 1:46 pm

» Chicken manure compost
by Oopsiedaisy 3/8/2024, 7:56 pm

» Chinese Broccoli
by sanderson 3/7/2024, 10:28 pm

» Heat Mat Lifespan
by Scorpio Rising 3/7/2024, 9:33 am

» Now is The Time To Take Seed Inventory
by OhioGardener 3/6/2024, 4:36 pm

Google

Search SFG Forum

Locating Rabbit Manure- A Yahoo Group

+6
camprn
miinva
plantoid
mijejo
HillbillyBob
TejasTerry
10 posters

Go down

Locating Rabbit Manure- A Yahoo Group Empty Locating Rabbit Manure- A Yahoo Group

Post  TejasTerry 1/13/2012, 8:01 am

Just located this yahoo group where you can post and give your general location, and locate bunny manure in your area for free. affraid

My access to the group is pending approval, so I will let everyone know later how it turns out. The group is here:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Bunnypowerforgardens/
TejasTerry
TejasTerry

Female Posts : 160

Back to top Go down

Locating Rabbit Manure- A Yahoo Group Empty Re: Locating Rabbit Manure- A Yahoo Group

Post  TejasTerry 1/13/2012, 9:11 am

They approved my request to join group within an hour. There are listings of rabbit farms from all over. Many are giving poo away for free, others are charging.

Jus thought this may be helpful to some of us looking for our "5 manure/compost" mix.

TejasTerry
TejasTerry
TejasTerry

Back to top Go down

Locating Rabbit Manure- A Yahoo Group Empty Re: Locating Rabbit Manure- A Yahoo Group

Post  HillbillyBob 1/13/2012, 10:42 am

How much are you looking for??Rolling Eyes

yep I should have read the whole thread before postingLocating Rabbit Manure- A Yahoo Group 601593 Locating Rabbit Manure- A Yahoo Group 27650
HillbillyBob
HillbillyBob

Male Posts : 162

Back to top Go down

Post  mijejo 1/13/2012, 10:57 am

Thanks! I just joined the Yahoo group. I am looking for as much as I can. I plan to double the size of my garden this year. My family is now spoiled to homegrown fresh garden food. That means I need to find - quickly! - a lot of compost.
mijejo
mijejo

Back to top Go down

Post  TejasTerry 1/13/2012, 11:14 am

HillbillyBob wrote:How much are you looking for??Rolling Eyes

yep I should have read the whole thread before postingLocating Rabbit Manure- A Yahoo Group 601593 Locating Rabbit Manure- A Yahoo Group 27650

Thanks, I think I found some very close to my house. East Texas would be a bit far for me to go..lol
TejasTerry
TejasTerry

Back to top Go down

Post  plantoid 1/13/2012, 3:19 pm

You guys are just so lucky , so very lucky , this side of the pond you'd like as not get petrol bombed if anyone found out you breed cute fluffly furry baby bunnies for MEAT or pets in any decent sized numbers What a Face

I stopped farming rabbits because of that , PETA type supporters made our life hell .
No matter how often we changed phone numbers or business names it wasn't long before we started geting hate mail and phone calls at all hours from the goofies. cyclops

I'd love to get rabbit muck for my gardens etc.as it's one of the fastest safest manures I know of besides fish meal .
plantoid
plantoid

Male Posts : 4096

Back to top Go down

Post  TejasTerry 1/13/2012, 5:53 pm

plantoid wrote:You guys are just so lucky , so very lucky , this side of the pond you'd like as not get petrol bombed if anyone found out you breed cute fluffly furry baby bunnies for MEAT or pets in any decent sized numbers What a Face

I stopped farming rabbits because of that , PETA type supporters made our life hell .
No matter how often we changed phone numbers or business names it wasn't long before we started geting hate mail and phone calls at all hours from the goofies. cyclops

I'd love to get rabbit muck for my gardens etc.as it's one of the fastest safest manures I know of besides fish meal .

That must be difficult to live with. The way I feel about it.... I LOVE animals. I'm the first one to jump up and have a fit when someone is abusing an animal. I don't like trophy hunters, or people that kill animals just to hang the heads on a their wall. But I will be the first during deer season, to respectfully take an animal for food purposes. Same with rabbits, or any other animal. Here in Texas, if we didn't have deer season, the deer would become over-populated and end up starving, etc. So it has it's place.

Those who raise bunnies, or any other animal for that matter, to sell for food, as long as the animals are raised humanely and treated with respect and kindness, that's cool with me.

So I put an ad on Craigslist today for bunny poo, and so far have 2 people who have responded. One is a student who is in 4H club. She said I can get bunny poo year around from her if I need it...way cool!
TejasTerry
TejasTerry

Back to top Go down

Post  miinva 1/13/2012, 11:27 pm

I joined too! Very Happy
miinva

Female Posts : 780

http://www.ungardener.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  plantoid 1/14/2012, 6:11 pm

This thread prompted me to go on the local Freecycle and ask :-

" If you normally throw you rabbit hutch litter away can I have it please ?
I need it to make my blended compost . I have cow and horse stuff a plenty , but would also like sheep , goat , llama & poultry droppings with straw , shavings or without ".

So far after only four hours of the post being made I've got three souces of several bags of rabbit litter waiting for me to collect . Six or more 25 kg feed sacks of neat poultry dropping , two of neat rabbit droppings and three of goat and straw.

They say that you get out of life what you put into it...... Err I'll skip that one if you please. Wink
plantoid
plantoid

Back to top Go down

Post  camprn 1/14/2012, 6:18 pm

Plantoid, absolutely brilliant!! Locating Rabbit Manure- A Yahoo Group 311672 Locating Rabbit Manure- A Yahoo Group 679265

43 years a gardener and going strong with SFG.
https://squarefoot.forumotion.com/t3574-the-end-of-july-7-weeks-until-frost

There are certain pursuits which, if not wholly poetic and true, do at least suggest a nobler and finer relation to nature than we know. The keeping of bees, for instance. ~ Henry David Thoreau

https://squarefoot.forumotion.com/t1306-other-gardening-books

Locating Rabbit Manure- A Yahoo Group WxBanner?bannertype=wu_clean2day_cond&airportcode=KEEN&ForcedCity=Keene&ForcedState=NH&zipcode=03431&language=EN
camprn
camprn

Forum Moderator Certified SFG Teacher

Female Posts : 14169

https://squarefoot.forumotion.com/t3574-the-end-of-july-7-week

Back to top Go down

Post  RoOsTeR 1/14/2012, 6:22 pm

plantoid wrote:This thread prompted me to go on the local Freecycle and ask :-

I need it to make my blended compost . I have cow and horse stuff a plenty , but would also like sheep , goat , llama & poultry droppings with straw , shavings or without ".

So far after only four hours of the post being made I've got three souces of several bags of rabbit litter waiting for me to collect . Six or more 25 kg feed sacks of neat poultry dropping , two of neat rabbit droppings and three of goat and straw.

They say that you get out of life what you put into it...... Err I'll skip that one if you please. Wink

You are the poo scavenger master rofl

Locating Rabbit Manure- A Yahoo Group Logo-111
I am my gardens worst enemy.
RoOsTeR
RoOsTeR

Male Posts : 4316

Back to top Go down

Post  LittleGardener 1/14/2012, 6:42 pm

plantoid wrote:
I'd love to get rabbit muck for my gardens etc. as it's one of the fastest safest manures I know of, besides fish meal.
Thanks! for sharing about rabbits, & fish meal. - It explains another Gardening-idea we are exploring Smile
LittleGardener
LittleGardener

Female Posts : 370

Back to top Go down

Post  LittleGardener 1/14/2012, 6:49 pm

TejasTerry wrote:
The way I feel about it.... I LOVE animals. I'm the first one to jump up and have a fit when someone is abusing an animal. I don't like trophy hunters, or people that kill animals just to hang the heads on a their wall.
But I will be the first during deer season, to respectfully take an animal for food purposes. Same with rabbits, or any other animal. Here in Texas, if we didn't have deer season, the deer would become over-populated and end up starving, etc. So it has it's place.

Those who raise bunnies, or any other animal for that matter, to sell for food, as long as the animals are raised humanely and treated with respect and kindness, that's cool with me.
Our sentiments exactly. Smile The emphasis being on 'respect'. And people
here during deer season, respectfully take an animal for food only.
LittleGardener
LittleGardener

Female Posts : 370

Back to top Go down

Post  plantoid 1/14/2012, 6:53 pm

nKedrOoStEr wrote:
plantoid wrote:This thread prompted me to go on the local Freecycle and ask :-

You are the poo scavenger master rofl

King of the heap indeed.

" Cock-a-doodle-dooooooooo "
I'll have to wait til the end of the month to change my avatar
plantoid
plantoid

Back to top Go down

Post  walshevak 1/14/2012, 9:22 pm

I went on freecycle asking for manures and compostabales. Only offers were for newpapers, leaves if I rake, and straw and duck poo from one lone duck.

Kay

A WEED IS A FLOWER GROWING IN THE WRONG PLACE
Elizabeth City, NC
Find more about Weather in Elizabeth City, NC
Click for weather forecast
walshevak

Certified SFG Instructor

Female Posts : 4374

Back to top Go down

Post  plantoid 1/15/2012, 7:13 pm

walshevak wrote:I went on freecycle asking for manures and compostabales. Only offers were for newpapers, leaves if I rake, and straw and duck poo from one lone duck.

Kay

I like it Kay ,
I cross cut shredded thirty broad sheet newspapers , swept up several twin wheel barrow loads of leaves & used the uncooked kitchen veg waste for my first compost bin mix , so your on a bonus having the use of the duck . Wink

Seriously Kay ,
I tried similarly worded requests and they produced nothing .
It seems you have to lead peoples mind elsewhere to something that catches their eye then make the request as you explain .

My request took me several minutes to write it out to get it to tell the story I wanted to tell & include the request , then I typed it in .
plantoid
plantoid

Back to top Go down

Post  madnicmom 1/15/2012, 9:30 pm

This is funny, I was on CL today looking for "manure" and found many different sources for rabbit,horse sourcesclose to my house. Any one in the Cincy area, there is a horse person who wants to give it away if you come get it here in Trenton. I also have access to chicken poo for free also. My egg guy told me "come get it" He is about 30 minutes north of me. So free horse and chicken poo. PM me if your interested.
madnicmom
madnicmom

Female Posts : 567

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down