Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
Tomato Tuesday/Europe Toplef10Tomato Tuesday/Europe 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

Tomato Tuesday/Europe I22gcj10Tomato Tuesday/Europe 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
Tomato Tuesday/Europe Toplef10Tomato Tuesday/Europe 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

Tomato Tuesday/Europe I22gcj10Tomato Tuesday/Europe 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Joann's fabric bankruptcy
by has55 Yesterday at 9:13 pm

» Senseless Banter...
by OhioGardener Yesterday at 12:11 pm

» Fire Ring / Round Raised Bed Planter
by donnainzone5 Yesterday at 11:47 am

» Galvanized Fire Ring for Rhubarb Raised Beds?
by OhioGardener Yesterday at 10:34 am

» Happy St. Patrick's Day
by Scorpio Rising 3/17/2024, 5:54 pm

» Kiwi's SFG Adventure
by KiwiSFGnewbie 3/17/2024, 4:58 pm

» N & C Midwest: March and April 2024
by Scorpio Rising 3/16/2024, 12:16 pm

» Prefab compost question
by sanderson 3/14/2024, 11:40 pm

» New gardener from Santa Fe NM
by Turan 3/14/2024, 2:06 pm

» Compost bins: Open vs. closed
by OhioGardener 3/13/2024, 5:48 pm

» Heat Mat Temperature Test
by sanderson 3/13/2024, 1:31 am

» Bokashi
by OhioGardener 3/12/2024, 5:37 pm

» Happy Birthday!!
by Scorpio Rising 3/11/2024, 10:28 am

» What are you eating from your garden today?
by Scorpio Rising 3/10/2024, 8:38 pm

» Why I love Oregano in the garden.
by OhioGardener 3/10/2024, 8:16 am

» Comfrey
by OhioGardener 3/9/2024, 6:07 pm

» Sealing Barrels Flowers Struggling-Need Ideas
by Turan 3/9/2024, 3:09 pm

» Hello again from a slightly different part of Central PA!
by sanderson 3/9/2024, 1:46 pm

» Chicken manure compost
by Oopsiedaisy 3/8/2024, 7:56 pm

» Chinese Broccoli
by sanderson 3/7/2024, 10:28 pm

» Heat Mat Lifespan
by Scorpio Rising 3/7/2024, 9:33 am

» Now is The Time To Take Seed Inventory
by OhioGardener 3/6/2024, 4:36 pm

» Mark's first SFG
by sanderson 3/5/2024, 10:55 pm

» Greetings from a haggard mom
by sanderson 3/5/2024, 2:32 am

» Drip Irrigation question
by HDNoviceGardener_CA 3/4/2024, 9:50 pm

» Recommended store bought compost - Photos of composts
by sanderson 3/2/2024, 8:20 pm

» raised bed quanders
by OhioGardener 3/1/2024, 7:32 pm

» N&C Midwest January & February 2024
by OhioGardener 3/1/2024, 7:15 am

» Seeds 'n Such Leap Year Sale
by sanderson 2/29/2024, 1:42 pm

» Horsey poop
by MrBooker 2/29/2024, 10:56 am

Google

Search SFG Forum

Tomato Tuesday/Europe

2 posters

Go down

Tomato Tuesday/Europe Empty Tomato Tuesday/Europe

Post  pattipan 5/24/2011, 7:31 pm

Welcome to Tomato Tuesday 2011!!

First off you are probably wondering what Tomato Tuesday is, right? It's simply a weekly report or update on how our tomatoes are progressing. Join in and post your reports. It doesn't have to be a long drawn out report and it isn't required, but it will be fun and informative to read about how other tomatoes in your region progress throughout the season. It's one of the things we hold in common as a region.

Very easy guidelines for posting your Tomato Tuesday reports...

• Have fun with this!
  • Report only on Tuesday if at all possible.
  • Use this same thread to post your reports through the end of the season. In other words, don't start a new thread each Tuesday. That way it will be easy to find this thread next week. It will be one looooong thread by October.
  • Other regional forums may start a Tomato Tuesday as well, double-check that you are in the Europe forum when you post your report.
  • Refer to first guideline.

Since there is no regional host for Europe region yet, anyone can start their tomato report today if they like. Don't wait! You can check the other regional forums that have Tomato Tuesdays going on if you want to see what others are posting about.

Got tomatoes? We want to hear about them!
pattipan
pattipan

Female Posts : 808

https://squarefoot.forumotion.com/gallery/personal160.htm

Back to top Go down

Tomato Tuesday/Europe Empty Re: Tomato Tuesday/Europe

Post  Mads 5/26/2011, 1:16 am

Tomato Tuesday/Europe 2011-011

Uhhh, this picture upload is dodgy when tryin first time. The window won't close... But what the heck, trying anyway ;-)

Here we go... I know it's already Thursday, but I didn't see this post on Tuesday... The pic should show my desktop tomato here at the office, next to an Aji Cristal pepper plant... I don't know the species of the tomato as it comes from seeds from a tomato that my Lithuanian colleague's mother grew. The plant is obviously named after my colleague's mother, Reda.

There is some tragedy to this story though... The plant was germinated a looong time ago and I had spent numerous attempts to prune it and make it bushy, but all it wanted to do was kiss the sky. Finally I let it, but forgot to tie it to the stake and one morning (I believe it was Monday) it had broken... Poor Reda... But I gave the broken off part to another colleague and she'll now try to grow it as a cutting. So life goes on...

So there's that growing on here in the office... I have my San Marzanos, Brandywines and three different cherry tomatoes growing at home and hopefully soon have a bigger and better greenhouse ready for them...
Mads
Mads

Male Posts : 13

http://kitchenfears.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  pattipan 5/26/2011, 2:47 am

Mads wrote:

Uhhh, this picture upload is dodgy when tryin first time. The window won't close... But what the heck, trying anyway ;-)

Here we go... I know it's already Thursday, but I didn't see this post on Tuesday... The pic should show my desktop tomato here at the office, next to an Aji Cristal pepper plant... I don't know the species of the tomato as it comes from seeds from a tomato that my Lithuanian colleague's mother grew. The plant is obviously named after my colleague's mother, Reda.

There is some tragedy to this story though... The plant was germinated a looong time ago and I had spent numerous attempts to prune it and make it bushy, but all it wanted to do was kiss the sky. Finally I let it, but forgot to tie it to the stake and one morning (I believe it was Monday) it had broken... Poor Reda... But I gave the broken off part to another colleague and she'll now try to grow it as a cutting. So life goes on...

So there's that growing on here in the office... I have my San Marzanos, Brandywines and three different cherry tomatoes growing at home and hopefully soon have a bigger and better greenhouse ready for them...

I'm glad you went ahead and posted Mads! The rules are very flexible for Tomato Tuesday as you have probably already figured out. I added that part about posting on Tuesdays to make it easier for folks to remember to post once a week. I think you are about 7 hours ahead of USA Eastern time anyway!

I assume you have a short growing season there in Zone 4, it will be fascinating to read your updates from Finland!

Now, about the Host an Image upload box/window. I just figured out how to make it go away from someone's post yesterday. After you have copied the image link to your post, click the Host an Image button again and the window will close. Tada!

pattipan
pattipan
pattipan

Female Posts : 808

https://squarefoot.forumotion.com/gallery/personal160.htm

Back to top Go down

Post  Mads 6/5/2011, 2:33 pm

So here's the Tuesday Tomato update from me again (apparently I'm the only one doing it...). Only it's Sunday, so I can't say how the one at work is doing. It has been drying out a few times lately, so let's see how it's doing Monday morning...

Here at home I've managed to repot most of the smaller varieties into their final pots and gotten them positioned more or less where they need to be. Now just need to repot the bigger ones along with a lot of peppers... So that's what'll keep me busy the next evenings and the weekend...

Didn't take any pics yet as the greenhouse is still a mess...
Mads
Mads

Male Posts : 13

http://kitchenfears.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down