Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
wheelbarrow Toplef10wheelbarrow 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

wheelbarrow I22gcj10wheelbarrow 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]
Square Foot Gardening Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search
 
 

Display results as :
 

 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» N&C Midwest—October 2020
by OhioGardener Yesterday at 7:07 pm

» Percent of worm castings in soil mix
by yolos Yesterday at 6:18 pm

» Adding a "trowel full" of compost? Really?
by GardenLikeMad Yesterday at 11:46 am

» Recommended chippers for small-scale composting?
by yolos Yesterday at 1:00 am

» I can't find compost for my Mel's mix, and my compost pile is not sufficient
by Nancy Rae 10/28/2020, 3:11 pm

» Garden Veggie Plants Dying
by Yardslave 10/28/2020, 12:53 pm

» CANADIAN REGION: What are you doing October, November, December 2020
by Kelejan 10/28/2020, 3:12 am

» TD - A Journey Through Prostate Cancer
by Kelejan 10/28/2020, 2:50 am

» Update on Marie's mom
by Kelejan 10/28/2020, 2:39 am

» Garlic in Central Ohio
by Dunkinjean 10/27/2020, 10:44 pm

» What are you eating from your garden today?
by OhioGardener 10/27/2020, 6:47 pm

» turnip/rutabaga trouble
by OhioGardener 10/27/2020, 3:07 pm

» What Have You Picked From Your Garden Today
by Scorpio Rising 10/25/2020, 7:01 pm

» FULL GARDEN TOUR (Both SFG and Non-SFG)
by dstack 10/23/2020, 6:29 pm

» Weed Killer Spray and my garden
by sanderson 10/21/2020, 10:13 pm

» How's the Weather Where You're At?
by RJARPCGP 10/21/2020, 6:44 pm

» New England, October, 2020
by RJARPCGP 10/21/2020, 6:40 pm

» Bokashi
by OhioGardener 10/21/2020, 6:08 pm

» Self Watering containers?
by OldCrow 10/21/2020, 1:38 pm

» Happy Birthday!!
by Scorpio Rising 10/20/2020, 7:50 pm

» Help with bush beans
by LilBittyBean 10/17/2020, 1:41 pm

» Hello!
by AtlantaMarie 10/16/2020, 6:42 am

» my worms are gonna get hungry
by OhioGardener 10/15/2020, 12:49 pm

» Mark's first SFG
by markqz 10/15/2020, 12:11 pm

» 2020 SFG in Brooks, GA
by yolos 10/13/2020, 11:32 pm

» Fern leaf tomato?
by plantoid 10/13/2020, 4:28 pm

» Prior planning prevents poor plantings performance
by sanderson 10/12/2020, 2:08 am

» Tomato Pie
by sanderson 10/12/2020, 2:03 am

» Seed Exchange: Looking for Greek Sweet Red Squash
by sanderson 10/12/2020, 1:47 am

» OhioGardener SFG
by OhioGardener 10/10/2020, 6:27 pm

Google

Search SFG Forum

wheelbarrow

Go down

wheelbarrow Empty wheelbarrow

Post  Gavinrazius on 9/5/2019, 8:15 am

Hi, everybody. I bought a wheelbarrow on Amazon a couple of days ago. And almost immediately she broke the wheel. Can you suggest reliable stores where I can order a replacement?

Model CP6PS Poly


wheelbarrow Ames-CP6PS-Poly-Wheelbarrow
Gavinrazius
Gavinrazius

Posts : 1
Join date : 2019-09-05
Location : NY

Back to top Go down

wheelbarrow Empty Re: wheelbarrow

Post  OhioGardener on 9/5/2019, 8:28 am

@Gavinrazius wrote:Hi, everybody. I bought a wheelbarrow on Amazon a couple of days ago. And almost immediately she broke the wheel. Can you suggest reliable stores where I can order a replacement?

Model CP6PS Poly

Sorry to hear that!  Poly wheelbarrows just don't last.  I bought a good quality steel one with a flat free tire, and it has been very durable and lasting. But, it was more expensive. This is like the one I bought:

Jackson 6-cu ft steel wheelbarrow

____________________________

Never plant without a bucket of compost at your side.
OhioGardener
OhioGardener

Forum Moderator

Posts : 2177
Join date : 2018-08-06
Location : SW Ohio

Back to top Go down

wheelbarrow Empty Re: wheelbarrow

Post  Brouhaha on 1/15/2020, 9:30 pm

I recommend Jackson Wheelbarrow, it is what I am using and it's strong and durable.
Brouhaha
Brouhaha

Posts : 1
Join date : 2020-01-15
Location : San Jose, California

Back to top Go down

wheelbarrow Empty Re: wheelbarrow

Post  sanderson on 1/16/2020, 3:14 am

Hello, Gavin glad you\'re here

____________________________

Find more about Weather in Fresno, CA
Click for weather forecast
sanderson
sanderson

Forum Administrator

Female Posts : 19186
Join date : 2013-04-21
Age : 71
Location : Fresno CA Zone 8-9

https://connect.xfinity.com/appsuite/#!!&app=io.ox/mail&

Back to top Go down

wheelbarrow Empty Re: wheelbarrow

Post  Dan in Ct on 1/16/2020, 10:00 am

For what it is worth. I like two wheel wheelbarrows with flat free tires. Mine is a 10 cubic foot for which I built a soil and compost screen for and because I do so much screening with it probably need the two wheels for stability. I have been looking long and hard at the Worx one if I decide to have a fleet of wheelbarrows. Just to pick up buckets and hopefully in the near future fig trees. I do have a small one wheel that I use to run around and pick up brush in the yard. I differ from Ohio Gardener in that I have had very good luck with poly wheelbarrows but the only poly on my 10 cu.ft. is the tub the rest is metal excepting of course the tires. Here is a link to Ace Hardware, my two wheeler I got at Tractor Supply on sale at the same price as the one at Ace but I did buy it in 2011 after a freak snowstorm in October destroyed my other one.

https://www.acehardware.com/departments/lawn-and-garden/gardening-tools/wheelbarrows-carts-and-hand-trucks/7331721?x429=true&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&gclid=CjwKCAiAsIDxBRAsEiwAV76N80ybcyH8PAOk1wsd8aQvwNMVwCP5Okv29FMA41I7ATo8Cm6sETvSIBoC6VAQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

A link to Tractor Supply

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/groundwork-pro-10-cu-ft-poly-wheelbarrow?cm_vc=-10005
Dan in Ct
Dan in Ct

Male Posts : 294
Join date : 2014-08-10
Location : Ct Zone 6A

Back to top Go down

wheelbarrow Empty Re: wheelbarrow

Post  yolos on 1/16/2020, 4:28 pm

I also have a two front wheel wheelbarrow.  It is also plastic.  I love both of these features.  The one negative is if you are rolling it along a hill (side to side not up or down) it does not work well because you do not have one wheel in the middle to balance it and keep it level.  I bought mine at home depot.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/True-Temper-6-cu-ft-Poly-Wheelbarrow-with-Dual-Wheels-RP6DWLG8/300500159
yolos
yolos

Female Posts : 3967
Join date : 2011-11-20
Age : 70
Location : Brooks, Ga Zone 7B/8A

Back to top Go down

wheelbarrow Empty Re: wheelbarrow

Post  sanderson on 1/24/2020, 7:01 pm

@yolos wrote:I also have a two front wheel wheelbarrow.  It is also plastic.  I love both of these features.  The one negative is if you are rolling it along a hill (side to side not up or down) it does not work well because you do not have one wheel in the middle to balance it and keep it level.  I bought mine at home depot.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/True-Temper-6-cu-ft-Poly-Wheelbarrow-with-Dual-Wheels-RP6DWLG8/300500159
Love this. No wrenching the back if it starts to tip left or right.

____________________________

Find more about Weather in Fresno, CA
Click for weather forecast
sanderson
sanderson

Forum Administrator

Female Posts : 19186
Join date : 2013-04-21
Age : 71
Location : Fresno CA Zone 8-9

https://connect.xfinity.com/appsuite/#!!&app=io.ox/mail&

Back to top Go down

wheelbarrow Empty Re: wheelbarrow

Post  Dan in Ct on 3/3/2020, 8:34 am

Just watched a video on You Tube, 10 unbelievable wheelbarrows and thought I had to share and countrynaturals I still want the Worx one but if I had the money? It still would have been nice if there had been one I could run with my tablet while sitting in a lounge chair and enjoying my favorite bev. What is the sense of having all this technology if it isn't going to do most of the work? I am not afraid of robots as long as they take that list the wife keeps handing me and start completing some of the tasks. It would be nice to see her smile again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hR-KvzkRSN0&feature=emb_rel
Dan in Ct
Dan in Ct

Male Posts : 294
Join date : 2014-08-10
Location : Ct Zone 6A

Back to top Go down

wheelbarrow Empty Re: wheelbarrow

Post  OhioGardener on 3/3/2020, 8:40 am

@Dan in Ct wrote:I am not afraid of robots as long as they take that list the wife keeps handing me and start completing some of the tasks. It would be nice to see her smile again.

It is a losing battle, Dan. Every time you cross off one of the Honey Do items, at least 5 more magically show up on the list.  Shocked

____________________________

Never plant without a bucket of compost at your side.
OhioGardener
OhioGardener

Forum Moderator

Posts : 2177
Join date : 2018-08-06
Location : SW Ohio

Back to top Go down

wheelbarrow Empty Re: wheelbarrow

Post  countrynaturals on 3/3/2020, 10:05 am

@Dan in Ct wrote:For what it is worth. I like two wheel wheelbarrows with flat free tires. Mine is a 10 cubic foot for which I built a soil and compost screen for and because I do so much screening with it probably need the two wheels for stability. I have been looking long and hard at the Worx one if I decide to have a fleet of wheelbarrows. Just to pick up buckets and hopefully in the near future fig trees. I do have a small one wheel that I use to run around and pick up brush in the yard. I differ from Ohio Gardener in that I have had very good luck with poly wheelbarrows but the only poly on my 10 cu.ft. is the tub the rest is metal excepting of course the tires. Here is a link to Ace Hardware, my two wheeler I got at Tractor Supply on sale at the same price as the one at Ace but I did buy it in 2011 after a freak snowstorm in October destroyed my other one.

https://www.acehardware.com/departments/lawn-and-garden/gardening-tools/wheelbarrows-carts-and-hand-trucks/7331721?x429=true&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&gclid=CjwKCAiAsIDxBRAsEiwAV76N80ybcyH8PAOk1wsd8aQvwNMVwCP5Okv29FMA41I7ATo8Cm6sETvSIBoC6VAQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
We also have the 2-wheeler from Ace and LOVE IT! We got it on a super sale a few years ago and almost went to divorce court fighting over custody. Mad

Katie has a poly dump-wagon that she dearly loves. (Christmas gift from us a few years ago.)

I have an old standard, broken wheelbarrow that I use as a planting station. It's a real back-saver and also a soil-saver -- nothing spills and gets wasted, and it's the perfect size to hold a large bag of potting soil.

My all-time favorite, that still brings a tear to my eye, was almost an antique when Katie found it at an estate sale for $5. It was small, shallow, and light -- perfect for me, but already on its last legs. Bob patched it and fixed it many times, but it finally gave up the ghost. It didn't make the move, back in 2013, but now I'm sorry I didn't insist and use it here for yard art. That sweetie deserved to be immortalized. Sad
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Female Posts : 5692
Join date : 2016-04-12
Location : Redding, CA

http://countrynaturals.com

Back to top Go down

wheelbarrow Empty Re: wheelbarrow

Post  sanderson on 3/3/2020, 2:28 pm

@OhioGardener wrote:
@Dan in Ct wrote:I am not afraid of robots as long as they take that list the wife keeps handing me and start completing some of the tasks. It would be nice to see her smile again.

It is a losing battle, Dan. Every time you cross off one of the Honey Do items, at least 5 more magically show up on the list.  Shocked
rofl

____________________________

Find more about Weather in Fresno, CA
Click for weather forecast
sanderson
sanderson

Forum Administrator

Female Posts : 19186
Join date : 2013-04-21
Age : 71
Location : Fresno CA Zone 8-9

https://connect.xfinity.com/appsuite/#!!&app=io.ox/mail&

Back to top Go down

wheelbarrow Empty Re: wheelbarrow

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum