Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
PNW: It can't be September-we haven't had summer yet :( Toplef10PNW: It can't be September-we haven't had summer yet :( 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

PNW: It can't be September-we haven't had summer yet :( I22gcj10PNW: It can't be September-we haven't had summer yet :( 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
PNW: It can't be September-we haven't had summer yet :( Toplef10PNW: It can't be September-we haven't had summer yet :( 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

PNW: It can't be September-we haven't had summer yet :( I22gcj10PNW: It can't be September-we haven't had summer yet :( 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Onions. Walk on?
by sanderson Yesterday at 6:02 pm

» Bokashi
by OhioGardener Yesterday at 8:13 am

» New to SFG and in Virgina
by sanderson Yesterday at 1:38 am

» Compost bins: Open vs. closed
by Scorpio Rising 3/27/2024, 10:38 am

» Recommended store bought compost - Photos of composts
by sanderson 3/26/2024, 5:56 pm

» 6 metal trellis frames
by docachna 3/25/2024, 4:31 pm

» N & C Midwest: March and April 2024
by Scorpio Rising 3/24/2024, 3:01 pm

» What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today
by OhioGardener 3/24/2024, 1:28 pm

» Senseless Banter...
by OhioGardener 3/23/2024, 6:02 pm

» Joann's fabric bankruptcy
by neefer 3/23/2024, 12:33 am

» New gardener from Santa Fe NM
by CantersVary 3/22/2024, 7:50 pm

» Kiwi's SFG Adventure
by KiwiSFGnewbie 3/22/2024, 5:07 pm

» Heat Mat Temperature Test
by OhioGardener 3/22/2024, 2:09 pm

» Victory Garden Reboot
by Scorpio Rising 3/22/2024, 11:53 am

» Mark's first SFG
by sanderson 3/22/2024, 11:43 am

» Commercial (bagged or bulk) compost question
by Mikesgardn 3/21/2024, 7:09 pm

» Think Spring 2024
by Scorpio Rising 3/20/2024, 10:34 am

» Fire Ring / Round Raised Bed Planter
by sanderson 3/19/2024, 4:51 pm

» Galvanized Fire Ring for Rhubarb Raised Beds?
by OhioGardener 3/18/2024, 10:34 am

» Happy St. Patrick's Day
by Scorpio Rising 3/17/2024, 5:54 pm

» Happy Birthday!!
by Scorpio Rising 3/11/2024, 10:28 am

» What are you eating from your garden today?
by Scorpio Rising 3/10/2024, 8:38 pm

» Why I love Oregano in the garden.
by OhioGardener 3/10/2024, 8:16 am

» Comfrey
by OhioGardener 3/9/2024, 6:07 pm

» Sealing Barrels Flowers Struggling-Need Ideas
by Turan 3/9/2024, 3:09 pm

» Hello again from a slightly different part of Central PA!
by sanderson 3/9/2024, 1:46 pm

» Chicken manure compost
by Oopsiedaisy 3/8/2024, 7:56 pm

» Chinese Broccoli
by sanderson 3/7/2024, 10:28 pm

» Heat Mat Lifespan
by Scorpio Rising 3/7/2024, 9:33 am

» Now is The Time To Take Seed Inventory
by OhioGardener 3/6/2024, 4:36 pm

Google

Search SFG Forum

PNW: It can't be September-we haven't had summer yet :(

5 posters

Go down

PNW: It can't be September-we haven't had summer yet :( Empty PNW: It can't be September-we haven't had summer yet :(

Post  boffer 9/1/2010, 10:37 pm

Seriously.

My garden is beautiful looking right now-if it was the middle of July. I've got a couple hundred squares finally growing that I'm not going to get any harvest from. Tomatoes, winter squash, corn, peppers, some cukes, and no zucchinis yet. C'mon, who can't grow zucchinis?

Just getting blossoms on some squashes.
PNW: It can't be September-we haven't had summer yet :( 100_2713

I planted peas a couple weeks ago for a fall crop.
PNW: It can't be September-we haven't had summer yet :( 100_2714

This is an indeterminate Brandywine growing down from a table top box. It has small green maters, but they have no chance of turning red.
PNW: It can't be September-we haven't had summer yet :( 100_2715

Another Brandywine in a table top-growing up. There's five tomato plants in a row in five squares in 5 inches of Mel's Mix. I don't understand why people just can't believe it's possible.
PNW: It can't be September-we haven't had summer yet :( 100_2720

I will get spaghetti squash; it's hard to believe there's only 2 plants there.
PNW: It can't be September-we haven't had summer yet :( 100_2716

Only 20% of my corn seed germinated. I've got ears developing now, but it's a race against the calendar.
PNW: It can't be September-we haven't had summer yet :( 100_2717

My only red tomatoes on 10 plants. And the deer ate one of them!
PNW: It can't be September-we haven't had summer yet :( 100_2718

Well...it was my year for brassicas. This is the biggest cabbage I've grown. I had no cabbage moth problems this year.
PNW: It can't be September-we haven't had summer yet :( 100_2719

Brussel sprouts.
PNW: It can't be September-we haven't had summer yet :( 100_2712

Breakfast protein.
PNW: It can't be September-we haven't had summer yet :( 100_2711

A lot of row gardeners in my area have plowed down their gardens already. They gave it up early so they could start dreaming about next year.

boffer
boffer

Male Posts : 7392

http://boffer.us/

Back to top Go down

PNW: It can't be September-we haven't had summer yet :( Empty Re: PNW: It can't be September-we haven't had summer yet :(

Post  Lavender Debs 9/2/2010, 8:49 am

I feel your tomato pain. After 10 days of vacation I came home to a mess of beans, a hand full of red siltz and one Oregon Spring tomato and not much else. My Brandywines are still looking like I will need to fry them with a cornmeal crust (green). Same with the black prince and the black plums. The persimmon is showing a few hopeful colors and one Cherokee purple is coloring out... the one that is all miss-shapen and scabby at the seams. The rest are just as green as can be.
I am getting a few peppers, much to my surprise!

It has been a terrific year for learning about greens, except for collards which got a few leaves then wilted away. The carrots look good, so do the beets. Somehow I never got my Brussels in. And my first year of fennel was awesome!

I do have a few zucchini but since I don't like them I didn't care. The sweet momma squash is a wash, the delicata is close behind it (one possible squash after being replanted three times and rotting in the mud). There will be no pumpkins. I don't see evidence of green cucumbers (at least not without gloves) but I can find the burrs of lemon cucumbers that still need more summer to size up.

I'll get the vacation pictures off of the camera and head out to the garden this morning (today-Thursday the 2nd-and tomorrow are supposed to be sort of nice.)

Deborah... who waved at the exit sign for Yelm on the way home.
Lavender Debs
Lavender Debs

http://songs-of-coming-rain.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

PNW: It can't be September-we haven't had summer yet :( Empty PNW....

Post  trustinhart 9/2/2010, 11:13 am

Boffer: I had never seen your TT's. They are awesome. !!! Guess what I'm going to try to convince DH to do over the winter? Sorry you won't have enough time to see it all to harvest.

Deb: Glad to see you back. Sounds like your SFGs went pretty well too.

Happy Fall Gardening!!
trustinhart
trustinhart

Female Posts : 165

Back to top Go down

PNW: It can't be September-we haven't had summer yet :( Empty Re: PNW: It can't be September-we haven't had summer yet :(

Post  boffer 9/2/2010, 11:39 am

trustinhart wrote:Boffer: I had never seen your TT's.

Oh boy! (rubbing hands together) Somebody who doesn't know I'm into table tops...!

I added a couple more pics to my personal album this am.

https://squarefoot.forumotion.com/gallery/Personal-album-of-boffer/Personal-album-of-boffer-cat_u7.htm
boffer
boffer

Male Posts : 7392

http://boffer.us/

Back to top Go down

Post  martha 9/2/2010, 12:04 pm

primodinner..... hungry
martha
martha

Female Posts : 2188

Back to top Go down

Post  middlemamma 9/2/2010, 1:30 pm

I feel your pain guys...I am a little east of you and had a little better luck...but certainly not much.

I got 1 zucke, 1 cuke, and lots of sweet 100 tomaoto, but not one slice tomato or any of the stuff I was really excited about. I decided beans are my friend...when everything else didnt work out I had tons and tons and tons of beans that helped eased my pain. AND THEY ARE STILL GROWING!!!

I WILL NOT BE discouraged....it was amazing to see things grow...I learned SO MUCH...next year is going to be SO wonderful. I am planning an arbor that I will grow hops on for the hubby.... Shocked, going to get an earlier start inside this coming spring! I have so much that I will do different...including adding 4 more boxes. Smile

Smile (((HUGS))) BOFFER AND LAVENDER. The wonderful thing is we have next year. Smile
middlemamma
middlemamma

Female Posts : 2264

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum