Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
What Browser Do You Use? Toplef10What Browser Do You Use? 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

What Browser Do You Use? I22gcj10What Browser Do You Use? 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Square Foot Gardening Forum
[table bgcolor=#000000 height=275][tr][td]
What Browser Do You Use? Toplef10What Browser Do You Use? 1zd3ho10

Hello Guest!
Welcome to the official Square Foot Gardening Forum.
There's lots to learn here by reading as a guest. However, if you become a member (it's free, ad free and spam-free) you'll have access to our large vermiculite databases, our seed exchange spreadsheets, Mel's Mix calculator, and many more members' pictures in the Gallery. Enjoy.

What Browser Do You Use? I22gcj10What Browser Do You Use? 14dhcg10

[/td][/tr][/table]
Square Foot Gardening Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search
 
 

Display results as :
 

 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Winter Lag - Waiting for Sprimg
by sanderson Today at 4:36 pm

» Kitty Control
by sanderson Today at 4:25 pm

» What are you eating from your garden today?
by sanderson Today at 3:02 am

» TDs 2024 SFG
by Turan Today at 12:09 am

» Hello! From GA! Newbie
by sanderson Yesterday at 9:53 pm

» Kiwi's SFG Adventure
by sanderson Yesterday at 9:45 pm

» Sweet Potato Slips - Buy or Grow?
by sanderson Yesterday at 1:27 pm

» Seeds 'n Such Free Shipping
by sanderson Yesterday at 1:09 pm

» Mark's first SFG
by markqz 2/19/2024, 11:25 pm

» Ohio Gardener's Greenhouse
by OhioGardener 2/19/2024, 5:46 pm

» Hi from Central Oregon
by donnainzone5 2/18/2024, 5:50 pm

» Mealybugs?
by OhioGardener 2/17/2024, 11:02 am

» Holy snow Batman!
by OhioGardener 2/17/2024, 10:59 am

» Second Life for Determinate Tomatoes?
by OhioGardener 2/16/2024, 7:35 am

» N&C Midwest January & February 2024
by JAM23 2/12/2024, 5:31 pm

» Calling all juice bar waste composters...
by KiwiSFGnewbie 2/12/2024, 12:14 am

» Recommended store bought compost - Photos of composts
by sanderson 2/9/2024, 10:52 pm

» Now is The Time To Take Seed Inventory
by sanderson 2/5/2024, 5:34 pm

» Homemade Seed Starting Mix
by sanderson 2/4/2024, 4:05 pm

» Stop warping in pine planks
by sanderson 2/4/2024, 3:56 pm

» Here's my purple cauliflower.
by markqz 2/1/2024, 11:40 pm

» Alfalfa Pellets and Epsom Salt for Tomatoes?
by sanderson 2/1/2024, 12:24 pm

» Bokashi
by sanderson 1/27/2024, 3:24 pm

» What can I do to fix my Mel's Mix?
by OhioGardener 1/24/2024, 8:23 am

» Re-Starting My Gardens
by Scorpio Rising 1/23/2024, 9:15 pm

» Lemongrass
by sanderson 1/23/2024, 2:37 am

» Dozens of seedlings in my compost tumbler, should I worry?
by KiwiSFGnewbie 1/19/2024, 8:15 pm

» Black Soldier Fly Composting
by OhioGardener 1/19/2024, 7:26 pm

» Cold Frame Idea
by OhioGardener 1/18/2024, 8:08 am

» Anyone near Chicago?
by MrBooker 1/18/2024, 6:28 am

Google

Search SFG Forum

What Browser Do You Use?

+4
No_Such_Reality
ispinwool
trolleydriver
countrynaturals
8 posters

Go down

What Browser Do You Use? Empty What Browser Do You Use?

Post  countrynaturals 4/25/2019, 10:37 am

I've always used Google Chrome, but one of their apps is bombarding me with offensive celebrity gossip. I've spent 3 days unsubscribing, uninstalling, reporting violations, blocking sites -- nothing works.

I hate Microsoft Edge and I'm not a fan of Internet Explorer, but I'll use that if I have to.

Has anyone tried Opera? Is that one with the Fox logo still out there? I'm really frustrated with this whole ordeal. I don't like being manipulated and having to waste hours of my time defending myself against cyber invaders. GRRRRR! Evil or Very Mad
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Female Posts : 5704
Join date : 2016-04-12
Location : Redding, CA

http://countrynaturals.com

Back to top Go down

What Browser Do You Use? Empty Re: What Browser Do You Use?

Post  trolleydriver 4/25/2019, 10:41 am

I use both Chrome and Edge.  I also have Firefox installed.  You could try Firefox.

BTW, on the browsers I use I also clear out the browsing history, cookies, etc. every few weeks.
avatar
trolleydriver

Forum Moderator

Male Posts : 5395
Join date : 2015-05-04
Age : 76
Location : Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Back to top Go down

What Browser Do You Use? Empty Re: What Browser Do You Use?

Post  countrynaturals 4/25/2019, 11:01 am

trolleydriver wrote:I use both Chrome and Edge.  I also have Firefox installed.  You could try Firefox.

BTW, on the browsers I use I also clear out the browsing history, cookies, etc. every few weeks.

YES! Firefox! That's the one I used to like but couldn't remember. (I just did a complete cleanup of cache, cookies, etc. -- it didn't help.)
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Female Posts : 5704
Join date : 2016-04-12
Location : Redding, CA

http://countrynaturals.com

Back to top Go down

What Browser Do You Use? Empty Re: What Browser Do You Use?

Post  ispinwool 4/25/2019, 4:01 pm

I use "Duck Duck Go" as my browser.  It's specifically designed to 
NOT track you and bombard you with ads.  I like it a LOT!
ispinwool
ispinwool

Female Posts : 85
Join date : 2011-04-13
Location : Western Pa. Zone 6A

Back to top Go down

What Browser Do You Use? Empty Re: What Browser Do You Use?

Post  countrynaturals 4/25/2019, 7:14 pm

ispinwool wrote:I use "Duck Duck Go" as my browser.  It's specifically designed to 
NOT track you and bombard you with ads.  I like it a LOT!
Thanks, Ispinwool. I uninstalled Chrome and started over with Firefox, which was a pain, but if it doesn't work, I'll go with Duck, Duck, Go. I'm sick to death of ads and nasty articles about celebrities.
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Female Posts : 5704
Join date : 2016-04-12
Location : Redding, CA

http://countrynaturals.com

Back to top Go down

What Browser Do You Use? Empty Re: What Browser Do You Use?

Post  No_Such_Reality 4/25/2019, 8:42 pm

Have you tried the ad-block extension for chrome?  

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/adblock/gighmmpiobklfepjocnamgkkbiglidom?hl=en-US
avatar
No_Such_Reality

Male Posts : 666
Join date : 2011-04-22
Location : Orange County, CA aka Disneyland or Sunset zone 22

Back to top Go down

What Browser Do You Use? Empty Re: What Browser Do You Use?

Post  OhioGardener 4/25/2019, 9:20 pm

countrynaturals wrote:Thanks, Ispinwool. I uninstalled Chrome and started over with Firefox, which was a pain, but if it doesn't work, I'll go with Duck, Duck, Go. I'm sick to death of ads and nasty articles about celebrities.

CN, after installing Firefox be sure to go to the Tools->Add-ons and add Adblocker X and Malware & URL Scanner.  Those add-ons will keep your browser clean, and greatly improve your browsing.

____________________________

"In short, the soil food web feeds everything you eat and helps keep your favorite planet from getting too hot. Be nice to it."  ~ Diane Miessler, "Grow Your Soil"
OhioGardener
OhioGardener

Forum Moderator

Male Posts : 4403
Join date : 2018-08-06
Location : SW Ohio

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkKWnsWrs0RIcyIQD1_Z26g

Back to top Go down

What Browser Do You Use? Empty Re: What Browser Do You Use?

Post  countrynaturals 4/25/2019, 9:29 pm

OhioGardener wrote:
countrynaturals wrote:Thanks, Ispinwool. I uninstalled Chrome and started over with Firefox, which was a pain, but if it doesn't work, I'll go with Duck, Duck, Go. I'm sick to death of ads and nasty articles about celebrities.

CN, after installing Firefox be sure to go to the Tools->Add-ons and add Adblocker X and Malware & URL Scanner.  Those add-ons will keep your browser clean, and greatly improve your browsing.
Thanks, OG. I didn't know that. thanks

OMG! Awesome! I didn't realize how these ads and popups were ruining my browsing experience until they pushed me over the edge with all the crap about Tom Selleck and Meghan Markle. When I couldn't get rid of it, I really got mad. NOW I'M FREE! happy turtle
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Female Posts : 5704
Join date : 2016-04-12
Location : Redding, CA

http://countrynaturals.com

Back to top Go down

What Browser Do You Use? Empty Re: What Browser Do You Use?

Post  RJARPCGP 4/25/2019, 10:26 pm

Been using Pale Moon, which was forked from pre-Quantum Firefox (website: palemoon.org)
RJARPCGP
RJARPCGP

Male Posts : 352
Join date : 2014-02-10
Age : 43
Location : North Springfield, Vermont

Back to top Go down

What Browser Do You Use? Empty Re: What Browser Do You Use?

Post  countrynaturals 4/25/2019, 11:41 pm

RJARPCGP wrote:Been using Pale Moon, which was forked from pre-Quantum Firefox (website: palemoon.org)
Migosh! I didn't know there were so many. I also had no idea it was Chrome that was causing all of my problems -- and doing it on purpose. Boy, am I glad to be rid of them. Twisted Evil
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Female Posts : 5704
Join date : 2016-04-12
Location : Redding, CA

http://countrynaturals.com

Back to top Go down

What Browser Do You Use? Empty Re: What Browser Do You Use?

Post  sanderson 4/26/2019, 5:47 pm

I will have to show this to hubby when he gets home from LV. I read that Windows 7, which we have now, will not be supported in a few months. I do not want Chrome! We have Firefox.

____________________________

Find more about Weather in Fresno, CA
Click for weather forecast
sanderson
sanderson

Forum Administrator

Female Posts : 21443
Join date : 2013-04-21
Age : 75
Location : Fresno CA Zone 8-9

https://connect.xfinity.com/appsuite/#!!&app=io.ox/mail&

Back to top Go down

What Browser Do You Use? Empty Re: What Browser Do You Use?

Post  countrynaturals 4/26/2019, 7:34 pm

sanderson wrote:I will have to show this to hubby when he gets home from LV.  I read that Windows 7, which we have now, will not be supported in a few months.  I do not want Chrome!  We have Firefox.
Uh-oh! Katie has 7, too. She doesn't want to upgrade, but I will make sure that when she does, she won't go with greedy, nasty, spammy Chrome. So far, I'm in love with Firefox, and that's also what my web developers forum recommends. Cool
countrynaturals
countrynaturals

Female Posts : 5704
Join date : 2016-04-12
Location : Redding, CA

http://countrynaturals.com

Back to top Go down

What Browser Do You Use? Empty Re: What Browser Do You Use?

Post  OhioGardener 4/26/2019, 9:26 pm

countrynaturals wrote:
sanderson wrote:I will have to show this to hubby when he gets home from LV.  I read that Windows 7, which we have now, will not be supported in a few months.  I do not want Chrome!  We have Firefox.
Uh-oh! Katie has 7, too. She doesn't want to upgrade, but I will make sure that when she does, she won't go with greedy, nasty, spammy Chrome. So far, I'm in love with Firefox, and that's also what my web developers forum recommends. Cool

Microsoft will end support for Windows 7 on Jan 14, 2020, but there isn't any particular need to upgrade the computer - I know people that are still using Windows XP and not having any problems.  Windows 7 will continue to function just fine without their periodic updates.  At some point in time, Microsoft's Internet Explorer (IE) will no longer be supported or work on Windows 7, but there are a lot better browsers than IE so that is not a problem for most people.

Just my .02 cents worth (with change), from a retired computer systems engineer....

____________________________

"In short, the soil food web feeds everything you eat and helps keep your favorite planet from getting too hot. Be nice to it."  ~ Diane Miessler, "Grow Your Soil"
OhioGardener
OhioGardener

Forum Moderator

Male Posts : 4403
Join date : 2018-08-06
Location : SW Ohio

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkKWnsWrs0RIcyIQD1_Z26g

Back to top Go down

What Browser Do You Use? Empty Re: What Browser Do You Use?

Post  yolos 4/26/2019, 9:51 pm

OhioGardener wrote:
countrynaturals wrote:
sanderson wrote:I will have to show this to hubby when he gets home from LV.  I read that Windows 7, which we have now, will not be supported in a few months.  I do not want Chrome!  We have Firefox.
Uh-oh! Katie has 7, too. She doesn't want to upgrade, but I will make sure that when she does, she won't go with greedy, nasty, spammy Chrome. So far, I'm in love with Firefox, and that's also what my web developers forum recommends. Cool

Microsoft will end support for Windows 7 on Jan 14, 2020, but there isn't any particular need to upgrade the computer - I know people that are still using Windows XP and not having any problems.  Windows 7 will continue to function just fine without their periodic updates.  At some point in time, Microsoft's Internet Explorer (IE) will no longer be supported or work on Windows 7, but there are a lot better browsers than IE so that is not a problem for most people.

Just my .02 cents worth (with change), from a retired computer systems engineer....
Back when I was working, we were too cheap to upgrade everytime an upgrade came along.  Eventually we were forced to because the accounting software applications relied on a special version of windows and if you had not yet upgraded to the new version of windows, the upgraded accounting software that you were using could no longer be used on the old windows.

I personally am using Windows 7.  I actually purchased a computer with windows 8 and took it back the next day because I hated Windows 8.  But i am having problems with this computer and will have to purchase a new computer soon and will probably have to get windows 8 or up.

I used to use EI but kept having problems so I switched to chorme.
yolos
yolos

Female Posts : 4152
Join date : 2011-11-20
Age : 74
Location : Brooks, Ga Zone 7B/8A

Back to top Go down

What Browser Do You Use? Empty Re: What Browser Do You Use?

Post  OhioGardener 4/27/2019, 8:37 am

yolos wrote:I personally am using Windows 7.  I actually purchased a computer with windows 8 and took it back the next day because I hated Windows 8.  But i am having problems with this computer and will have to purchase a new computer soon and will probably have to get windows 8 or up.

Windows 8 was discontinued due to all of the people-hating problems it had, and Windows 10 is the current version.   Kind of why I use Linux, but that's a different story for another time....  Smile

____________________________

"In short, the soil food web feeds everything you eat and helps keep your favorite planet from getting too hot. Be nice to it."  ~ Diane Miessler, "Grow Your Soil"
OhioGardener
OhioGardener

Forum Moderator

Male Posts : 4403
Join date : 2018-08-06
Location : SW Ohio

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkKWnsWrs0RIcyIQD1_Z26g

Back to top Go down

What Browser Do You Use? Empty Re: What Browser Do You Use?

Post  RJARPCGP 4/27/2019, 5:37 pm

8.1 is the 2013 refresh of the dreaded 2012 Windows 8!

8.1's got longer support than Windows 7.
RJARPCGP
RJARPCGP

Male Posts : 352
Join date : 2014-02-10
Age : 43
Location : North Springfield, Vermont

Back to top Go down

What Browser Do You Use? Empty Re: What Browser Do You Use?

Post  RJARPCGP 4/27/2019, 5:40 pm

countrynaturals wrote:
RJARPCGP wrote:Been using Pale Moon, which was forked from pre-Quantum Firefox (website: palemoon.org)
Migosh! I didn't know there were so many. I also had no idea it was Chrome that was causing all of my problems -- and doing it on purpose. Boy, am I glad to be rid of them. Twisted Evil
The good folks of Pale Moon, hate the direction that even Firefox is going!
RJARPCGP
RJARPCGP

Male Posts : 352
Join date : 2014-02-10
Age : 43
Location : North Springfield, Vermont

Back to top Go down

What Browser Do You Use? Empty Re: What Browser Do You Use?

Post  sanderson 5/1/2019, 3:32 am

Bumping this.

____________________________

Find more about Weather in Fresno, CA
Click for weather forecast
sanderson
sanderson

Forum Administrator

Female Posts : 21443
Join date : 2013-04-21
Age : 75
Location : Fresno CA Zone 8-9

https://connect.xfinity.com/appsuite/#!!&app=io.ox/mail&

Back to top Go down

What Browser Do You Use? Empty Re: What Browser Do You Use?

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum