Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
plantlife is officially late this year... Toplef10plantlife is officially late this year... 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

plantlife is officially late this year... I22gcj10plantlife is officially late this year... 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
plantlife is officially late this year... Toplef10plantlife is officially late this year... 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

plantlife is officially late this year... I22gcj10plantlife is officially late this year... 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Onions. Walk on?
by OhioGardener Today at 9:25 am

» Bokashi
by OhioGardener Today at 8:13 am

» New to SFG and in Virgina
by sanderson Today at 1:38 am

» Compost bins: Open vs. closed
by Scorpio Rising Yesterday at 10:38 am

» Recommended store bought compost - Photos of composts
by sanderson 3/26/2024, 5:56 pm

» 6 metal trellis frames
by docachna 3/25/2024, 4:31 pm

» N & C Midwest: March and April 2024
by Scorpio Rising 3/24/2024, 3:01 pm

» What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today
by OhioGardener 3/24/2024, 1:28 pm

» Senseless Banter...
by OhioGardener 3/23/2024, 6:02 pm

» Joann's fabric bankruptcy
by neefer 3/23/2024, 12:33 am

» New gardener from Santa Fe NM
by CantersVary 3/22/2024, 7:50 pm

» Kiwi's SFG Adventure
by KiwiSFGnewbie 3/22/2024, 5:07 pm

» Heat Mat Temperature Test
by OhioGardener 3/22/2024, 2:09 pm

» Victory Garden Reboot
by Scorpio Rising 3/22/2024, 11:53 am

» Mark's first SFG
by sanderson 3/22/2024, 11:43 am

» Commercial (bagged or bulk) compost question
by Mikesgardn 3/21/2024, 7:09 pm

» Think Spring 2024
by Scorpio Rising 3/20/2024, 10:34 am

» Fire Ring / Round Raised Bed Planter
by sanderson 3/19/2024, 4:51 pm

» Galvanized Fire Ring for Rhubarb Raised Beds?
by OhioGardener 3/18/2024, 10:34 am

» Happy St. Patrick's Day
by Scorpio Rising 3/17/2024, 5:54 pm

» Happy Birthday!!
by Scorpio Rising 3/11/2024, 10:28 am

» What are you eating from your garden today?
by Scorpio Rising 3/10/2024, 8:38 pm

» Why I love Oregano in the garden.
by OhioGardener 3/10/2024, 8:16 am

» Comfrey
by OhioGardener 3/9/2024, 6:07 pm

» Sealing Barrels Flowers Struggling-Need Ideas
by Turan 3/9/2024, 3:09 pm

» Hello again from a slightly different part of Central PA!
by sanderson 3/9/2024, 1:46 pm

» Chicken manure compost
by Oopsiedaisy 3/8/2024, 7:56 pm

» Chinese Broccoli
by sanderson 3/7/2024, 10:28 pm

» Heat Mat Lifespan
by Scorpio Rising 3/7/2024, 9:33 am

» Now is The Time To Take Seed Inventory
by OhioGardener 3/6/2024, 4:36 pm

Google

Search SFG Forum

plantlife is officially late this year...

3 posters

Go down

plantlife is officially late this year... Empty plantlife is officially late this year...

Post  Mirjam 6/2/2010, 3:23 am

On the news yesterday I heard that even the pollen-season (is that a word in english?) is a month later than usual, normally the grasses bloom half may, and this year they're expected to start halfway june... Good news maybe for those with hay fever (although I think the period will be just as long...), but if even the weeds are a month late, I can understand why my warm weather crops aren't growing very fast...they're just too cold Smile

Anyway, the cold weather is seriously ruining my planning, I planted very early peas and sugarsnaps (first early may, they're called), and I planned to plant something else in those square afterwards... but they're only just blooming, so I guess it will be another few weeks before I can pick any pods. And in the meantime, they keep the sun from getting to my tomatoes behind them...

Well, it's only my first year of SFG, so I consider it all as educative moments... next year I'll do a lot of things differrent...I'm not sure yet how exactly though plantlife is officially late this year... Icon_biggrin

At the moment the sun is shining, and we're enjoying a few days of around 20 Celsius (I think that's about 65 degrees?), and it's said there's more nice weather to come....let's just hope for a good summer (and a long growing season to catch up plantlife is officially late this year... Icon_smile )
Mirjam
Mirjam

Female Posts : 151

http://mirjamroos.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

plantlife is officially late this year... Empty Re: plantlife is officially late this year...

Post  jtwenting 6/2/2010, 3:29 am

good to see I'm not the only one who's having a slow start this year plantlife is officially late this year... 61949

Lettuce is getting on nicely, but it's essentially a weed and will grow in basically anything, selected the variety for hardiness after all plantlife is officially late this year... Icon_bounce

Carrots, onions, and herbs are finally starting, even the hibiscus are growing now.
jtwenting

Back to top Go down

plantlife is officially late this year... Empty Re: plantlife is officially late this year...

Post  Mirjam 6/2/2010, 3:34 am

I thought my hibiscuses (hibisci?) had died in the winter, but fortunately leaves started popping up lately on mine too Smile It took 'em extremely long this year...

The cool weather crops are doing fine here too, but the peppers/tomatoes/cucumbers are like "in stasis", one of my mini-cucumbers is only 15 cm high, but there's already a little cucumber on it... don't know if I should cut it off, so the plant can put it's energy in growing, or let it sit because it's just so cute Smile
Mirjam
Mirjam

Female Posts : 151

http://mirjamroos.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  LaFee 6/2/2010, 6:49 am

me, too.

My lettuce is growing as fast as we can eat salad, and my tomatoes are about 25cm high, although there are no blossoms yet. We ate the first round of radishes, and I've replanted those square with more of them.

My peppers are growing, but slowly, and I'm convinced that the carrots will finally be big enough to eat by Christmas if I'm lucky.

Sweet peas and broccoli are growing well, and my green beans and corn stuck their noses up yesterday.

My cucumbers, watermelon, and canteloupe are resolutely refusing to come out. I figure it's just because it's been too cool for them. (I turned the boiler back on on June 1, for heaven's sake...is that insane, or what?!)

We'd better have a late autumn to make up for this.
LaFee

Female Posts : 1023

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum